• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Love Rosalina. Hate ha board. Honestly Zelda boards feel like the only boards based around a female character where the majority of her player base is sane.
Y'all so far from sane it isn't even funny

But it's in a good way so it's okay ❤

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm glad that there's someone else who feel the same about Rosie. It's sad that so much of her fanbase revolves around sexualizing her. Also,gj avoiding the Rosie threads because there's a certain Rosalina main who legit insane and terrifies me how psychotic he is. He posts everywhere so you've probs seen him. I don't want to mention him by name since i feel that's kinda rude but if you know who I'm talking about, you know what I mean immediately.

This is really random but I think i might make a poll on the Rosie boards about what Rosie costume everyone uses in smash and i just want to see if you'd think that would be a good idea? idk why but it's something i care about lol
Yeah, I definitely avoid things like Google Images for that reason. Don't need to see any of that. And I think I took one look at the Rosie boards when I was browsing through each of my mains, and just decided to stick with the Zelda social since you guys seem to be a lot of fun. Not sure if I know who you're talking about.. I didn't spend long there.

And as for costumes, I like the neutral, pink, and green palettes, but I usually use the black and white dresses the most, white preferred obviously. And I vote up for your idea since most people have their palette preferences, and it's interesting to see which ones are used the most.

Love Rosalina. Hate ha board. Honestly Zelda boards feel like the only boards based around a female character where the majority of her player base is sane.

... this place? SANE?
AAAHAHHA.

But no, I see where you're coming from.

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
I actually really liked skyward sword i agree that it was a little bit too linear and a tad unimaginative by the fifth time we had to kill a billion boblins outside of the dungeon before getting to the actual dungeon but other than that its all good.

Well except for Fi telling me that my remote batteries were low everytime i played it.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It really saddens me that we have literally 10 female characters (and that's counting both Power Suit Samus and Sheik) and yet people complain about there being too many women in the game :/

edit:
Yeah, I definitely avoid things like Google Images for that reason. Don't need to see any of that. And I think I took one look at the Rosie boards when I was browsing through each of my mains, and just decided to stick with the Zelda social since you guys seem to be a lot of fun. Not sure if I know who you're talking about.. I didn't spend long there.

And as for costumes, I like the neutral, pink, and green palettes, but I usually use the black and white dresses the most, white preferred obviously. And I vote up for your idea since most people have their palette preferences, and it's interesting to see which ones are used the most.
I'll have to go through some old posts of the guy's on the Rosie boards and quote them here bc they're pretty hilarious on how strange he is.

I have this things where I never use the default palette in smash. Idk i just can't. I think it's the same reason why i only use shinies in pokemon.

I like the green the most, but I like black and purple a lot too. Pink is pretty good, too. I'll probs create the poll thread tomorrow after school so I guess I'll pm you the link or something, if you'd like?

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I actually really liked skyward sword i agree that it was a little bit too linear and a tad unimaginative by the fifth time we had to kill a billion boblins outside of the dungeon before getting to the actual dungeon but other than that its all good.

Well except for Fi telling me that my remote batteries were low everytime i played it.
Or telling you you're dying when you obviously can't hear the annoying every-other-second alarm and see yourself flashing red like your near-empty health meter. Yeah, Fi. Thank you kindly, for I would not have known of my impending death otherwise.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Earth temple is Jalhalla (pig)

WW kinda being discussion for now so maybe a post on that? Before I put a couple paragraphs though, I just wanna point out I 100% the games I've played. TP 3 times and WW twice (in a way) right now holding off on defeating ganon solely because I'm missing a couple statues.

Wind Waker is a nice game and all. A Link that showed emotion, favorite Ganon to date where I almost felt like spending 150+ for those WWHD collectible Ganon figmas. Brown Sugar.

But it had a huge amount of flaws. It only had 5 dungeons not including mini one to ganon, the sea was absolutely mind numbing, I don't even wanna hear that song anymore. With it being so incredibly big, going to each square for a tiny island or literally nothing there was really obnoxious, and cause 100% also having to have bait for the fishman.

It was incredibly easy to be knocked out of the boat when doing side quests, and any small islands that did kinda matter for new items or a heart piece used other items to fill in that void that people bring up all the time "y we not use dis item outside of dunginz?" You wanna use it again? Here's 4 tiny islands on opposite sides of the map, enjoy. Item handling was the same problem with OoT water temple.

WW is just a giant fetch quest game too. Whether it's main story or side quests. And when you factor in this is WW, not WWHD where you have the swift sail... again breaking your brain.

Thankfully WWHD fixed some of the boat and item issues but stuff like 5 dungeons and item use outside of dungeon still of course can't be changed from original. There's more on the list and swimming in my head, but honestly if I was to point it out. It's most likely something the person I linked last page brought up.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ugh, do you know who isn't sane, the women who are constantly annoying me! Gah!
Why me..... I thought that was a perk of being a geek...
I just want I play Smash and talk about Zelda with my friends on the Internet. Is that too much to ask for?

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
I played a few FG matches as Peach. I've only used her once or twice in the previous Smash games, so I never realized how fun the floating mechanic is until now.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
It felt like a hassle to play the song of time every 3 seconds to avoid getting destroyed by the terrifying moon
I know this was hyperbole but...lol. You guys were aware of a method to slow down time rather drastically in MM, yes? Don't kill me for asking.

Rosie used to be cool. My go-to character in MK. Probs Nintendo's best new character of the past decade.

Not anymore.

Ugh, do you know who isn't sane, the women who are constantly annoying me! Gah!
Why me..... I thought that was a perk of being a geek...
I just want I play Smash and talk about Zelda with my friends on the Internet. Is that too much to ask for?
Why do I get the impression that you're a tall, muscular dude with glasses trying to fish for some compliments from us gorls?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

WW kinda being discussion for now so maybe a post on that? Before I put a couple paragraphs though, I just wanna point out I 100% the games I've played. TP 3 times and WW twice (in a way) right now holding off on defeating ganon solely because I'm missing a couple statues.

Wind Waker is a nice game and all. A Link that showed emotion, favorite Ganon to date where I almost felt like spending 150+ for those WWHD collectible Ganon figmas. Brown Sugar.

But it had a huge amount of flaws. It only had 5 dungeons not including mini one to ganon, the sea was absolutely mind numbing, I don't even wanna hear that song anymore. With it being so incredibly big, going to each square for a tiny island or literally nothing there was really obnoxious, and cause 100% also having to have bait for the fishman.

It was incredibly easy to be knocked out of the boat when doing side quests, and any small islands that did kinda matter for new items or a heart piece used other items to fill in that void that people bring up all the time "y we not use dis item outside of dunginz?" You wanna use it again? Here's 4 tiny islands on opposite sides of the map, enjoy. Item handling was the same problem with OoT water temple.

Thankfully WWHD fixed some of the boat and item issues but stuff like 5 dungeons and item use outside of dungeon still of course can't be changed from original. There's more on the list and swimming in my head, but honestly if I was to point it out. It's most likely something the person I linked last page brought up.
As much as I like WW, it is definitely flawed and you bring up a lot of valid points. As you said, the whole ocean thing, while a neat concept, is just annoying as hell. At least you get the hurricane transport thing but that's like after the 3rd dungeon or something, which is way too late. The game also really liked to make you go somewhere for like 3 seconds but then ship you off to the opposite side of the map. Like the Jabu Jabu thing where you go to the island for 1 conversation with the rito but then you have to go back to outset. It's like they wanted to do things in the most roundabout and inefficient way possible. The whole pearls thing where you have to travel really far away to set the things was annoying too.

With the whole travel thing, the gc version didn't even have the fast sail. I can't even comprehend how people didn't off themselves and I don't want to think about it. The trade sequence without the fast sail is probably the worst thing ever.

The game was nowhere near perfect, but it still a decent entry in the LoZ franchise.

edit:
I played a few FG matches as Peach. I've only used her once or twice in the previous Smash games, so I never realized how fun the floating mechanic is until now.
I want to be good with her so badly but omg is she technical. I'm terrified to use her because I don't want to learn bad habits. And the peach mains don't tell you how to be good with her. It's like she's a secret only the elite can access lol.

edit 2: @ Phenomiracle Phenomiracle are you talking about the playing the song of time backwards trick?

Last edited:

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice

WW is just a giant fetch quest game too. Whether it's main story or side quests. And when you factor in this is WW, not WWHD where you have the swift sail... again breaking your brain.

Well if we are going to count the number of times beaten of the game mine looks like this:

Oot 7 Times beaten
MM 4 Times beaten
WW 3 Times beaten
TP 2 Times beaten
SS 2 Times beaten

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
i dont, but your avi is pretty darn cute.
Thank yee

I was referring to the guy in FMJ who goes completely insane during basic training, kills the DI in the restroom, and shoots himself in the mouth with a rifle. It's a pretty famous scene, and I could link to a YT video, but it is pretty gory...

Now that I think of it, everyone in that movie had some major mental issues. Especially that door gunner. Dude was off his rocker.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I know this was hyperbole but...lol. You guys were aware of a method to slow down time rather drastically in MM, yes? Don't kill me for asking.

Rosie used to be cool. My go-to character in MK. Probs Nintendo's best new character of the past decade.

Not anymore.

Why do I get the impression that you're a tall, muscular dude with glasses trying to fish for some compliments from us gorls?
That could not be farther from the truth. I am 5 foot 5 inches, and have very little muscle. I actually only weigh 120 pounds. And fishing for compliments? I get enough compliments from my GF, and if that weren't enough, these other women squabble for my attention and it is so annoying! The last thing I would want is to be complimented like that here. I really just want it all to stop for the sake of my girlfriend and for me. That's why I love these boards. No one is like that and I can be myself here without worrying about anything.
I do wear glasses though.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well if we are going to count the number of times beaten of the game mine looks like this:

Oot 7 Times beaten
MM 4 Times beaten
WW 3 Times beaten
TP 2 Times beaten
SS 2 Times beaten
Depends on your definition for beaten. 100%, or just getting to the Ganon fight.
Cause mine is 100%

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
That could not be farther from the truth. I am 5 foot 5 inches, and have very little muscle. I actually only weigh 120 pounds. And fishing for compliments? I get enough compliments from my GF, and if that weren't enough, these other women squabble for my attention and it is so annoying! The last thing I would want is to be complimented like that here. I really just want it all to stop for the sake of my girlfriend and for me. That's why I love these boards. No one is like that and I can be myself here without worrying about anything.
Whoa, I didn't mean that seriously. Sorry about that.

Keep your girl happy and move on. The planet is filled with people who'll want unnecessary interaction with you for all sorts of reasons. For now, it's whatever make you attractive (looks, persona), later it'll be money and status.

HAHA I knew you wore glasses. And for some reason I keep thinking Ganon players are super tall.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Awww dw lozjam, you're honestly a fun member and I'm glad you frequent the Zelda boards and that you feel you can be yourself here! As for the women pains...idk what to say? xD as long as you're happy with your gf and she's cool with it you'll be fine. I actually know a couple who have the same problem but it's the girl who constantly gets hit on :/ if her and her bf are still happy despite the fact that guys constantly flirt with her, I think you'll be fine!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yes madam. That one.

Gives you plenty of time.
The whole "3 day cycle" things still stresses me out beyond belief. Even with the slowed time, I feel that I'm not going fast enough and I'll run out of time.

It's really lame, but MM makes me nervous lol

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'm glad that there's someone else who feel the same about Rosie. It's sad that so much of her fanbase revolves around sexualizing her. Also,gj avoiding the Rosie threads because there's a certain Rosalina main who legit insane and terrifies me how psychotic he is. He posts everywhere so you've probs seen him. I don't want to mention him by name since i feel that's kinda rude but if you know who I'm talking about, you'd know what I mean.

This is really random but I think i might make a poll on the Rosie boards about what Rosie costume everyone uses in smash and i just want to see if you'd think that would be a good idea? idk why but it's something i care about lol

I just thought the statue thing was really cool the first time I played it (since the only other Zelda game I had played at that point was OoT). While the mechanic may not be completely unique to Tower of the Gods, it still felt really special to me at the time. I'm not really sure why, but it did.

Honestly, though, **** the earth and air temples in WW. They're absolutely horrible. I hate the whole "carry around this person bc I say so" thing that Zelda games like to do for some reason. At least the air temple boss was fun. (i'm p sure that's the one that splits into all the little guys).
I really want to know who that user is.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
OOT is my lovechild and anyone who bashes it is getting prosecuted.
Our love parts this very moment, and I'm afraid Jurassic Park can't remedy it U_U.

(I actually kinda like OoT but it has a lot of technical and lazy flaws design-wise, which are very understandable and super justified because 3D gaming was just making baby steps when it came out but it's one of the bigger reasons it's only the 6th or lower on my Zelda list).

I know it's annoying, probably because it's new to you (or at least it seems like it), but hey, if you're suddenly getting the attention of other women then that means you're doing something that actually makes you attractive, which isn't bad at all, and I'm sure your girlfriend will agree, even if she doesn't actively notice it.

It is somewhat worrying when coworkers or coleagues start getting crushes on you, but later on you'll get used to it, really. So long as your girlfriend trusts you and understands that you're not hitting on these people then you're gonna be fine, but the most important part about this is that you always have to be honest with her too! Which it sounds like you're doing, so there's really no problem there.

Eventually you'll learn to just ignore these advances these girls make on you, believe me :p

----

Omg @ 2004Zilla 2004Zilla I didn't notice it was an extended Groose's theme and I let it play forever 8U

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Whoa, I didn't mean that seriously. Sorry about that.

Keep your girl happy and move on. The planet is filled with people who'll want unnecessary interaction with you for all sorts of reasons. For now, it's whatever make you attractive (looks, persona), later it'll be money and status.

HAHA I knew you wore glasses. And for some reason I keep thinking Ganon players are super tall.
Thanks.
Maybe if I stop worrying about everything, everything will be ok and things will stop.
Awww dw lozjam, you're honestly a fun member and I'm glad you frequent the Zelda boards and that you feel you can be yourself here! As for the women pains...idk what to say? xD as long as you're happy with your gf and she's cool with it you'll be fine. I actually know a couple who have the same problem but it's the girl who constantly gets hit on :/ if her and her bf are still happy despite the fact that guys constantly flirt with her, I think you'll be fine!
I feel really bad for her. Nobody deserves to be pestered like that.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
IT WAS LATE AND I WAS BEING CATTY. I APOLOGIZE

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
OoT was a product of its time (pun intended), what it did to gaming in 1998 was astounding.

I neither find it overrated or underrated. It receives just the amount of respect that it deserves. Most people I see who seriously attempt to point out OoT's "flaws" are rather pretentious, honestly, just as much as those who continuously go on about other Zelda games never surpassing it in quality.

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
Psychotic might be a bit of a stretch, but he's pretty crazy. Like, attacking anyone who says anything remotely negative about Rosie, denying the truth because he doesn't like it, talking about Rosie's breast size (i'll never let that one go), etc.
Psychotic is kinda unfair. Creepy and daft are accurate.

I'd tell you the name but I feel like he'd somehow see it and then get mad at me.
Rosalina's cup size A-cups theres really no other size for her.

Take the bait

Last edited:
Top Bottom