• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Speaking of Charizard though, is there a reason not to spam Down B?
If the opponent anticipates it, you'll get punished real hard

Plus, it's not that hard to react to if Zard does it out of no where

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I prefer keeping character buffs on the downlow instead of boasting about it.

Wish MK boards had a skype group despite how busted skype is most of the time.

Soul.

I prefer to keep the game as it is and not hear people ***** at some new, marvelous tech that will revolutionize the meta.

Or, you know, we can buff characters a la Ike.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
If the opponent anticipates it, you'll get punished real hard

Plus, it's not that hard to react to if Zard does it out of no where
It makes him insanely hard to approach or do follow-ups on I feel. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I haven't played against a Chairzard in a while. Last time was a close match against one on 3DS with Lucina. Managed to beat its Side B with her FSmash.

From what I can tell, most boards are actually supportive of their character, they don't constantly hate on their character like the Zelda boards so rightfully do.

What I'm saying is, we're FULL of pennisism
Speaking of Roy...why does his Fair have such an early IASA?

Probably old news but I just figured it out.
Well if Olimar has been a nightmare for Zelda, I have yet to fight one that makes me cry.

Irrelevant thought:
~I just saw a Tylenol commercial where one of the men had a man bun. STOP.
Olimar's a fun character to play tbh.
It got buffed to do 14% now iirc.

EDIT: Also gurls we don't have the most damaging multihit Usmash anymore :c. Roy's is multihit and it does 15% or 17%.
Why didn't anyone tell me that Roy's NAir was good.
You guys rock!

Now can you guys get me a list of people who have more range on Fsmash?

No wait, I got it.

Everyone.
Speaking of F-Smashes
:secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Kofu Kofu
:4lucas:doesn't have any SHACs
:4greninja: doesn't seem to have any SHAC aerials.
Are you sure that all of :4villager: and :4pit:'s aerials SHAC? I couldn't get Villager's dair and Pit's uair to AC last night.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
LOL. I just remembered I main Charizard in this rotation.

But then I realized I can't even test him or Falco. :confused:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The inaccuracy of wifi helps Charizard out a lot imo. Rock smash is harder to avoid and safer. To punish RS don't be in front of Char. IDK how good Char is after the patch.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

One of these days. I will rewatch this. :yeahboi:

Also, would anyone like to have a few matches? I got a room up. And as usual, be practicing with :4feroy: again. :3

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Gorls, the best thing ever is fighting a Roy who can't DI.
Vertical combos for daaays.

Brawl U-Smash damage racking teas

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Kofu Kofu
Are you sure that all of :4villager: and :4pit:'s aerials SHAC? I couldn't get Villager's dair and Pit's uair to AC last night.
IIRC you have to move villager horizontally to give him time to AC

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Why TES: Oblivion is a great game:
You can murder demons and literally travel to hell while looking like this:
image.jpg

edit: apparently swears aren't censored in spoiler titles lol

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Online tourney today. Will be using :4zelda: with a :4wendy:/:4peach: partner in doubles. Will rep Zelderly :4miisword: or :4zss: in singles (unless bad stuff happens and I'll switch to Zelda). I dunno if a stream will be available and it's also going for multiple days (ie weeks).

My local monthly is this Saturday and I'll for sure rep our sassy queen~. Also have a 10 cents MM Zero Skill Spamus ditto with a guy. Hoping that goes on stream and I can do some swag and disrespect :^)

Wish me luck gorls~

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
IIRC you have to move villager horizontally to give him time to AC
I tried that and it still didn't AC...

I'll go test it again.

edit: okay, so I got it to AC. You have to be dashing and then jump and do the dair. It's pretty strict.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Why do you guys do this? Is it symbolic of some historical event?
Primarily to reinforce self-control in an exercise to control our greed, lust, and excess desires. Secondary is spiritual cleansing, coming closer to God, etc.

Muslims believe that Satan is chained up during the month of Ramadan. So all evil that one commits during said the month is reflective of one's innate wickedness, and can't be blamed on the urging/whispering of Satan. In other words, you find out the type of person you really are during Ramadan.

That reminds me, no sex from dawn to sunset either. Not a lot of people know that, since the topics of food and drink are what really highlight the fast. Not many people bust a nut throughout the daytime, anyway.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Primarily to reinforce self-control in an exercise to control our greed, lust, and excess desires. Secondary is spiritual cleansing, coming closer to God, etc.

Muslims believe that Satan is chained up during the month of Ramadan. So all evil that one commits during said the month is reflective of one's innate wickedness, and can't be blamed on the urging/whispering of Satan. In other words, you find out the type of person you really are during Ramadan.

That reminds me, no sex from dawn to sunset either. Not a lot of people know that, since the topics of food and drink are what really highlight the fast. Not many people bust a nut throughout the daytime, anyway.
Ramadan is an interesting time for some of my friend and family because we can't have lunch together for obvious reasons.

That last part was an eye-opener. :p

That last line looks like some sig material huh @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght @ Berserker. Berserker.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ r_greening1 r_greening1 & @ Antonykun Antonykun Villager's Turnip attacks AC but they must be frame-perfect, like Zelda's DAir, which has only a 1 frame window for correct execution.

I only know that they AC for villager b/c you have to do something between troll villager battles on FFA FG. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
WTF I'M PLACED IN THE TOP SEED OF MY POOL FOR THE ONLINE TOURNEY TODAY WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS SMH

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I prefer to keep the game as it is and not hear people ***** at some new, marvelous tech that will revolutionize the meta.

Or, you know, we can buff characters a la Ike.
Yesterday at tourney, everyone was complaining about how Sakurai nerfs and buffs characters, saying things like, "It isn't fair because now we have to pay attention to more characters!"

Note, every single person that said this mains Marth Sheik or a spacie in Melee.

EDIT: No actually they just main Marth/Sheik.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ Kofu Kofu
Villager's DAir is tight, but I learned how to SHAC DAirs from playing Brawl Ganon (jump button, roll your fingers to A and down). Fox's FAir was similarly strict. Pit's UAir is trickier because if you do it wrong you'll get a JC USmash instead but @Lavani said it ACs and that's good enough for me.

Greninja's N-Air autocancels from a short hop and a full hop.
Are you sure it autocancels and doesn't just have low lag? Then again, I don't use frog much and you do so you're probably right.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
also I know Nintendo's E3 thing has been thoroughly discussed over and over but....

I am ABSOLUTELY 100% positive we had it way worse in 2008. Just....trust me. Wii Music was definitely a thing....

Just remembering that E3 makes me laugh. I was so young....I don't think it's OVER but I think this Nintendo Direct showed me that the WiiU is basically done with. I firmly believe they're pushing all the important projects to the NX so when they reveal it in 2016 and set its release date or what have you, it comes with REAL GOOD LAUNCH TITLES.

Granted the Nintendo fanbase is chalk FULL of immature people so I don't disagree with anyone when they say that lo.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
also I know Nintendo's E3 thing has been thoroughly discussed over and over but....

I am ABSOLUTELY 100% positive we had it way worse in 2008. Just....trust me. Wii Music was definitely a thing....

Just remembering that E3 makes me laugh. I was so young....I don't think it's OVER but I think this Nintendo Direct showed me that the WiiU is basically done with. I firmly believe they're pushing all the important projects to the NX so when they reveal it in 2016 and set its release date or what have you, it comes with REAL GOOD LAUNCH TITLES.

Granted the Nintendo fanbase is chalk FULL of immature people so I don't disagree with anyone when they say that lo.
That I can agree with. I mean, look at what the Metroid fans are doing. Wanting to petition the spin off to be cancelled.
That's a bit much to be honest. If I was part of the Metroid fanbase, I'd just shrug and think "I might play it."

And hopefully the NX will be good. And since Smash just got released about several months ago, I predict that we probably won't be seeing Smash 5 on the NX for maybe the next three to four years.

Last edited:
this Nintendo Direct showed me that the WiiU is basically done with. I firmly believe they're pushing all the important projects to the NX so when they reveal it in 2016 and set its release date or what have you, it comes with REAL GOOD LAUNCH TITLES.
This is basically what's making me think twice about buying a Wii U right now :|

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This is basically what's making me think twice about buying a Wii U right now :|
You're playing Smash....on a 3DS?

Oh you poor man. Never play Ryu, jesus.

I got a WiiU cause I wanted good Mario games. I think it GREATLY delivered on that aspect (along with DK) but I see whatchu mean. Like I said, I think the NX is going to have a much more appropriate launch library, and I really hope the gimmicks it has are strictly non-controller so that people can actually dev for it affordably.

I'm not incredibly dissatisfied this gen like a lot of people are, I just think the WiiU was largely unsuccessful but with some REALLY fun games, some of the best I've played. 3D World, Donkey Kong....I really hope these games are remembered otherwise I'll be sad.

Also Zelda U is still coming to WiiU. It's just going to be like how Skyward Sword released in, what, 2011? Last year of the Wii.

Last edited:
You're playing Smash....on a 3DS?

Oh you poor man. Never play Ryu, jesus.
Yep. I've been playing on the 3DS since day one. Hard life, indeed, but I've gotten used to it

Transitioning from 3DS controls to Wii U/GC controls feels second nature to me now. I guess.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Yep. I've been playing on the 3DS since day one. Hard life, indeed, but I've gotten used to it

Transitioning from 3DS controls to Wii U/GC controls feels second nature to me now. I guess.
Will say after not playing Smash for so long and just watching Smash competitively back in 2013 (That was the last time I played Brawl between 2010-ish and 2013.) It felt so odd playing it on a Gamecube Controller, so I just went with the Pro Controller.

Top Bottom