• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Since I was just about to sleep last night I wasn't able to express all my details I had in mind haha

Wuhu is definitely a great stage. In terms of fairness overall, I still think it's better than Delfino. The transformations are weird in some parts like the bridge and the volcano pit; those are kind of jank but manageable. Just that most transformations and even the main moving platform is REALLY big at times. A lot of the times because of the stage characters simply cannot approach and that severely extends the match. I'm a little on the fence on its viability competitively, so I might just need to play on it a bit more.

Thinking about it more, KJ is most definitely the most viable of the counterpick stages IMO after the big 7 (BF, FD, SV, D64, TC, Lylat, DH). It does favour circle camping a lot as @evmaxy54 said, and those with ground mobility and/or zoning capabilities are a bit hampered, but I don't think it's that bad of a stage. Just that a lot of people will probably avoid the stage during tourneys haha

One thing I'm shocked about is the fact a lot of Brawl stages are legal now just because they were okay in Brawl. I think that Delfino, Halberd and CS have turned into unviable stages, and our sm4sh ruleset seems like it still wants to copy from Brawl despite being two different games. CS's best part is arguably the first transformation. The second one is REALLY bad because of how big it is, and how the statues can lead up to projectile blocking and extra hit boxes to people's attacks. The walkoff area is the icing to the cake of making this stage bad. I've seen players in my locals lose on that stage even though they were clearly winning because of the walkoff. The 3rd transformation is really bad despite being a "FD" clone. It almost as if the stage tilts more than Lylat and it's actually really hard to approach characters despite being a "flat" stage. I know this stage very well from my times playing Brawl, but Sm4sh made it into a stage that IMO is no longer fair anymore.

Sorry for the essay gorls ; w ;

PS one day gorls play me on Woolly World it's a fun stage for being a clear tourney unviable stage~

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Nah. Excusing all the silly things that can kill you for not understanding the stage, Castle Siege is the most fair in terms of character match-ups. All three phases provide something for everyone.
Phase 1: Basic stage with platforms.
Phase 2: Open stage with statues to lower projectile camping by quite a bit.
Phase 3: Final Destination like stage.

All lasting a decent amount of time without giving anyone who benefits from either phase a dominating advantage.

It has a lot of potential if people actually took the time to learn the stage.
Castle Seige is the devil for villager
the uneven flooring on the first phase makes it impossible for villager to sling shot should she be in the right side
the second stage is evil in carnate. huge stage for fast characters to run a way from statues that block slingshots and lloyds walk offs that villager can't abuse
the third stage is final destination which is already a less than likable stage for villager and add bs tilting aka whoops you can't zone cuz the stage is too high have fun getting exposed by fast characters :D

D

Deleted member

Anyone feel like playing?

I'm kinda in that mood where I wanna beat things up, haha.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Castle Seige is the devil for villager
the uneven flooring on the first phase makes it impossible for villager to sling shot should she be in the right side
the second stage is evil in carnate. huge stage for fast characters to run a way from statues that block slingshots and lloyds walk offs that villager can't abuse
the third stage is final destination which is already a less than likable stage for villager and add bs tilting aka whoops you can't zone cuz the stage is too high have fun getting exposed by fast characters :D
Note to self: always take Villager to CS.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
It has come to my attention that I should probably unlock the Duck Hunt stage before going on Anthers.

How do you do that?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw girls. Quick question.

What would you say are your favourite songs from the entire Mario & Luigi series?

Mine have to be...

From the sounds of things. Puff has a very bad time against Greninja.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Btw girls. Quick question.

What would you say are your favourite songs from the entire Mario & Luigi series?

Mine have to be...

You already posted all the good ones so I'm going to cheat and post a remix.

D

Deleted member

Ggs Dan, I need to stop now.

Dat Peach tho. I'm so glad Greninja's Up-Tilt exists.
GGs! Your Greninja did very bad things to my Jigglypuff. I'm glad my Peach had a better time than Jiggs did. cx

That MU is definitely not in her favor LOL.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
GGs! Your Greninja did very bad things to my Jigglypuff. I'm glad my Peach had a better time than Jiggs did. cx

That MU is definitely not in her favor LOL.
Floating really messes me up lol. Especially because throwing shurikens from a short hop is really hard with lag.

Up-Tilt is magic though, so much hitstun~

And yeah Jigglypuff is easily Greninja's best MU, poor thing just doesn't have an answer to him

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
No, ban it everytime. That stage is horrid
Here are some experiences I've had to back this up:
  • I had the lead, everything was going well, I was about to go for a punish when suddenly the dog casually popped up out of nowhere, and I was lifted away from my opponent. This actually happens all the time.
  • My opponent hides behind a piece of grass as I'm recovering. I land safely to find that they have shot a projectile from behind it which hits me. Oops.
  • The fact that a duck flying around in the background can take the hit of a projectile and undo it.
  • Accidentally landing on the shrub or in the tree because you can't see the exact platform placement.
I love the stage's design (the appearance, not layout and whatnot) and sometimes pick it as a joke/for fun, but it's not always your best choice. Also, I don't have that much faith in Anther's either just based on some of the people I've met on there and the trouble of friending someone to fight them once or twice and never interacting with them again and having to delete them. I do appreciate it for giving us a ranking system and finding people to play against that aren't on FG, but for the most part, eh. It's whatever.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
No, ban it everytime. That stage is horrid
Hey EXCUSEME Duck Hunt is a great stage
You play peach you should love it, parasol ohkos from the top of the left tree
It has come to my attention that I should probably unlock the Duck Hunt stage before going on Anthers.

How do you do that?
You can just pick random and hope they have it. Online, random basically acts as "opponents can choose"

Top Bottom