• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
hm have you tried aether? it has superarmer so he cant hit you, and it does a lot of shield damage right? i dont play ike too much
It comes out on frame 18. Even if you do it OOS, it's too slow to hit. It's less of a problem for Roy but he's still annoying to fight. At least they aren't common.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
You guys make me feel like one of the last Lucina players on earth around here.
I didn't say no one uses luci,
but I do often say weabs use luci.
Mainly cause I have a grudge against her game

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I like Lucina, but she's just straight up inferior to Marth and Roy, so it feels like there's no point using her seriously for me. I still play her for fun sometimes though.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
she's just straight up inferior to Marth and Roy
Exscuse yew

I think it was a Fsmash LUCINA that beat a sonic player at evo??? :^)

Ironically all I remember from that match was that they were like "He should be playing Marth look at his Lucina spacing it's Marth-tier" :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

@XDanDan612 Peach is definitely your best character, so if you want to stick with just one character it should be her (imo)
I seeee. Thank you for the feedback :p

I'm still kinda using Lucario. He's so different now, and also disliked more, lol. I prefer Brawl Lucario. :ohwell:

I've also picked up Wii Fit and Roy.

And we should play sometime! I can't add you anywhere right now though since I'm not at my house (Skype mobile doesn't exist, ok).
Ah, cool! I've picked up Zelda and Lucina in Smash 4 :p My NNID is "CyanXNinja" :p I can't wait to play with you like we did back in teh Brawl days xD (Speaking of Brawl, do you still play it?)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm playing Wind Waker and I'm missing 1 Heart Piece and I don't know where it is. I'm reading a guide but I've already done everything on the guide and I'm goinG INSANE!!!!!!!! WHERE IS THIS THING

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Random thing, for those of you who play Street Fighter (@warionumbah2), Little Mac's Dtilt, Nair, and I think Fair are stuff that Balrog also has, right? Watched one video of PR Balrog's EVO match and I just saw Balrog do those moves. Considering Shoryuken is in tons of games including one by itself and by moves like Super Jump Punch, probably not farfetched that Little Mac would have some moves from Balrog since one, boxers don't do those sort of moves and two, Street Fighter is a famous franchise (and currently, the only franchise treated with some respect by Capcom). I never played Street Fighter much - I think SFIV was my first one and it was at my cousin's house about 3 years ago -, so seeing stuff like Falco doing Charlie's Flash Kick and this are "new", but cool since you can see how games, especially older, defining games influence other games.

One thing that I want to see in Smash is I think Kyo Kusanagi's projectile traveling on the ground. Nobody has that as far as I know and it would be this neat projectile that you have to jump. In the air, it could either arc down or travel horizontally "low", but on the ground, it'd be a sort of projectile for zoning. I mean, as a traveling "mine", it'd be visible, it'd just do damage, but also zone and force an option, but not limit an option badly like Sheik just throws Needles are you're kind of screwed unless you're at a range where her end lag actually matters. Hmm... Mario could have had a projectile like that. In the air: same as his default, but on the ground, basically a "grounded" version of Luigi's. Or Falco. :p

Edit: Actually, Zelda could have had a custom like this. She already does a similar motion to Kyo. It's also called 108-Shiki Yami Barai or "Darkness Sweeper", so for Zelda, Din's Sweep? Couldn't find a gif, so have a link to a video instead: https://youtu.be/gFGRHodcFYM?t=14.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
How funny that you all are talking about this, because I was just about to come here and post that I'm considering picking Lucina up :secretkpop:
You just do you

Ah, cool! I've picked up Zelda and Lucina in Smash 4 :p My NNID is "CyanXNinja" :p I can't wait to play with you like we did back in teh Brawl days xD (Speaking of Brawl, do you still play it?)
I actually have trouble with your Jigglyhoe much more than your Peach. I feel like your Jigglyhoe is better

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
we should raid ssbwiki and put EVERYONE on the zelda social as notable zelda players

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I play Zelda in tournaments cause while I like to win I like to enjoy who I'm playing as. Even when Zelda frustrates me my Zelda always gets far more attention than my Peach half the time lol. I mean if you care about winning more than anything you shouldn't look at anyone lower than Rosie for a main but you have to remember what makes this game fun to you otherwise your just a bot.
Damn, well said.

That is why I became friends with you years ago.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ LonkQ LonkQ

Ok, O K WOW WUHWUHWOW

Gorl! I'm the Ike guy around this Social ok?! O K

I don'T LIKE yew TrynT to steal mah thunder!

I challenge yew to a duel Your choice!

Boxing

Or Karate

Either way, remember...
My Hips Don't Lie

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I play Zelda in tournaments cause while I like to win I like to enjoy who I'm playing as. Even when Zelda frustrates me my Zelda always gets far more attention than my Peach half the time lol. I mean if you care about winning more than anything you shouldn't look at anyone lower than Rosie for a main but you have to remember what makes this game fun to you otherwise your just a bot.
THE ATTENTION THING IS SO TRUE. At my local I can hear people talking about me using Zelda while I play, lol. Doesn't happen with anyone else. I've also only gotten compliments on my Zelda and no one else.

It's kinda fun, but also kinda nerve wracking. It's like they're all expecting something big or whatever.

Somewhat related: I was walking around the venue and heard the Transform sound from a Melee setup. I ran over there (I actually ran for this LOL) only to see them Transform back into Sheik and get smashed in the face in the lag of it.

I was heartbroken.

Nah, I moved on from Brawl. I tried playing it one day, but I can't get used to the Classic Pro controller again. The new Pro Controller is SO much better.

Also I found one of Kaz's vids of my early competitive Brawl Zelda and it was so bad I nearly died.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Either way, remember...
My Hips Don't Lie
Cop: gorl, have you seen anything suspicious tonight?
CPU3: why, no sir.
CPU3's hips: only all the cocaine that's in the trunk of my car.
CPU3: son of a b-

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
i just found out captawesum (the campy evo villager) is from my region

heLp

at least the big weekly nearby has customs off now

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
One more tourney story.

I asked this guy if I could mess around in Melee's Training mode (since I've never actually played the game) to see what it's like. I picked Zelda of course. I walked up to the Fox AI and Usmashed, but he fell out after 3 hits. The other guy laughed.

Be thankful gorls that our moves have gone from being non-functional to partially-functional.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm playing Wind Waker and I'm missing 1 Heart Piece and I don't know where it is. I'm reading a guide but I've already done everything on the guide and I'm goinG INSANE!!!!!!!! WHERE IS THIS THING
I found it 2 hours later. -_- I didn't even have to do anything, I just needed to talk to a guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

THE ATTENTION THING IS SO TRUE. At my local I can hear people talking about me using Zelda while I play, lol. Doesn't happen with anyone else. I've also only gotten compliments on my Zelda and no one else.

It's kinda fun, but also kinda nerve wracking. It's like they're all expecting something big or whatever.

Somewhat related: I was walking around the venue and heard the Transform sound from a Melee setup. I ran over there (I actually ran for this LOL) only to see them Transform back into Sheik and get smashed in the face in the lag of it.

I was heartbroken.

Nah, I moved on from Brawl. I tried playing it one day, but I can't get used to the Classic Pro controller again. The new Pro Controller is SO much better.

Also I found one of Kaz's vids of my early competitive Brawl Zelda and it was so bad I nearly died.
Who's Kaz? o:

Dude your Zelda was good tho. Your Din's Fires always got me even though I tried my hardest to dodge them ;-; Why does no one play Brawl anymoreeeEEEeeee

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Who's Kaz? o:

Dude your Zelda was good tho. Your Din's Fires always got me even though I tried my hardest to dodge them ;-; Why does no one play Brawl anymoreeeEEEeeee
Kaz? Kaaz? Kaazers? Our friend? :p

No no she was so bad. The most toxic campy thing ever...actually that describes my entire Brawl playstyle.
This is horrifying.

On the bright side it's nice to see that I've improved since.

Oh my god I forgot this is the video where Kaz...did some stuff LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kaz? Kaaz? Kaazers? Our friend? :p

No no she was so bad. The most toxic campy thing ever...actually that describes my entire Brawl playstyle.
This is horrifying.
What's your Skype? I guess he never told you xD

Watching your Zelda just reminded me of how my Wii died every time someone picked Zelda... ;-;

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
One more tourney story.

I asked this guy if I could mess around in Melee's Training mode (since I've never actually played the game) to see what it's like. I picked Zelda of course. I walked up to the Fox AI and Usmashed, but he fell out after 3 hits. The other guy laughed.

Be thankful gorls that our moves have gone from being non-functional to partially-functional.
Whenever I get to play on my Melee disc or anyone's disc that is 1.0, Fsmash and Usmash (and nair I guess) are the best things ever because they always stayed inside. : )

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm hoping we'll see some good Roys, Ryus, and Lucases emerge once they're not banned from stuff anymore.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I might think of replacing or dropping :4bowser:.
Who do you think would suit me more girls? :V
Okay, I'm comically late again. Quoted it earlier and then my internet went kaputt. But anyway...

I see you like swordsmen. How about Pit? Blazing fast aerials, tons of combos, excellent anti-camp projectile, reach that puts Marth to shame without being horribly slow like Link or Shulk (probably faster then Marth on the ground lol), a recovery that's nearly untouchable, awesome grab game and grabs, all his attributes are above average sans air-speed, no significantly bad matchups, and won't be changed in a patch any time soon. Seriously, besides changing Sakurai-knows-what on the Fspecial and patching a completely useless glitch, he hasn't been touched.
I'm hoping we'll see some good Roys, Ryus, and Lucases emerge once they're not banned from stuff anymore.
Eh. Roy's just outclassed by Captain Falcon. Ryu is interesting, but people seem to be too hesitant to pick him up because of the learning curve and not really knowing how good he really is.

Lucas is... Ugh. Take Ness and strip him of everything good about the character and add in some "equal" moves in place of less important things, and there's Lucas for ya. I mean, I don't like to just parrot great players, but Amazing Amphardos puts him at bottom five.

Top Bottom