• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
No but she's annoying as **** to fight :p.

Also, I honestly don't know why people are saying Ness is so powerful this time around. His recovery is as bad as always. I'm pretty sure he'll slowly drop to the lower part of the tier list. Maybe not low LOW but yeah, def not high.

Spirst

**** Yoshi, stupid dinosaur
**** Sonic, stupid cancerous hedgehog
**** Rosalina, stupid emo space chick. Nobody cares about your sob story
**** Duck Hunt, stupid dog (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvs7rKOVBFU)
**** Diddy Kong, stupid dthrow machine

Probably missed a few so you guys can look at the rest of the top tiers so we can whine some more. Also, I had to add DH to there just to include the video.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Huh? Why Rosalina? She doesn't seem nearly as brain dead as Diddy
Hitboxes that have waaay to much disjoint/priority (not sure which but it's THERE), rollrollroll, Luma, annoying as hell to fight. I think the rolls and hitboxes annoy me the most.

I hate this character. Although I don't think Zelda does too bad against her. Killing Luma is super easy with a simple dash attack, and Din's hurts Luma. She also dies to a rage (around 120%) Elevator at 55%. :) Also annoying to fight because lolFGdodgespam and lolfloatiness.
:shaker:

Last edited:

Spirst

Please don't hurt Sonic. He's my back up/surprise butt bomb/last ditch effort
I do have a distaste for Sonic though. Funny enough, I was a huge Sonic fan when I was younger but Sonic games suck now and his voice is mediocre.

The issue I take with Sonic is that the time usually runs out due to his ground speed/weaving ability and having to play his way. His speed pretty much bypasses the usage of clay pigeons and Can setups and attempting to do so will usually result in a dash grab or pivot grab>bthrow. I find the character to be extremely tedious to face regardless of who I use and generally, it's just not fun having to whittle him down slowly. Also, the spindash stuff can get pretty ridiculous with the risk-reward being pretty advantageous for him.

As for Rosalina, I don't hate her but I do find her to have a low skill floor contrary to what people seem to say. Luma management really isn't all that hard and it doesn't take much thought to incorporate her braindead aerials like the nair into your game considering they're all pretty safe. She has good disjoints, Luma can attack while Rosalina is in hitstun (just why), and unless it's an aggressive Rosalina, things can get pretty slow going in and out due to Luma. I do think she's a bit overrated though. One of the funniest things to me is how in the Misimpressions thread Character Competitive Impressions thread, people seem to have thought that her gravitational pull heavily skew MUs vs projectile characters like DH or MM in her favor. It's a decent move but it's not THAT good. Down B>projectile characters is an incredibly narrow-minded mindset to have.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Please don't hurt Sonic. He's my back up/surprise butt bomb/last ditch effort

Edit: WOW, Butt *** is not censored
Sonic is the worst thing that has happened to the world of videogames. EVER.

Like, Gamergate level.

Edit: I'm not talking particularly in Smash, I just ****ing hate the little piece of s**** for being so goddamn lame. He's the epithome of "Trying too hard."

Last edited:

Like, Gamergate level.
No no no. You got it all wrong

Silver the Hedgehog was the worst thing the happened to the world of video games. He's the new face that came from Sonic 06 which from what I know, is the game that pretty much ruined Sonic's reputation for a while.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Like, Gamergate level.

Edit: I'm not talking particularly in Smash, I just ****ing hate the little piece of s**** for being so goddamn lame. He's the epithome of "Trying too hard."
Did he cause the crash of the Western game market? No, so this still is

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
**** Lucario, it isn't fun dying in 2~3 hits after outplaying him the first 100%
**** Sheik, ***** just presses buttons at shields and gets away with it for free

I think that covers it

One of the funniest things to me is how in the Misimpressions thread Character Competitive Impressions thread, people seem to have thought that her gravitational pull heavily skew MUs vs projectile characters like DH or MM in her favor. It's a decent move but it's not THAT good. Down B>projectile characters is an incredibly narrow-minded mindset to have.
I never understood this thought process. Okay, sure, she can neutralize projectiles, but she's not putting out any sort of offensive presence while doing it and it's not like there's no commit time to GP, so ???

If there's anything notable about her versus projectiles, it's the fact that Luma can meatshield certain ones while Rosalina approaches.

Also, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were really good. Not Sonic Adventure good but like 8.5/10 good. Chris Redfield as Sonic is never getting out of my head. Sonic boom is great LP material
**** Sheik, ***** just presses buttons at shields and gets away with it for free
**** Sheik. Just look at her frame data

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Sakurai had to buff her after the massive loss of Zelda no longer being available. Her new D special is 10 times better then her old one was *sob*

edit: forgot to add

Last edited:

Spirst

I'm ashamed I forgot Sheik. Sheik is a huge pain in the ass and is even safer than Rosalina. Yeah, **** Sheik.

I never understood this thought process. Okay, sure, she can neutralize projectiles, but she's not putting out any sort of offensive presence while doing it and it's not like there's no commit time to GP, so ???

If there's anything notable about her versus projectiles, it's the fact that Luma can meatshield certain ones while Rosalina approaches.
I never understood it either. Even something like Fox would make more sense considering the reflective properties (though still not a valid argument to skew it in his favor just because of that) but Rosalina? That's just dumb. Within range, I believe the absorbed projectile still has a hitbox (though a negative multiplier I think?) but come on, when is that situation really going to be a thing? People oversimplify things to the point of ridiculousness. Also, I swear, if I hear something like, "o hes relly good at footsies in neutral ppl are sleeping on ____" for the millionth time, I will lose it.

Hell, I wish Greninja's nair hit on frame 11.
Sad part is, that's our main approach.

Last edited:

Spirst

At least you have one compared to zelda
If in a local tourney setting (though why would you be using Zelda lol), use Farore's Wind and smack the controller out of their hand so they can't shield.

Really though, Zelda's a great character with a lot of approach options.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
I bought a lot of art supplies today

..Now to put them in my art drawer and never use them.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was screwing around with Zelda in training and I have come to the conclusion that opponents falling out of fsmash is an intended feature to allow you to style on them if they miss the tech.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think Roll Glory is getting worse.
6 spammers in a row AT 5 AM. This is when all the good players are supposed to be out...

Maybe the Brawl Waiting Room menu music is cursing me because lolBrawlWiFi

EDIT: Seriously? A Pac Man that did nothing. No inputs except for 2 rolls. And they weren't even away.

Last edited:

Spirst

I think Roll Glory is getting worse.
6 spammers in a row AT 5 AM. This is when all the good players are supposed to be out...

Maybe the Brawl Waiting Room menu music is cursing me because lolBrawlWiFi
The other night, I was up at around 5 AM and had the game idle but hadn't touched it in about an hour and a half. Before heading to sleep, I decided I would do one game of For Glory to end the night. Starting up, I expected to find a decent game but instead, ended up finding a WiFi Link who started the game with the typical boomerang>arrow>roll. I turned the game off a few seconds after that and didn't bother finishing.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I went on For Glory just now to see if it was really that bad and got a Doc with like a full second of input lag.

That wasn't worth it.

Oh hey I'm at 1800 matches now, woo.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ah, Roll Laggy. Yesterday was really bad. Is it because it's the weekend?

Also, Robin is the most cowardly character in the game.
Roll Glory Robin are mostly coward. Like, Link level. Backroll > Charge thoron (ArcThunder is better by the way). As a Robin player, I'm more close range, although I don't hesitate to charge ArcThunder if I send a opponent away.

By the way, my hatelist is:

Roll and Charge: :4link::4tlink::4samus::4robinm::4lucario:, sometimes :rosalina:. :4wiifit: is non existent in this mode.
Let's spam one efficient move: :4littlemac::4lucario::4duckhunt::4megaman::4sonic::4villager:
I only know Z: :4megaman::4zss::4greninja::4falcon::4ness::4diddy::4mario:
I'll just jump everywhere: :4kirby::4jigglypuff:
There's attacks on the ground too? :4shulk::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4marth::4megaman::4yoshi:

My playstyle is awful: :4zelda: (seriously Roll glory people. Stop trying to use Zelda if you never used her before.)

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Ah, Roll Laggy. Yesterday was really bad. Is it because it's the weekend?

Roll Glory Robin are mostly coward. Like, Link level. Backroll > Charge thoron (ArcThunder is better by the way). As a Robin player, I'm more close range, although I don't hesitate to charge ArcThunder if I send a opponent away.

By the way, my hatelist is:

Roll and Charge: :4link::4tlink::4samus::4robinm::4lucario:, sometimes :rosalina:. :4wiifit: is non existent in this mode.
Let's spam one efficient move: :4littlemac::4lucario::4duckhunt::4megaman::4sonic::4villager:
I only know Z: :4megaman::4zss::4greninja::4falcon::4ness::4diddy::4mario:
I'll just jump everywhere: :4kirby::4jigglypuff:
There's attacks on the ground too? :4shulk::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4marth::4megaman::4yoshi:
My playstyle is awful:
:4zelda: (seriously Roll glory people. Stop trying to use Zelda if you never used her before.)
Same <3

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Hahahahahahahhaa, yeah I was like "k bro."

I thank Quetzalcoatl for the joyous place that is the Zelda social. Truth is I hadn't posted in a forum for YEARS before being a regular here!

-----

Also, a little something I wanted to share with you guys. It's a very old, yet beautiful song by Tom Waits. It's got some of the most powerful lyrics I've heard, touching upon the subject of death and how it often sneaks up on us without leaving us time to, well, love. Give it a listen if you want!

That song is purdy ;_;

I play Sheik nao

#aerialsunder6frames #bouncingfishisbalanced #ftiltftiltftiltfair
That's cool and all, but are you still gonna use Bowser/Mopcina from time to time?

I picked up Sonic and I'm having fun with him. Ness was suppose to be my last-ditch effort but his recovery was a pain to get used to. Shulk/Luigi/Sonic for me

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think Zelda isn't balanced because Sakurai and his Wife were having kinky fun time at work, and they eventually ending up doing it on the computer with the balancing inputs of Zelda in. Sakurai then refuses to change it because it was a reminder of that night.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Rosalina is fun to fight, Rollarina is not. Although Zelda at least when it came to the Rollarina I fought yesterday actually does well if you just fidget outside of her galaxy space.

rosies GP on ness though is so sad, it just sucks his recovery out of his brain lol. But then I remember Ness Fair us dumb and I stop feeling bad.

also no cowardly playstyle is worse than Rollycario. Nothing is worse than winning and then you die to a random move because he's supercharged from you beating him up.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Girls I regret speaking bad about our weakened Uair.
Yes it is weaker than our ridiculous Brawl one, but I've landed Dthrow > Uair for the KO sooo many times (it works especially well against Marth!) that I don't even care. At least now we can actually land Uair sometimes!

I'm still in shock that Zelda has a reliable kill off grabs.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I've also noticed that fair and bair is better imo. In brawl it would stale since zelda used it a lot for pressure and now since you can't, it's usually fresh.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I've also noticed that fair and bair is better imo. In brawl it would stale since zelda used it a lot for pressure and now since you can't, it's usually fresh.
So.... Let me get this straight, you think it's better.... Because it is worse....
That is really backwards logic. That's like saying Smash 4 Ganondorfs Dair is better than Brawls because you can't autocancel it. You don't use it as often, so it's usually fresh!

I guess that means Zelda is better in Smash 4 by that logic since she's worse in this game

Idk when to pull out Zelda. Even with the MU inexperience, I still have this feeling that I'm going to get bodied if I don't get my lightning aerials and elevators correctly >_>

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Pretty much
But that's so stupid! With Brawl Zelda, you didn't have to always be using Lightning Kicks, and it didn't have to be staled! With Smash 4 you have no choice, and it's a pretty unusable move now in most situations. Really, that is really stupid to think that a nerf makes the move better. With Brawl Zelda you could hold back on the lightning kick, and Brawl Zelda still has more options than Smash 4 Zelda!

Top Bottom