• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
>not seeing the blatant cpu tag over dedede
>criticizing how a cpu plays
lol

Why are you even defending Mario Circuit? The stage is trash and should never be legal on any stage list.
Even worse. A player could in theory recover and or prevent this much better.

Because people will just use this argument for other things. Case and point, the Wuhu Island incident.

Why are you completely negating Mario Circuit without giving it any consideration? It's better to broaden your viewpoint and ask questions.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
If I was a TO, this would be my stage list:
-Mario Galaxy because it has the best music in the game.
-Pac Land because lol
-Wuhu Island because it's close enough to Delfino, so therefore it should be legal always.
-Gamer because the "stage hazards are easy to dodge and you are a bad player for hitting them." (Copied from someone talking about Halberd's hazards.)
-Then copy Unova Pokemon League and Rainbow Road from the 3DS version

I should be the TO for Evo 2016, and everyone will love these new stages I chose! :secretkpop:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh my god Mario Maker supports all amiibo and amiibo cards with the exception of Mii Fighters.

I'll be able to play a Mario game with an 8-bit Greninja or Lucas

I have to get that game now.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

The Roastaluma cultists are taking over Miiverse
RUN
ROSALINA FIT TRAINER
JUST NO
GET HER OUT
LEAVE
GET ELEVATORED
WORST IDEA OF 2K15 I GIVE IT A ZELDA/10
WHY
WHAT
NO
PLEASE
WHYYYYYYYY

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mario circuit follows the exact same path along the track. If you don't know when the ceiling is coming... really? It's the ONE thing in the background to keep track of.

Hazards appear well off stage and, oh, there's a giant track in the background to tell you where the hazard is. It's more predictable than the Halberd claw.

Walls/asymmetric stage layout creates an interesting dynamic. Oh, and walk offs? Just wait it out. It's not like you don't already do that on Delfino's shine gate or pillars. Benefit: transformations last for like... 10 seconds. It's so quick.

The cave of life is temporary. Is this really worse than a cave of death (see Delfino while transforming)?

Meanwhile, salmon is S tier fish. Copper River salmon = God tier. @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , if you don't know what I'm talking about... BC fails me as an honorary part of the US' Pacific Northwest.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh my god Mario Maker supports all amiibo and amiibo cards with the exception of Mii Fighters.

I'll be able to play a Mario game with an 8-bit Greninja or Lucas

I have to get that game now.
does this mean big boy ganon jumping around?
not that I have the amiibo, it's just the thought of it was funny

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ Kofu Kofu I finally finished G+W's kill percents: http://smashboards.com/threads/kill-percents-for-all-relevant-moves.412083/

do you even come to this thread anymore lol
I've cut back on my time on Smashboards and this is my biggest time sink so. Good work however!

@ Soul. Soul. not having a Pikachu avatar how long have I been gone

And while I'm all for more legal stages I must be the only one who hates Pac-Land. I'm already iffy on scrolling stages but the aesthetic is so bad.

On the other hand Unova Pokémon League and Gamer are amazing.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
speaking of the halberd claw today on smashladder I did a claw -> footstool combo

Didn't get anything off it because lol shulk but yea

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Waifu. staph. While I don't care if this stage is legal or not you can at least come up with better arguments than simple "Oh my gosh PANIC". For one thing, why the heck did the King Dedede use such a stupid option as Up B onto the stage. Second off, teching.
Chillax gorl.

I just wanted to post a GIF that shows classic Super Jank Bros. 4 stuff, had no intention to start some heated argument about whether or not it should be legal. People can do that in the Sm4sh social thread or the CCI thread.

Is it wrong for me to victimize a lv 3 CPU and show some of the possible hazards of a stage?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Chillax gorl.

I just wanted to post a GIF that shows classic Super Jank Bros. 4 stuff, had no intention to start some heated argument about whether or not it should be legal. People can do that in the Sm4sh social thread or the CCI thread.

Is it wrong for me to victimize a lv 3 CPU and show some of the possible hazards of a stage?
Sorry Waifu. : (

Still, I am starting to get a little tired of stage talk. Hard to tell whats real or sarcastic when we've been talking about it for the last couple of days.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Mario circuit follows the exact same path along the track. If you don't know when the ceiling is coming... really? It's the ONE thing in the background to keep track of.
The stops are random and the path can change a bit to reach the stops.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Real talk why are there no smash 4 stage emotes

:distantplanet:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh yeah today I played with a Pac-Man player and I messed with him pretty badly. I stole the fruit he threw at me and kept pelting with shurikens and occasionally going at him and Z-Dropping the fruit so I could get a N-Air or something in before catching it again and keep pestering him.

It was pretty funny and it took it until I got him to 50% for him to get the fruit back because I accidentally threw it offstage. It was a cherry even, I can only wonder if what I had picked up was the bell or key.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The stops are random and the path can change a bit to reach the stops.
Stops are random, but also telegraphed because it's still the same track. It's easier to track than Skyloft. And the track is still always in view...

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Stages this game are so pretty but so jank.

I just heard about the big update. I'll pray to Hylia every hour until the patch drops.
Watch Zelda get a .5% Utilt buff

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
My expert predicions:
Ike will be buffed even further.
Diddy's Uair will be nerfed to be smaller than launch MK's Nair.
Zeda gets more real buffs. A single frame from Phantom's end lag removed.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Zelda will have some buffs in the update. Whether or not it's going to be significant remains to be seen.

Super exited for both updates for Smash and Splatoon even though I don't have either of them to play currently.

As for stages, Smash 4 has already a lot of neutral stages. I highly doubt stage legality is going to change in a big way any time soon. However, my local never actually uses rulesets regarding stages from EVO or APEX. Over here, we mainly play on the FD variants and Battlefield. Smashville never gets picked over here.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I feel like patching the game and ruining my replays alongside bringing in the video uploader will be a brilliant troll move.

I've been patiently waiting to upload some awesome replays I have but they may not exist after Friday.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cancer back throw just killed me at 50%.
Well... Uh... Don't use Ness. Please.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and played a little bit more of Shuffle (Now got past Larvesta and onto Poochyena.)
And I definitely need to motivate myself to finish that VGC team. :V

I cannot stop listening to Don't Worry by Hiroyuki Sawano. D:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Waifu. staph. While I don't care if this stage is legal or not you can at least come up with better arguments than simple "Oh my gosh PANIC". For one thing, why the heck did the King Dedede use such a stupid option as Up B onto the stage. Second off, teching.

eSports can stop getting involved where it doesn't belong like stage rules. I care more about the competitive balance. The fact of the matter. More characters benefit from a large diverse stage list. A small list really hurts a decent chunk of characters as shown with how stages were banned in brawl to help stop Meta Knight, which instead made him better and even gave rise to Ice Climbers.

Same thing kinda here, where these static stages just give rise to Sheik even more.

As for that video of Ganondorf v Peach, the Ganondorf player could've stage strike.

Lastly, going back to eSports, they will watch things anyway.

Truely Lastly, in a perfect world, both Skyloft and Wuhu are legal. I'm still more in favor of wuhu. It's much simpler to understand, and you don't have to justify the stage hitting you.
If the set was Bo5 then no the Ganon could not ban the stage

And if you already didn't know, Sheik loves walkoffs #fairstrings4lyfe
But she is amazing on every stage so it doesn't matter too much

And competitive balance is a good thing to strive for, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't get there. Just look at Muhley it's unbalanced as **** & it's doing really well atm

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
If the set was Bo5 then no the Ganon could not ban the stage

And if you already didn't know, Sheik loves walkoffs #fairstrings4lyfe
But she is amazing on every stage so it doesn't matter too much

And competitive balance is a good thing to strive for, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't get there. Just look at Muhley it's unbalanced as **** & it's doing really well atm
muhley us 2 seconds from 20xx, its easy to be
balanced when you only have one character to play as. Its more balanced than dive kick lol. :secretkpop:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
what can you actually do to make :4zelda: decent without violate her ffa/doubles oriented design? i'm curious.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
what can you actually do to make :4zelda: decent without violate her ffa/doubles oriented design? i'm curious.
They only a few things

Giving her an approach or a move that can force an approach

Making Phantom chargable

Removing the Deadzone on Ftilt

and Some frame data/Landing Lag buffs

Top Bottom