• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Diddy's recovery is gimpable, but Monkey Flip is still a stupid move for recovery. Rocketbarrel Boost should be abused, but nobody wants to and when they do, they die. He has to charge it, but if he can charge it at the limit before dying, he's coming back where no character can attempt to drop down and murder him. People just started using it for horizontal and diagonal recovery which is fantastic since he's a freaking cannonball headed straight at you.

Ryu's input Shoryuken is invincible, Tatsumaki allows him to cover a lot of distance even if it's a weak hitbox, and Focus Attack canceling allows him to add some distance and be able to dodge people. His good air speed helps even though he can't really adjust his momentum.

Toon Link's can use Bombs to reset Spin Attack, he has a tether grab, his jump is good, he has a wall jump, and being floaty does help when he won't sink down like Link. And he has usable projectiles to cover him at different angles.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What about switching out, oh, I don't know, 75% of their moveset?

Are you saying that ZeRo, Abadango, Nairo, and Mr. R all made it to Winners Finals? Semifinals and finals are the same thing, no? Are you trying to tell me that this
is the same as this?
Because if you are, you need to reevaluate your life and maybe go back to second grade.

I don't know why you come in here if all you do is antagonize everyone and spread misinformation.
A character should be 76% different to be not a clone. Hehe. Arbitrary numbers are arbitrary. Still 25% clone, still a clone.

Considering the dictionary says that the word "clone" is applicable to two people wearing similar clothes, that's right.

Clone doesn't mean same, it's similar to same. Ness and Lucas are highly similar characters. Fox and Falco are highly similar characters. Mario and Luigi are highly similar characters. They all also fit the gaming definition, being made from another character with edits. Semi-similar is redundant, no? Semi-same is also redundant, because we have the word similar.

That's an interesting example. Semi, in this case, is refering to half. So you go from quarter finals to semi, or half, finals to finals and then grand finals. Quarter and half refer to the number of rounds or brackets or whatever in that tier. Quarter finals has four rounds, semi has two, final has one. This isn't a normal use for the word. Make sense now?

Look at a more normal use. Semisweet chocolate is still sweet. Semi-wet usually refers to partially wet, or damp or moist. That's redundant use, but use nonetheless. Clone, in video game terms, refers to a character similar to another but has differences. Semi-clone implies that you can be 100% clone, but that's what same is for.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
During one of Delfino's transformations on the top platform I killed a Ness at 4% with Shulk's uthrow > utilt

who thought it was a good idea to make this stage legal lol

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Who cares either way?

English is malleable so that definitions of words aren't set in stone.

Call them clones, or don't, whatever.
How could this matter at all?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
During one of Delfino's transformations on the top platform I killed a Ness at 4% with Shulk's uthrow > utilt

who thought it was a good idea to make this stage legal lol
I still question why you people still have Delfino it's a **** stage UK > US #sweg

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll note that it's hilarious that @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 's daily post of "Today on For Glory, _____" has turned into "Today on Anther's Ladder, _____".

Cancerous and butthurt players will never leave your realm, gorl :^)

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I still question why you people still have Delfino it's a **** stage UK > US #sweg

Delfino is a dumb stage agreed

like maybe it was okay in Brawl because lol no stages but smash4 already has a bunch

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I hate Delfino. I always ban it in tourney.

I like Halberd though because of fraud Elevators.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I love delfino, as peach I can just float under the stage and uair. Also her fair kills so early there and due to float, people trying to grab at the blastzone might not be able to grab if you float the right distance.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Is it unreasonable for me to want to become the best Zelda in my state?

There aren't any notable Zeldas here (as far as I know) besides Mocha, but idk if she's still active (plus she might be a Greninja main now).

It sounds a little...ambitious but it's something to strive for at least.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Even though Delfino technically shouldn't be legal, I do love the traveling platform's layouts. I'll have to recreate those in Stage Builder for when I play with my friends. Too bad you won't be able to jump through the bottom of the base. :c

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Since my birthday is coming soon in a months time.
I'm considering trying to get Amiibo of Shulk, Lucina, Palutena and Zelda. Possibly some Manga of D-Frag! and Nisekoi and the DVD/Blu Ray of Cowboy Bebop & D-Frag!.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

There aren't any notable Zeldas here (as far as I know) besides Mocha, but idk if she's still active (plus she might be a Greninja main now).

Go for it gorl! We believe in you :D

although Texas is a pretty ridiculous Smash state right?

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson

I think I'm already the best Zelda in my state. It's actually very sad to feel that way. Out of every tournament I've been to here, I've only seen one other Zelda (she mained her in Brawl as well) who also mains Rosalina. She's pretty good from what I can remember, but I think mine is more developed right now. I think she's also focusing on Rosalina more since that's always her counterpick. I'll see her in a few months, hopefully I'll be able to fight her for once and we can bond over our fav piece of trash...
Wait, I've seen another Zelda, but he was no good, so he's irrelevant. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Rewatched the twitch stream of my last tourney. The amount of Smashville is bothersome. Gonna have to start CP'ing music, because night music is the worst and I'm not letting ZSS take me to BF.

KK Slide or die. And even that music is bad.

People are thinking about banning all stages and going Japanese (BF, FD, SV with CP: T&C and Omegas). Not really that opposed. I'd rather that than keep Delfino/Halberd while not having Mario Circuit and Skyloft tbh.

Edit: @ Katakiri Katakiri - I saw you using mega to fight custom villager and having trouble DAir the regrab and you win. (Not that you'll have to deal with it anymore)

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm on Facebook acting like one of our moderator sisterns here and issuing harsh warnings to people for inappropriate behaviour in our Anime Club today.
Are you proud of me @BJN39~? :secretkpop:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
You'd think the best players in the game would ban SV against the best character in the game. Sheiks will continue to steamroll so long as SV isn't banned.

Then she'll get nerfed due to all the complaints. Then Rosalina will be next in line, you pick Halberd against her all the time, complaints about dying early, she gets nerfed <---Sm4sh cycle.

SF community stay based.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Rewatched the twitch stream of my last tourney. The amount of Smashville is bothersome. Gonna have to start CP'ing music, because night music is the worst and I'm not letting ZSS take me to BF.

KK Slide or die. And even that music is bad.

People are thinking about banning all stages and going Japanese (BF, FD, SV with CP: T&C and Omegas). Not really that opposed. I'd rather that than keep Delfino/Halberd while not having Mario Circuit and Skyloft tbh.
Music is definitely something I'm going to change if/when I go to a tournament. I am NOT playing Smash to The Roost music. No way.

Japanese ruleset sounds interesting. They don't even allow Dream Land? Huh. I'd be sad over the loss of Duck Hunt but hey whatever

Skyloft is kindof weird though, if you pass by the right place and are in the wrong position you get smacked by the scenery and it's basically an OHKO. Not too good in a 2-stock game.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Go for it gorl! We believe in you :D

although Texas is a pretty ridiculous Smash state right?
Yeah, we have players like Megafox and Denti and probably more I don't know about. Denti actually attends my local weekly sometimes and destroys everyone, lol.
I think I'm already the best Zelda in my state. It's actually very sad to feel that way. Out of every tournament I've been to here, I've only seen one other Zelda (she mained her in Brawl as well) who also mains Rosalina. She's pretty good from what I can remember, but I think mine is more developed right now. I think she's also focusing on Rosalina more since that's always her counterpick. I'll see her in a few months, hopefully I'll be able to fight her for once and we can bond over our fav piece of trash...
Wait, I've seen another Zelda, but he was no good, so he's irrelevant. :secretkpop:
I still haven't seen any Zeldas at my tourney :c.

Heck most of the people there don't know her at all. Someone asked me if Din's was her downB...and others didn't know the Elevator existed. I even got a Phantom KO on someone recovering. They said they didn't know what that move did.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh, are you a mod somewhere? :secretkpop:
Ye, I'm the moderator for my school's Anime Club Facebook page and group. Although there isn't any formalized warning system like in forums, I still have dem authority to ban people if I want to~ :4zelda:

Already issued equivalents to 5 point warnings to two people today via messaging and a huge wall of text so one more offense from them would get them banned smh :^)

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Tis a shame 90% of this site is populated by custom lovers.

Taking it you're old enough to be my dad.

Manchild much. jk
I may be younger, but that doesn't mean I can't be more mature than you, and it also doesn't mean that you can't be more edgy, childish, and rude than me. It just so happens that I am more mature and you are much more so childish.
:secretkpop:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Heck most of the people there don't know her at all. Someone asked me if Din's was her downB...and others didn't know the Elevator existed. I even got a Phantom KO on someone recovering. They said they didn't know what that move did.
How does anyone expect to get good at this game if they don't even know what moves other characters have? Matchups exist for a reason.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Skyloft scenery doesn't kill that early and pops you up to help you recover more often than it kills you (unless you're being combo'd into it/get spiked from the top).

One of my most proud moments in Smash is getting a fthrow>BAir off of the skyloft cliff to kill at 90% when fthrow will never kill. The stage hit wouldn't have killed until 130 or so.

Custom music when. Seriously.

Edit: Also, Japan has no stage bans. Which is interesting. But I kinda like it.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

It might sound ambitious, but it's definitely possible! From my very vague memory of when we played months ago, you were super good. Good luck, and if you do become the best Zelda, that'll be something very notable and I wouldn't be surprised if you become well known within your state's Smash community.
:secretkpop:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Skyloft scenery doesn't kill that early and pops you up to help you recover more often than it kills you (unless you're being combo'd into it/get spiked from the top).

One of my most proud moments in Smash is getting a fthrow>BAir off of the skyloft cliff to kill at 90% when fthrow will never kill. The stage hit wouldn't have killed until 130 or so.

Custom music when. Seriously.
Eh, I guess. It's done weird things in Classic so I just assumed.

Skyloft music is pretty good though. Just having Gerudo Valley bounces it up a lot.

I'd rate Skyloft's music selection 8/10

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yeah, we have players like Megafox and Denti and probably more I don't know about. Denti actually attends my local weekly sometimes and destroys everyone, lol.

I still haven't seen any Zeldas at my tourney :c.

Gorl there are only like 3 Zeldas that exist. @Mocha I miss her, I hope she's alright. She hasn't been on SBs in so long.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
You'd think the best players in the game would ban SV against the best character in the game. Sheiks will continue to steamroll so long as SV isn't banned.

Then she'll get nerfed due to all the complaints. Then Rosalina will be next in line, you pick Halberd against her all the time, complaints about dying early, she gets nerfed <---Sm4sh cycle.

SF community stay based.
Tbh I rather take a Sheik to SV than FD as Zelda. Can't stand needle spam & no way of getting away from it ;_;

Last edited:
Top Bottom