• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I kinda disagree. They may of went a little too far when it came to how much stuff was in the game initially causing a decent chunk of people to hold back at a critical time, but we do have a lot of content in the game now, and there is even more on the way! 33 more weapons is crazy.

There will certainly be a lot to enjoy by august. I am hoping for free dlc to come later down the line. Like more new maps.
less then half of the multiplayer was released and literally every critic complained about it.
They need to review the game asap, so missing content is just hurting reviews in the early life. Which is when most reviews come in
I'm sorry, but playing Town and City, Smashville, Battlefield, and Final Destination more than half the time is already extremely dull at this point.

Take them away.
no watching halberd or delphino is actually painful, have Nintendo make actually legal stages instead

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I honestly find Halberd one of the more fun stages to play, low ceiling aside.

I mean it was where the Sing -> laser combo came from after all =V

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
no watching halberd or delphino is actually painful, have Nintendo make actually legal stages instead
There's a reason why I didn't mention them. :secretkpop:
...But I completely agree with what you're saying. Dream Land 64 was one of the best things to come out of the DLC. Spoil me with stages that don't have awful transitions and hazards. I really shouldn't have to make neutral stages myself, they should already be on the disk.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Gorls, my migraine just gave me the best idea. Because I feel straight up awful and not like actually playing the game, I started messing around with the stage builder. I took one of the stages I had and turned it into a more neutral stage, but still different enough from the ones that already exist. Perhaps if you guys are tired of fighting on the same tourney legal stages, you could start building your own like I've decided to do, or recreate some of the older ones that didn't return.

I'm sorry, but playing Town and City, Smashville, Battlefield, and Final Destination more than half the time is already extremely dull at this point.

Take them away.
You would hate Melee then =P

Gorls, after 73 years I finally finished my Peach Guide.
http://peachsmash4.weebly.com
Thanks @JigglyZelda003 and @D3RK for help

@ Lorde Lorde @ M Meru. @XDanDan612 @♥Zanda•JGPT♥
I'm spotting it for errors and here's one:
A few major things to know about Peach is she is easily camped and :secretkpop: chase opponents well due to her being sluggish.

I guess you forgot "can't" where that beautiful kpop is. lol It's under the Gameplay section, and I'll keep an eye out for more!

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Yeah

I half expected the spoiler to contain a picture of the stage :p
Hahaha, of course the CD-i King of Hyrule appeared instead. I'll upload it now. It's not great, I just took an existing stage, deleted a ton of stuff on it except the base block, and made it playable for normal matches with friends. It's me testing the waters really. I like the fact that it has a wall, think about the combos you could do with that. This is just my first attempt at this since I edited something preexisting, so don't judge. It's just for an idea based off "What if I had a double Dream Land/Battlefield type stage?"

http://m.imgur.com/X8yajNF

I attempted to post the image here, but it wouldn't show up. I'm doing this all from mobile btw.

You would hate Melee then =P
Almost every video I've seen of Melee was fought on Final Destination. I don't understand how they're not sick of that stage a decade later, with it being in every single game. No wonder Sakurai made an omega version of every stage.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm spotting it for errors and here's one:
A few major things to know about Peach is she is easily camped and :secretkpop: chase opponents well due to her being sluggish.

I guess you forgot "can't" were that beautiful kpop is. lol It's under the Gameplay section, and I'll keep an eye out for more!
fixed

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Macchiato Macchiato Good job on the guide, kiddo! It looks pretty good and I only noticed a few minor grammatical errors. However, under the gameplay section, the part where you explain down air has the picture covering up some of the text and you really need to change that. Other than that, you did a great job with it.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato Good job on the guide, kiddo! It looks pretty good and I only noticed a few minor grammatical errors. However, under the gameplay section, the part where you explain down air has the picture covering up some of the text and you really need to change that. Other than that, you did a great job with it.
TYSM Gorl
image.jpg

Really? It doesn't show up on my computer, even If I view it as a viewer.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Omg Macci this is amazing!!! Actually I'm planning to overhault the first post of the Tactical Discussion thread with an overview of Peach's moveset. I'll be sure to use a lot of stuff you have written in your guide, especially the move overview, combo section and AT section. You have no idea how much this helps, my hero!!

(The change list is kinda off tho)
(Oh and Dash Attack hits on 17-19, not 17-9 ;p)

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Hahaha, of course the CD-i King of Hyrule appeared instead. I'll upload it now. It's not great, I just took an existing stage, deleted a ton of stuff on it except the base block, and made it playable for normal matches with friends. It's me testing the waters really. I like the fact that it has a wall, think about the combos you could do with that. This is just my first attempt at this since I edited something preexisting, so don't judge. It's just for an idea based off "What if I had a double Dream Land/Battlefield type stage?"

I attempted to post the image here, but it wouldn't show up. I'm doing this all from mobile btw.

Almost every video I've seen of Melee was fought on Final Destination. I don't understand how they're not sick of that stage a decade later, with it being in every single game. No wonder Sakurai made an omega version of every stage.
Seems interesting :D

Looks kind of big for singles but could be useful in doubles. The ledge on the right side is weird but hey, ledges are weird.

Competitive community would probably say "no there's a wall" even though wall infinites don't exist anymore lol

I'm gonna guess this stage is a pain for Little Mac like every other stage in this game

I actually have made a stage before in an attempt at a legal stage. I'll post it here in a bit.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ Macchiato Macchiato Omg Thomas. I'm reading through your guide and I'm extremely impressed. You did an awesome job on it! Just a little thing, on back air's description it says "It's a great out of option also" instead of out of shield option. Otherwise it's really well organized, informative, and helpful

@ Macchiato Macchiato

Under the "Move Overview", could you indicate the sweet/sour spot locations on moves? I noticed for U-tilt, you said the sweetspot was inside her. For U-smash you say it's "her strongest move when it's sweet-spotted", but don't say where it is. (I assume it's at the tip) Maybe a gif highlighting the hitbox areas would be cool like for Melee's hitboxes, but you really don't have to if you don't want to. Still on the overview, maybe highlighing key words like "Kill Throw" or "Combo Starter" could keep the "Remember" section about strings/ combos and consistent with the other moves.

Example:
Jab- Remember: Neutral Air → Jab
Down Smash- Remember: The duration of the move is longer than a spotdodge.

About the gifs, they could be something like @BJN39's :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
TYSM Gorl
View attachment 57893
Really? It doesn't show up on my computer, even If I view it as a viewer.
That's really strange because this is what it looks like on my end:
downair.JPG

I guess this is just a problem on my side, lol.

edit:
@ Macchiato Macchiato

Under the "Move Overview", could you indicate the sweet/sour spot locations on moves? I noticed for U-tilt, you said the sweetspot was inside her. For U-smash you say it's "her strongest move when it's sweet-spotted", but don't say where it is. (I assume it's at the tip) Maybe a gif highlighting the hitbox areas would be cool like for Melee's hitboxes, but you really don't have to if you don't want to. Still on the overview, maybe highlighing key words like "Kill Throw" or "Combo Starter" could keep the "Remember" section about strings/ combos and consistent with the other moves.
Peach's usmash sweetspot is the same as her utilt (as in her chest area).

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato

Yeah Until next update. Also the Utilt sweetspot is actually inside her. like her body

Yeah Until next update. Also the Utilt sweetspot is actually inside her. like her body
I know lol you said it was. Do you mean U-Smash's? If so, I've never been so wrong.

EDIT: Lol I just read @ Lorde Lorde 's comment. Whoops. :secretkpop:
Well, I also didn't find any other little mistakes. Overall, I think it's a pretty neat guide!! Good job gorl!

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Attempt at stage:

now that I look at it this stage is big 0_o

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Seems interesting :D

Looks kind of big for singles but could be useful in doubles. The ledge on the right side is weird but hey, ledges are weird.

Competitive community would probably say "no there's a wall" even though wall infinites don't exist anymore lol

I'm gonna guess this stage is a pain for Little Mac like every other stage in this game

I actually have made a stage before in an attempt at a legal stage. I'll post it here in a bit.
Hahaha thanks! Like I said, I just took something preexisting and made it "legal"-ish, that's why it isn't exactly ideal. Delfino is legal when it has walls, swimming mechanics, and walk-offs over half the time, so what's the issue here? Anyways, I agree that it's pretty big for singles, maybe it could be used as a team stage or something. I'll probably end up editing it soon to make the blast zones equal on each side and then let you guys look at it again.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

Wouldn't be tourney legal if custom stages were allowed. Generally the criteria for banning stages are:

1. Must not provide any player with an overwhelming positional advantage that is impossible to take without extreme risk
2. The stage as a whole must not provide an enormous advantage or disadvantage for specific characters or playstyle
3. It must not allow excessive glitch abuse
4. The stage must not affect gameplay due to randomised circumstances
5. The stage must not contain a 'cave of life' (an area with walls/ceiling that allow a character to live far longer than expected due to constant wall/ceiling techs
6. Drastically alter gameplay and the strategies required to win
7. Must not unnecessarily stall the game out with its transformations

Your stage falls under 5 & could fall under 1 due to the layout. Plus it's p big by the looks if it as well so it really wouldn't fly at all.

Also you really haven't watched enough Melee if all you see is FD gurl.

@ kenniky kenniky just because there aren't any wall infinities anymore doesn't mean that the walls can be abused to hell

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Someone here has experience buying from eBay/Play-Asia? :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've bought a few NIB amiibos from ebay and they've always shipped quickly and arrive around the estimated arrival date. Make sure to check out the seller and see if they're reliable, though.

The prices are pretty high, though. I'd recommend just doing buy it now items instead of bidding for them.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Lol I bought my pika 3ds from play-asia a few months ago

Only thing I have to say, is they said it came with a free case. Once I checked out, they charged me for it lol

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yeah I bought amiibo from playasia

Credit card company thought they were trying to steal my info

Shipment got delayed like four times and one of them was ultimately canceled.

Do not recommend.

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 rate my stage

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
@ kenniky kenniky just because there aren't any wall infinities anymore doesn't mean that the walls can be abused to hell
If I could see foxes stop picking pokemon stadium

Only thing I have to say, is they said it came with a free case. Once I checked out, they charged me for it lol
it's Free*!
*once you buy it

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Wouldn't be tourney legal if custom stages were allowed. Generally the criteria for banning stages are:

1. Must not provide any player with an overwhelming positional advantage that is impossible to take without extreme risk
2. The stage as a whole must not provide an enormous advantage or disadvantage for specific characters or playstyle
3. It must not allow excessive glitch abuse
4. The stage must not affect gameplay due to randomised circumstances
5. The stage must not contain a 'cave of life' (an area with walls/ceiling that allow a character to live far longer than expected due to constant wall/ceiling techs
6. Drastically alter gameplay and the strategies required to win
7. Must not unnecessarily stall the game out with its transformations

Your stage falls under 5 & could fall under 1 due to the layout. Plus it's p big by the looks if it as well so it really wouldn't fly at all.

Also you really haven't watched enough Melee if all you see is FD gurl.

Yes, I understand that parts of it are very off. There's a reason why I kept saying "I took a preexisting stage, deleted everything but the base block..." and that it was basically me messing around. It's not like we're going to tourneys with this stage hahaha. I'm messing around at the moment, when I get actually decent ideas that can be approved of I'll post them later. Hopefully we can get some decent stuff out of this.

Anyways, thank you for giving me a "don't do that" list, I'll go by it with the rest of my ideas.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've bought a few NIB amiibos from ebay and they've always shipped quickly and arrive around the estimated arrival date. Make sure to check out the seller and see if they're reliable, though.

The prices are pretty high, though. I'd recommend just doing buy it now items instead of bidding for them.
And you used the Standard Int'l Shipping or FedEx?

The shipping is expensive?

Only eBay. I never found the need for Play-Asia (yet...).
I bet it was a Woody :4dk:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Wow Macchi this is an amazing guide! :happysheep: You explain everything about Peach and how you play her. I feel like picking her up but i'm too lazy:drsad:
Edited my "tier lists" to have both customs on and customs off versions and posting them here for reference. Feel free to ignore, or maybe start trash talking me~

Phil I don't think there's that big of a difference in the Pit boys tbh. Why is there such a big gap?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
If I could see foxes stop picking pokemon stadium

it's Free*!
*once you buy it
Multi-shining iz srs biz yo

Again, won't be legal in a competitive sense. Seems quite fun tho.

Favours aerial fighters too much because of the lack of footing, cave of life in the centre & the layout can give a player a significant advantage over the opponent based on their position.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah I bought amiibo from playasia

Credit card company thought they were trying to steal my info

Shipment got delayed like four times and one of them was ultimately canceled.

Do not recommend.

Well, the Card company was the one being dense :p
You didn't used Paypal?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not sure, actually. If you're asking if I pay for expedited shipping, then no, I don't; I just use the free shipping for everything I buy online. I bought a Japanese Lucario and a German Wii Fit Trainer from ebay and they took longer to arrive (for obvious reasons), but my Greninja and Jigglypuff arrived only 4 days after placing my order.

I'll be buying Japanese :4palutena: and :4zss: amiibos once I get my paycheck and it'll be from ebay that I'll order them. Honestly, ebay is pretty great if you don't mind paying $20-30 for each amiibo (and even more if you want a rarer one :/).

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

The shipping is expensive?

I bet it was a Woody :4dk:
I'm US east coast and the shipping was around 15 bucks (but I think I got a faster shipping option because the cheapest was about a month)

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Well, the Card company was the one being dense :p
You didn't used Paypal?
No, I didn't, my parents helped me there so they just decided to use credit.

Doesn't change the fact that the order for super delayed and one of the amiibo ended up being cancelled :/

Top Bottom