• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Someone please tell me whether Falco was nerfed this patch or not

I can't keep up with the bird anymore.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Uh. Right. Good night. Oh and if anyone's willing to, can someone make my avatar transparent since I suck? Not forcing anyone but if anyone can, thaaaaaaanks

night gurls
send me the pic
I suck at making tier lists
I'm assuming customs cause DK
ayy lmao Kirby in the right(ish) place
This is pretty accurate tbh, aside from a few things

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Customs off?
Customs on. Pika might be lower in a customs off environment. :secretkpop:
Someone please tell me whether Falco was nerfed this patch or not

I can't keep up with the bird anymore.
Falco got buffed. Fair is faster, Uair is frame 7 instead of 11, Nair is a lot better, but he still is bad. :^)

> Roy in B tier
> Marth in E tier

Marth sucks. :^(

Roy has better range, more reliable killing power, and speed rip

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco got buffed. Fair is faster, Uair is frame 7 instead of 11, Nair is a lot better, but he still is bad. :^)
According to Thinkaman's data dump, Uair is frame 8 instead of 10 - I have no idea why people think it's frame 11 -, Fair is frame 10 instead of 12, each hit of Fair except the last hit, hits 2 frames faster, and jab 2 links to rapid jab 1 frame faster.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
>Royfags
>Marth mains
>Ike mains
>Lucina mains
>That Robin guy
>Marth got buffed
>Marth invalidates Roy in customs
>Royfags still gotta prove that they're better
>Marth mains give no ****s
>Ike mains are waiting for their next buff happily
>Lucina mains are forgotten because she's fodder
>Robin mains are at the bottom of the food chain watching the Royfags trying to gain Marth mains attention from the distance

Sm4sh FE in a nutshell.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
>Royfags
>Marth mains
>Ike mains
>Lucina mains
>That Robin guy
>Marth got buffed
>Marth invalidates Roy in customs
>Royfags still gotta prove that they're better
>Marth mains give no ****s
>Ike mains are waiting for their next buff happily
>Lucina mains are forgotten because she's fodder
>Robin mains are at the bottom of the food chain watching the Royfags trying to gain Marth mains attention from the distance

Sm4sh FE in a nutshell.
You forgot the people that don't main any FE characters that are crying because ":4feroy: is the new :4falcon:, and :4marth:/:4lucina:still sucks."

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I spent $20 on the Smash DLC yesterday then immediately went back to Splatoon an hour later. I think I may be addicted to murdering squid kids. August can't come soon enough... I need competitive Splatoon in my life gorls!

Roy is pretty fun though. Ryu I have not played a street fighter game since I was like 8 so I honestly didn't know what I was doing lol. I learned the inputs for both Hadoukens and the side kicks then kinda got bored after that. I have not got around to trying out Lucas yet.

Also started recording Splatoons on my channel last week. #SplatoonSocial :happysheep:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You forgot the people that don't main any FE characters that are crying because ":4feroy: is the new :4falcon:, and :4marth:/:4lucina:still sucks."
Will admit, some of Roy's moves can be a nightmare to deal with. Heck, I did face against some in some friendlies with some of you guys online.

Still need to get that Ken Combo down with Roy. Since he can actually Ken Combo.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Roy has better range, more reliable killing power, and speed rip
"Better range" is just his f-smash, and that's the sourspot anyway.
"More reliable killing power" - Marth's new jab 1 > f-smash and buffed Dolphin Slash say hi
I know Roy has better air speed, or at least is heavier, and a faster faller- but how do their walking speeds compare?

As for match-ups - Marth beats every character you have in E and F except Dedede (not sure about WFT since I haven't played enough of them), most of D, and some of C as well. He goes fairly even with a few of the higher tiers as well.

I'd personally have Marth somewhere in the upper half of your C tier (the exact middle of the list), and Roy lower down in B tier, but that's just my opinion.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Wanna know the difference between C.Meme and Boy? C.Meme is a top tier with cancer neutral game, Roy isn't anywhere near his level.

Falcon is annoying because he's so good, you can flow chart your way to victory. Roy gets floored because for some reason going aggressive against MK is genius!!

In terms of threat levels

Marth > Ike > The rest.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Since we're talking Emblems, messing with Roy. His throws are like, some of the best things about him, damn.

D-Throw is self explanatory I feel no need to talk about it.

F-Throw is just ridiculous against most of the cast. F-Throw -> Run -> SHFF (emptyjump) and you cover basically all of their immediate options and can react accordingly to followups (at low %). It helps that he has great run speed and good grab range to make landing his throws really feasible.

F-Throw -> Run -> SHFF -> Dtilt covers a lot, if they tech and shield expecting an attack you just regrab and maybe D-Throw? It's probably one of the easiest mixup throws in the game IMO.

Really good char overall IMO, will probably be viable for most of the game. I think him, Marth, and Ike are all very very good and ready for tournament use (Marth's buffed jab, Ike's buffed everything). Like, Marth's buffed jab gives him SOOOO much options it's insane, off of a JAB! It's awesome. Ike just had a lot of his MU ****ery issues fixed with all the improvements he got.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Will admit, some of Roy's moves can be a nightmare to deal with. Heck, I did face against some in some friendlies with some of you guys online.

Still need to get that Ken Combo down with Roy. Since he can actually Ken Combo.
It's true that Roy obviously has a lot going for him. The first match I played as him, I was thinking to myself, "Oh god, he's a monster without trying. I must stay off online for months until Roy hype dies down." (Of course that had some sarcasm in it but you get the point). It just saddens me that Roy's sweetspot is extremely easy to land and super powerful, meanwhile Marth's requires much more skill, and he's laggier. Roy is being seen as the new Marth, since Marth isn't top tier anymore.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Since we're talking Emblems, messing with Roy. His throws are like, some of the best things about him, damn.

D-Throw is self explanatory I feel no need to talk about it.

F-Throw is just ridiculous against most of the cast. F-Throw -> Run -> SHFF (emptyjump) and you cover basically all of their immediate options and can react accordingly to followups (at low %). It helps that he has great run speed and good grab range to make landing his throws really feasible.

F-Throw -> Run -> SHFF -> Dtilt covers a lot, if they tech and shield expecting an attack you just regrab and maybe D-Throw? It's probably one of the easiest mixup throws in the game IMO.

Really good char overall IMO, will probably be viable for most of the game. I think him, Marth, and Ike are all very very good and ready for tournament use (Marth's buffed jab, Ike's buffed everything). Like, Marth's buffed jab gives him SOOOO much options it's insane, off of a JAB! It's awesome. Ike just had a lot of his MU ****ery issues fixed with all the improvements he got.
Don't forget that Roy has that pretty good regrab with D-Throw > Jab > Dash (x2). That's a good combo starter and having an Up B that kills is quite awesome. And I do agree, his Throws are amazing. Not kill worthy like Marth or Lucina's. But still damn good. And don't get me started on SHFAir > IASA Up B.

It's true that Roy obviously has a lot going for him. The first match I played as him, I was thinking to myself, "Oh god, he's a monster without trying. I must stay off online for months until Roy hype dies down." (Of course that had some sarcasm in it but you get the point). It just saddens me that Roy's sweetspot is extremely easy to land and super powerful, meanwhile Marth's requires much more skill, and he's laggier. Roy is being seen as the new Marth, since Marth isn't top tier anymore.
Definitely, but if they did make Roy's sweetspot harder to hit, then I feel like he'd plummet to maybe Mid Tier or around the bottom of Mid. His Recovery isn't that great, but his Kill power is insane. It's almost like as if everyone just became the weight of :4mewtwo:/:4jigglypuff:

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Roy's sweetspot was always easier to land with due to how the leniency is. It's much easier to space things when the spacing is literally just "be close to them." His sweetspot hitboxes I believe take priority over his tipped hitboxes, whereas Marth is the opposite so it's always been a matter of additional precision.

The problem is Roy was...incredibly underwhelming in Melee and his recovery was worse there because of how Blazer is never going to get you on-stage ever. Ever. Back when ledgehogging was a thing.....yeah.

Although I can't fully justify Roy's FSmash at the base with that 20% damage LOL. The fact that Roy's FSmash is SUPREMELY hard to misspace (it has 2 good hitboxes, the close one for 20%, the farther one for 17%, and the VERY VERY tip for the **** part) makes it even better. If you get the 20% one you KNOW they're dead, 17% one it's just highly likely.

Last edited:
"Better range" is just his f-smash, and that's the sourspot anyway.
"More reliable killing power" - Marth's new jab 1 > f-smash and buffed Dolphin Slash say hi
I know Roy has better air speed, or at least is heavier, and a faster faller- but how do their walking speeds compare?

As for match-ups - Marth beats every character you have in E and F except Dedede (not sure about WFT since I haven't played enough of them), most of D, and some of C as well. He goes fairly even with a few of the higher tiers as well.

I'd personally have Marth somewhere in the upper half of your C tier (the exact middle of the list), and Roy lower down in B tier, but that's just my opinion.
Marth has a better recovery too. As much as I love our boy, I honestly can't see Roy in Top tier.
Edit: Also, I haven't really messed with Crouch-Cancelling in this game. Can somebody play around with CC'ing Roy's moves?

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Definitely, but if they did make Roy's sweetspot harder to hit, then I feel like he'd plummet to maybe Mid Tier or around the bottom of Mid. His Recovery isn't that great, but his Kill power is insane. It's almost like as if everyone just became the weight of :4mewtwo:/:4jigglypuff:
I believe in no god, but right now I do. Praying for anyone who's been taken out at 80% by Roy's Fsmash. You will forever be remembered.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Marth has a better recovery too. As much as I love our boy, I honestly can't see Roy in Top tier.
Top is a vast overestimate for the character. I see him in A/B tier, AKA competitively viable, but he's not ridiculously good enough to be a top tier. He has nothing noticeably safe to spam in neutral, and while recovery is a minor flaw, it's coupled with the former and is a thing. His disadvantage state is also pretty bleh (though not the worst by a long shot). His strengths keep him from being mediocre or bad, but his flaws def prevent him from being overly dominant vs. the cast.

You could probably call him Sword Falcon without a flowchart neutral and be mostly correct. M

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Preach Brudda!
I believe in no god, but right now I do. Praying for anyone who's been taken out at 80% by Roy's Fsmash. You will forever be remembered.
Hey Donuts, have you ever wanted to crop images from a Wii U game upload using the Wii U's internet browser? Go here! http://www190.lunapic.com/editor/ , or just make a gravatar account (you'll need it to upload the pic anyway, like yours truly ;)

Last edited:
Top is a vast overestimate for the character. I see him in A/B tier, AKA competitively viable, but he's not ridiculously good enough to be a top tier. He has nothing noticeably safe to spam in neutral, and while recovery is a minor flaw, it's coupled with the former and is a thing. His disadvantage state is also pretty bleh (though not the worst by a long shot). His strengths keep him from being mediocre or bad, but his flaws def prevent him from being overly dominant vs. the cast.

You could probably call him Sword Falcon without a flowchart neutral and be mostly correct. M
I didn't mean top of the top lol I meant around S/A/ and maybe top of B tier. Nonetheless, he is a pretty solid character, and I am glad he's SO better here than in Melee. I still have nightmares from it. (He was my secondary)

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Also if we're talking Customs On (since I ASSUME we're going @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 list) then I think Marth is slightly better because Crescent Slash really is that good. No, really, it is. Easy to confirm into (low % throws, Fair, JAB NOW), kills at the edge at good %s.

Neuters his recovery a bit though IMO, but....it's a worth it tradeoff. Customs Marth is REALLY, REALLY good now with a proper jab. Like scary good.

I have to agree, the fact that they actually DID make Roy good was refreshing. When he was confirmed I was initially thinking "If Mewtwo was still ass, wtf is this char gonna be?" Well, I was pleasantly surprised....

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I would agree with your statement that Marth does beat or is at least even with the majority of the E and F characters I have proposed. But not Little Mac. I'm pretty sure it's a -2 or perhaps worse for Marth. As for D and C, there might be a chance that he beats some characters there (like Meta Knight for sure) but I really think he does struggle in trying to stand out and be better than others.

I'll post my customless tier list when I get back home.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
My Older Brother's logic with Smash Bros.

*picks Little Mac all the time*

Zanda: Why don't you play as anyone else? You used to always play Ike on Brawl.
Bro: Little Mac my N***a, No one got time for Ike.
Zanda: Alrighty then. *Picks Zelda*
Bro: Zelda some trash, haha.
4 Minutes Later.
"And the winner is.....Zelda!"
Zanda: Yesss I beat you!
Bro: You cheated.
Zanda: No I didn't, I won against you, and the stupid CPUs!
Bro: You some ***.
Zanda: But I-!
Bro: You sorry. Ahahaaa! *leaves room*
Zanda: *generates Salt*

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Hey Donuts, have you ever wanted to crop images from a Wii U game upload using the Wii U's internet browser? Go here! http://www190.lunapic.com/editor/ , or just make a gravatar account (you'll need it to upload the pic anyway, like yours truly ;)
Hahaha thanks. Is this some strange promotion or something? Anyways, I planned on trying to get a Smash related avatar from screenshots I've taken, so I'll look into this actually. Still love my Momiji though. :upsidedown: I was proud of her during my DOA reign.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Also real talk IDK about :4mewtwo: on that list, he was already pretty bad in No Customs IMO, I can't see him that high (mostly because all of his good points as a char IMO are overshadowed because he dies too fast to properly utilize any of them). The fact that a lot of chars in Customs get even better options in neutral against Mewtwo ails him further, and the Customs that set up for early kills on chars of much greater weight than Mewtwo just expound Mewtwo's crap cause he's tall too. He has everything you need to be an above average char but his weight makes it all nonexistant because the risk greatly outweighs the reward in the long haul. Poor *******, should've had his Melee weight (or like, a weight of 85-92).

Also think Customs On Mario should be higher because Scalding FLUDD is stupid and is a disjoint that combos into grab and is also + on shield (depending on spacing, tested by Mario boards). It's a secret ridiculous custom.

I have to agree about :4littlemac: with Customs. He was like, counterpick char in No Customs but in Customs it's like, windboxes everywhere. That's just....awful for Little Mac.

Last edited:
Top Bottom