• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I eat ham at 3:30am like all the time!

Get on my 3rd shift level ****brain!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 GORL THIS WAS THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR
ALL OF YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS RIGHT NOW
SERIOUSLY, IT'S ONLY 30 SECONDS LONG AND IT'S FANTASTIC

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So what's the best way to train an amiibo? I kinda want to do a training montage with mine and make sure it ends up becoming this implacable thing =V
Play the same character, spam the heck out of safe moves, punish everything else. If your character lacks safe moves... Well, it's stuck as a derp. :p

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I like watching :) put on a good show ~ my only question is... Who's the 6 to your 9 ;)
HALP PLS I CANT

But for your ****ing information you *****, I've got my eyes on a few & you ain't getting any of it so **** you ha =P
@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 GORL THIS WAS THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR
ALL OF YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS RIGHT NOW
SERIOUSLY, IT'S ONLY 30 SECONDS LONG AND IT'S FANTASTIC
LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I just drooled from laughing at this I hope you're happy

HOLY **** I JUST DRUNK HALF A BOTTLE OF ROSÉ

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I've abandoned Zelda for good so everyone should drink 6 shots tonight

Main problem, killing. I always lived up to like 150%... with peach. Try Jab 1 to Dsmash. Maybe also use nair more.
man there are just some days where i let my opponent live at some stupid percents as Swordfighter other times i get consistent pre 100% kills as swordfighter with a perfectly done u-air :/ definitely a weakness

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I beat super mario bros 3 for the first time.

Here's my review.

Couple things to note.

The biggest thing is that this is the GBA version. The thing about the GBA version is that it has a save feature, meaning I could put it down whenever I wanted. Even had a quicksave feature, though not as helpful to me since I was playing with the GBA player.

Speaking of which, I had to use a GBA player, and I'm also using an HD tv. Meaning there was always slight input lag. I obviously was still able to finish the game, and it didn't make anything that much harder, but it was noticeable.

Lastly, this was 100%, meaning I cleared all 90 levels. I did however use P-wings in a couple of the last levels. (Only one of which I was able to fully cheese).

So, I really like this game.

The controls are pretty good , though like I said, had some input delay on my end. The p-meter mechanic is also interesting. Allowing for interesting design involving picking up speed.

Let's move on to level design.

All the levels are short. Which is great because all the levels provide a great challenge, and having to go through challenging long levels would just be a grind, especially with a game with no checkpoints. I also really like how there was always a theme to each level. Makes the levels look really nice. (Though desert themes continue to look bland to me, this game not being an exception.)

The power ups are for the most part great and is second to 3D World to me, (which had the best power ups, and the best use of them in my opinion). Even being the starting place of my favorite power-up of all. Raccoon Mario. (Go on guess why).

Being able to fly easily and having an ability to adjust jumping is always a blast. While the tail attack is useless as an attack, (it is still required to go through some levels though), it does get buffed in later games.

The Hammer suit is also a pretty powerful item, and just wrecks everything...with that said, even though I know how awesome the hammer suit is, I still prefer being Raccoon Mario because it helps with platforming. With that said, still incredibly fun when I do use it just to destroy everything.

The tanooki suit is also awesome and the added statue ability can help at times. (Though, I don't like the suit all that much, I prefer just the ears and tails. Still, it's a Raccoon so I still overall like it).

The frog suit...meh. Even though it does improve swimming ability, I still overall much prefer the fire flower when in those types of levels.

Then there is the music. All memorable and gets stuck in your head. Who could possibly forget the Athletic or over-world theme of this game. The Hammer bros and World 4 theme is also pretty fantastic and I'm glad those tracks do occasionally see some love from Nintendo.

There are a few negatives though. Mainly being world 3 and 6 are just overall annoying. World has water levels everywhere, (which I wouldn't really mind if it wasn't for BLOOPERS. ;_; , and TWO big bertha levels. The ice level, in addition to ice physics, has annoying level design. For example, Piranha plants that spit those spike balls. Then there is that one level in iced land. The one where I have to be Raccoon mario, grab a koopa shell, and than fly to a place to break a block, to access the end of the level. Was incredibly annoying to do that, even if I wouldn't call it hard.

Now, the good thing is, despite the fact I played every level, I don't actually have to do that. Some levels are in different paths, so I can choose to play some levels or not. I even get warp whistles and clouds to make it even easier. I don't HAVE to play world 3 or 6. Heck, I could go straight to the final world if I wanted to.

I mean, overall, a fantastic game. I highly recommend getting it in some form. They unfortunately don't have the GBA version of the game on the wii u yet, so you don't get a save feature yet...with that said, restore points are a nice replacement. I do overall like the graphics of the GBA/All stars look better though. (Also, I actually enjoy the voice acting Mario does in this version. "LUCKY!" "JUST WHAT I NEEDED!")

Near the top of my list of favorite Mario games now. Need repeated play-throughs before I could make big statements like absolute favorite.

Next up, Super Mario World. Another game I haven't finished. While Super Mario bros 3 was because it was too hard for me. World was because...I got lost... in illusion forest...

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You better switch out that avi quick, I almost mistook you for sonicbrawler.
He doesn't even have the same avi as me. Rosalina is just one of my favorite characters. I do dislike you thinking me having a Rosalina avi is associating with him. :/

Top Bottom