• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
Am I the only one amused at the Smash community's ******** hard-on for Captain Falcon?
Idk what it is but I seriously play one at least 4 out of 10 FG matches and in at least 1 others after I win a match someone pulls out a pocket Falcon, Im not sure if it is just they think they have a good match up on me

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So... we have sliding down smashes now. Zelda can do this without using a corner also. Been playing around with it after watching the video and the input is stupidly easy! Just pivot and instantly press down smash and you will slide forwards. Definitely recommend taking a look since Zelda slides a pretty good distance.

Wait, she can!? When I saw this I wanted to assume she'd be screwed over like usual. What a pleasant surprise~

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Wait, she can!? When I saw this I wanted to assume she'd be screwed over like usual. What a pleasant surprise~
Yep, it's a really good spacing option actually lol. You can retreat then slide back towards the opponent with a safe down smash.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This drives me insane.

I see businesses having signs like "Dry Cleaner's" to reading lecture notes where every plural word has an apostrophe... If I were a Smashboards mod, I would infract every single post that commits the heinous transgression of improper apostrophe use.
I shamelessly admit to autocorrecting some of the posts I've edited together/ninja edited for other purposes.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I die a little inside every time I see improper usage of "their" "they're" and "there", as well as "you're" and "your".

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Also, ie. and eg. being interchanged makes me cringe.

ie. = in other words
eg. = for example

Spirst

so i guess a sentence like this hurts you're head's? eg, its a message i know your going to dislike because i'm misusing words improperly and not making sense,

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I just got tripped by a Mac's down-angled fsmash.

Why is this even a thing on an attack that already does 22% jesus christ
to be fair I try to trip people with D air, usually doesn't work out and I get toasted, but when it does the follow up is sexy

Am I the only one amused at the Smash community's ******** hard-on for Captain Falcon?
me and my sis love C. Falcon we both know the silly lyrics to the end theme in F-zero gx and yes it is rather amusing (then again the community is amusing anyways) and yes he deserves the love
To be honest though the smash community has always loved falcon, I mean peoples elbow and the knee of justice? like he gets more player created names for his moves then other characters I wouldn't be surprised if next week they named his Dair dumbster feet. he just was removed for a game in brawl was the problem

EDIT:
oh ye of no faith in the goddess
goddess Sakurai <.<
gotta go scrub out my mouth now

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
OOPS. Whelp. Time for me L2read
To be fair this is a really good spacing option for Zelda lol. Worth the 2nd post. :laugh:
Also, I tried pairing it with shield boosted grabbing but I couldn't tell if it was working or not. The grab distance seemed to be extended some but I was honestly just eyeballing it so idk for sure. Someone want to try this out and see if you get the same result.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I think you meant to say that froze up your pipes.
Sorry, my hands are a bit sore and I've difficulty typing ._.;

EDIT :
actually going to apologize to the rest of you in advance since it'll probably happen more than once ^^;

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Uuuugh timezones suck... If I want to keep up I have read like 5 pages at once and comment on everything in post at once ;_;

omfq

Maybe I read the data wrong,

but I think i didn't

Sheik's FAir

can auto-cancel

after frame 11

; __ ;

and her NAir

auto-cancels as soon as the hit-box disappears.

; ______________ ;

Sometimes the truth isn't worth knowing.
omfg I know right... I raged when I saw her frame data, it's RIDICULOUS. Meanwhile

****, we were talking about Pizzas earlier, and I forgot I had this wonderful gif.

We can go back to Zelda now.
NO I HAVENT!!!! OMG I LOVE PEPPERONI PIZZA

tbh although I totally despise tomato I love a lot of stuff made of tomato like tomato sauce, tomato soup or ketchup. Tomato by itself on the hand smells like dead if it would have a taste.
Neither does Sakurai. :secretkpop:
For real! I think we can safely claim that Zelda is the worst character in the entire Smash series. Many say that her position in Melee is outdated and way too optimistic and that she may actually be bottom tier. She is bottom tier in Brawl and in Smash 4... yeah. The only one who can compete with her awfulness are Link and Ganondorf, but both of them seem way better than she is in both Smash 4 and Melee.

Latte

Smash Ace
Speaking of Ganondorf, I have still yet to fight any on FG that don't just spam Side-B>Dtilt. What sucks is that I have no idea how to counter it with Olimar.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Okay considering it takes me forever to catch up on recent posts since this thread is so active and I don't have the time, I have a lot to say, and I doubt I'll remember any of it. I messed with sliding down smash, and it's good I think! (as long as I'm doing it right) Maybe it'll get me to stop grabbing as much >.< This was a little bit ago I think, but the longest combo I've gotten with Zelda would be d-tilt, d-grab- nair- bair I THINK. I'm sure there's something else I can't remember, and that bair is not reliable in that combo at all, but it can be pulled off in certain situations.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Good morning girls.
Last night I had a dream that I got to play an alpha build of Zelda Wii U....
Fate is extremely cruel, especially because I almost always have vivid dreams. With all 5 senses.
In the dream I had befriended a member of the NoA, who happened to be leading the English version of Zelda Wii U. So he knew of my deep love for Zelda. He took me into his office and let me play it. It was so amazing! Epona fealt so real, like you are riding a real horse. I decided to go to a dungeon, and asked if any were done yet. He said all of them are unfinished, but mostly done. So I went exploring to Skull Lake. I passes by these mushroom enemies on the way, you needed to attack them on the base. Oh did I mention everything looked fricken georgious?! So I climbed some mountains, did some more traveling. It was a fantastic sight to see. I got to skull lake, and the water was poisonous. I saw the entrance to the temple though. So I backtracked a little to one of the mountain and used the sailcloth to glide down. My new friend was very impressed that I thought of that. So I got into the temple... It was downright scary, with a poisonous fog in the air, meaning you cannot see far. The dungeon itself was a huge maze as well. With enemies scattered throughout. I finally made it to the end, and I found the boss. It was fricken huge! It was a giant lizard. He slashed the temple open, and poisonous water flowed through. I then I had to remember what way I took through the maze. I got lost a couple of times, but I did fine. I got through, and there was a path to me to epona. I got on her, and the lizard sprang up! I then went after him on epona. I shot when he had his mouth open, and after an hour of hard intense fighting, he died. He left a chest and a heart container, I picked up the heart container. When I opened the chest, the game crashed. It was time to go home anyway, and I had been playing Zelda Wii U for 6 hours straight! I woke up
That was such a good dream, but such a sad one....

Top Bottom