• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
I didn't even expect getting the page! I just imagined that I'd actually participate rather than lurk as usual :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm going to get attacked for saying this but...

I've never played a Pokemon game....

just let dat sink in...
Well, it's a possibility. Especially if you weren't into portable consoles. I have a friend who is rediscovering Pokemon with ORAS, the last game he played was Gold and Silver on GBC.

And I'm in a similar case. My second main is Robin and I only played Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for... 2 hours?

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Well, it's a possibility. Especially if you weren't into portable consoles. I have a friend who is rediscovering Pokemon with ORAS, the last game he played was Gold and Silver on GBC.

And I'm in a similar case. My second main is Robin and I only played Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for... 2 hours?
You should definitely play Awakening.
Such a good game.
Its my most played game on 3DS. Over 700 hours.
I may have been a bit addicted to it...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Such a good game.
I should indeed. I loved Advance Wars after all.

If only my wallet wasn't empty.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght My first Mario game was the GBA port of Super Mario World. I loved that game so much ^0^

@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic I actually was into portable consoles. My first was the GBA, then the regular DS, then the DS Lite, then the DSi THEN THE FREAKING 3DS LOL

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Don't be so hard on yourself I suck too. Not everyone is a pro in fact most people aren't pros
I'm know, it's just frustrating when I lose to people doing stupid punishable things because I do even stupider things that let them get away with it. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, my hands just don't do it right.

also I'm super predictable with how I play

also also I can't really make myself learn characters that don't immediately feel natural to me, and I think Greninja's the only character in the cast even close to being like that except I have a lot of problems with Greninja's kit in general (primarily how terrible his OoS options are, but there's more than that)

Mainly I'm just a little bitter that there isn't a character in the cast that I can look at and say "Yes, I am perfectly okay with this character's design and I am happily going to main them."

ew rosalina
fite me irl

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Super princess peach. PEACH OVER MARIO :4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach:
the one where you use peach's emotions to platform? ya that game doesn't sound sexist

Such a good game.
Awakening is the only FE i have not liked. THE MUSIC IS GODLIKE THOUGH. SHOUT OUTS TO Yuka Tsujiyoko all of her work is amazing and she really knocked it out of the park in FEA

I'm know, it's just frustrating when I lose to people doing stupid punishable things because I do even stupider things that let them get away with it. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, my hands just don't do it right.

also I'm super predictable with how I play

also also I can't really make myself learn characters that don't immediately feel natural to me, and I think Greninja's the only character in the cast even close to being like that except I have a lot of problems with Greninja's kit in general (primarily how terrible his OoS options are, but there's more than that)

Mainly I'm just a little bitter that there isn't a character in the cast that I can look at and say "Yes, I am perfectly okay with this character's design and I am happily going to main them."
You should see how much I dodge roll. It was a bad habit in melee/brawl that only got worse in Smash 4

fite me irl
I never did like rosalina, gave her a shot when I played mario galaxy and still didn't like her. how can someone have so many kids and sound so emotionless she doesn't get upset at the stars, she never seems to smile and her voice actor seemed to be told to sound like she was dead inside. At least mario will tell me when he's in pain or happy with all his jumping around and falling into pits

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Why do people force cute little weird creature thingies to battle each other. LET THEM LIVE CALMY AND FREELY! :'(
Well, Pokémon comes from Satoshi Tajiri hobby of insect collecting when he was a child, so the main point is collecting (Gotta catch'em all!). But as it's a video game, it became a game of legal dogfighting :awesome:

I don't remember in which pokémon game one of your Pokémon was following you everywhere. Having a buddy that is not trapped inside a tiny ball seems much more ethical.

That's also why Digimon was nice as a cartoon, but Pokémon completely killed it in the west.

D

Deleted member

Well, Pokémon comes from Satoshi Tajiri hobby of insect collecting when he was a child, so the main point is collecting (Gotta catch'em all!). But as it's a video game, it became a game of legal dogfighting :awesome:

I don't remember in which pokémon game one of your Pokémon was following you everywhere. Having a buddy that is not trapped inside a tiny ball seems much more ethical.

That's also why Digimon was nice as a cartoon, but Pokémon completely killed it in the west.
I really should play a Pokemon game soon. I NEED TO EXPERIENCE IT.

Latte

Smash Ace
I'm a bit late, but I main Zelda and use Peach and Olimar as my secondaries. I may switch my main to Olimar at some point due to me winning far more matches with him than Zelda.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I really should play a Pokemon game soon. I NEED TO EXPERIENCE IT.
YES. ROB POOR KIDS AND SEND BELOVED POKEMONS TO THE POKECENTER.

Another fun thing with pokémon is the fact that kids can commands creatures with unnatural abilities.

Like Charizard who can spits fire that is hot enough to melt boulders or quickly melt glaciers weighing 10,000 tons.
Or Wailord who can dive to a depth of almost 10,000 feet on only one breath.

Why not enslaving a space virus?
Why not enslaving enslaving the ancestor of all pokémon?
WHY NOT ENSLAVING GOD HIMSELF?

Latte

Smash Ace
I'm going to get attacked for saying this but...

I've never played a Pokemon game....

just let dat sink in...
You aren't missing out on a whole lot. The storyline and characters of Pokemon games are almost always subpar--even for the low standards of the RPG genre.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon. Though the main draw to it, in my opinion, is the online and competitive play.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You aren't missing out on a whole lot. The storyline and characters of Pokemon games are almost always subpar--even for the low standards of the RPG genre.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon. Though the main draw to it, in my opinion, is the online and competitive play.
And I have a friend who bought ORAS because you can pet your Pokemon and because there's Gardevoir in it.

Yep.

I have a Shiny Gardevoir by the way. Shiny Mega-Gardevoir is fabulous.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Made some progress on the resolution I made earlier this year!

I had some relatives over like I said a few weeks ago, and had to chauffeur them around when I didn't have work so I couldn't go to the gym until just recently. I did strictly cardio because I refuse to lift until the physical assessment on Tuesday and the complementary training session I get to book afterward.

I ran/jogged 8km/hr on the treadmill. Managed to do 15 minutes, 1 minute walking break, then another 10 minutes. Since I had class soon, I finished with 5 minutes on the elliptical. Had more energy in class, but my legs were trembling all night x_x

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
awww.
I know the pain, I used to face extreme anxiety when face to face with all humans. I overcame it, and I believe I can help you too.
But yeah, ordinarily I would be pretty messed up. I have ADHD/ADD, dyslexia, a weird psychological quirk where I am afraid of anyone approaching me from the right side, general anxiety, flinching whenever someone comes near me, audition anxiety, and a general misunderstanding of "normal" people in the word. But, the thing is, I function like a normal human being. I pay attention during classes, and I have always read at a higher reading level than what was healthy for me, I managed to cope with my anxieties and I play my cello people all of the time. It took a lot of work, but you can work out the kinks you have too! I believe I can help you so you can destroy people!
I can relate to the ADHD/ADD and general anxiety/social anxiety, as well as depression on some levels. At one point in my life after high school, the anxiety literally nearly kept me from leaving my house without attacks, but I had help to have that corrected. Now it's just a general feeling of constant unease. I always feel like the people around me are judging me, and even though I know it doesn't matter, it shouldn't bother me--it still does. Games are no exception. I'm a terrible competitor and a sore loser, and I won't even play with friends most of the time because I don't want to project my attitude on others. But FG 1v1.. just gives me the worst feeling. Where I stand, I wouldn't touch it with a 39-and-a-half foot pole.
I'm glad that you seem to care, and I'll probably take you up on that offer sometime. Thank you. ;v;

Sorry for the tl;dr, guys.

AND ANOTHER PERSON WHO ISNT TWI TAKES THE PAGE. THANK YOU xP

@ Twili Twili TAKE THAT!
I was getting home from WORK you insensitive... >:C
I'M SORRY......*RUNS*

EDIT: I DON'T KNOW WHY I NEVER PLAYED A POKEMON GAME. I WAS A MARIO KID WHEN I WAS GROWING UP.
He's also never played a Zelda game, guys. Just throwing that out there.
:troll:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
how can someone have so many kids and sound so emotionless
she never seems to smile and her voice actor seemed to be told to sound like she was dead inside.
Just like a real mother.:happysheep:

I rather appreciate that she isn't an airhead like Peach or hyperactive like HI I'M DAISY. She is just calm always. Also blue is one of my favorite colors (though I don't play blue Rosa because I'm allergic to default palettes), and I'm a sucker for tall girls and the hair-over-one-eye look.

Awakening is the only FE i have not liked. THE MUSIC IS GODLIKE THOUGH. SHOUT OUTS TO Yuka Tsujiyoko all of her work is amazing and she really knocked it out of the park in FEA
I nearly managed to avoid buying FE:A, but I picked it up after Robin was announced because I was so happy FE finally got a mage representative and wanted to know more. I wasn't too impressed with the game overall, though Lunatic had a comfortable level of difficulty early on. Currently waffling between wanting to start Lunatic+ and just dropping it to either go finish PoR or start Thracia 776.

Curse you, Super Advert Bros.!

oh and I guess the only song that really stood out to me in FE:A is Tragedy, but I don't really expect much from FE music.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I had some relatives over like I said a few weeks ago, and had to chauffeur them around when I didn't have work so I couldn't go to the gym until just recently. I did strictly cardio because I refuse to lift until the physical assessment on Tuesday and the complementary training session I get to book afterward.

I ran/jogged 8km/hr on the treadmill. Managed to do 15 minutes, 1 minute walking break, then another 10 minutes. Since I had class soon, I finished with 5 minutes on the elliptical. Had more energy in class, but my legs were trembling all night x_x
Congrats, nice job it's pretty hard to change schedules. Can Ya play buddy?

Latte

Smash Ace
And I have a friend who bought ORAS because you can pet your Pokemon and because there's Gardevoir in it.

Yep.

I have a Shiny Gardevoir by the way. Shiny Mega-Gardevoir is fabulous.
If I buy ORAS, it'll be for the Pikachu cosplay thing

Yay omg

Congrats, and keep it up! It's really nice to hear that you're trying to stick to your resolution; good luck!

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Congrats, nice job it's pretty hard to change schedules. Can Ya play buddy?
No they're here until Sunday. I can't even watch stuff online until 11pm or later.

Need to fix my sleep schedule so I can make the gym before work.

Top Bottom