• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Why the **** does Kirby not have Upper Cutter by default. They should have considered that during development.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'd be up for some games
But Cowboy Bebop tho
Decisions decisions :v
Sure. I'll make a room. I wanna try and improve on my Roy and try and get back into using Zelda. :3

Still going to be sticking with the Koopa King and Palutena's Girlfriend. Plus if possible, I'd like some honest feedback too.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Sure. I'll make a room. I wanna try and improve on my Roy and try and get back into using Zelda. :3

Still going to be sticking with the Koopa King and Palutena's Girlfriend. Plus if possible, I'd like some honest feedback too.
Comiiiing
I got you
I'll be using Kirby and maybe Ryu/Link
Depends how it goes
Why the **** does Kirby not have Upper Cutter by default. They should have considered that during development.
I wonder this daily

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Can you give me some tips on the MU because frankly it's bad, but not as bad as I demonstrated in my matches. The moment I got taunt spiked first match it hit me so hard psychologically and I literally forgot how to play the game. :/

My style doesn't seem to work against him so I need something fast that works so I can rematch him in grand finals if I get there. ; w ;
in all honesty the matchup is pretty cheeks, its like 4:6 till you get grabbed then its -50:100 lol.

first thing is dont approach like ever. Like turtle with dins until he gets bored even if your behind unless your like a stock behind then your gonna have to. If he blocks alot fsmash is your best friend :4lucina:

another thing you want to do I keep the fight to the middle of the stage, try never to get stuck near either ledge cause as you probably felt your trapped like a rat. In neutral spaced quick phantom is essential on dealing out little damage and great for inviting him in to destroy phantom so you get an opening from it.

you have to with reflect or avoid the fireballs. If he's running in behind fireballs reflect works sometimes but otherwise its best to SHAD or rising Dair. You never want to block them unless your good at buffering spotdodge cause you'll 80% of the time get grabbed. If your getting comboed try to jump and Air dodge away if juggled dair your way down if you can because fub dair can work.

tornado is dumb. Zelda can fsmash it and I think Uair it but just try to escape from it as best you can because it really needs nerfing. Nayrus use should be kept to only if you know without a doubt you are going to land it otherwise its just begging to be punished cause roll >dsmash with Luigi on wifi is just silly.

I hope any of this helps, or it might just be best to switch to Zamus :secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I decided to remake fujin's picture.
This is like, really pretty. wow.

I'm gonna pop this up as the banner of in the Zeldaganda thread~

Actually I want this in auto-meme making format like, just imagine if we could automatically use this picture and caption it with other relevant Zelda memes.

Last edited:
Rep that Zelda/Wii Fit/Peach hard Macchi. Texas is no joke (it's littered with a butt load of good players) :p

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
What is rankings staff?

And congrats to @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ for getting promoted to it.
Room is up btw. Whenever you're ready.

Also, congrats being a member of Ranking Staff.
Thanks~
Well
The ranking system is based on the Association of Tennis Professionals Entry Ranking System. Players are ranked by the averages of the total scores of their best performances within a time period.
We just moderate the queue of players trying to claim their scores from tournament results, and make sure tournament brackets that are submitted are filled out correctly so they can be approved.
At least that's the gist of it
http://smashboards.com/rankings/
Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 12.01.15 PM.png

Queue atm

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
This is like, really pretty. wow.

I'm gonna pop this up as the banner of in the Zeldaganda thread~

Actually I want this in auto-meme making format like, just imagine if we could automatically use this picture and caption it with other relevant Zelda memes.
Just add text.
Go crazy gorls.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
GGs @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ .

It shows I damn SUCK at fighting Kirby, and I'm being too rushdown heavy. Only time I had a match in my favour was when I went Shulk. :c

God dammit. I suck with Roy, Bowser, Zelda and Lucina. ;_;
Sword characters are not meant to be rush-down. They are reactionary characters, especially Marcina. This is why you are having trouble.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
the only shiny I have ever caught was shiny graveler in the original Pokemon silver lol. Shinys dont show up for me
At least you've found one. In all my years of playing Pokemon I've never found a shiny outside of events and Lake of Rage :/

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
GGs @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ .

It shows I damn SUCK at fighting Kirby, and I'm being too rushdown heavy. Only time I had a match in my favour was when I went Shulk. :c

God dammit. I suck with Roy, Bowser, Zelda and Lucina. ;_;
Nah you don't suck, you just overcommit
I do it with Ryu and Link
It's just not as hard to overcommit with Kirby because of how awesome his aerials are, and multiple jumps
His foxtrot is pretty nice as well
I rarely used a move that was punishable unless I had a read (i.e his turbo jab, smashes)
Space your good moves and try not to go full autopilot (doing stuff for no reason)
:143:
I used to play super aggro with Kirby but it doesn't suit the character

Last edited:
As a sword user and I can speak for my brother too

NEVER go auto-pilot with sword characters

Edit: Actually if you're really bent on winning, never go auto-pilot. Period.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I always get panicky when I encounter a shiny pokemon.

I still have managed to catch more of my encounters than miss. THANK GOODNESS.

At one point I was super into looking for shinies. (Even though it actually put me on edge lol) I'd stay on for hours in one patch doing random encounters. My first 'target' was an Audino (B/W) which, I eventually DID encounter and catch. That took the longest though. <,<

One night when searching I was bored and went to a city (Don't remember which) because I was like, "Oh, you can find Alomomolas herE."

I swim around and got in one wild battle, then found another wild battle

Boop, shiny Alomomola.

At like 2AM.

Ded.

I caught it but I was like, "I need to go to bed and make sure I didn't dream that like, 2 random encounters shiny Alomomola..."

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I commented on something about if people would complain less about Rosalina if ICs had been around since the beginning, and eventually I was actually conversing with :4sonic::4miibrawl: as well, and I made a comment about how Rosalina probably wouldn't have experienced 1.0.4 if ICs really WERE taking ha spotlight, and....

The ironic thing about that first part is that 1.0.4 Rosalina is better than 1.0.3 Rosalina. They raised her skill floor and skill ceiling, basically meaning "she's harder to use but her potential is much greater if you put the time in".
What was buffed with her making her "potential" better? Potential doesn't just get better by Rosalina getting crapped on and no longer having brain-dead tactics. (Oh wait...) Her ceiling didn't get any higher. I mean, from a design standpoint 1.0.4 rosalinda IS better than 1.0.3, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me otherwise...

I think... I'll just... let myself out... '>>

Last edited:
LOL :4sonic::4miibrawl: dat logic

I think I've settled for now. I'm probably picking up Falco along with Fox and Kirby as my secondary.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Omg I have too many Shiny hunting stories. Though I've caught more than I've lost. :p I have quite a few Shinies actually. I think I've only failed to catch two. And one of them was a Suicune I was hunting in HG. x-x I threw literally every poke ball I had at it, but it wouldn't stay. I didn't have my Masterball anymore. Q-Q

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sword characters are not meant to be rush-down. They are reactionary characters, especially Marcina. This is why you are having trouble.
Nah you don't suck, you just overcommit
I do it with Ryu and Link
It's just not as hard to overcommit with Kirby because of how awesome his aerials are, and multiple jumps
His foxtrot is pretty nice as well
I rarely used a move that was punishable unless I had a read (i.e his turbo jab, smashes)
Space your good moves and try not to go full autopilot (doing stuff for no reason)
:143:
I used to play super aggro with Kirby but it doesn't suit the character
Fair enough. I'll keep those in mind, I need to play more patiently and wait for them to make an error.

And yet I seem to not get away from being rushdown heavy no thanks to how I played Hsien-Ko back in UMvC3. :c

Also, my Zelda seems to be very terrible now.
I lost against her in a Zelda Ditto with @Macchiato, and I cannot deal with the puffball as her. ;~;

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Talking to s4n1cbarlwer is basically like

*insert Nammy's wasted Rosalinda gif that is not in the depository here*

Surprisingly, I actually still play UMvC 3 from time to time. I'm trying to make Nemesis usable (I'm liking Spider-man and as always, mahboi Chris Redfield)

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Surprisingly, I actually still play UMvC 3 from time to time. I'm trying to make Nemesis usable (I'm liking Spider-man and as always, mahboi Chris Redfield)
I retired from UMvC3 I think about two years ago? It made me very salty when you have to fight teabaggers, egotistic players, Team Trenchcoats and that stupid Dark Phoenix. :V
So I stopped playing, highest I got was 3rd Lord. Already mentioned my team was Hsien/Hulk/Iron Man before.

Lol Dark Phoenix. XF Dark Phoenix was ******** af. Actually, there were a lot of stupid crap in UMvC 3. X-factor, OTG assists, Infinite TAC's, Infinites in general, Zero, Vergil, Morrispam, etc. I could go on but Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than UMvC 3. Too bad I don't have it anymore :(

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Lol Dark Phoenix. XF Dark Phoenix was ******** af. Actually, there were a lot of stupid crap in UMvC 3. X-factor, OTG assists, Infinite TAC's, Infinites in general, Zero, Vergil, Morrispam, etc. I could go on but Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than UMvC 3. Too bad I don't have it anymore :(
Yeah. Shame that the online for TvC is dead and the competitive scene of it is dead too. Since PTX-40A was considered Top Tier. That mech was OP as hell.

Top Bottom