• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Yeah. Shame that the online for TvC is dead and the competitive scene of it is dead too. Since PTX-40A was considered Top Tier. That mech was OP as hell.
Meanwhile, the Gold Lightan was horrible.

I used Frank West/Roll or Frank West/Alex in that game. Combos actually felt satisfying to pull off in TvC unlike in UMvC because that game is ultra easy. It's basically OTG the game.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Lol Dark Phoenix. XF Dark Phoenix was ******** af. Actually, there were a lot of stupid crap in UMvC 3. X-factor, OTG assists, Infinite TAC's, Infinites in general, Zero, Vergil, Morrispam, etc. I could go on but Tatsunoko vs Capcom UAS is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than UMvC 3. Too bad I don't have it anymore :(

Never forget.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Meanwhile, the Gold Lightan was horrible.

I used Frank West/Roll or Frank West/Alex in that game. Combos actually felt satisfying to pull off in TvC unlike in UMvC because that game is ultra easy. It's basically OTG the game.
Yeah. I always went Volnutt/Ippatsu. And for training or just to show off, I went Alex/Ryu, Batsu/Ryu, Tekkaman/Ryu or Frank/Chun. Since there was a trick that you could do 2 assists in a single combo if you started off with assist. I did that from fullscreen with Alex & Batsu, and you can get huge extensions.

I remember some of the combos that went like this:

Alex (Fullscreen only):
Ryu Assist, Dash to opponent, L, M, c.M, qcf.L, Baroque, Dash, L, L, M, c.M, qcf.M, Ryu Assist, Dash, L, M, c.M, qcf.M, rdp.2ATK (Then you can do the following)
A > Hyper Bomb
B > Launcher, L, L, M, M, H, hcb.H

Tekkaman:
Ryu Assist, Dash to opponent, j.H, L, M, f.H, Baroque, Air Dash, L, M, f.H, Ryu Assist, j.H, L, M, f.H, Charge H, qcf.2ATK

Batsu:
Ryu Assist, Dash to opponent, j.H, L, c.L, M, c.M, H, qcf.L, Baroque, Dash, L, L, M, c.M, H, qcf.M, Ryu Assist, j.H, L, M, c.M, H, Any Super.

Frank (For once. Not a fullscreen combo! But a corner combo! :yeahboi: )
j.H, L, c.L, M, c.M c.H, qcf.M, L, M, c.M, qcf.L, Baroque, Dash, L, M, c.M, qcf.L, Chun Assist, SJC qcf.H, qcf.L/M/H, qcf.2ATK.
Or you can end it with his Level 3.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I never really had a main team in TvC. But if I had to pick one in particular it's Frank/Viewtiful Joe. I remember using a lot of Yatterman 2/Karas as well.
Alex's throws against the giants was lol.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I could never adapt from the TvC control scheme of 2 attack buttons to 4 in UMvsC3. Not like I could do combos in either game, my reaction speed sucks.
Zeldaganda is a holy place. Especially the memories that emerge once again from each pic/GIF ;)
With a picture of Lucina and a plank on top of her wearing a bikini, how could it be anything less than holy?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Has the two worst projectiles in the game
OOP
Real talk, I don't think Din's Fire and Phantom Slash are really the worst in the game. Maybe close, though. A lot of projectiles were heavily nerfed from Brawl in the first place, Din's wasn't even hit the worst.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>Talking about TVC
>Not saying that Jun the Swan/Chun-Li was the best couple team
>smh you gorls

Also, more opportune time to shamelessly self-promote. Yay free spam. :^)

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Real talk, I don't think Din's Fire and Phantom Slash are really the worst in the game. Maybe close, though. A lot of projectiles were heavily nerfed from Brawl in the first place, Din's wasn't even hit the worst.
I can't think of a projectile I wouldn't trade Din's and default Phantom for.

Brawl Din's was exactly one step above useless and it's been overall nerfed in utility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember hearing about Peach's Turnip nerf and how it sounded really bad, but the turnips weren't nerfed so bad. Yeah, they're slower (Along with Stitch's less power and no more beam sword), but they're just fine. I played Brawl awhile ago and pulled a turnip and I was all "WHOA WHAT IS HAPPENING THAT WAS TOO QUICK".

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Shinies I got:
Nidorino (Crystal)
Duskull, Electrike (Sapphire) (also a Makuhita that Whirlwinded me away)
Gastrodon (Diamond)
Rhyhorn (Platinum)

Possibly others I'm not remembering.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ Shiny talk
I played my first ever Pokemon game when I was like 6 and it was either Ruby or Sapphire. Since it was my first one I had noooo idea about anything Pokemon related. On the first route (I think it's the one where you have to save the professor from a Pokemon or something) I found this Zigzagoon and I was like "why is this thing different colors than normal? is something wrong with my game?" so I restarted my game. Little did I know that I restarted my game on a shiny Pokemon. mfw when I found out what shiny Pokemon are a few years later and I realized what I had done
Pikachu.jpg

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've got a shiny Mawile, so that's me satisfied in that regard.
I also have a shiny Spinda that I found randomly once, and the obligatory red Gyarados.
Not really concerned about trying to farm for them.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
>Goes to the general discussion forum.
>Sees a "worst move in the game" thread. Checks it out.
>Expects, and sees Din's Fire.
>Sees someone say Zelda's Up smash is the worst move in the game.
>Says it should only be used to kill when you're 2 stocks ahead.
>Says it almost kills as early as forward tilt.
>Notices this person mains Zelda.
>Thinks up smash is a worse move than Din's Fire.
>mfw

777123.png

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I remember once playing Silver I found a shiny Tentacool and I KO'd it thinking "I'm sure I'll find it again another time" :044:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The first shiny I got was a shiny Vullaby that I bred. It took 313 eggs (which isn't very many), but I hatched about 1,000 eggs each for like 10-12 other Pokemon before moving on to Mandibuzz because it's a cool Pokemon. That was in the original Black, I think.

I then found my first random encounter shiny in my first playthrough of X. I was going to that town with the fossils (Ambrette, I think), and a shiny Absol appeared. I then found a few more RE shinies while using hordes to EV train. I found a shiny Vanillite, Whismur, Gale Wings Fletchinder from a Friend Safari, and a shiny Seviper that was murdered by the Zangoose that appeared in its horde.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
>Goes to the general discussion forum.
>Sees a "worst move in the game" thread. Checks it out.
>Expects, and sees Din's Fire.
>Sees someone say Zelda's Up smash is the worst move in the game.
>Says it should only be used to kill when you're 2 stocks ahead.
>Says it almost kills as early as forward tilt.
>Notices this person mains Zelda.
>Thinks up smash is a worse move than Din's Fire.
>mfw

View attachment 58169
Link please so I can ban him.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Link please so I can ban him.
http://smashboards.com/threads/wors...be-nintendo-will-listen.407071/#post-19473028
Zelda's Up-smash. Yeah, they buffed it in the most recent patch to kill much earlier (now it almost kills as early as her fitilt, PogChamp), but that only affects things the 1/4th of the time that the person you somehow manage to hit with its tiny hitbox doesn't subsequently fall out before the final hit connects. This move should only be used to disrespect your opponent or to try to land a kill when you're at least two stocks ahead.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I know that feel when someone says something dumb but then you see they main the same character as you.

Its hilarious..sometimes.
worst move in the game for me is probably :4zss: grab. Sometimes I feel like she'd be better off just not having one, it's that useless :/
**** ZSS.

Top Bottom