• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm still kinda salty Sheik got something useful like Bouncing Fish but Zelda got Phantom which is mostly useless.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
@ Macchiato Macchiato how did you lose to that awesomedudes LM when you were using ZSS? Zelda's understandable but ZSS.

Don't worry tho i camped his LM on SV just for you. 3 stock total destruction, i made him my *****.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato how did you lose to that awesomedudes LM when you were using ZSS? Zelda's understandable but ZSS.

Don't worry tho i camped his LM on SV just for you. 3 stock total destruction, i made him my *****.
I don't know this MU at all. Idk what to do against macs

Also I played this guy, leech. He lost to my Peach bad so he accused me of turning up the launch ratio and cheating so then he left me an angry message. Not just that, he checked the ratio and it was x1.0 so he changed it to x2.0 without telling me.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm more under the impression the Phantom regen timer increase was already coming down the docket, after Rosalina's Luma timer change, and the 3F end lag reduction and 10F Phantom blocking time increase were just ways for Sakurai to kind of lessen the blow.

Tbh the regen timer increase is hardly a blow to Zelda. I'm not gonna go blind Rosalinda and say it was a buff, but I hardly ever notice it. Not that the "buffs" are at all noticeable either. >_>

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Phantom is trash and I never use it. It's fun when you charge it up at the beginning of a match on FG and the opponent just blindly runs into it, though.

Zelda should've got something cool like the Dominion Rod or something to do with her rapier. The light arrows could've been fantastic, but it's already wasted as her final smash.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Wait, if Macchi's gonna be at Xanadu, does that mean his battles may be locatable on a stream or VGBC YT?
if he makes it far enough then yes he might but there are some serious killers in xanadu

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hair physics can be hard to program. I think in Frozen Elsa's hair goes through her arm.
I know, but they could have tried to make it less noticeable when you pay attention. For Elsa, they purposely did that since trying to make it flow normally caused animation issues. Zelda's stiff braids and Palutena's giant weave of a hair...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'm more under the impression the Phantom regen timer increase was already coming down the docket, after Rosalina's Luma timer change, and the 3F end lag reduction and 10F Phantom blocking time increase were just ways for Sakurai to kind of lessen the blow.

Tbh the regen timer increase is hardly a blow to Zelda. I'm not gonna go blind Rosalinda and say it was a buff, but I hardly ever notice it. Not that the "buffs" are at all noticeable either. >_>
only buffs that are noticable are Usmash and Fsmash lol. and they are both still bad moves as a whole :secretkpop:
Phantom is trash and I never use it. It's fun when you charge it up at the beginning of a match on FG and the opponent just blindly runs into it, though.

Zelda should've got something cool like the Dominion Rod or something to do with her rapier. The light arrows could've been fantastic, but it's already wasted as her final smash.
I personally feel Phantom fits Zelda's "implied" type of playstyle its just Phantom needs some tweaks to make it usable as a whole not here and there.

I think I realized why I like using Falco from time to time

I had a conversation with @Kofu (on his profile) then I said: "Even the 'bad' characters are fun in their own brand of ingenuity and horrible-ness (which isn't a real word lol)." I feel like this is the case for Falco when it comes to my thoughts on the character

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
If you're trying to tell me Falco plays similarly to Fox and Lucas plays similarly to Ness, you're absolutely insane.

How many moves does Falco share with Fox? Even visually, Blaster, Illusion/Phantasm, Fire Fox/Bird, Landmaster, usmash, dsmash, dtilt, dash attack, dair, and throws/pummels; ftilt to an extent. 14, maybe 15 moves. Every single one of these moves has different properties between each character, though, and serve different functions.

Similarly, what moves does Lucas share with Ness? Freeze, Fire, Thunder, Magnet, Starstorm, fsmash, uair, and pummel. 8 moves. Once again, these moves all have different properties and are used for different things.

Now let's look at Luigi and Mario. They share Fireball, Super Jump Punch, ftilt, dtilt, usmash, dsmash, nair, bair, uair, pummel, fthrow, bthrow, and uthrow. 13 moves. If you're going to call Lucas a clone of Ness, you're calling Luigi a clone of Mario; and Falco/Fox aren't too far off either.

Kirby and Jigglypuff: ftilt, utilt, dtilt, fsmash, dsmash, dair, pummel, bthrow. 8 moves. Jigglypuff/Kirby is a clone pair the same way Lucas/Ness is a clone pair.

Ike and King Dedede: fsmash, dsmash, fair, bair, dair, and pummel. 6 moves. Not too far from Ness/Lucas.

Please stop using incorrect terminology.
Being a clone isn't purely about playstyle. It's mostly about where the character came from. Lucas clearly was built off of Ness, considering he switches over to Ness's idle animation when holding an item. Just switching out an animation or two and changing the properties isn't enough to not make them a clone. Especially when we have clones who's playstyle solely comes from being worse then their originals, which is most of them.

Considering Jigglypuff actually is a clone of Kirby and Luigi a clone of Mario, that's correct. Part of why they were chosen chosen in the first place.

Incorrect terminology? Am I not allowed to call Kirby pink because he has red feet? When X is "semi" something, it is something. On the flipside, where's this imaginary border between clone and semi-clone placed? What's the point in even using the terminology when everybody is going to bicker about it?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Incorrect terminology? Am I not allowed to call Kirby pink because he has red feet? When X is "semi" something, it is something. On the flipside, where's this imaginary border between clone and semi-clone placed? What's the point in even using the terminology when everybody is going to bicker about it?
You should probably cool it with the logical fallacies lmao

and here's a fun quote for you:
Semi-clone is a term used as a sort of midway point being "clone" and "non-clone". Semi-clones share some of their moveset with another character, and may have some similarity in physics, but have enough unique about them that calling them a "clone" wouldn't be entirely accurate. Different players have different opinions of how unique a character has to be to move from "clone" to "semi-clone" status; some players tend to emphasize the importance of special moves for character comparison, for example.

also, i suggest you read this: http://www.wikihow.com/Develop-a-Friendly-Tone-of-Voice

Last edited:
Whelp. Semantics

Edit: Basically what Spritzee says but if you still persist with how you perceive what a clone is, then ok

Last edited:

Soul.

Customs always bring on the flames. Why can't we all just shut up and play the game how we want...
No, unified ruleset is never happening.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Just switching out an animation or two and changing the properties isn't enough to not make them a clone.
What about switching out, oh, I don't know, 75% of their moveset?
When X is "semi" something, it is something.
Are you saying that ZeRo, Abadango, Nairo, and Mr. R all made it to Winners Finals? Semifinals and finals are the same thing, no? Are you trying to tell me that this
is the same as this?
Because if you are, you need to reevaluate your life and maybe go back to second grade.

I don't know why you come in here if all you do is antagonize everyone and spread misinformation.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
why has this thread devolved into attacking others and generally being rude?

even on the internet, being a ****head to others isn't cool

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
A-anyways.. I know I posted this earlier but do we still get invincibility frames by doing a Roll Cancel Pivot Grab? Because it looks like it
Or maybe we borrowed some of Sheik's power and our Pivot Grab it's that fast:secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
A-anyways.. I know I posted this earlier but do we still get invincibility frames by doing a Roll Cancel Pivot Grab? Because it looks like it
Or maybe we borrowed some of Sheik's power and our Pivot Grab it's that fast:secretkpop:
You can see what happened pretty clearly if you slow the video down. The Jigglypuff bairs and you roll right through it and then grab. You were invincible because of the roll.

And Zelda's pivot grab comes out on frame 11.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
You can see what happened pretty clearly if you slow the video down. The Jigglypuff bairs and you roll right through it and then grab. You were invincible because of the roll.

And Zelda's pivot grab comes out on frame 11.
Oh I see.. just making sure.. I'll be writing that down :p

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I need to get the hang of RCPGing. But I can't be bothered to learn advanced stuff like that. :V

Also, I'll best get to watching some Gintama 2015 and Ore Monogatari tonight. :yeahboi:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
This argument reminds me of this 1 person on Miiverse complaining about how Robin and Ness were total clones of each other because their side Bs were "exactly the same". -_- I then said something like "are you calling all characters with fire in their moveset clones???"

Then he reported me.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato Good luck at Xanadu!!! I'm sure you'll do great. Make sure that you make Zelda seem broken :secretkpop:
Idk anout Zelda, I haven't used her in days and it's kinda showing. I've been doing Peach tech stuff and now my Zelda isn't... good.
why has this thread devolved into attacking others and generally being rude?

even on the internet, being a ****head to others isn't cool
Because we are
image.jpg

if he makes it far enough then yes he might but there are some serious killers in xanadu
I've been playing Feel Tension, Xanadus best fox lately and he thinks that I could make it really far. No matter what, I have faith in myself and will try my best. I want people to know that I can play smash well, the money would be a bonus.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I will forever main Zelda and I will always be, every other character is boring for me except Lucas, he is fun af
But anyways, I wanna go to my locals one day, I want to abuse all these Zelda techs like Ledge Cancelling and stuff because she is a high risk high reward character and well sometimes you have to take risks.
And of course, win with sass

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
I hope I can get on stream at my next local. I'll use Dair so much it'll be like I'm really playing :ganondorf:.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I will forever main Zelda and I will always be, every other character is boring for me except Lucas, he is fun af
But anyways, I wanna go to my locals one day, I want to abuse all these Zelda techs like Ledge Cancelling and stuff because she is a high risk high reward character and well sometimes you have to take risks.
And of course, win with sass
then why is Pikachu your 3DS main

Top Bottom