• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Good morning Zeldas! Good to see there weren't TOO many posts while I was asleepin'.

#oop

Edit : In my victory, yew may all listen to my victory music

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , I think you misspelled Halberd.
actually I love halberd

but I've just gotten off a 5 hours wifi session with a friend of mine who is pretty much our states top player and I don't think I took a single game off his diddy kong

Not a single character I use has options from the moment he tosses the banana at me

legit, he tosses the banana and you get grabbed, and there's nothing i can do about it

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
btw, who's the person in your Avi, and what anime are they from? I've been meaning to ask.
Ryūko Matoi from Kill la Kill.
actually I love halberd

but I've just gotten off a 5 hours wifi session with a friend of mine who is pretty much our states top player and I don't think I took a single game off his diddy kong

Not a single character I use has options from the moment he tosses the banana at me

legit, he tosses the banana and you get grabbed, and there's nothing i can do about it
I always get stuck on the bottom portion of Halberd on the ship portion of the stage. I'm winning a match and boom hey look an SD. Anyways, what characters are you using?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I used to main Rosalina but then they nerfed her and I realised she's bad now

I tried to main diddy but i played him for two games and wasn't auto winning so i gave up on him
I can only imagine that you gave up on SSB4 Zelda approximately .5 seconds in.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I can only imagine that you gave up on SSB4 Zelda approximately .5 seconds in.
pretty much

anyway

90% of the damage i take comes from dash banana toss into grab into aerials into landing reads

I have to sacrifice stage control because it's diddy kong

so I shield near ledges which gives me two options, shield > get grabbed, or roll towards diddy > get grabbed (or just get hit by the banana > get grabbed)

ARRGH

Is THIS the radiant Mop?!
THIS ISN'T THE MOPPING KING

also i guess my other option is to grab/attack through the diddy dash grab but the timing is so tight

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Sheik/Bowser/Marth/Mopcina
Switch Bowser with Zero Suit Spamus and we are using the same characters. Anyways, what are you doing against Diddy with Mopcina/Marth? Maybe I can try and help you out with what I know. I might be able to help out one of my superiors/teachers. Does this mean I'm already surpassing you? :3 Nope, not at all D:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I am so fotunate I have yet to fight a good Diddy. Just For Glory ones.
This isn't actually fortune, I actively avoid it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Switch Bowser with Zero Suit Spamus and we are using the same characters. Anyways, what are you doing against Diddy with Mopcina/Marth? Maybe I can try and help you out with what I know. I might be able to help out one of my superiors/teachers. Does this mean I'm already surpassing you? :3 Nope, not at all D:
How i play Diddy VS mopcina/Marth

1. Try not to jump
2. jump anyway
3. Get punished because jumping VS Diddy isn't allowed

I feel like I never have options

I might record some games and post them on spewtube

@ Locuan Locuan I had that wasted 6/7 whatever-hour training montage with a mopcina. Won all of them with the power lol jump art gimping (n-air -> f-air -> f-air off stage). I gave him some pointers on Lucina though and tried to convince him into using Marusu

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer then he asked me why I thought Diddy was brain dead. Then I used Diddy and got used to him in 1 second. He said I was better with Diddy than I was with Shulk..... Crap

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Even without bananas, Roll Glory Diddy's are annoying. Let's spam side-B.

Anyway, what are the sis' secondaries?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
How i play Diddy VS mopcina/Marth

1. Try not to jump
2. jump anyway
3. Get punished because jumping VS Diddy isn't allowed

I feel like I never have options

I might record some games and post them on spewtube
You forgot step 4: Diddy's profit. Anyways, yea. I usually stay grounded and wait for Diddy's to throw the banana. If it hit's my shield I either roll back if I see the Diddy try to approach me with a grab or jump and grab the banana if Diddy stays in the same position. Those are two of the options I have against banana's. Anyways, I think it would be great if you got some videos and posted them. I could probably get way more analytical with those. The character match-up I find the most annoying for Mopcina is Mega Man, and Shiek.
@ Locuan Locuan I had that wasted 6/7 whatever-hour training montage with a mopcina. Won all of them with the power lol jump art gimping (n-air -> f-air -> f-air off stage). I gave him some pointers on Lucina though and tried to convince him into using Marusu
That sounds hilarious. It would be good to fight against you and see if end up dying to the same things and if I do find ways around them. I want training in as much match-ups as possible before APEX.
He said I was better with Diddy than I was with Shulk..... Crap
It tends to happen, specifically with characters that have clear advantages than those one normally uses. The characters I use the best are actually Ness and ZSS, and I have not used them for more than 3-4 hours collectively. The characters just seemed intuitive. I have gotten better results with Ness; beating top 8 players in the island. On the other hand, I have an incredibly hard time getting a match off from one of them with Marth/Lucina.

Last edited:
That sounds hilarious. It would be good to fight against you and see if end up dying to the same things and if I do find ways around them. I want training in as much match-ups as possible before APEX.

Shield grab N-air, and this will never happen

Actually, shield grabbing Shulk's aerials is ultra efficient against him
It tends to happen, specifically with characters that have clear advantages than those one normally uses. The characters I use the best are actually Ness and ZSS, and I have not used them for more than 3-4 hours collectively. The characters just seemed intuitive. I have gotten better results with Ness beating top 8 players in the island with the character while I have an incredibly hard time getting a match off from one of them with Marth/Lucina.
I think he was enraged so he overreacted a bit. TBH, I do feel like I'm having an easier time with Diddy. It's just that I refuse to use him for some reasons

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Shield grab N-air, and this will never happen

Actually, shield grabbing Shulk's aerials is ultra efficient against him
That's good to know. Thanks for the information.
TBH, I do feel like I'm having an easier time with Diddy. It's just that I refuse to use him for some reasons
Maybe you don't like the characters play style?

That's good to know. Thanks for the information.
Always be wary of speed art. Just space well, and shield grab

Don't land against jump art with any aerial except n-air
Maybe you don't like the characters play style?
Because I don't like the character. I don't like his goofy animations, and I hate everything about him.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Is your character play list a reflection on whose the best character in each Smash game.

Edit: This is my 100th post WOOO

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Fun Hilda trivia: She shares the same name with Hilda Spellman from Sabrina the teenage witch. Hilda's sister being Zelda.

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ I don't really know the tier list for project M :(

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Happy Friday sisters!
Talking about Diddy Kong I see, well my strategy for fighting them is to just not fight them at all.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I was going to point out that while Rosalina is good she should be replaced with Sheik in Aero's top tier list.
AND THEN I realized that Rosalina was indeed the queen of Smash 3DS while it lasted.

Anyway I secondary Olimar, kind of, and I dunno. Toon Link maybe.

Fun Hilda trivia: She shares the same name with Hilda Spellman from Sabrina the teenage witch. Hilda's sister being Zelda.
Yep.
I hope it was intentional.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I hope it was intentional.
It's indeed intentional.

The name Zelda is a short for the german name Griselda, composed from gris (grey) and hild (battle).
Technically, Zelda is a name that is really close to Hilda.

Top Bottom