• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Saw @ AlanHaTe AlanHaTe lurking here.

Been a while man.
Hi! I don't play much anymore because I don't have a WiiU... they're ******** expensive here, and everyone lives pretty far away from me, or just don't want to play or anything :/

The day I get my own WiiU, I'll get back in here to get updated on stuff ;D

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, Big Sis is here and I didn't even brush!

Oh, and hello to the new kids in town.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Did anyone hear Scarlett Johansson was cast to play the lead role in the live action Hollywood adaptation of Ghost in the Shell? :'D

Also, hi to everyone that's new! This thread is starting to get louder and louder...

@ AlanHaTe AlanHaTe if you live in Monterrey MAYBE we could play :p

Last edited:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I wished I lived in Monterrey :/

I live in a hole named Toluca, pretty close to Mexico City, but, still I have to travel for about 45min ;(

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I wished I lived in Monterrey :/

I live in a hole named Toluca, pretty close to Mexico City, but, still I have to travel for about 45min ;(
Omg I have family in Toluca!

...which I haven't seen in like 17 years, but hey!~

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Super late (this place moves FAST) but I really love snow! It's just...fun to play around in. The coldness of it isn't too bad if you dress right and wear gloves. It also gets you out of school, lol.

Unfortunately snow doesn't fall too much in Texas. It just gets cold here -_-. But I guess that makes it seem more special since it's such a rarity. Like @locuan128 said Texas gets the worst part of winter, lol.

Also hello fellow Texans! I don't see many Texans in the Smash community. Someone else said they were from Texas but I forgot their name. Not going back to look because mobile sucks.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Super late (this place moves FAST) but I really love snow! It's just...fun to play around in. The coldness of it isn't too bad if you dress right and wear gloves. It also gets you out of school, lol.

Unfortunately snow doesn't fall too much in Texas. It just gets cold here -_-. But I guess that makes it seem more special since it's such a rarity. Like @locuan128 said Texas gets the worst part of winter, lol.

Also hello fellow Texans! I don't see many Texans in the Smash community. Someone else said they were from Texas but I forgot their name. Not going back to look because mobile sucks.
Snow is great until your dad/mom/older sister/brother-in-law kicks your ass out of bed at 4 am and tells you to shovel the driveway.

My older sister and husband moved out (God I miss them so much), so I only have to deal with my parents rushing for work.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This weeks musical piece is Tal Tal Heights from Link's Awakening. Originally the music from Tal Tal Mountain Range, this musical piece is remixed with the Link's Awakening overworld theme, and put in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Pirate Ship stage.

Edit: Also good night thread, my sleep tiem

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Guys...
We aren't getting a new 3D Mario game for Wii U.....
:'(
That legitimately makes me sad, because I don't see 3D World as a true 3-D Mario game... It was pretty good, but it was not even close to excellence of the Galaxy Games, Sunshine, and 64...... That makes me really sad...... I really don't want to move to a new console yet..... It's too soon... But I want a true new 3D Mario game....
THAT'S IT. I AM RALLYING THE FORCES, WE ARE GOING AFTER OL' SHIGGY BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Was I the only one that didn't like Galaxy? I went into it expecting sandbox stages like in SM64 and Sunshine, but everything felt so bland and linear to me.

tbh I haven't even played any Mario games since Galaxy, that's how bad a taste it left in my mouth

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Guys...
We aren't getting a new 3D Mario game for Wii U.....
:'(
That legitimately makes me sad, because I don't see 3D World as a true 3-D Mario game... It was pretty good, but it was not even close to excellence of the Galaxy Games, Sunshine, and 64...... That makes me really sad...... I really don't want to move to a new console yet..... It's too soon... But I want a true new 3D Mario game....
THAT'S IT. I AM RALLYING THE FORCES, WE ARE GOING AFTER OL' SHIGGY BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Wii U isn't getting a new 3D Mario game in only 2015.

Which obviously means that there's a HUGE Mario game being planned for 2016, probably something at a greater scale than Galaxy.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
@ Lozjam Lozjam is a traitor! he invited Olimar right into our social DX

welcome btw
Olimar players are so few and far between I've got no beef with someone willing to play olimar

also @LordCarlisle me and my sis really do call ghirahim swag lord instead

Edit:
Was I the only one that didn't like Galaxy? I went into it expecting sandbox stages like in SM64 and Sunshine, but everything felt so bland and linear to me.

tbh I haven't even played any Mario games since Galaxy, that's how bad a taste it left in my mouth
I will admit I didn't like the non free aspect of the game but then I considered if it were to be more open ended and realized that if they went the free style route to levels things would get confusing awful fast. I do think though Galaxy is the sole reason in my mind why modern 3d marios suck now. Cause the resent one for the wii u, whatever they name those buggers now (Generic Mario Name could be an actual title now and I'd believe it), just felt lacking with out actual exploration and green stars may as well have been hidden in my couch where they would have been much better hidden then by the devs

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I thought 3D World was a damn excellent game with better pacing than the other 3D Marios.

It felt like the Mario 3 of 3D Mario games and it has bumped its way up to my favorite or 2nd favorite Mario game depending on the day and my mood.

Every level introduced a new mechanic and smoothly integrated it with 5 different handling characters that all felt distinct, and the music was masterful the entire way through, especially World Bowser.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I know the one mario game I would really want right now is Super Mario Sunshine 2 or something. The original was the first video game I ever owned. Good times.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
No really guys....
I am kind of sick and tired of Miyamoto... I think he is past his prime..... He also tries to ruin Zelda games.... I love his work on OoT, but some of his ideas of late have been... Well bad... He kind of ruined the quality of some Zelda games, and has tried to multiple times.
I bring to you, Aonuma and Miyamotos Zelda Development Conversations!

After Ocarina of Time was made:
Miyamoto: OK GUYZZZZZ. I know we just released Ocarina of Time, but it was a huge hit! Let's make a remake for it using the N64 Disk Drive to add a little more content!
Aonuma: Are you kidding me? That's ****ing stupid. Why would you make a remake of a game, for the same system! The fans will hate you, and it is boring making remakes!
Miyamoto: WELL FINE THEN! IF YOU CAN MAKE A "NEW ZELDA GAME" IN A YEAR, THEN ****ING DO IT! HELL, IF YOU PULL IT OFF I WILL EVEN STEP DOWN AS THE DIRECTOR FOR ZELDA!
Aonuma: Fine
*Makes the masterpiece that is Majora's Mask*'
Miyamoto: ..........

Skyward Sword's Development
Aonuma: Alright guys, good job! We have made a game that I can be proud of. I am very glad we made this game challenging, I have a feeling longtime fans will love it!
Miyamoto: WUT M8? You got to make this game easy for casuals! We have to spoon feed it to the players and make it easy!
Aonuma: But then we aren't appealing to the hardcore demographic. I think I have made the story well enough that casuals will learn the game and get good with it!
Miyamoto: Don't backsass me! We got to make this game easy for the casuals! Do I need to get out my paddle?!
Aonuma: Sigh... Alright...

A Link Between World's Development
Miyamoto: OK! Let's kick things off with a New Zelda tilte for 3DS. Let's remake A Link to the Past in 3D!
Aonuma: You have got to be kidding me! Fans don't just want remakes, they want actual games! We are remaking Ocarina of Time, that is enough. Listen, I have a team working on a 2D style Zelda game for 3DS. They will love it.
Miyamoto: FINE!
EAD Developer: Alright! I think I have an amazing concept! What if Link could turn into a painting on a wall, like Phantom Ganondorf did in OoT! Not only will this be extremely fun, but it will give a 3D flair to the whole game! People will love it!
Miyamoto: WUT! THAT IS THE ****TIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! YOU SHOULD GO KILL YOURSELF FOR THAT BAD IDEA! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!
Aonuma: HEY! LISTEN! This is a great idea! What are you talking about? Listen, if you are so pigheaded I can put it in a way your tiny mind can understand!
*Remakes the world of ALttP with the new wall mechanic*
Miyamoto: Oh, well then just make a sequel then!

Zelda Wii U's development
Miyamoto; WE HAVE TO ADD BACK 1-1 MOTION CONTROLS IN COMBAT! I JUST LOVED IT IN SKYWARD SWORD!
Aonuma: You have got to be kidding me..... Listen, Skyward Sword was great and all, but a ton of people hated the motion controls. People like gyroscopic controls however, so let us focus on that. Trust me, it is what the fans want.
Miyamoto: The fans don't know what they want!
Aonuma: Yes they do. Listen, I am finally listening to them. They know what they want, we just have to realize that, and give them more than just what they want. AND WHAT THEY WANT IS NO 1:1 MOTION CONTROLS
Miyamoto: *Sticks tongue out*

With this post, I am about 50% joking, and 50% serious. I hope you guys realize that! Many of the concepts talked about are 100% true, and I disagree with them, but the dialogue was completely fake. Miyamoto isn't really like that most of the time. Miyamoto has made some of my favorite games as well. I'm just poking fun!

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I think Miyamoto's decisions involving most Mario games that are not Sticker Star more than warrant his position there. Are you going to honestly tell me that Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was bad? Or 3D World?

No developer or director is perfect in their decision making but to throw out possibly THE most influential person in the company would be absolute heresy.

I also hate the whole "3D World isn't a true 3D Mario game" shtick because that gets under my skin and undershoots the quality and effort put into the game which was by all means very good as a Mario platformer and it falls under my definition of a 3D Mario game I.E. it has 3D movement and takes place on a three dimensional plain. Its goal was to make a 2D Mario game in 3D, why are people hyping it up to be like, Sunshine or Galaxy or 64 even? As a sequel to 3D Land it does everything right and more, I do not get what the problem is?

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I vastly prefer 3D World to Sunshine and 64.

Nothing can touch the Galaxy games but that's okay.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Miyamoto: OK GUYZZZZZ. I know we just released Ocarina of Time, but it was a huge hit! Let's make a remake for it using the N64 Disk Drive to add a little more content!
Aonuma: Are you kidding me? That's ****ing stupid. Why would you make a remake of a game, for the same system! The fans will hate you, and it is boring making remakes!
Miyamoto: WELL FINE THEN! IF YOU CAN MAKE A "NEW ZELDA GAME" IN A YEAR, THEN ****ING DO IT! HELL, IF YOU PULL IT OFF I WILL EVEN STEP DOWN AS THE DIRECTOR FOR ZELDA!
It was actually an expansion pack though

Also 3D World is the ****, don't diss. Plus I finally get to play as peach in a good game

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I loved Mario 3D World! But I'll admit it, it was more of a successor to 3D Land then an era defining 3D Mario game like the past ones. I'm quite satisfied with it though, just being able to play as other characters besides Mario and Luigi was a massive plus for me!

On another note: what do you guys think Nintendo will do next gen? Have you heard the "Nintendo fusion" rumors?

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I'm looking forward to 2016 for a new Mario game, honestly. I think Mario needs a friggin break anyways, as a big Mario fan. We have Zelda WiiU game coming out that I don't want to devalue and we have a GREAT LOOKING new Yoshi game, and MARIO MAKER is coming out in 2015.

Technically Mario is getting a game, then! :p.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
No really guys....
I am kind of sick and tired of Miyamoto... I think he is past his prime..... He also tries to ruin Zelda games.... I love his work on OoT, but some of his ideas of late have been... Well bad... He kind of ruined the quality of some Zelda games, and has tried to multiple times.
I bring to you, Aonuma and Miyamotos Zelda Development Conversations!

Skyward Sword's Development
Aonuma: Alright guys, good job! We have made a game that I can be proud of. I am very glad we made this game challenging, I have a feeling longtime fans will love it!
Miyamoto: WUT M8? You got to make this game easy for casuals! We have to spoon feed it to the players and make it easy!
Aonuma: But then we aren't appealing to the hardcore demographic. I think I have made the story well enough that casuals will learn the game and get good with it!
Miyamoto: Don't backsass me! We got to make this game easy for the casuals! Do I need to get out my paddle?!
Aonuma: Sigh... Alright...

A Link Between World's Development
Miyamoto: OK! Let's kick things off with a New Zelda tilte for 3DS. Let's remake A Link to the Past in 3D!
Aonuma: You have got to be kidding me! Fans don't just want remakes, they want actual games! We are remaking Ocarina of Time, that is enough. Listen, I have a team working on a 2D style Zelda game for 3DS. They will love it.
Miyamoto: FINE!
EAD Developer: Alright! I think I have an amazing concept! What if Link could turn into a painting on a wall, like Phantom Ganondorf did in OoT! Not only will this be extremely fun, but it will give a 3D flair to the whole game! People will love it!
Miyamoto: WUT! THAT IS THE ****TIEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! YOU SHOULD GO KILL YOURSELF FOR THAT BAD IDEA! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!
Aonuma: HEY! LISTEN! This is a great idea! What are you talking about? Listen, if you are so pigheaded I can put it in a way your tiny mind can understand!
*Remakes the world of ALttP with the new wall mechanic*
Miyamoto: Oh, well then just make a sequel then!

Zelda Wii U's development
Miyamoto; WE HAVE TO ADD BACK 1-1 MOTION CONTROLS IN COMBAT! I JUST LOVED IT IN SKYWARD SWORD!
Aonuma: You have got to be kidding me..... Listen, Skyward Sword was great and all, but a ton of people hated the motion controls. People like gyroscopic controls however, so let us focus on that. Trust me, it is what the fans want.
Miyamoto: The fans don't know what they want!
Aonuma: Yes they do. Listen, I am finally listening to them. They know what they want, we just have to realize that, and give them more than just what they want. AND WHAT THEY WANT IS NO 1:1 MOTION CONTROLS
Miyamoto: *Sticks tongue out*

With this post, I am about 50% joking, and 50% serious. I hope you guys realize that! Many of the concepts talked about are 100% true, and I disagree with them, but the dialogue was completely fake. Miyamoto isn't really like that most of the time. Miyamoto has made some of my favorite games as well. I'm just poking fun!
I've never touched a Zelda game in my life, but Miyamoto is an excellent producer/director/whatever but I strongly disagree with your sentiment from my experience in playing his other franchises.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I loved the Skyward Sword controls and was honestly surprised to find it so hated. Were people like waggling the wiimote or something?

Also girls, I am really enjoying my (limited =( ) time with Hyrule Warriors. It's a blast in co-op.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think Miyamoto's decisions involving most Mario games that are not Sticker Star more than warrant his position there. Are you going to honestly tell me that Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was bad? Or 3D World?

No developer or director is perfect in their decision making but to throw out possibly THE most influential person in the company would be absolute heresy.

I also hate the whole "3D World isn't a true 3D Mario game" shtick because that gets under my skin and undershoots the quality and effort put into the game which was by all means very good as a Mario platformer and it falls under my definition of a 3D Mario game I.E. it has 3D movement and takes place on a three dimensional plain. Its goal was to make a 2D Mario game in 3D, why are people hyping it up to be like, Sunshine or Galaxy or 64 even? As a sequel to 3D Land it does everything right and more, I do not get what the problem is?
3D world nor LM:DM was bad. I thought they were excellent games, especially the latter one.
But what you said is exactly why 3D World isn't as good. It is isn't as era defining as the the 3D Mario titles. It was only a sequel to a Mario game, and while it did that especially well... It was not really special Gameplay-wise. It did not shatter the expectations of Mario like the Galaxy games did. It just was an improvement to a 3DS title, and had very similar gameplay to it.
As Micstar stated
I loved Mario 3D World! But I'll admit it, it was more of a successor to 3D Land then an era defining 3D Mario game like the past ones.
I've never touched a Zelda game in my life, but Miyamoto is an excellent producer/director/whatever but I strongly disagree with your sentiment from my experience in playing his other franchises.
Miyamoto is excellent, but he is holding back Zelda in exactly the way I stated, without the dialogue, that was just for lolz.
I loved the Skyward Sword controls and was honestly surprised to find it so hated. Were people like waggling the wiimote or something?

Also girls, I am really enjoying my (limited =( ) time with Hyrule Warriors. It's a blast in co-op.
I liked them too, but they were a thing SS did. It did it well, but it pretty much exhausted the concept by the end of the game. I loved SS. But motion controls would have only held Zelda Wii U back.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i really enjoyed 3d world, it was relatively easy to get into and character diversity was nice. i think the only thing i wish is that it had more lvls and had online play even if it was limited.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
That's my entire thing, it wasn't MEANT to be this era-defining 3D Mario game, I figured the game's title and the very first E3 preview would give this impression?

3D Mario games to the scale of Galaxy and stuff take a lot of time and then you have to amplify that for asset work in 3D, level design, planning.....

All I'm going to say is be patient, it's probably happening in 2016-2017 as far as a new big 3D Mario goes, but I think 3D World was a good treat and a solid Mario game to keep the water fresh in the meantime.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
But motion controls would have only held Zelda Wii U back.
I really want to be able to play Zelda Wii U on the Gamepad solely, so I agree with that.

btw does anyone actually think we'll get Zelda Wii U in 2015? I sense a delay! At the earliest we'll get it Holiday 2015.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Mario 3D World is mad times fun. I think that's the biggest concern for these games, really, and they manage it super well. Also, ever since New Mario Bros Wii came out, they've been focusing on the multiplayer aspect of old Mario games, and tbh whoever came up with that idea is a ****ing genius.

Seriously, it might not be super revolutionary like Mario 64 was, or as fuggin' beautiful and epic as Galaxy was, but it was something new. For those of us that grew up with the who-gets-to-play-Luigi sibling problem, being able to play a Mario game as co-op was super amazing. Even more so because it was so so so much fun. 3D World is the obvious next step after that, and while it's not a game-changing masterpiece, it does that really, really well! The controls are simple enough for anyone to pick it up, yet the difficulty advances at an exponential enough level that more hardcore minded gamers can be satisfied with it. Also, the interface and world map designs are so. SO. Good.

Edit: On the topic of Zeldas, though, I do think Aonuma should take full control of that franchise nowadays. Miyamoto has goals that differ a bit from what Zelda fans seem to be expecting nowadays.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I doubt Zelda U will get a delay. Nintendo needs a Wii U heavy hitter for Holiday 2015, and Zelda is all they have at the moment.

Holiday 2015 is almost certainly the release window. Aonuma said that they'd have a demo at E3 2015.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I lost faith in Aonuma after SS, but ALBW and his continuous updates on Zelda U's development philosophy have sparked my hope that he's finally come to realizing what makes Zelda the magical series it is.

Console Zeldas were disappointing heaps of mediocrity from 2006 on wards, but Zelda U might just be the fresh installment the franchise desperately needs.

EDIT: Mario 3D World was amazing, I have yet to not enjoy a 3D Mario game.

It's rather impressive, considering how lame 3D World's reveal looked at E3 2013. It looked...so bland.

Then came THIS trailer:

Which sold it for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom