• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
When we meet again at tournament, let's practice for doubles
Wait, you go to that tournament? I haven't seen any other Zeldas there. Unless you were using a different character?
If there is money involved...

Lol the payout isn't even that good really imo. 5th gets you $10 and you have to pay $8 total to enter (including the venue fee). And that's only if enough people come.

It's more of a fun thing to do for me but winning money is always nice...

EDIT: Wait..unless you're the other Zelda player someone told me about...

ParanoiaEdit: I feel like I'm being trolled tbh help

Last edited:

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
Wait, you go to that tournament? I haven't seen any other Zeldas there. Unless you were using a different character?
Because I'm busy praying for buffs.lol
Lol the payout isn't even that good really imo. 5th gets you $10 and you have to pay $8 total to enter (including the venue fee). And that's only if enough people come.

It's more of a fun thing to do for me but winning money is always nice...

EDIT: Wait..unless you're the other Zelda player someone told me about...

ParanoiaEdit: I feel like I'm being trolled tbh help

Rizen

Smash Legend
Delfino isn't bad. It just has a low ceiling on 2 phases (iirc). Castle Siege is weird but has nothing ban worthy. Halberd always has a low ceiling, weird ledge that can trap recoveries and 2 stage hazards, imo it's worse that the others. Mario Circuit MK8 has random cieling, wall and floor hazards.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Darktundra Darktundra I'm not gonna quote your post because it looked broken, lol.

So I was just being oblivious to the joke...I'm just going to go sit somewhere quietly now.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
legalize japan imo

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town and City
Omega stages

EZ

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
but duck hunt is life and deserves to be legal

delfino,castle siege, and halberd need to go, though

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don't like DH because of the constant zoomed out look. Kinda like Warioware on the 3DS before they patched it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Little Mac on Duck Hunt is sadder than watching Clannad's "moments". On another note, if the Zelda Social ever makes a sequel combo video, this song should be included: Wallflower by Divalola. For some reason, the song sort of describes Zelda at times, but I wanted to use it for the goofiest moments such as if I ever submit my "highlights" if and when I get a Wii U.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm starting to get a bit iffy on DH =/

At least if we ever do get rid of it we have 6 stages minimum & that's fine

Until we get a hazard switch for PS2 & Wily's Castle of course

Last edited:

Soul.

We're never getting a hazard switch, man; Smash would turn into PSASBR!
... was that even a great game

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
IMO viability rankings

Smashville > Battlefield > FD > Miiverse > Dreamland 64 > Omegas > T&C > Lylat > Duck Hunt > Castle Siege > Delfino > Halberd

Norfair, PS2, Wily's, and Pyrosphere are all great once hazards are off (maybe Pyrosphere only for doubles)

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
legalize japan imo

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

CP
Town and City
Omega stages

No bans

EZ
Yes. I'm on board. Either this or legalize stages that are as good (better) than the worst stages that are legal. Just have consistency smash community. Is that too much to ask?:secretkpop:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think Big Battlefield should be legal so I can use Sonic's whole toolkit.

And by that I mean, so I can spam taunts.

Soul.

add dreamland as counterpick because why the **** not
lylat too, but it was a starter in brawl so....

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
We're never getting a hazard switch, man; Smash would turn into PSASBR!
... was that even a great game
Surprisingly yeah. I mean, it's no smash bros. But it was fun for what it was! It's Roster was awful though. Like was that all they could really scrounge up from the play station? I liked it though. spike was the best. And also apparently Top tier or something IDK.

I didn't even know who he was, I had never played Ape escape before.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
add dreamland as counterpick because why the **** not
lylat too, but it was a starter in brawl so....
I think that stagelist was from before DL64

and japan does not care about precedents

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So why do some people consider this a fair stage again?
THIS IS REALLY F-ING STUPID
Waifu. staph. While I don't care if this stage is legal or not you can at least come up with better arguments than simple "Oh my gosh PANIC". For one thing, why the heck did the King Dedede use such a stupid option as Up B onto the stage. Second off, teching.
melee has 6 stages and is still widely successful, but to follow up on things. Variety in stagelist might sound good, but even too many legal stages could be problematic to the viewership. Wuhu has a rather iffy list of transformations some of them stopping play altogether, so I'm going to say it one more time, skyloft is a better choice.

kongo just kinda has a bad rep
Warning old melee:
eSports can stop getting involved where it doesn't belong like stage rules. I care more about the competitive balance. The fact of the matter. More characters benefit from a large diverse stage list. A small list really hurts a decent chunk of characters as shown with how stages were banned in brawl to help stop Meta Knight, which instead made him better and even gave rise to Ice Climbers.

Same thing kinda here, where these static stages just give rise to Sheik even more.

As for that video of Ganondorf v Peach, the Ganondorf player could've stage strike.

Lastly, going back to eSports, they will watch things anyway.

Truely Lastly, in a perfect world, both Skyloft and Wuhu are legal. I'm still more in favor of wuhu. It's much simpler to understand, and you don't have to justify the stage hitting you.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL my objections to MK8 Mario Circuit are that the transformations are random. You can be in the air and randomly get ceiling spike down to the lower blast zone. Similarly a hazard can appear on the right or left and launch you at a low angle. It's not something you can predict and tech. It's also very easy to get trapped under the main platform (unlike Delfino) and its size and shape can randomly change. The Karts aren't too bad but they add another hazard.
/my 2 cents

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
This is what would happen if MC was legal.

- Usmashes for the KO
- Ceiling saves them, they tech
- They end up winning because lolrage
- Salt intensifies

You shouldn't be saved from being KOd by a random ceiling or wall. You should be dead.

EDIT: Not to mention the transformations either have walkoffs or giant walls you can tech over and over again.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think Palutena's Temple should be legal so I can use Sonic's whole toolkit.

And by that I mean, so I can spam taunts.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL my objections to MK8 Mario Circuit are that the transformations are random. You can be in the air and randomly get ceiling spike down to the lower blast zone. Similarly a hazard can appear on the right or left and launch you at a low angle. It's not something you can predict and tech. It's also very easy to get trapped under the main platform (unlike Delfino) and its size and shape can randomly change. The Karts aren't too bad but they add another hazard.
/my 2 cents
I'm the wrong person to be talking to about this. Like I said, I don't care if it is legal or not, I just don't like bad arguments. The same reasoning that Waifu posted was the same reasoning that got Wuhu unfairly banned even more so than it already was. Posting something that looks serious instead of stopping to think if it actually is serious.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
For one thing, why the heck did the King Dedede use such a stupid option as Up B onto the stage. Second off, teching.
>not seeing the blatant cpu tag over dedede
>criticizing how a cpu plays
lol

also
>defending mario circuit

Last edited:
Top Bottom