• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
send me your storms if you don't want them

I'd like some rain to cool things off over here

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
LOL fire fox kill. Damn, Sheik takes ages to KO
shofu had a stupid combo where he would jab cancel into Fire Fox... And I remember Feel Tension used D-throw to Fire Fox. All of this works if Fire Fox connects and it kills well. Then there's the random Fire Fox and Rocketbarrel Boost kills.

Why does Falco even have an Up Special? Practically every Up Special that hits people is useful in some way like the fact Vanish, Shuttle Loop, Fly, Shoryuken, Rising Uppercut, Blazer, Boost Kick, and Farore's Wind kill well and are part of combos, Fire Fox, Rocketbarrel Boost, Spin Attack, Stone Scabbard, and Luigi's Super Jump Punch kills with reads, Aether, Mario's Super Jump Punch, Flying Fortress, and Screw Attack are part of combos, and Dolphin Slash and Quick Attack are get off me options. Even Ganondorf and Captain Falcon can get stupid stage spikes with Dark and Falcon Dive. Up Specials without hitboxes like the Pits, Mewtwo's Teleport, Villager's Balloon Trip, Duck Hunt's Duck Jump, Rosalina's Launch Star, and Sonic's Spring Jump all are either good recoveries so long as they're not hit or have something stupid like invincibility frames. Hell, Sonic uses Spring Jump as part of combos. And Yoshi, Ness, and Lucas with their "unorthodox" Up Specials? Useable projectiles.

Like, why even give a character an Up Special with a hitbox if it's that bad in comparison to hitboxless Up Specials? Wolf's Fire Wolf could probably be used as a follow up and while it's dumb, at least it connects properly? Oh, and let's not mention how Falco Phantasm's hitbox is messed up and apparently, patch 1.0.8 added another startup frame on it for ***** and giggles. Really? This was like when Side Smash got another frame of startup. Why? They're not even good moves when they're slow and not abusable. You could give Falco Fox's Flying Fox with Fire Bird's distance and he would be better off because it would be safer despite not having a hitbox because Flying Fox has a lower startup and it actually works.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
So thee's a thunderstorm outside and the electricity started to flicker and there's strong wind outside

;_____________;

Someone hug me
me house shook to some lightning :D
wait a second I know where you are in canada
oak bike 2.jpg

Soul.

Pikachu's right next to her.

Btw, played Z for a couple hours on FG. Wrecked me once he figured Zelda out and abused the hell out of Zelda's recovery. Well I'd say most of the games were somewhat close but still a super hard MU for Zelda.
Eh. Still better KO potential than having to KO around 200%.
Is Z a Pikachu player or am I missing something?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eh. Still better KO potential than having to KO around 200%.
Is Z a Pikachu player or am I missing something?
Second best Brawl Pikachu. He changed his tag though (he's your Smash 4 Pikachu mod).

Edgeguarding Zelda with Skull Bash is stupid.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Smh I was going to dedicate this post to the 3 digit posting club by showing my drawings but I can't find the camera :(

So i'll answer your posts instead :happysheep:

you're too edgy for hugs
(actually its kinda funny that one of our sweeter goers is a dark pit main :p)
You want me to be edgy?

West coast <3
;______________________;

send me your storms if you don't want them

I'd like some rain to cool things off over here
Meh, I don't have enough edgyness and sass :/

I'd love to watch the Melee stream but for some reason, my internet is failing me every time I watch the Melee stream

Soul.

Second best Brawl Pikachu. He changed his tag though (he's your Smash 4 Pikachu mod).

Edgeguarding Zelda with Skull Bash is stupid.
ooooooooooooooooooh, yeah. I thought that was another thing; my bad.
I really haven't messed around with Skull Bash honestly, just Jank Bash because lol. Though SB edgeguarding is interesting.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm leaving for my flight to Los Angeles in about 4 hours from now.

Of course I won't have my Wii U then, so don't ask for battles. >=(

I'll probably not be posting as much here for the next week and a half, so yeah. :^)
Waiffuuu noooooooooooooooooooooo. ;_;

Whats you doing there?

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I literally just woke up so can someone fill me in on everything

I'm not dragging myself through the 7 pages I missed because I'm tired af

whelp. i was asleep when i missed ant1 getting timed out. i was hoping he'd take the tournament but he doesn't even play the game that much so lol

**** pika tho. the character brings the customs-meta into default-meta somehow. anyway, wtf all the good sheiks are gone now. or at least most of them

this tournament surprises me. im still surprised as to how trela made it to 17th place with that character selection (props to trela for pulling that off). also pretty much every player from florida is rly doing well in this tournament

edit: ****, i missed melee too :(

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Trela went swordfighter and that confuses me.

Anywho: How is everyone today? I have come to the conclusion that my Lucas is better than my Roy, but no one knows how to counter Roy so i win more with him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also whoa Roy has higher air speed than Wario?
Wario's air speed was lowered in Smash 4. It used to be 1.222, but now it's 1.21. Wolf also had an air speed of 1.222 and I wouldn't be surprised if Roy's within that range or even higher, but not at 1.269. Roy's Melee air speed was 0.9 which means his run speed, air speed, and even weight were significantly buffed from Melee.

Also, Yoshi's air speed in Brawl was 1.316; now it's 1.28. Melee Jigglypuff had an air speed of 1.35, but now it's 1.269 like in Brawl. If they kept those air speeds, Yoshi and Jigglypuff would be much crazier.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Anywho: How is everyone today? I have come to the conclusion that my Lucas is better than my Roy, but no one knows how to counter Roy so i win more with him.
Generally you use Down+B to counter

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
whelp. i was asleep when i missed ant1 getting timed out. i was hoping he'd take the tournament but he doesn't even play the game that much so lol

**** pika tho. the character brings the customs-meta into default-meta somehow. anyway, wtf all the good sheiks are gone now. or at least most of them

this tournament surprises me. im still surprised as to how trela made it to 17th place with that character selection (props to trela for pulling that off). also pretty much every player from florida is rly doing well in this tournament
I think I can sum the tournament up so far as "Shaky makes me moist"

edit: ****, i missed melee too :(
SHROOMED BEAT MANGO?????????????

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

Please tell me how to fight Roy.

Is he like Mac where I have to take advantage of his recovery?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

when you realize his grab isn't very scary you just hold your shield up and find out he's about as safe as a broken protection

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

From my experience keep him at mid to far range. Roy is the anti marth. Where Marth wants to keep you at the mid distance to Tip you, Roy wants to be up in your face as his kill power is at the base. If you can rack up damage from afar then he can't do much untill he rushes in. Roy's fast, but don't panic if he jumps or charges at you. Counter his attacks accordingly (i don't think any of his aerials are safe on shield.) and try not to whiff kill moves at close range because he will Fsmash you and you will die. Throws are pretty good against him as well. His recovery isn't bad per se but you can abuse it if you can knock him low enough. Do not get grabbed by him, you will hate yourself.

TLDR: Space, grab, abuse recovery, don't try to get up close in personal, he will kill you. Don't get grabbed.

You're better off asking more experienced players though. I probably have got this all backwards. Someone feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
a broken protection
Is this a weird way to say condom? If so, you could've used a word that people actually say like rubber or something (unrelated, but I'm pretty sure rubbers are erasers in England/the UK).

Also we should play ACNL together sometime so I can show you my town and my great houses and villagers (except for gross Blanche who WONT LEAVE).

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
when you realize his grab isn't very scary you just hold your shield up and find out he's about as safe as a broken protection
Roy's grab is pretty good though? It's pretty fast and he can follow up after most of his throws. Dthrow to up B can rack up good damage at low to mid percents and you can use fair/nair after a fthrow can't you?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Is this a weird way to say condom? If so, you could've used a word that people actually say like rubber or something (unrelated, but I'm pretty sure rubbers are erasers in England/the UK).

Also we should play ACNL together sometime so I can show you my town and my great houses and villagers (except for gross Blanche who WONT LEAVE).
i just found a broken protection to be funnier
omg we should so hang out in ACNL

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Welp, I think I'm gonna drop :4shulk:to secondary. It's a shame that I've played him since day 1 and still can't get results from him. :( :4lucas:is infinitely more fun and I think I'm a lot better with him.
Sorry @ Berserker. Berserker. •3•

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i just found a broken protection to be funnier
omg we should so hang out in ACNL
I have soooo much stuff in my catalogue that I can get nearly anything for you. Just say the word, gorl.

I'm also a high class gorl and have GracieGrace so you can buy anything you'd like at my stores. I also have a ton of stuff lying on the ground of my town that you can pick through.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Roy's grab is pretty good though? It's pretty fast and he can follow up after most of his throws. Dthrow to up B can rack up good damage at low to mid percents and you can use fair/nair after a fthrow can't you?
Roy's grab is like Foxs good for damage but won't lead to kill confirms
he gets most of his throw bs from people not knowing better like down throw to blazer which you can mash jump out of
I have soooo much stuff in my catalogue that I can get nearly anything for you. Just say the word, gorl.

I'm also a high class gorl and have GracieGrace so you can buy anything you'd like at my stores. I also have a ton of stuff lying on the ground of my town that you can pick through.
actually I'm free right now if you want to hang out

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
he gets most of his throw bs from people not knowing better like down throw to blazer which you can mash jump out of

actually I'm free right now if you want to hang out
I'd love to, but my Dad's wifi is stupid and won't let my sister and I connect to it at all. I have to use 4G on my phone to go online. My dad needs to call the cable company.

I'm free later tomorrow (like after 3 or 4 pm EST), if that's good for you.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
started up splatoon
select turf wars, why not?
team has 3 aerosprays
grab is decent thanks to it being one of the animations he shares with marth and sense marth grab range was nerfed from game to game inherently roy's was too, you pretty much highlighted the important part the throws

he has a lot of air mobility, but falls rather fast and is really not safe on shield.
and ya you really can abuse his recovery, his double jump is low and there is no armor on aerial blazer, it does however have weird multihit knock back in the air (kinda like reverse blazer in melee) so you'll need to careful if you are a light character
which they shouldn't be using blazer in the first place, their are safer and better conversions

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So is pikachu winning the thing

If so that's great, not a freaking shiek or zss or whatever

Plus I kinda main pikachu a little so bias I guess :p

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'd love to, but my Dad's wifi is stupid and won't let my sister and I connect to it at all. I have to use 4G on my phone to go online. My dad needs to call the cable company.

I'm free later tomorrow (like after 3 or 4 pm EST), if that's good for you.
here's hoping i am better at remembering to hang out with actual people as opposed to my villagers

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

He's Captain Falcon with a sword and without a horizontal move for recovery made up by a quicker air speed or a dash grab like him - Hylia forbid that. The thing is he hits hard like Captain Falcon or rather, Ganondorf, if you're pointblank next to him, but otherwise, tippers don't do much. If you get hit by Roy, get hit by the tippers, and if you're stuck, then at least try to run out and get hit by the "weak" sweet-spot or the tippers. Roy, Captain Falcon, and Sonic are part of the speed camp crew, especially online. Sheik, Fox, and ZSS can't really do that, but ZSS does benefit from input lag allow her grabs to be more difficult to dodge and certain moves to be even more difficult to punish, but they're generally weaker than Roy, Captain Falcon, and Sonic or lack something really stupid like Sonic's Spin Dash and Charge being even more difficult to punish online or Captain Falcon's dash grab being insane.

Top Bottom