• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Macchiato is kidding, I think!

Zelda is technically worse than in Brawl but I feel she performs better given the environment. It helps that everyone (besides the heavies and Zelda) had damage nerfs across the board.

Don't get me wrong though, like Samus, Zelda is a character that should have only been buffed. Her nerfed Brawl moves would hardly had made her too strong in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Macchiato is kidding, I think!

Zelda is technically worse than in Brawl but I feel she performs better given the environment. It helps that everyone (besides the heavies and Zelda) had damage nerfs across the board.

Don't get me wrong though, like Samus, Zelda is a character that should have only been buffed. Her nerfed Brawl moves would hardly had made her too strong in Smash 4.
I do not think Zelda performs better at all, because all of the characters who got damage nerfs got insane combo ability. Zelda does not get that much combo ability, nor can she KO easily anymore. All ton of her moves got knockback and damage nerfs... We are to the point where Zelda seems a ton worse than the rest of the cast. She has some of the worst matchups against the high tiered characters(Ganondorf has some options against all of them, except for Sheik), and she gets easily bodied. Almost all of her combos come for D-Throw and those are longshots to people that know the MU. Almost every character got a ton of buffs in some way from Brawl, and all Zelda got were tons of nerfs, and a single buff. She simply has a terrible time competing

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I do not think Zelda performs better at all, because all of the characters who got damage nerfs got insane combo ability. Zelda does not get that much combo ability, nor can she KO easily anymore. All ton of her moves got knockback and damage nerfs... We are to the point where Zelda seems a ton worse than the rest of the cast. She has some of the worst matchups against the high tiered characters(Ganondorf has some options against all of them, except for Sheik), and she gets easily bodied. Almost all of her combos come for D-Throw and those are longshots to people that know the MU. Almost every character got a ton of buffs in some way from Brawl, and all Zelda got were tons of nerfs, and a single buff. She simply has a terrible time competing
She's technically nerfed but due to mechanics she buffed. Her jumping offstage was refered to as suicide in brawl, with these new edge mechanics people now think she has one of the better offstage game. Air dodging into the grounds extra lag also helps zelda since that can help her punish more easily, I think the mechanics and the elevator are the think that makes her not bottom tier.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
She's technically nerfed but due to mechanics she buffed. Her jumping offstage was refered to as suicide in brawl, with these new edge mechanics people now think she has one of the better offstage game. Air dodging into the grounds extra lag also helps zelda since that can help her punish more easily, I think the mechanics and the elevator are the think that makes her not bottom tier.
You are forgetting that those are all buffs every character gets.

Farorae

Smash Ace
I would be satisfied if we got brawl uair and utilt along with Melee Lightning kicks. Although she probably needs more than that I would be content with that.
Edit: also phantom that holds charge pleaseeee!

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Actually some characters get nerfed from the ledge mechanics like jigglypuff

The landing lag helps zelda more than others
Jigglypuff has had other buffs to compensate for that however. Also yes the landing lag helps Zelda a little bit, but the fact that if your move whiffs, you will get punished even harder. You certainly cannot punish with Fsmash for fear of punishment. The heavyweights, and fast characters helps them more so than it does Zelda.You are also forgetting that Zelda can barely do anything against the high tiered characters, and has no reliable options against many of them. Ganondorf does have options against most of them, such as Nair. Zelda has no such pleasure, and if you think otherwise than you are a fool.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Jigglypuff has had other buffs to compensate for that however. Also yes the landing lag helps Zelda a little bit, but the fact that if your move whiffs, you will get punished even harder. You certainly cannot punish with Fsmash for fear of punishment. The heavyweights, and fast characters helps them more so than it does Zelda.You are also forgetting that Zelda can barely do anything against the high tiered characters, and has no reliable options against many of them. Ganondorf does have options against most of them, such as Nair. Zelda has no such pleasure, and if you think otherwise than you are a fool.
Yes I will admit that zelda doesn't do well against the top tiers except rosalina. I honestly think it's 50:50 or zelda slightly have a advantage. She can compete with the high tiers but the MUs are probably not gonna be in her favor. She might do well against high tiers like mega man, villager, and bowser, but against fast characters. She doesn't do well.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I don't know if she escaped bottom tier (I think Zelda is still bottom 5)
But I mean, Brawl Zelda felt absolutely helpless so often. Granted, fighting a good Sheik as SSB4 Zelda is the same.

But when I land a hit, I can now followup and that helps. Every hit by Zelda hurts (except Jab, Utilt, and Dtilt lol) so we don't need as much combo ability as others. What I think Zelda does need is a much better Din's Fire, storeable Phantom, working smashes, and no blindspot on Ftilt. This is at the very least.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't know if she escaped bottom tier (I think Zelda is still bottom 5)
But I mean, Brawl Zelda felt absolutely helpless so often. Granted, fighting a good Sheik as SSB4 Zelda is the same.

But when I land a hit, I can now followup and that helps. Every hit by Zelda hurts (except Jab, Utilt, and Dtilt lol) so we don't need as much combo ability as others. What I think Zelda does need is a much better Din's Fire, chargeable Phantom, working smashes, and no blindspot on Ftilt. This is at the very least.
I still think she's the lower part of mid

Honestly to me just having a tool that kills at like 50% helps her a lot.

She needs her brawl self plus her sm4sh Farore's and a chargeable phantom. That would make me so much more happy.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm just gonna say that this is incredibly sexy. Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax X SSB4.

DAT ZELDA IN THE YUKIKO POSE THOUGH. <33333333

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Latte & Macchiato I know the feel. I have an exam on Thursday & I just can't get myself to revise for it ;_;

Relevant

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
guys stop ragging on utilt so much. I wish it still killed too but its now antiair/antiroll/combo so its not a bad trade off.

I still miss brawl Zelda very much though.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
why is it taking so long to announce dlc for smash. I am so curious if the characters will get more skins.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
why is it taking so long to announce dlc for smash. I am so curious if the characters will get more skins.
Nintendo logic.

The Majora's Mask DLC comes out in January and we still have almost no infos on it.
Or simply Majora's Mask announcement.

I hope for more skins. There's ton of potential, even if not all characters needs alt costumes (except if you are a fan of Penguin Mario).
But Shulk or ZSS proved that it's not Wario / Little Mac scenario now, so we won't get 8 penguin Mario.

Matsushi

True Blood
Hi guys! So I've been stalking watching this Social for a while now so I thought it was about time to say hello. I was gonna do so a while back but I kinda just:

So yeah, hi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Nintendo logic.

The Majora's Mask DLC comes out in January and we still have almost no infos on it.
Or simply Majora's Mask announcement.

I hope for more skins. There's ton of potential, even if not all characters needs alt costumes (except if you are a fan of Penguin Mario).
But Shulk or ZSS proved that it's not Wario / Little Mac scenario now, so we won't get 8 penguin Mario.
I hope that is the case. I wish they would make a statement. So far the only dlc they announced was Mew Two. I wonder if he was even suppose to be DLC for the game or they heard the crys of mew two fans when he was not announced. (I just want to see if Princess Hilda makes it as a skin along with OOT Zelda and Hyrule Warriors Zelda. The best things comes in 3s)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That's cool and all, but are you still gonna use Bowser/Mopcina from time to time?

I picked up Sonic and I'm having fun with him. Ness was suppose to be my last-ditch effort but his recovery was a pain to get used to. Shulk/Luigi/Sonic for me
Yes, still using Bowser/Marth/Mopcina. Bowser is still my best character atm lol

Latte

Smash Ace
Hi guys! So I've been stalking watching this Social for a while now so I thought it was about time to say hello. I was gonna do so a while back but I kinda just:

So yeah, hi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Welcome to the most fab social on SB. Everyone with sass is welcome.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So yeah, hi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MATSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU OMG HAIIIIIIIIIIIIII! ^O^

D

Deleted member

Dat sass. Thanks for the warm welcome! You all seem hella rad.
And omg, that face. I see what you did thur.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. HAI DAN! :D
DUDE MATSU WHY DIDN'T YOU JOIN EARLIER? O-O GURLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ME AND TWI JOINED HERE NOT TOO LONG AGO. YOU SHOULD HAVE JOINED AT THE SAME TIME AS US .-.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So today I went to the pharmacy to pick up my anti-depressants for the concussion. A girl, probably 23, was working the counter for some reason. So I ordered my prescription and went to shop a little(Buy one get one free doritos, oh yeah!) and came back. I picked up my prescription, and I came home. I looked into the bag with my prescriptions and it said
Here's my number
Call me <3
WTF?! I am probably like 4-5 years younger than her, and I don't recall picking up anti-depressants making you the sexiest man alive....
*Heavy Sigh*

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So today I went to the pharmacy to pick up my anti-depressants for the concussion. A girl, probably 23, was working the counter for some reason. So I ordered my prescription and went to shop a little(Buy one get one free doritos, oh yeah!) and came back. I picked up my prescription, and I came home. I looked into the bag with my prescriptions and it said

WTF?! I am probably like 4-5 years younger than her, and I don't recall picking up anti-depressants making you the sexiest man alive....
*Heavy Sigh*
Ooo bait

Matsushi

True Blood
DUDE MATSU WHY DIDN'T YOU JOIN EARLIER? O-O GURLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ME AND TWI JOINED HERE NOT TOO LONG AGO. YOU SHOULD HAVE JOINED AT THE SAME TIME AS US .-.
I'm sowee! I was gonna join but 'cos I'm a wuss, I kinda hesitated. Welp, I'm here now. :D

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
My best results are with Zelda still, even after all my Olimar, Toon Link, and Palutena attempts =(

I almost want to prepare to jump ship should Zelda go on without buffs (or worse, Elevator gets nerfed).

D

Deleted member

I'm not even that great looking either. I look younger than I actually am, I still have a little bit of acne, I am short, I wear glasses. The most you could say about me is that I am cute.....
Its okay :p That description is me exactly. I'm also short and have glasses cx. WE CAN BE TWIN BUDDIES! ^-^

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I hope that is the case. I wish they would make a statement. So far the only dlc they announced was Mew Two. I wonder if he was even suppose to be DLC for the game or they heard the crys of mew two fans when he was not announced. (I just want to see if Princess Hilda makes it as a skin along with OOT Zelda and Hyrule Warriors Zelda. The best things comes in 3s)
In the case of Mewtwo, I guess he wasn't planned as DLC, but Sakurai said importing datas from Melee was hard. So I guess I was remade complete, unlike other veterans. Dr Mario doesn't count, he is a clone :troll:

I just want some alt costumes for Zelda and Ganondorf, honestly.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If they give me skyward sword zelda I will be so happy. I'm still hoping for agitha for DLC lol.
I actually was expecting a SS costume, considering it was the last Zelda game.

Agitha would be so cool. JUST to make people rage being beating by a bug enthusiast loli. (and I love Agitha in HW, by the way).

Top Bottom