• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
The only reason you should play Zelda in tournament is if you don't care. I play Zelda in Sm4sh and Melee at my locals because, well, I don't really care. I go to these tournaments, because I have the main setup for Sm4sh... and I just clown around on Zelda.

Ask yourself how much you care about winning, and if it's anything other than "not at all", you should switch characters.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
The only reason you should play Zelda in tournament is if you don't care. I play Zelda in Sm4sh and Melee at my locals because, well, I don't really care. I go to these tournaments, because I have the main setup for Sm4sh... and I just clown around on Zelda.

Ask yourself how much you care about winning, and if it's anything other than "not at all", you should switch characters.
I play Zelda in tournaments cause while I like to win I like to enjoy who I'm playing as. Even when Zelda frustrates me my Zelda always gets far more attention than my Peach half the time lol. I mean if you care about winning more than anything you shouldn't look at anyone lower than Rosie for a main but you have to remember what makes this game fun to you otherwise your just a bot.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I play Zelda in tournaments cause while I like to win I like to enjoy who I'm playing as. Even when Zelda frustrates me my Zelda always gets far more attention than my Peach half the time lol. I mean if you care about winning more than anything you shouldn't look at anyone lower than Rosie for a main but you have to remember what makes this game fun to you otherwise your just a bot.

Literally this

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
For you Peach mains here, updated the guide
http://peachsmash4.weebly.com/
:secretkpop:

But seriously. You're a great player, and if you want to do your best in tournaments, Zelda will just hold you back.
Peach just feels more... free. She has so much movement and she's just so fun to play as. Honestly if I really did care about viability, I would be a Irrelevina worshiper... but I'm not.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Gorls, remember when Sm4sh had just a few tournaments in its life and fools were like
"Rosalina is a gimmick, she'll be figured out quickly and become mid tier at best."
Or "She's tall and light therefore mid. Her gimmick won't last."
Where are those people now:secretkpop:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I pretty much have no competitive future in this game so no reason to care about who I main other than if I like the character or not lol.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Gorls, remember when Sm4sh had just a few tournaments in its life and fools were like
"Rosalina is a gimmick, she'll be figured out quickly and become mid tier at best."
To be fair it's just gonna take longer than they supposed. :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think all of the characters you could solo main and still be successful at the top level would be something like: :4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4fox::4sonic::4falcon: and maybe :4diddy: bc idk how his MUs are after the nerfs

I don't know anything about :4mario::4alph::4ryu::4wario2::4pikachu::4megaman:, so I didn't add them to the list. :4luigi::4ness: both have some bad MUs that probably require a secondary (Rosalina is especially tough for Luigi iirc and kinda bad for Ness i think), so they're not on the list either.

Other honorable mentions are: :4greninja::4pit:/:4darkpit::4metaknight::4lucario:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
i remember when everyone thought palutena was op

lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
still licking those salt wounds from the Uair deaths they suffered :secretkpop:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I think all of the characters you could solo main and still be successful at the top level would be something like: :4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4fox::4sonic::4falcon: and maybe :4diddy: bc idk how his MUs are after the nerfs

I don't know anything about :4mario::4alph::4ryu::4wario2::4pikachu::4megaman:, so I didn't add them to the list. :4luigi::4ness: both have some bad MUs that probably require a secondary (Rosalina is especially tough for Luigi iirc and kinda bad for Ness i think), so they're not on the list either.

Other honorable mentions are: :4greninja::4pit:/:4darkpit::4metaknight::4lucario:
:4peach: isn't there?

:4olimar: gets beaten p bad by :4peach: so he'll need a secondary.

I feel like :4ryu: is just mid tier, he's not that impressive to me.

:4pikachu: actually has no bad MUs, only even.

:4mario: doesn't have any MUs that bad that he would have to switch tbh

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
It's kinda funny that, both in Smashboards and in Anther's, I'm always the one Greninja players go to for advice or tips lol.

It's almost like I'm some big name Greninja or something =V

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Her frame data, power, hitboxes, and range don't lie :rosalina:
Like it or not, queen is here to stay barring some more nerfs.
Rosalina's frame data isn't very good, fyi. It's not bad or anything, but it's only like a bit above average. If you want disgusting frame data, go look at Sheik's.

However, Luma's frame data is pretty good and definitely helps mask Rosalina's overall meh frame data.

Soul.

Pikachu has no bad MUs lol. Slight disadvantage in some, yes, but nothing too bad.
Like Greninja. Greninja gives no ****s about Pikachu.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
hitboxes, and range
:snake:
frame data
...Well, his startup frame data is great.

J/s, he's got good things like ha, and he can actually take a hit and not die, but anti-tech was worked on and eventually he wasn't even sitting at 5th iirc (Even if Marth at 5th is weird.) I guess I wasn't saying she couldn't still be top tier, but she'll fall.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
It's kinda funny that, both in Smashboards and in Anther's, I'm always the one Greninja players go to for advice or tips lol.

It's almost like I'm some big name Greninja or something =V
W-well you "helped" Dabuz kill Amsa.. :>

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
If I were to pick up a pocket top tier, it'd be Rosalina (again).

Sheik kills too late for me to trust myself to succeed lol and I just flat out suck with ZSS.

Rosalina's frame data isn't very good, fyi. It's not bad or anything, but it's only like a bit above average. If you want disgusting frame data, go look at Sheik's.

However, Luma's frame data is pretty good and definitely helps mask Rosalina's overall meh frame data.
Well I meant with Luma lol
Given the absurd disjoints and power, the pair is very low on the lag.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Pikachu has no bad MUs lol. Slight disadvantage in some, yes, but nothing too bad.
Like Greninja. Greninja gives no ****s about Pikachu.
Honestly that MU is so over the place.

I've seen even, Pikachu advantage, Greninja advantage, idc anymore I'm just gonna go play the game.

W-well you "helped" Dabuz kill Amsa.. :>

ZombieBran

Smash Lord

...Well, his startup frame data is great.

J/s, he's got good things like ha, and he can actually take a hit and not die, but anti-tech was worked on and eventually he wasn't even sitting at 5th iirc (Even if Marth at 5th is weird.) I guess I wasn't saying she couldn't still be top tier, but she'll fall.
But he lacks a pillow :secretkpop:
and he was in Brawl, a game with much more things to figure out.

Edit: But if there is severe anti-Rosalina tech found out, it'll probably be after the patches are done and she was nerfed more (cause Sakurai) and then her tier position will most def suffer hard.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
:4peach: isn't there?

:4olimar: gets beaten p bad by :4peach: so he'll need a secondary.

I feel like :4ryu: is just mid tier, he's not that impressive to me.

:4pikachu: actually has no bad MUs, only even.

:4mario: doesn't have any MUs that bad that he would have to switch tbh
Peach struggles with rushdown characters. The :4zss::4sheik::4falcon::4fox: and maybe :4greninja::4diddy: would probably require a secondary imo.

Ryu actually has real combos and his kill power and damage per hit are scary. His only flaws are that he commits pretty hard to jumps and his recovery is bad. Ryu is a great character, but nobody really knows how to use him yet. I can't see him below high tier.

I figured that Pikachu and Mario wouldn't need a secondary, but I didn't want to assume that.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Lol even with the nerf, Zelda's Roll cancel Pivot grab is still my waifu ♪( ´▽`)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Peach struggles with rushdown characters. The :4zss::4sheik::4falcon::4fox: and maybe :4greninja::4diddy: would probably require a secondary imo.
If Greninja needs a secondary it's only for dealing with Sheik, but even then he can still compete with her, it's just no fun.

Sonic is basically a patience test for Greninja but is perfectly doable. The only other bad MU he has is Fox who might be even now that we can safely attack him with F-Tilt.

If Sheik gets nerfed, Greninja probably will reach high tier because at that point nobody has more than a 55:45 MU against him.

... And he doesn't have many winning MUs against high tiers either. Other than Luigi and maybe Pikachu and Captain Falcon. ZSS could end up in our favor if we learn how to neuter Boost Kick.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
thats our goal, play to win :secretkpop:
Well, I found my new main.:4sheik: But seriously, I hear stories about how it's not that bad for Ike but then he does Fair on shield and fastfalls it, so I try to do a jab punish, but I whiff. I think maybe a grab will be better, but I still miss. Then I use Dtilt, and he has his shield up. It's like he's free to violate my shield and I can't do anything about it. I want to toss that rat into the sun, so I should get to training harder.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Ryu actually has real combos and his kill power and damage per hit are scary. His only flaws are that he commits pretty hard to jumps and his recovery is bad. Ryu is a great character, but nobody really knows how to use him yet. I can't see him below high tier.

I figured that Pikachu and Mario wouldn't need a secondary, but I didn't want to assume that.
They're still very manageable for :4peach:. IMO :4fox::4falcon: are actually even. The others are the ones I struggle with, and :4ness:. For example Slayerz, he does fine as solo :4peach: due to her not having a MU that would be really hard to win.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just noticed I didn't actually read Spritzee's post correctly, I completely missed that she was talking about Peach somehow.

I'm dumb lol.

But anyway Peach vs Greninja is even.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well, I found my new main.:4sheik: But seriously, I hear stories about how it's not that bad for Ike but then he does Fair on shield and fastfalls it, so I try to do a jab punish, but I whiff. I think maybe a grab will be better, but I still miss. Then I use Dtilt, and he has his shield up. It's like he's free to violate my shield and I can't do anything about it. I want to toss that rat into the sun, so I should get to training harder.
hm have you tried aether? it has superarmer so he cant hit you, and it does a lot of shield damage right? i dont play ike too much

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Sometimes I forget the Zelda boards aren't just this one thread, and it has other threads to visit.

I should probably browse through some of them.

Top Bottom