• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Multi-shining iz srs biz yo
shine is the only reason I don't like competitive melee.
Like people have complained about broke crap for years, but shine will always be dumb as hell
Phil I don't think there's that big of a difference in the Pit boys tbh. Why is there such a big gap?
I think :4darkpit::4pit: should be considered the same character at this point

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But like gurls

If you have Melee

Really do try to get into it

It's a lot of fun

=3
Melee Peach (and Zelda/Sheik) is soooo fun but my fingers are so slow and stupid that anything involving tech skill is really difficult for me. That's one of the biggest things that's holding me back from actually trying to learn to play Smash 4 Peach.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
But like gurls

If you have Melee

It's a lot of fun

=3
you need to motivate people better,
lets this serene landscape motivate you into motivating other people to do things better

here let me give you an example of how to motivate people
example:
Melee Peach (and Zelda/Sheik) is soooo fun but my fingers are so slow and stupid that anything involving tech skill is really difficult for me. That's one of the biggest things that's holding me back from actually trying to learn to play Smash 4 Peach.
JUST DO IT

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm not sure, actually. If you're asking if I pay for expedited shipping, then no, I don't; I just use the free shipping for everything I buy online. I bought a Japanese Lucario and a German Wii Fit Trainer from ebay and they took longer to arrive (for obvious reasons), but my Greninja and Jigglypuff arrived only 4 days after placing my order.

I'll be buying Japanese :4palutena: and :4zss: amiibos once I get my paycheck and it'll be from ebay that I'll order them. Honestly, ebay is pretty great if you don't mind paying $20-30 for each amiibo (and even more if you want a rarer one :/).
Im patient to wait some days, Im planning to buy :4palutena: too
And $20-30 is nothing compared to the costs they sell them in México (+$60 USD) :p

I'm US east coast and the shipping was around 15 bucks (but I think I got a faster shipping option because the cheapest was about a month)
I'll try to go for free shipping, in México there's a 16% tax for importing certain products

No, I didn't, my parents helped me there so they just decided to use credit.

Doesn't change the fact that the order for super delayed and one of the amiibo ended up being cancelled :/
Paypal is better from what I studied and consulted these days, because it doesn't risk the Credit card as a direct buy using the plastic

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
But like gurls

If you have Melee

It's a lot of fun

=3
personally i prefer pm

just a lot more choices with stages and characters, and i love dacus

no doubt i like melee though, and its tons of fun

heck smash 64 and even brawl are fun, even despite some of their shortcomings. just them as games alone are fun as heck

you need to motivate people better,
lets this serene landscape motivate you into motivating other people to do things better

here let me give you an example of how to motivate people
example:

JUST DO IT
Here's some nice relaxing background music for that mural :^)

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Melee remains the only smash game to date that I have not unlocked every character or stage in.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
shine is the only reason I don't like competitive melee.
Like people have complained about broke crap for years, but shine will always be dumb as hell
Yea shine is OP AF but meh it's just something you just have to accept unfortunately when getting into Muhley. :/
Tech skill is really just muscle memory. You just really need to practice hard at (especially if you're a Spacie/Falcon/Icies main). I still miss up my SHs with Sheik all the time ;_;

Also give this a read: http://pastebin.com/aGV9PzNt

Soul.

forget about melee, brawl is the truth. we all love to compare smash 4 with brawl so why not!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I tried playing Melee recently after months of Smash 4, and it just felt like a broken, uncontrollable mess (presumably because no buffer, though I doubt that's the only reason). Then again, I never was any good at any of the technical stuff like wavedashing, and I honestly don't have any desire to get good at it. Brawl and Smash 4 (and PM to an extent) just feel so much better to play, in my opinion.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I've never played Melee before, partly because I don't have a system to play it on, lol.

Also toomuchtech4me.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I would play PM if I wasn't so fundamentally opposed to its existence :/

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I remember playing Melee after months of pure Brawl

*match starts*
*bad placed air dodge*
*RIP*

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I like Melee but I kind of found it hard to improve because Melee Zelda's gameplan is so simple so I ended up just giving up on it. Brawl and Smash 4 are much more fun imo. Plus I don't have to kill my hands in Brawl or Smash 4 :^)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I bet if you combine the :4darkpit::4pit: boards no one will see a difference because :4darkpit: has no activity :secretkpop:
don't even know why they made separate boards for them, it's pointless
lol that guide. good stuff @ Macchiato Macchiato
now stay with :4peach: and don't change

Here's some nice relaxing background music for that mural :^)
that's more of a speech
here's a musical piece for you
Space Stranger Space Stranger
Tech skill is really just muscle memory. You just really need to practice hard at (especially if you're a Spacie/Falcon/Icies main). I still miss up my SHs with Sheik all the time ;_;
lol the frame inputs for SH in melee alone... some of them were less then 5 frames if I remember right
JUST DO IT
Melee is a great game

If only I found a way to use GC controllers with my PC
the for dumbies version YAY
https://bitbucket.org/elmassivo/gcn-usb-adapter/downloads/WiiU-UsbSetup 2014-12-01.exe

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Someone here has experience buying from eBay/Play-Asia? :secretkpop:
They just cancelled my Lucina due to not getting enough stock.

They did get me a Shulk earlier in the year though (which I didn't receive because USPS shenanigans, but it came). If you preorder early, I'd trust em.

I like Melee but I kind of found it hard to improve because Melee Zelda's gameplan is so simple so I ended up just giving up on it. Brawl and Smash 4 are much more fun imo. Plus I don't have to kill my hands in Brawl or Smash 4 :^)
You only really kill your hands if you main spacies (Because they're dumb :secretkpop:) #shotsfired

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
64: I play that once a week. Too bad Weegee is trash compared to Pikachu.
Melee: I never got the hang of wavedashing but I could L-cancel, regularly
Brawl: I don't play it as much.
Project M: Never got it to work on my Wii without crashing.
Smash 4: Trying to master.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
My school has this site unblocked. :secretkpop:

Except I'm on a school provided laptop which is slower than Robin's dash speed. :^(

Anyways, reading @ Macchiato Macchiato 's Peach guide (incredible stuff btw), I just came to a realisation that I have rarely (read: pretty much never lol) used Peach in general.

If any Peach gorls are in here, how does it feel using Peach this time around? All I remember is that Brawl Peach imo felt really sluggish and heavy in comparison to Melee Peach. And this isn't just going into how Brawl's gameplay was slowed down and felt super floaty. I know a lot of characters were hit real hard by the change in gameplay but I've always felt this for Peach in particular.

Actually I feel like I've been limiting myself to using a very select few characters across the series in general (I wanna try Roy but I can't buy him or the others yet because monies).

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
They just cancelled my Lucina due to not getting enough stock.

They did get me a Shulk earlier in the year though (which I didn't receive because USPS shenanigans, but it came). If you preorder early, I'd trust em.
I hope they have enough Palutena Stock, I may need to use FedEx, the Mexican postal service is utter garbage

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Can you explain me the whole process? (paying, shipping, recieveing the product)
Like who bought the stuff was my dad so I'm not sure how that goes. As far getting the product, well, the two times I bought something there the first thing took a month to arrive and the second took pretty much half a year. That can be attributed to Brazil's terrible mail system though. Can't really help you much there.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
lol the frame inputs for SH in melee alone... some of them were less then 5 frames if I remember right
JUST DO IT
The characters with the shortest jumpsquats of 4 frames (Fox, Sheik, Pika, Pichu & I think Kirby) require you to input the jump button for 2 frames at most to SH ;_;

Now with Fox try to SHFFL :secretkpop:
Not sure if that exists in my country (hopefully) it does, but thanks! :D
Fingers crossed they do. I highly recommend it. Plus it works for Sm4sh =3

You only really kill your hands if you main spacies (Because they're dumb :secretkpop:) #shotsfired
Just look at Hax$ :secretkpop:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
My school has this site unblocked. :secretkpop:

Except I'm on a school provided laptop which is slower than Robin's dash speed. :^(

Anyways, reading @ Macchiato Macchiato 's Peach guide (incredible stuff btw), I just came to a realisation that I have rarely (read: pretty much never lol) used Peach in general.

If any Peach gorls are in here, how does it feel using Peach this time around? All I remember is that Brawl Peach imo felt really sluggish and heavy in comparison to Melee Peach. And this isn't just going into how Brawl's gameplay was slowed down and felt super floaty. I know a lot of characters were hit real hard by the change in gameplay but I've always felt this for Peach in particular.

Actually I feel like I've been limiting myself to using a very select few characters across the series in general (I wanna try Roy but I can't buy him or the others yet because monies).
Brawl Peach was the fastest peach because glide tossing and float cancelling. Now she's sluggish, In brawl she was fast.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Not gonna lie Peach is the one character in this game that I do not understand

Like I figured out Mii Gunner and Ryu but Peach is so awkward :/

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
oh great now Annabelle wants me to changer her catchphrase
halp

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Like who bought the stuff was my dad so I'm not sure how that goes. As far getting the product, well, the two times I bought something there the first thing took a month to arrive and the second took pretty much half a year. That can be attributed to Brazil's terrible mail system though. Can't really help you much there.
Half a year?, that's why I'll not use the Mexican mail; I bet they´re worse :p

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
@ Macchiato Macchiato Gorl you lucky I'm not a school teacher! Good job on your guide though, it's very prettyful and peachy. Now where are the other 30 guides for the rest of your mains?

Top Bottom