• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
True story: I paid 50 million bells for one of my villagers in New Leaf.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I could go back to NL but I know it wouldn't last long. Unless my last town hasn't fallen apart.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
True story: I paid 50 million bells for one of my villagers in New Leaf.
i heard about villager trading i'd probably pay to get Groucho in my village especially if he has Camofrog's sexy voice

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i heard about villager trading i'd probably pay to get Groucho in my village especially if he has Camofrog's sexy voice
Villager trading is a lot of fun but it can be frustrating if you want an unpopular villager. It took me weeks to track down someone that would trade me Chadder.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I just found out the hard way that all the DLC fighters have the same Palutena's Guidance.

SAKURATENA WHY

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I decided to make a personal tier list for my villagers

God: Freckles
High: Camofrog, Ed, Jay, Kody
Mid: Erik, Annabelle,
Low: (no one)
Seriously contemplating kicking out of my village: Muffy, Annalissa

Last edited:

Estel Elessar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jack1995pilot
Katie's Roy and Marth impressions are great. Marth is the stuck up, self-absorbed prince we all think he is.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Still on the Roy discussion.... Can anybody tell me what they were thinking when they made Roy so much better? Even in casual play you can tell how much better he is. It's like playing Melee casually as Zelda, then you switch to Sheik. You can obviously tell who's better without trying to notice.
Late reply, but this has been concerning me too and even though I love how Roy works in Smash 4 and dude looks pretty cool, I don't think I could use him for ethical reasons. Let's go over his issues in Melee: his moves had deadzones, he was relatively light - he and Mewtwo weighed the same and he was 5 units heavier than Falco -, Roy was a fast faller with average air speed - same as Marth's -, and I think his tippers didn't really give the same impact to his gameplay as Marth's sour-spots did. So, of the Falco, Ganondorf, and Roy who are the clones of good characters and the top characters, Roy got the short end of the stick. His specs did allow him fight well with good SHFFLs, he was fast walker with good run speed, and fall speed helped his weight, but not to an extent like Falco whose fall speed used to be 3.1 which no character can do unless they fast fall. The deadzones, being forced to fight at a range that without burst speed like Captain Falcon's, average air speed, poor recovery, and probably how his moves worked held him back from being a really good character. He's good, but not top tier or high tier material.

Then he came back to Smash 4. Changes to him include a faster air speed almost similar to Ike or perhaps Wolf who also had a low jump, but incredible air speed, faster dash speed - he's as fast as Sheik now -, he's heavier - he weighs the same as Sonic -, and various other move changes. Faster air speed makes sense like how even though Little Mac's recovery and air game is pitiful, his max air speed is the same as Robin and Rosalina's which is pretty good and average. Faster air speed allows Roy to drift back more easily and use his only recovery move, Blazer. Wolf at least had an excuse with his ledge sweet-spot issues and the fact that before Smash 4, ledge-hogging existed which would have been killer for Roy even with his air speed.

Roy needing quick mobility to get his sweet-spot is okay, but does he really need to run as fast as Sheik? Does he really need to outspeed Marth? Hell, he could have had the same speed as Marth's or just be a bit faster like have a running speed of 1.8 in contrast to Marth's 1.785 instead of the 2.-something he's got now. Weight, well, this is change Mewtwo players will hate: Roy's heavier by 10 units and he's still a fast faller. Remember Melee Falco, Brawl Wolf, or other extreme fast fallers or fast fallers who were heavy too? Melee Falco lived well because his fall speed was the highest at 3.1, Brawl Wolf lived well because his fall speed was 1.8 and he weight just 2 units lighter than Link at 102. Hell, just look at Triple D, fast faller and heavy as ****. Melee Roy had fall speed to back up his slightly lightweight and now he's heavier with fast fall speed allowing him to live well and he hits like a truck. Maybe being as heavier as Marth could have worked at 90 instead of 95. Meanwhile, Mewtwo lost 13 units from his Melee 85 and is just 4 units heavier than Jigglypuff while being 3 units lighter than Mr. Game & Watch. Yes, yes, gravity manipulation, but Rosalina's got that same schtick and she's weighing at 78. Being a floaty doesn't help Mewtwo at all either. If Mewtwo and Rosalina were really good at manipulating their own gravity, then they might as well have the lowest fall speed and the highest fast fall speed.

The way Roy fights, especially with the reverse-grip swings makes him look like a Fire Emblem thief or a ninja character. Okay, that makes sense and works with the sweet-spot mechanic of his, but thief characters tend to be about DPS, so he's more of an assassin who's more about burst damage, except assassin's are supposed to be accurate to get those burst hits... Roy's essentially a Captain Falcon with a sword or Ganondorf, but much faster and with a sword. That doesn't seem right... Ike's range is all he has against Roy who hits harder and faster. Triple D's range and power is nothing against Roy. Hell, I bet Captain Falcon is weaker than Roy. The main offender to all of this is his Side Smash which is more or less an easier to hit version of Marth's. Both do incredible knockback and can kill early, but Roy's pretty easy to space - get into someone's face - in the heat of battle while Marth's is more difficult, especially if you're on edge or something. Even the sweet-spot on Roy's Side Smash is larger than Marth's and unlike Marth's, Roy has a weaker sweet-spot on his Side Smash. Marth's a 50/50; tipper or no tipper. The insane amount of precision you need to play Marth is what makes Marth's Side Smash so rewarding. You land a tipper Side Smash and people know you've earned it, but Roy's sweet-spotted Side Smash has gotten people really ****** off since it's stronger, easier hit, and easy to use to punish. I can definitely see his Side Smash getting nerfed with knockback reduction or sweet-spot size reduction.

Roy came back strong, but maybe too strong. Mewtwo and Lucas came back strong too, but Mewtwo came back as a glass cannon. Should have chosen that Mewtwo X training instead of Y. He could have come back buff as hell. Coulda build them muscles like Ike, Ganondorf, and Roy. :p

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Shameless extortion. :secretkpop:

Katie's Roy and Marth impressions are great. Marth is the stuck up, self-absorbed prince we all think he is.
Katie's Smash comics are the best.

Last edited:

Soul.

I decided to make a personal tier list for my villagers

God: Freckles
High: Camofrog, Ed, Jay, Kody
Mid: Erik, Annalisa,
Low: (no one)
Seriously contemplating kicking out of my villager: Muffy, Annalisa
Freckles. Knuckles.
hah nice joke

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Congrats @ Antonykun Antonykun for being the only one to give me something to work with!
Here it is!:
It's simple. Turn the Rosalinda cultists. Make her want to adorably date you. Make sure you're always dressed to maim. Each and every day, wear a shirt that you know shows off your head to sassy advantages and make your spear look like a million bodies. Even if the two of you make meaningful toe contact (@SBphiloz4? :secretkpop:), don't admit it. No hugs or F-smashes. Just shake her sass gland firmly. And remember, when she asks you out, even though a chill may run down your Zelda tears and you can't stop your plastic bag from flipping, just play it cute. Take a long pause before answering in a very beautiful voice. "I'll have to recover it over."
Not bad for the first one!
Omg girl, I have a Mad Libs book from my freshman year of college that has this same one in it!

Here's what my sick friends and I came up with:

It's simple. Turn the tampons and make him/her want seductively to date you. Make sure you always dress to f***. Each and every day, wear a g-string that you know shows off your penis to droopy advantage and makes your menstruation look like a million blood clots. Even if the two of you make meaningful a**ho** contact, don't admit it. No hugs or dildos. Just shake his/her foreskin firmly. And remember, when he/she asks you out, even though a chill may run down your labia and you won't be able to stop your pubic hair from sucking, just play it dry. Take a long pause before answering in a very purple voice, "I'll have to vomit it over."

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Omg girl, I have a Mad Libs book from my freshman year of college that has this same one in it!

Here's what my sick friends and I came up with:

It's simple. Turn the tampons and make him/her want seductively to date you. Make sure you always dress to f***. Each and every day, wear a g-string that you know shows off your penis to droopy advantage and makes your menstruation look like a million blood clots. Even if the two of you make meaningful a**ho** contact, don't admit it. No hugs or dildos. Just shake his/her foreskin firmly. And remember, when he/she asks you out, even though a chill may run down your labia and you won't be able to stop your pubic hair from sucking, just play it dry. Take a long pause before answering in a very purple voice, "I'll have to vomit it over."
frownager.jpg

Top Bottom