• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
We were talking about temperatures?
It's 23 c over here and it seems like I'll stay that way for a while.
Its nice though. I can't stand hot temperatures.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man I really want to visit Canada, the weather looks so mild there

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So far, the weather over here has been a mix of sunny, cloudy and rainy.

Make up your mind weather! >:C
I have that weather here, but with extreme heat :p
I prefer cold temps, even if they're below freezing point

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I have that weather here, but with extreme heat :p
I prefer cold temps, even if they're below freezing point
Canada definitely gets extreme cold temperatures during the winter.
The summers can get pretty extreme as well but this year it's been noticably mild.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm pretty sure we've coverd it like 368363 times that Sakurai wasn't making SSB4 as a 1v1 in the first place.
Not to mention that Sakurai has said before that some moves just don't work in 1v1 (I think he used Warlock Punch as an example).
Well, it is more fun than "But Brawl Zelda had..."
Can I like sig this or something?
I believe in no god, but right now I do. Praying for anyone who's been taken out at 80% by Roy's Fsmash. You will forever be remembered.
On of of AceStarThe3rd's FG videos he KO'd a Meta Knight at 45% slightly off center from the middle.
Guys what is the weather like where you are
atm it's 113 degrees here and I'm like melting
It's 80°F where I live, and its been cloudy and sprinkling all day.
Dthrow > bait airdodge > falling nair > elevator/usmash is now officially my favorite thing
IKR. Is there even a point in going for kicks after it now? Well, unless the Nair combo won't work on that character, but still. Kicks just seem like a bad option now.

Speaking of Dthrow combos, if they airdodge our Uair follow-up, does the reduced landing lag allow us to semi-frame trap them? This could be very good.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Speaking of ssb fe chars, now that that discussion ended I'll bring up a dumb thing I discovered between Marth/Marthette and Roy.

Like, all of Roy's Marth-esque attacks' FAFs are literally all 5 frames earlier bar his smashes

And all hit on the same fast frames

And have pretty much all equal (Or better like Fsmash) range

And have an ezpz hit system unlike 'oops I tippered u Marth'

And do higher damage numbers on his "Basers" :secretkpop: than Martha's tipper damage

And no doubt KOs earlier on each of those moves b/c of it.

Did I mention he's literally a 100% better Marth.

Oh yeah, and his non-Marth-esque attacks are on average even more than 5F quicker

Oh yeah and his FAir has way less landing lag, and no doubt so do the others

I mean, like, there is something wrong with how much better his data is than Marcina's.

:4feroy:

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
IKR. Is there even a point in going for kicks after it now? Well, unless the Nair combo won't work on that character, but still. Kicks just seem like a bad option now.

Speaking of Dthrow combos, if they airdodge our Uair follow-up, does the reduced landing lag allow us to semi-frame trap them? This could be very good.
All I use kicks for is dthrow nair > fair/bair but otherwise I don't use them too much...rarely I'll use them if I predict an aerial approach but otherwise not really

Omg...I hadn't even thought about frame trapping! That sounds super interesting. I'm going to try and look into that

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Speaking of ssb fe chars, now that that discussion ended I'll bring up a dumb thing I discovered between Marth/Marthette and Roy.

Like, all of Roy's Marth-esque attacks' FAFs are literally all 5 frames earlier bar his smashes

And do higher damage numbers on his "Basers" :secretkpop: than Martha's tipper damage

Oh yeah, and his non-Marth-esque attacks are on average even more than 5F quicker

I mean, like, there is something wrong with how much better his data is than Marcina's.

Dang.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
:4feroy: in a nutshell

Better, Faster, Stronger ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Poor Martha, even his female clone is better... which is good for me because I main her

Soul.

Poor Roy doesn't get jank; he could have received Crescent Blazer and make fun of Marcina rn

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Yeah there is no competition to whose gonna be a better character.

Sorry @ Moydow Moydow bby, I love him too, but Marth really can be two tiers lower than Roy.
That explains why I hate that matchup so bad.

I hate fighting Marth and Roy is dumber Marth ok.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

#paytowin

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
All I use kicks for is dthrow nair > fair/bair but otherwise I don't use them too much...rarely I'll use them if I predict an aerial approach but otherwise not really
I better not hear any complaining when they get nerfed in the next patch due to Sakurai overhearing that kicks are useless/never used anymore.:troll::secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Poor Roy doesn't get jank; he could have received Crescent Blazer and make fun of Marcina rn
Crescent Blazer would legit be laughable.

Considering Roy can combo FAir into Blazer as it is.

His FAir has less endlag than Melee Marth's.

Let that sink in.

:secretkpop::4feroy::secretkpop:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@ BJN39 BJN39 how is Lucina compared to Marth? (hitboxes, frames, etc.)
Completely identical in terms of frame data. She's shorter, which gives her a smaller hurtbox, but also shortens her range slightly too.

Yeah there is no competition to whose gonna be a better character.

Sorry @ Moydow Moydow bby, I love him too, but Marth really can be two tiers lower than Roy.
I still think Marth is closer to him than people think, but *shrug* Maybe not better than Roy, but Marth isn't as bad as everyone thinks.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
At least dlc chars don't get exposed to the cancer meta we call 'customs'.

They join the roster nice and pure.

Roy is hella overrated my God, he's not even that much better(if at all) than Marth and he's definitely not better than Ike. this is default btw, customs he gets invalidated by the two heck even Lucina is better.

Kirby should be above MK no way in hell is MK as good as Kirby in that janky meta, like if you use any character that does well in customs and lose to default MK you've got issues.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I predict he might damage nerfs later or maybe some slower moves in the future.
But we just have to stick with what we got.

But hey, at least we won't see any Sheiks, Luigis or Diddys win alot of Tournaments because of him. :3

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Completely identical in terms of frame data. She's shorter, which gives her a smaller hurtbox, but also shortens her range slightly too.
But she's technically better than him right?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Is Cancer Blazer going to become a thing?

I better not hear any complaining when they get nerfed in the next patch due to Sakurai overhearing that kicks are useless/never used anymore.:troll::secretkpop:
Well, kicks still have their place, just not in Dthrow anymore (well, occasionally, but it's still outclassed by Nair IMO). Dtilt>kick or a classic Dtilt>bait dodge>kicks is still a good way to end a stock early. I've turned losing situations into winning ones with that.

Soul.

Crescent Blazer would legit be laughable.

Considering Roy can combo FAir into Blazer as it is.

His FAir has less endlag than Melee Marth's.

Let that sink in.

:secretkpop::4feroy::secretkpop:
how. i mean it's a custom! doesn't everyone love customs?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ BJN39 BJN39 how is Lucina compared to Marth? (hitboxes, frames, etc.)
Their frame data is literally identical, outside apparently 1 accidental non-identical by 1 frame buff on them. (Some frame transition on Jab is 1 frame faster for Marth iirc.)
Edit : Moydow stated it better, smaller hurt-box/range.

Her damage is somewhere a little under right in the middle point of Marth's attacks, obviously.

Iirc her range is a tiny bit worse, but no tippers combined with Fsmash/Usmash is lol and gives her easier KO moves in comparison to Marth who is 100% reliant on tippers for KOs, even if they're more powerful.

One thing that's special for Lucina is that since Marth's tippers do increased hit-lag, they're more unsafe on block. Lucina obviously doesn't have the same issue. Power-shielding Marth's tipper Fsmash is like power shielding Zelda's sweet-spot LKs. AKA, free punish.

Also Lucina is better because her costume swaps have hair color changes :4lucina:

#oop ninja'd

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
But she's technically better than him right?
No, Marth has tippers. You play Marth and Lucina basically identically (i.e. spacing and keeping the enemy at sword's length), so you should be aiming for where Marth's tipper is with Lucina anyway. Plus Marth can use the sourspot to set up tippers, and his sourspots are safer on shield than Lucina's everything. (his tippers are less safe, though)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
@ BJN39 BJN39 can you give me a kiss
I'm fine by it. :p
Embarrass

I predict he might damage nerfs later or maybe some slower moves in the future.
But we just have to stick with what we got.

But hey, at least we won't see any Sheiks, Luigis or Diddys win alot of Tournaments because of him. :3
so long as they don't do the melee and give him 0 hitstun on nontippers
how. i mean it's a custom! doesn't everyone love customs?
no, we shouldn't even have began it in the first place

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ Rickster Rickster I don't think you can frame trap with uair

So I'm playing as Shulk against this Little Mac and he's at like 120% so I activate Smash while he's offstage. He uses his up b under the lip of the stage but it didn't sweetspot so I used dsmash and he got stake spiked completely vertically downwards LOL

we don't tech those

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Rickster Rickster I don't think you can frame trap with uair

So I'm playing as Shulk against this Little Mac and he's at like 120% so I activate Smash while he's offstage. He uses his up b under the lip of the stage but it didn't sweetspot so I used dsmash and he got stake spiked completely vertically downwards LOL

we don't tech those
Dang it...does Uair still have too much landing lag or can the opponent just jump away after airdodging?

Oh well at least if we do miss the Uair it's slightly less horrible. Slightly.

Top Bottom