• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Nah, only used ZSS in the MM and some friendlies. Did enough to get the 25 cents but I got bopped hard in friendlies with her.
wait I thought it was 10 cents

Those are some pretty high stakes 0_o

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Nah, only used ZSS in the MM and some friendlies. Did enough to get the 25 cents but I got bopped hard in friendlies with her. Zelderly did enough to get me to 4-1 in pools for my online tourney (I did some of my pool matches for that tourney in the local monthly haha), but I think I'll be switching back to Zelda in bracket. I'm confident I'll place higher in this tourney than in the local yesterday :^(

Baka-chan how do you not get 13th pls
Hmmm.... let Dr. berserker00, S.D. (The better baka-chan also that means Smash Doctor not Self-Destruct) diagnose your problem....

After brainstorming and thorough examination, I've finally detected your problem.
the problem.png

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
38 frames

It is the safest smash in the game.
Cool stuff :lick:
I still want a slight hitbox size buff (I shouldn't miss when I'm touching the opponent with the back of my head when the move starts while Mario gets to hit like half a character behind him or more. Maybe the hitboxes just aren't out then though)

How's buffed dtilt, by the by?
A lot closer to Brawl DTilt now as far as a "get off me" attack goes, only with more janky anti-air shenanigans (apparently the windbox scales with damage according to the dump????) and a lot more endlag.

Additionally according to Thinkaman's 1.0.4/1.0.6 comparison UTilt wasn't changed, but he DOES list a few "unknown changes" and maybe it's in there. I just swear it hits more behind him now (that's more than a 100 degree angle I promise)

I'm sad that I was so excited for purple Roy but we just don't mesh very well, why can't Marth have a purple color? :v

I always knew @ Macchiato Macchiato would go back to Wii Fit, that's where her soul belongs and I'm glad to see her back to her origins. Lol
I wish Marth kept his White color from melee because his hair looked pretty cool. Here, it's just the same blue everywhere. :^(

Also, for Roy MU tips. If this Roy is like any Roy before, Crouch cancelling invalidates him completely. It makes me really sad. Also, don't approach. Let him do it, he's the one who has the hit the base. (You know what I mean:secretkpop:) His DED isn't as useful in this game, because he can't turn around while doing it. I can't really think of anything else, crouch cancelling kinda wins it for you.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
wait I thought it was 10 cents

Those are some pretty high stakes 0_o
Yeah, we changed it last minute, but in the end I had to donate the quarter to one of the guys who needed bus money. He was also one of the people I lost to. :^(
Make reads and laugh hysterically

Edit: In all seriousness, just rely on your neutral and spacing. Make good reads. Something along the lines of knowing when to play safe or be dumb and risky

Er.. yeah. Eat noodles before going to tournaments?
If anything, I think I was too thirsty for reads that actually cost me the tournament. Wasn't going for enough free damage and threw out too many unsafe moves.

I'll post my entire tourney log here, I guess. STREAM LINK HERE.
Before the tournament, we had a crew battle (2:14:06), and I was up against a :4lucario:who just 3-stocked one of my teammates. I told my team I was confident in the MU. I got a hard air dodge read from the Dthrow into falling Nair -> FW which almost killed and got everyone in the venue so hyped. Too bad I lost 2 stocks but I did beat the guy. That kinda got me during the tourney and I really wanted to do more reads where it really wasn't necessary because EVERYONE WAS DI'ING THE DTHROW THE WRONG WAY. I proceeded to lose to a :4rob:because dying at 55% on Dreamland is a thing. :^(

Pools Log

vs :4myfriends:(2-0) I SEEM TO FACE THIS GUY EVERY TIME NOW AND I NOW FEEL BAD FOR ALWAYS BEATING HIM AND THUS ELIMINATING HIM IN POOLS)
vs :4ganondorf: (2-0)
vs :4zss::4greninja: (2-0) [03:49:20]
vs :4duckhunt: (2-0)
vs :4ganondorf::4dk::4rob: (1-2) Long history with this guy, he was the first guy that eliminated me in my first tourney. I was so close to taking him out (8th in our PR) but I choked so hard second match ; w ; [04:36:00]
vs :4pikachu:(0-2) CAN'T BEAT THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THE REGION RIP ME VS CAPTAIN L

4-2, barely making top 16. :^)

Bracket Log

vs :4falcon:(0-2) CAN'T BEAT BIG D K
vs :4lucario::4charizard: (1-2) Same Lucario guy, beat him first game, but he THREW ME OFF and went Zard on Duck Hunt. ZARD KILLS WITH HIS UTHROW ON THAT STAGE AT 70% BAN ZARD. Did a lot better against him 3rd match but I was getting caught playing scared. Got grabbed a lot and Fsmash sealed my fate. :^(

Online Tourney Pools
:4miisword:vs:4lucas:(0-2)
:4miisword:vs:4myfriends:(2-1) CAPE TOO OP

4-1 in pools, probably will make it out, even perhaps being top seed.

Money Match
:4zss:vs:4zss: (3-2) Every time my opponent won, he 2-stocked me. Every time I won, it was very close. But I took it. Now he's our region's biggest FRAUD (not really but he's now pretty hard on himself rip)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Additionally according to Thinkaman's 1.0.4/1.0.6 comparison UTilt wasn't changed, but he DOES list a few "unknown changes" and maybe it's in there. I just swear it hits more behind him now (that's more than a 100 degree angle I promise)
Yeah I dunno what to make of that

It definitely sends at a much more shallow angle though, iirc Shaya said it'd have something to do with hitboxes being tilted along with the bone or something (not something I've heard of before, but the theory makes sense). Compare older versions with newer ones and the launch angle at 999% with no DI is way different.

If anything, I think I was too thirsty for reads that actually cost me the tournament. Wasn't going for enough free damage and threw out too many unsafe moves.
Yeah. Being too hungry for the reads really costs ya. I also really hate it when I don't make the most out of all my punishment opportunities :|

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Chinese Food, and Sushi~

Hopefully i'm not eating a rat XP.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Zelda's Landing Lag after a perfect lightining kick is too much. She didn't need even more lag at all.

You had one job, Sakudork, and you failed miserably at it. GG, can't wait to see Farore's Wind get nerfed.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Wii Fit Trainer...why does you crawl like that? You must got squirrels/ants in your pants to be kissing the floor in-between inhumane hops.

"Let's get a goood stretch!"? Honey, aint no one got time for dat.

Try-hard sass is worst sass.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
There are a lot of fetishes I don't get.
And frankly, I never want to.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gorls, the Lemon Bar Frappuccino at starbucks is amazing. It's sweet, but not overly sweet and is a little bit sour which I like omg.
View attachment 57858
I got that last week. I liked the little crunchy things they put in it.

I really want to try the Red Velvet Cake one, but Phil said it was gross so idk.

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
I agree, if they could make her act out of it in the air, then it'd have some use.

SOME.
But if they did, she might get IASA frames during the end frames. :troll:
if they do that then Sheik should also be able to move after throwing her grenade :troll:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I changed my username

The B is now capitalized

Thank god
Now maybe people will take Shulk's Buster Art more seriously now!
There are a lot of fetishes I don't get.
And frankly, I never want to.
Fetishes that you're not into are best avoided :ohwell:
The least you can do is understand what those people have to go through.

Trust me, there are ALOT of people here on Smashboards with fetishes (not me), so we need to respect them, rather liked or not.
this is a tragedy.

EDIT: Also hi everyone!
Hey Elsa~

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Hello @♥Zanda•JGPT♥! Actually speaking of Elsa I should probably change my avatar. I am no longer a space Elsa main so it doesn't fit anymore.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The least you can do is understand what those people have to go through.

Trust me, there are ALOT of people here on Smashboards with fetishes (not me), so we need to respect them, rather liked or not.
Well yeah that much I'm aware of. I'm not going to go around demeaning others for what fetish they have.

Top Bottom