• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
tbh when I saw there was a player named Mocha in EVO top 32 I thought of our Mocha

then realized sonic

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You'd think the best players in the game would ban SV against the best character in the game. Sheiks will continue to steamroll so long as SV isn't banned.

Then she'll get nerfed due to all the complaints. Then Rosalina will be next in line, you pick Halberd against her all the time, complaints about dying early, she gets nerfed <---Sm4sh cycle.

SF community stay based.
And my goal shall be to take people to horrible stages that nobody wants to play on i.e. Duck Hunt, Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Dreamland, Miiverse, Battlefield, and Final Destination. Oh, you want to play on T&C? How about Castle Siege instead? Smashville? Nah, the 64 classic of Dreamland is better. You don't like dying early? Oops, you forgot to ban Delfino and Halberd, so let's have fun on Halberd. :p

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I still haven't seen any Zeldas at my tourney :c.

Heck most of the people there don't know her at all. Someone asked me if Din's was her downB...and others didn't know the Elevator existed. I even got a Phantom KO on someone recovering. They said they didn't know what that move did.
Everyone was amazed by my Zelda in the two tournaments I've been to for this game. Even when the crowd was cheering for the other person, I did hear them "whoa" at some of the things I did. They were like "I've never fought a good Zelda before," and no one really knew how to counter her. Sadly, both of these tournaments were me losing to top tiers. The first one was Pre-Patch Diddy, and the second one was a doubles that I lost to a competent Sheik and Yoshi team. Gotta love those matchups.

Soul.

So basically... each custom set for every character is different? Like, I want both Thunder Wave and Heavy Skull Jank. I can only choose one of them. Am I misunderstanding?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
So basically... each custom set for every character is different? Like, I want both Thunder Wave and Heavy Skull Jank. I can only choose one of them. Am I misunderstanding?
yeah that's right

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Everyone was amazed by my Zelda in the two tournaments I've been to for this game. Even when the crowd was cheering for the other person, I did hear them "whoa" at some of the things I did. They were like "I've never fought a good Zelda before," and no one really knew how to counter her. Sadly, both of these tournaments were me losing to top tiers. The first one was Pre-Patch Diddy, and the second one was a doubles that I lost to a competent Sheik and Yoshi team. Gotta love those matchups.
That's pretty much exactly what happens at mine, lol. Except there's no crowd. Everyone only gets hyped for Melee there.

There are SO many Luigi players. One Rosella, Fox, and Sonic were there too. So I don't have to worry about top tiers THAT much.

So far the characters that have knocked me out are Luigi, Sonic, and ROB. The Rob demolished me. I need to lab this character hard....

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Much better, but still not as good as turning them completely off IMO.
Tell em again.

And my goal shall be to take people to horrible stages that nobody wants to play on i.e. Duck Hunt, Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Dreamland, Miiverse, Battlefield, and Final Destination. Oh, you want to play on T&C? How about Castle Siege instead? Smashville? Nah, the 64 classic of Dreamland is better. You don't like dying early? Oops, you forgot to ban Delfino and Halberd, so let's have fun on Halberd. :p
-Picks Sheik-

"Hey imma ban SV"

"Ok"

"What stage you wanna play on?"

"I'll play SV"

"Good choice its a very neutral stage, the best player will win :)"

"GL HF"

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Rickster Rickster is it hard going from online to offline?
Well...it depends. For me, it wasn't so hard. I played online, but I would occasionally do offline modes like Classic along with going into Training to keep my "offline skill" from dropping.

For me it felt like a big weight was taken off me. I could actually do stuff and not have the wrong moves coming out.

I suggest practicing offline for a bit then playing a lot of friendlies to adjust. Oh, and make sure to do button checks if the TV/Monitor looks crappy. They might have different response times or ghosting effects. It probably won't affect you too much. It was just weird to me at first since I was so used to playing on my TV. Although if you're going to Xanadu they probably have quality monitors.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I got 7th at yesterdays tournament but I can't find the bracket *small cry

In other news Yay 7th LOL

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think the only reason I don't post here ,is because I am too lazy to backtrack the thread origins.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I wrecked the box of my Greninja amiibo ;-;

The boxes look so good I kinda don't want to get rid of them.

Even if they're in Japanese =V

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I wrecked the box of my Greninja amiibo ;-;

The boxes look so good I kinda don't want to get rid of them.

Even if they're in Japanese =V
I think the Japanese letters actually make it look cooler, lol.

Din's Flare makes me think of Melee Din's...which isn't a happy thought.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Strike.

It's the only truly beneficial tradeoff imo.
Flare can force an approach. It's a direct updrade from the default only losing verticle movement. It is as strong as the maximum distance of fire at all distances, has more range, faster, and easier to sweetspot with. Idk as a move it's eh but the fact that it can force an approach is kinda big for Zelda.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Then I probably wasn't talking to you.

But now I am, how are you today Bluecrow? Are you going back to school this fall?
Ya, I'd rather be working, but I have to graduate at some point.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Flare can force an approach. It's a direct updrade from the default only losing verticle movement. It is as strong as the maximum distance of fire at all distances, has more range, faster, and easier to sweetspot with. Idk as a move it's eh but the fact that it can force an approach is kinda big for Zelda.
But you can just jump, shield, or better yet, spotdodge...the same things that make the default bad.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Does anyone want to play some matches?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
flare isn't going to force an approach lol. it's faster than vanilla din's, but it's still reactable and all you have to do is shield, spotdodge, or airdodge since the hitboxes are out for like no time at all. you can barely control where it goes and the explosion is tiny. all you have to do is go above or below zelda and flare is useless. i don't think anyone is going to truly be forced to approach by din's flare.

and customs are awful for her. she becomes even more irrelevant in the customs meta. flare being faster than default din's isn't going to change much for her

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It's still easier to land than default

I feel like Strike and Flare are equally as good
Really no. There's no frame data to back that up aside "it moves sideways faster". It doesn't even move vertically. How is that easier to land when the hit-box doesn't grow in size either?

Statistically speaking it is no easier to sweet-spot than standard. The sizes ratio remains un-altered between standard and flare.

The whole forcing an approach thing still sounds fraudulent imo.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I actually have more trouble landing Flares than Fires. I'm awful at aiming that thing.

I just don't like any of her customs at all. They each give up something I like about the default.

Din's customs take away mobilty/aiming.

Phantom's customs take away the varying range and KO power.

Not even going to mention Farore's or Nayru's.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I actually have more trouble landing Flares than Fires. I'm awful at aiming that thing.

I just don't like any of her customs at all. They each give up something I like about the default.

Din's customs take away mobilty/aiming.

Phantom's customs take away the varying range and KO power.

Not even going to mention Farore's or Nayru's.
The thing with strike is that firstly, it gets hitbox buffs, so it's really big in front of Zelda

Second, the charge speed, while first allowing you to get higher damages quick, combined with the no distance actually wards off reflectors somewhat; they would have to be quite close and quick. Standard could be seen from a mile away,

The quick charge also allows us to use the longest shielding duration quite a bit quicker. Good for if you actually attempt to..."camp" with Zelda.

Also, if the opponent doesn't shield Whoops I mean dodge full charge hit 2 after blocking hit 1, the move blows out 3/5 of a shield. That's like, pretty good even if you don't have much to capitalize with after that.

Standard honestly wasn't very good at KOing because of predictable it was, so I'm not AS hurt by the KB loss.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think Zelda's best custom is the one where you unplug the opponent's controller.

It does suck that it puts you in freefall though.

Top Bottom