• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
That actually makes a lot of sense. I try to bair off stage to get the stage spike but if I whiff I almost die from all the lag.

I just thought bair had low lag always.
I think it's to restrict his edgeguarding because Ike would he fantastic at it if his aerials lasted shorter. Actually, assuming I did it right, his BAir has the longest full animation of all his aerials. Go figure.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think it's to restrict his edgeguarding because alike would he fantastic at it if his aerials lasted shorter. Actually, assuming I did it right, his BAir has the longest full animation of all his aerials. Go figure.
Dang.

I'd rather have the ability to aether after quickdraw tbh, but I'm ok with Ike right now actually, I'm not one to care how good a character is, I just like them if they are fun to play.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Dang.

I'd rather have the ability to aether after quickdraw tbh, but I'm ok with Ike right now actually, I'm not one to care how good a character is, I just like them if they are fun to play.
Ike is fun to play. I just have no idea how to get in with him to start wrecking people with his muscles.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I was being stupid.

Edit: I mean really stupid.
I do that like 98% of the time and I can still get on the Internet whenever I want.

Just become an adult!
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght ready anytime you are. Don't rush and die from inhaling paint fumes or anything though.
just got home, give me 15 minutes or so.
Ike is fun to play. I just have no idea how to get in with him to start wrecking people with his muscles.
I swear that one day I'll be able to!

I have to forget he's not Sonic first though.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I'm p sure sheik might dethroned in the future because not being able to kill will kill her in the long run.
Right.

Also, we're Rosalina buddies now, along with Koiba! I dropped Peach last night, too. She feels so awkward compared to Brawl :p.

I need to use Jigglypuff more, because my potential is there. Zelda is Zelda. I'll always stick with her.
I do that like 98% of the time and I can still get on the Internet whenever I want.

Just get a job!
fix'd.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oof
I've had so many headaches this past week
Not the "I can work through it" kind
The "oh dear god get me an aspirin or kill me" kind
Dunno why
lmao I've finally found 3 chars I'm sticking with
:4kirby::4ryu::4greninja: and some :4pikachu: on the side

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Okay, I'll play a few master orders while I wait.
Oh my goodness...

So I came home and immediately looked at my guitar and thought "hey baby, haven't seen you in awhile." then proceeded to play it and forgot all about you xD

Let me start up the game I'll be on soon.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
good for you but I haven't
Soon macchi soooooooon
Do you plan to go to tournaments?
Maybe that'll help ya decide
iirc you use these chars the most?
:4peach::4robinf::rosalina::4feroy::4zelda::4zss::4wiifit::4jigglypuff:
8 characters isn't too bad
4 mains 4 secondaries
But a challenge would help you see which ones you favor, your go-to characters
Who do you think you're best with?
inb4 all

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Lucas's PK Thunder always screws me over. It's soo much easier to recover/attack with if your Ness, imo.

Oh well.

Last edited:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/610981908093214721

Yay for CRAPcom, they **** on my fav female character by giving her see through nips and anime boob jiggles. Just what i need when me and my friends are waiting for the game to load.

"Its a glitch" - Capcom
This wasn't necessary lmao

To make it worse, the boob jiggling doesn't even look good AT ALL. Wtf Capcom

Plus, it's not like we need anymore of that. If I wanted to see some Chun Li hotness, I would have watched Street Fighter II the animated movie with that certain scene uncensored

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ Rizen Rizen GGs!

Thanks for helping me with the Link match up, that's one I don't get to play often.

Also wow, the buffs for Ike make him feel like an actual character now. That dash attack is a fantastic punish option now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't even notice that.
Either Chun's clothes are too tight or she's REALLY excited.
Those boob jiggle effects are ridiculously over the top.
@ Rizen Rizen GGs!

Thanks for helping me with the Link match up, that's one I don't get to play often.

Also wow, the buffs for Ike make him feel like an actual character now. That dash attack is a fantastic punish option now.
Yeah Ike's DA is much faster now; it surprised me a few times. What other buffs did Ike get?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
This wasn't necessary lmao

To make it worse, the boob jiggling doesn't even look good AT ALL. Wtf Capcom

Plus, it's not like we need anymore of that. If I wanted to see some Chun Li hotness, I would have watched Street Fighter II the animated movie with that certain scene uncensored
inb4anitaskarseesianhasagoatChunLi'sphysicsonherbreasts. :V
She wasn't happy with Rise being on one of the E3 badges.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Those boob jiggle effects are ridiculously over the top.

Yeah Ike's DA is much faster now; it surprised me a few times. What other buffs did Ike get?
I know his jabs actually link now. Not sure what else.

Ike got a ton of QoL buffs. Less landing lag on n-air (now 13 frames) and f-air (landing lag lasts for 18 frames). His f-air's hitbox was increased vertically by a bit. DA is much faster now that it comes out at frame 15 and it deals 14% damage if sweetspotted. Aether got a buff. F-tilt's damage was reduced to 12.5% but the start up is now frame 12 (as fast as Zelda and Shulk's f-tilt). Jab transitions are much faster. Landing lag on u-air was reduced to 15 frames and d-air's landing lag was reduced to 23. Quick draw comes out at frame 16

Mostly great QoL changes. He still has the same weaknesses though (his dash attack is still slow af). Spacing with him in this patch is much easier and his general damage output and potential was slightly increased.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I know his jabs actually link now. Not sure what else.
I got the changelog from the Smash Bros Wiki here. I'll list them. :3

• Jab transitions into second hit faster: Jab 2 startup from 21 frames → 18 frames
  • Jab 3 now properly hits above Ike.
  • Forward tilt start-up: 15 frames → 13 frames
  • Forward tilt damage: 14% → 12.5%
  • Dash attack has less start-up (18 frames → 15 frames) and deals more damage (Sweet spot: 10% → 14%. Sour spot: 7% → 11% and 5% → 9%)
  • Neutral air landing lag: 18 frames → 15 frames
  • Forward air has better hitbox placements (Hits better above and below him).
  • Forward air landing lag reduced: 20 frames → 19 frames
  • Up air landing lag reduced: 19 frames → 16 frames
  • Down air landing lag reduced: 27 frames → 24 frames
  • Quick Draw startup reduced: 19 frames → 16 frames

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Ike got a ton of QoL buffs. Less landing lag on n-air (now 13 frames) and f-air (landing lag lasts for 18 frames). His f-air's hitbox was increased vertically by a bit. DA is much faster now that it comes out at frame 15 and it deals 14% damage if sweetspotted. Aether got a buff. F-tilt's damage was reduced to 12.5% but the start up is now frame 12 (as fast as Zelda and Shulk's f-tilt). Jab transitions are much faster. Landing lag on u-air was reduced to 15 frames and d-air's landing lag was reduced to 23. Quick draw comes out at frame 16

Mostly great QoL changes. He still has the same weaknesses though (his dash attack is still slow af)
Thanks Robin. You're always three steps ahead. :4robinm:

I may just pickup on Ike again. Sadly, I was only worthwhile with him on the 3DS version :p.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You guys rock!

Now can you guys get me a list of people who have more range on Fsmash?

No wait, I got it.

Everyone.

I feel like people are jumping on the "Ike is moving a tier up" bandwagon a bit too quickly here. It's the same thing that happened with Shulk except the reason for that was kind of legit: buster's relevance was massively increased due to its defenses being buffed which made it significantly less risky to use while the numerous damage buffs made buster the go-to art for Shulk's mid-range. That was actually a recurring problem with Shulk during the first days of Smash which is why you'd see a lot of Shulks going feral with him with mobility arts. Those same people actually exist since that playstyle still works in this current version anyway. What I'm saying is, all this patch did to Ike was basically make spacing with him easier than usual. He was never a bad character anyway, far from that. He was a solid mid-tier character or upper-mid tier.

If any character is moving up a tier, it's Charizard. Having a KO throw and a combo throw is a must in a game like Smash 4 where in shields are really overpowered. Charizard was severely lacking (as far as I know) with his options off his throws since they're all mostly for KO'ing pre-1.0.8

Edit: I still haven't tried Zard out though but I haven't played Smash in a while because my sister's using it for New Leaf

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Tiers being a thing is getting more silly each patch.

But I just hope this gives Ike some more representation. I'd love to see a high level Ike actually succeed.

Now that you mentioned it, I guess it's silly of me to mention tiers to begin with. Haha. My bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom