• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol Zelda's usmash is on this poll

gorl, it kills ridiculously early now and it's even stronger than it was in Brawl (although it has less range). Usmash went from one of Zelda's worst moves to one of her best. It's one of the better usmashes in the game now.

If you want a bad usmash, do Wii Fit's or something.
Am I cool yet?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
There is just much wrong with this.

First, Usmash KOs significantly earlier than her Ftilt now, it KOs earlier even if you're hitting with Ftilt at the edge.

And it KOs that early, while hitting frame 9. Most Usmashes that KO that early hit on frames like 18 (Palutena) 14 (Peach/WiiFit) or 12 with a sweet-spot, like Greninja. On top of that its end lag after the last hit is comparatively on the lower end for Usmashes.

I bet you didn't know they also buffed her Usmash's mult-hit hitboxes' sizes in 1.0.8 as well. As well as improving its ability to connect, causing it to whiff far less.

It's also very good at catching air-dodges and spot dodges because of its long hit duration.

And you...play Zelda?? This move is far from the worst move in the game, it's not even Zelda's worst move.

B Y E.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Robin's pummel is trash tier, too. It takes like 9 years for you to hit with it.

Soul.

Greninja's worst move is being sent to Ubers because #cantadapt
edit: ooh my bad, I already said that.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You're forgetting the part where Greninja's pummel is like the slowest in the game.
Wii Fit Trainer and Ganondorf have slow pummels too that don't do a lot of damage from what I remember. Falco's is kind of slow, but also not that rewarding since it's borderline too slow. Fox's is fast, but it's not Brawl Wolf's which was super fast.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just made some guy salty by getting the last stock on his Link at 80% with Shadow Sneak near the ledge.

Shadow Sneak often surprises me with how early it can get kills though I think a lot of times it's because bad DI lol.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm gonna make a list of character's worst moves
:4jigglypuff: Sing
I almost think FTilt is worse, when are you going to use it over jab/dash attack/DTilt?

No, DTaunt.

If you're considering a move as a character's worst, consider this: does it fulfill the purpose it was intended to? If it does, it can still be bad, but possibly not the worst.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Robin's pummel is trash tier, too. It takes like 9 years for you to hit with it.
Greninja and Robin pummels are about equally bad for dps, but iirc Robin's pummel at least does 3%, right? You can just one-and-done with it, Greninja's only getting 2% at practically the same speed.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
So the first character I get all the customs for in Wii U is ROB...

???

I don't even play ROB

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, I wonder what it would be like if there was a character that had a pummel that did 10%, but it was incredibly slow and barely usable until like, mid-percents... Probably would be the worst pummel in the game. Peach's pummel, on the other hand, is the best in animation. The best pummels as far as I'm aware would be Fox and Samus's because of how fast they pummel. 1% that's about as fast as a rapid jab, the throw's damage itself, and then adding onto their ability to combo out of throws.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Greninja and Robin pummels are about equally bad for dps, but iirc Robin's pummel at least does 3%, right? You can just one-and-done with it, Greninja's only getting 2% at practically the same speed.
Yes, I just tested it and it does 3%. Her pummel is so slow that I can only pummel once and then the CPU escapes out of the grab before I can use a throw at low percents.

So the first character I get all the customs for in Wii U is ROB...

???

I don't even play ROB
I think the same thing happened to me. Like, I think ROB and Duck Hunt are the only characters I have all customs for on Wii U and I don't play either of them lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Real talk, I don't think Din's Fire and Phantom Slash are really the worst in the game. Maybe close, though. A lot of projectiles were heavily nerfed from Brawl in the first place, Din's wasn't even hit the worst.
I don't think phantom is as bad but what projectiles are worse than Din's? The only one I can think of is Mii Gunner's stealth burst.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I like Rosalina's pummel because it's like she's spanking her opponent for misbehaving
that sounded way dirtier than i intended

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Hmm, I wonder what it would be like if there was a character that had a pummel that did 10%, but it was incredibly slow and barely usable until like, mid-percents... Probably would be the worst pummel in the game. Peach's pummel, on the other hand, is the best in animation. The best pummels as far as I'm aware would be Fox and Samus's because of how fast they pummel. 1% that's about as fast as a rapid jab, the throw's damage itself, and then adding onto their ability to combo out of throws.
I actually made a moveset for a character in which the pummel could deal anywhere from 1-10 or something depending on how you played them

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Just saw Episode 1 of Cowboy Bebop.

Why didn't I see this before!? I really missed out on it. D:
But I'll watch more of it the following days, I have high hopes for this show now.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have a very important test of the one subject I did badly this semester in one hour and yet I spent most of my time today playing Splatton instead of studying for it.

^ Me right now

Rizen

Smash Legend
In Brawl Wolf's pummel was fast and great but only refreshed a move the first time per-grab. I wonder if that carried on to SSB4.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like Rosalina's pummel because it's like she's spanking her opponent for misbehaving
that sounded way dirtier than i intended
Don't let "you-know-who" know about that. :p

The only pummels that I like coming from a martial arts enthusiast's background is Ryu and Little Mac's. Gee, I wonder why? Trained fighters who hold their opponents correctly and pummel them correctly. Both of them clinch their opponents, but both show their background for their pummels: Ryu knees his opponent - maybe something he learned under Gouken or perhaps from learning from Sagat or another Muay Thai fighter - while Little Mac throws uppercuts to his opponent's body which boxing doesn't really allow, but you can do it sometimes - you can't completely hold your opponent constantly and hit them, but if you are really close up, you can do this in boxing, but I don't really know boxing rules outside of no kicks since it's boxing and not kickboxing, Savate, or Muay Thai.

The funny pummels would be Peach, Samus, Bowser Jr., Mega Man, Rosalina, and Meta Knight - the wing pokes. The badass ones would be Ike, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Little Mac, and Ryu's. Ike freaking headbutts you, but in a badass way compared to Mario and Luigi. Link and Toon Link's are pretty cool too since they slam the Master Sword's pommel onto you. Yoshi's is both funny and nasty... Egh.

One thing I kind of wished is that someone had an elbow pummel which hey, guess who could have used it? Falco, Ganondorf, or Captain Falcon. Why Falco? After Brawl, he was kind of more arm-based compared to Fox who was more leg-based; rapid jab, Utilt, Side Smash, and Nair all became arm moves instead of Fox's kicks. They could have given Falco an elbow smash for his pummel to make him a bit more different than Fox. Ganondorf or Captain Falcon? Just to differentiate them and for Ganondorf, an elbow or body shots would have been a brutal pummels that could highlight his brutality. Also, it's that one pummel nobody has. Lots of characters do knees, some kind of slap, and wacky stuff like Bowser Jr., but nobody uppercuts for pummels like Little Mac, nobody holds their opponent like a punching bag and punches them like Wario, nobody knees like Ryu for their pummel, nobody slaps like Samus, and nobody chops like Sheik for pummels.

In Brawl Wolf's pummel was fast and great but only refreshed a move the first time per-grab. I wonder if that carried on to SSB4.
LAVANI! :p

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
But Peach's, though. Oh, and Bowser Jr.'s. :p
This is my favorite pummel in the game

I mean they took the time to make a whole seperate hammer model for his pummel, must be important

Last edited:
Top Bottom