• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I can read mine fine but that Tink dude is ****ing my eyes up.
im just so sexy your eyes arent good enough for it

I remember the last time you did that.

The only people who weren't bothered by it was me and anyone who used the white theme.
lol no one probably even tried to read my posts

i cant read fullmoons because i use the white theme, but no one complains to him! us whites are people too!

I had this avatar for 3 weeks. Achievement unlocked :p

Watched the Last Naruto movie. Sasuke was super important. I liked the movie. Massive nostalgia trip, holy ****

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So my region was in the topic of talking footstools and people told me that using R as jump would help a lot in doing them. So I decided to lab a bit with Zelda to see if I can get anything substantial unlike the last time I tried.

First hit falling Nair pops people up a little, which can lead to a footstool if done right. Only works on decently floaty characters though. And you really can't lead it into anything other than maybe FW going downwards (you might overshoot though) so this is mostly a don't try.

The BnB Dthrow -> Nair can actually lead to a footstool setup at low percentages. Idk if I'm just bad but I could never go for a jab lock Dair after the footstool with this setup though. It still forces the opponent to do a getup option which if you guess correctly can lead to a punish, so this is like Street Fighter resets now.

If they miss the tech, Dair can of course lead to footstool, but you can't really do much after at lower percentages (~50%). I'm pretty sure the ~70% range is optimal for a Dair -> footstool -> untechable Dair, but it's character and DI specific so still somewhat gimmicky. At around ~100%, you can Dair -> footstool -> FW downwards for ultimate swag but Dair -> Uair kills at that percent anyway lol

#ZeldaMetagameAdvancement #NotReally

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So my region was in the topic of talking footstools and people told me that using R as jump would help a lot in doing them. So I decided to lab a bit with Zelda to see if I can get anything substantial unlike the last time I tried.

First hit falling Nair pops people up a little, which can lead to a footstool if done right. Only works on decently floaty characters though. And you really can't lead it into anything other than maybe FW going downwards (you might overshoot though) so this is mostly a don't try.

The BnB Dthrow -> Nair can actually lead to a footstool setup at low percentages. Idk if I'm just bad but I could never go for a jab lock Dair after the footstool with this setup though. It still forces the opponent to do a getup option which if you guess correctly can lead to a punish, so this is like Street Fighter resets now.

If they miss the tech, Dair can of course lead to footstool, but you can't really do much after at lower percentages (~50%). I'm pretty sure the ~70% range is optimal for a Dair -> footstool -> untechable Dair, but it's character and DI specific so still somewhat gimmicky. At around ~100%, you can Dair -> footstool -> FW downwards for ultimate swag but Dair -> Uair kills at that percent anyway lol

#ZeldaMetagameAdvancement #NotReally
That's rather interesting. I should try and find some stuff for my mains. All I know of for Footstool combos for Shulk & Roy are rather dependent. Especially for Shulk:

He can do BAir > DAir if they miss their tech, or footstool into Sourspot DAir?. But I think Shulk can't do anything other than Fully Charged FSmash from that. Roy I believe he can do much more, like sourspot BAir/FAir from a footstool and maybe lock them in a sourspot DTilt? I'm not so sure.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I did find one that was back on 1.0.8 with Lucina. That if you hit someone with a FAir and they miss their tech. You can jab lock them with two Jabs and then do an FSmash, but since they changed her hitboxes, its no longer possible. It always worked at around 30% too.

Leinacx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2492-4409-8719
Footstool setups? Ehh.. I kinda do fast fall Nair into Dair and if they don't tech I just sour Bair or Fair them. Though I don't know if it's useful in battle but it doesn't hurt trying things out right? Since usually in For Glory I'll land fast fall Nair into almost everything but it's For Glory so.....yeah lol.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Dry your tears, Woody has returned from his vacation to reap the souls of the weak and fans of Cars 2.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
anyone wanna play me on teh wii u

or 3ds doesnt matter

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Re posting this here sort of:

So I just heard apparently a massive solar storm will be hitting earth in roughly 12 hours, and it could potentially knock out power grids, power sources, internet, screw up transportation services, etc.

Apparently it could be especially bad on phones in the US...?

So be careful out there everyone, and let's hope it doesn't hit as hard as it potentially could! Be prepared gorls!

The timing is impeccable too, right at the release of a new smash patch xD

Edit : I feel a little foolish, I may have misinterpreted this as happened when it may have just been a report on about it. Please do be careful gorls, but it's probably not actually happening atm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom