• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Once again, ban all good Specials, default and customs, and watch the world burn.

Rizen

Smash Legend
On the grand scale of insults, "Lazy" and "Scrubs" are not very damaging. You're taking this way more seriously than you need too.
I'm not taking it too seriously; it's a stupid video game. It's not like I'm talking about war or starvation. Why do people always assume I'm serious on a video game site? I started using smileys just to show people articulation does not imply seriousness. :urg:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The BAN•ZELDA post on the Miiverse stage has me thinking... Why post it on just Smash?

Let's invade Splatoon as well. :happysheep:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wow... Zelda's braid animations are... bottom tier.

Look closely at her right braid. It almost teleports! It freaking Farore's Wind over her shoulder. Was Zelda on the buttom of the priority list and given to interns to work with?

Rizen

Smash Legend

Look closely at her right braid. It almost teleports! It freaking Farore's Wind over her shoulder. Was Zelda on the buttom of the priority list and given to interns to work with?
Hair physics can be hard to program. I think in Frozen Elsa's hair goes through her arm.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The only problem I have with customs aside from logistics is its timing. The game hasn't even been out for a year, and we're expanding a meta we have yet to understand. Frankly I don't blame people throwing out words like "jank" ,because how are we all supposed to adapt to changing rulesets, new MU's, new mechanics, new characters, new tech, etc. in ten months on top of new movesets for every character that are not accessible from the get-go? We don't even know our own characters. Sure, we know the general gameplan for most, but newer things are constantly being developed and that's in the default meta.
Example:

I don't think customs should be banned, but I think it should lay on the down-low until we can stabilize the already polarized community.

I'm curious @ Seagull Joe Seagull Joe considering you stance on customs, would you agree?
When people use customs, they centralize their gameplay around those specific moves most of the time. They don't develop fundamentals and generally autopilot. Sad that autopiloting customs gets people wins, but it's the truth.

:018:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Customs are so irrelevant to Zelda. They had the potential to make her better, but she's (for the most part) left the same, or worse with them. At least Marth with customs is actually a threat. I love Marth, but why did they gut him like a fish... Falco too. Also, why did Ness and Falcon get shot up to being painfully ridiculous compared to their Brawl counterparts, while Zelda is still...

Zelda?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and considering getting a Politoed for my team now. :yeahboi:
And I'll be catching up on Gintama 2015 today, since they're still on the Reaper Arc. Also, I see we're talking about Customs and Zelda's hair. Am I too late to join in? Because :4sheik:'s hair has to go to be SO GREASY, take off that turban and get that hair washed. At least :4zelda: keeps her hair nice and clean. :secretkpop:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast and considering getting a Politoed for my team now. :yeahboi:
And I'll be catching up on Gintama 2015 today, since they're still on the Reaper Arc. Also, I see we're talking about Customs and Zelda's hair. Am I too late to join in? Because :4sheik:'s hair has to go to be SO GREASY, take off that turban and get that hair washed. At least :4zelda: keeps her hair nice and clean. :secretkpop:
But :4sheik: is :4zelda:. :confused:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I can explain this...uh...um...

Farore's Wind can't be contained because of its brokenness.

BAN•ZELDA

But give 'em a little slack. Zelda's model was probably one of the more challenging to make. Probably up there with Palutena (hair, accessories) and Peach (dress physics) in terms of difficulty. I bet Zelda's braids were particularly difficult...and there's two of them!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think the real problem here is that palette swap.

Like, I'm CPR certified and she looks like she's been without oxygen for like a month.

BAN ZOMBIE ZELDA

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The cape physics in Smash 4 are so bad, they fold into themselves thirty times over when you move an inch.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
All you custom lovers need to ride the **** out, also glad xanadoodoo went default now lets see how average jo does without going autopilot.

average Joe can still pick a top tier and get by. Customs just lets them do things with one button. Lol

I wish ninty would add the YouTube upload feature now, I have too many replays and must now delete :c

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I've decided to play Dream Team Bros. again but this time on Hard Mode. :yeahboi:

Love that game. In my opinion this is where I think each game stands (From best to worst):

Bowser's Inside Story > Dream Team Bros. > Superstar Saga > Partners in Time.
Not adding Paper Jam Bros. since its still in development. :V

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Welp. I've decided to play Dream Team Bros. again but this time on Hard Mode. :yeahboi:

Love that game. In my opinion this is where I think each game stands (From best to worst):

Bowser's Inside Story > Dream Team Bros. > Superstar Saga > Partners in Time.
Not adding Paper Jam Bros. since its still in development. :V
That's about how I'd rate them as well, though I still need to finish Bowser's Inside Story. Doubt I'm gonna have much time to go through my backlog for the next few months either, since I've decided to try and play through as many Fire Emblem games as I can before FE14 is released here (currently about halfway through FE1).

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
That's about how I'd rate them as well, though I still need to finish Bowser's Inside Story. Doubt I'm gonna have much time to go through my backlog for the next few months either, since I've decided to try and play through as many Fire Emblem games as I can before FE14 is released here (currently about halfway through FE1).
That's cool. I just think BIS is the best one due to the writing and the comedy, plus the interesting mechanics too.

Whereas PiT was just boring. They only used the Touch Screen ONCE, and replacing the Bros. Attacks with Items was just a poor choice imo. And that some of the items were a bit OP, plus you can easily get to the end game with just the Babies or you can even do a No Mario/No Luigi run or Babies only Run. :V (I got to Peach's Castle Past with Mario at Lv. 3 while everyone else was in the Lv. 30s)

Best of luck to completing all of them FE Games.

Finally finished Amnesia. The scare factor severely weakens when you progress further into the game but then again, this pretty much applies for every horror game

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
They're clones. Are you seriously arguing this?

Clone: Similar in style, flavor, or appearance. In video games, it refers to characters made with another as a base and still have large similarities.
SSBWiki said:
A clone is a character with a moveset and physics that are considerably similar to another character's. Often, the clone's moveset will have a few tweaks made, and may have their physics altered to a degree, but on the whole the characters are similar and typically have the same special move mechanics, to such a degree that both characters can be played successfully using a very similar or even identical play style.
If you're trying to tell me Falco plays similarly to Fox and Lucas plays similarly to Ness, you're absolutely insane.

How many moves does Falco share with Fox? Even visually, Blaster, Illusion/Phantasm, Fire Fox/Bird, Landmaster, usmash, dsmash, dtilt, dash attack, dair, and throws/pummels; ftilt to an extent. 14, maybe 15 moves. Every single one of these moves has different properties between each character, though, and serve different functions.

Similarly, what moves does Lucas share with Ness? Freeze, Fire, Thunder, Magnet, Starstorm, fsmash, uair, and pummel. 8 moves. Once again, these moves all have different properties and are used for different things.

Now let's look at Luigi and Mario. They share Fireball, Super Jump Punch, ftilt, dtilt, usmash, dsmash, nair, bair, uair, pummel, fthrow, bthrow, and uthrow. 13 moves. If you're going to call Lucas a clone of Ness, you're calling Luigi a clone of Mario; and Falco/Fox aren't too far off either.

Kirby and Jigglypuff: ftilt, utilt, dtilt, fsmash, dsmash, dair, pummel, bthrow. 8 moves. Jigglypuff/Kirby is a clone pair the same way Lucas/Ness is a clone pair.

Ike and King Dedede: fsmash, dsmash, fair, bair, dair, and pummel. 6 moves. Not too far from Ness/Lucas.

Please stop using incorrect terminology.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm back to playing Fire Emblem: Eugenics Awakening.

Going to do an optimization run.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
In response to the new title can we not just ban everyone who posted in the last few pages instead because the last few pages were really ****ing stupid?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
In response to the new title can we not just ban everyone who posted in the last few pages instead because the last few pages were really ****ing stupid?
Careful not to get splinters when straddling that fence way up above everyone who's formed an opinion.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Careful not to get splinters when straddling that fence way up above everyone who's formed an opinion.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion

Using p bad arguments &/or one sentence strawmen is headache inducing though

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Zelda's 1113 set is love, 1113 set is life.

But because EVO doesn't have that set, and honestly who wants to always transfer that custom set JUST to have a minor improvement, I'll never be able to use it in tournament ; w ;

I don't care if customs are legal or not because frankly nobody bar a few select people uses customs anyway despite being legal. Customs were also not something I can blame for my exits in tournament bracket so yeah.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I really don't care about customs. I just want to play the game competitively, not write essays over two different ways of playing.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
If we could cancel the Phantom with Shield we can ledge cancel back into the stage
Ledge Cancel - Wavebounce Phantom - Shield
Then jump or grab or whatever
Sakurai pls c:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
If we could cancel the Phantom with Shield we can ledge cancel back into the stage
Ledge Cancel - Wavebounce Phantom - Shield
Then jump or grab or whatever
Sakurai pls c:
Nope
Instead, here's one frame of endlag removed
and 5 more seconds of respawn time added.

Top Bottom