• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Wait does Ike's dash attack kill now? (I'm probably way late to this information.) If so that means Sakurai actually reads my posts!

I hope he likes my fruit tier list :D
It got buffed to do 14% now iirc.

EDIT: Also gurls we don't have the most damaging multihit Usmash anymore :c. Roy's is multihit and it does 15% or 17%.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Doubles Zelda is so much fun OMG practicing with my Wendy partner.

Din's Blaze killing at 60% delicious it is. And team combos are hyyyyype.

Our team name is fittingly Crowns and Clowns. :p

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It got buffed to do 14% now iirc.

EDIT: Also gurls we don't have the most damaging multihit Usmash anymore :c. Roy's is multihit and it does 15% or 17%.
My bubble of "Zelda's pre-1.0.8 Usmash does at least 1 thing good" bubble was already burst when MewTwo's Usmash did 16%. :( AND it killed way earlier...At the time. :secretkpop:

Can we talk about how much special treatment the DLC characters get? They get moves that out power the general good ones of a move type at that time but with even more benefits than current good moves. I mean, Roy clone basically just has new moves and more powerful versions of the remotely clone-moves. (See: FAir, Fsmash, Usmash.) and ofc Mewtwo's Usmash is just dumb.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I might be a little late on this (since that convo is basically over) but a lot of the people on the Lucas social are also very pessimistic (or whatever that other word you guys were using) about him. Looks like we aren't the only social that love/hates their character. Now I have two socials where I can bash my mains.
:teeth::smash:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
My bubble of "Zelda's pre-1.0.8 Usmash does at least 1 thing good" bubble was already burst when MewTwo's Usmash did 16%. :( AND it killed way earlier...At the time. :secretkpop:
Just did some quick testing, and it's also stronger than Roy's! So...we have the most deadly multihit Usmash. :bluejump:

LONG LIVE ZELDA

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I might be a little late on this (since that convo is basically over) but a lot of the people on the Lucas social are also very pessimistic (or whatever that other word you guys were using) about him. Looks like we aren't the only social that love/hates their character. Now I have two socials where I can bash my mains.
:teeth::smash:
To be fair, outside of improved tether (and better grab? IDK. There's also his mediocre looking Hoo-haas) what did Lucas really have improved? If he was nearly trash in Brawl, and now you've lost all your B-swag techs, what is there going for him?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It KO'd Mario on Miiverse at 107%, no red sparks. Zelda's got red sparks on Mario at 105%.
You mean M2's is at 107%?

Well my goodness, I suppose Zelda would have the most powerful multi-hit Usmash in the game then! A very worthy thing for post 3000 as well.

Something else that makes ours 'better' is that our Usmash does the most hits. 8 hits over 7 or less from everyone else's iirc. :secretkpop: Multi hits are love, and we have the most~

I had done some simple testing recently, and Zelda's Usmash is also roughly tied for the 12th strongest Usmash! Fun fact for the gorls.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You mean M2's is at 107%?

Well my goodness, I suppose Zelda would have the most powerful multi-hit Usmash in the game then! A very worthy thing for post 3000 as well.

Something else that makes ours 'better' is that our Usmash does the most hits. 8 hits over 7 or less from everyone else's iirc. :secretkpop:

I had done some simple testing recently, and Zelda's Usmash is also roughly tied for the 12th strongest Usmash! Fun fact for the gorls.
Oh, yeah, Mewtwo's KO'd at 107%. That was worded pretty poorly, lol.

Is Zelda's Usmash stronger than Brawl's at this point?

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
To be fair, outside of improved tether (and better grab? IDK. There's also his mediocre looking Hoo-haas) what did Lucas really have improved? If he was nearly trash in Brawl, and now you've lost all your B-swag techs, what is there going for him?
The thing with Lucas is less that the character himself improved, but the mechanics of the game are kind to him. Ledge trumps means he can do Ledge Trump -> meteor B-Air. There's no grab release BS, etc.

Lucas did get some cool things like PK Freeze is actually a decent move now, N-Air is pretty nifty, 3 kill throws, good combos out of D-Throw, etc.

He's not outstanding or anything, but he's pretty good.

Lucas got better the moment he was announced just because this game isn't Brawl.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Speaking of Lucas..

Miiverse Stage says "Haha dead mom" and "Mom is kill".

There was also a pic of Mario giving us the double finger, LOL.
I love this stage.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Can we talk about how much special treatment the DLC characters get?
Yes, I like dying at 50% to no rage Roy Fsmashes. I also like how all the FG Roy players spam Neutral B, which has very little lag.

Like the rest of his kit except what, Usmash?

Also I like how whenever Ryu connects you take 16%+ all the time, as if he was a power character... oh but wait he also has lasting hitboxes that put ours to shame... oh but wait his recovery is also solid and doesn't put him in freefall... oh but wait he also seems to have amazing speed given the damage he does in general... oh but wait he's a fighting game character in my non-fighting game.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
He's a bit quicker on ground and in air (isn't everyone this way coming into Sm4sh?), a few attacks have less frames, very little landing lag on his aerials, PKT2 can let you recover from basically anywhere because it goes ridiculously far, some attacks are more powerful/do slightly more damage, HE HAS A ZAIR HITBOX FINALLY, and his Dthrow is a blessing for combos while the others can kill depending on the situation.

He's a VERY read heavy and combo oriented character, and you BETTER be able to land those meteors for those early kills, or bait for a grab. He also has an issue that Zelda has (sweetspots and lag galore :secretkpop:), but that's very obvious and something you get used to over time. One of my main issues is his lack of range and proper Dsmash. If an opponent rolls behind me, I can't just press the panic button (Nayru's Love) like I can with Zelda. If I shield a move and try to punish with one on my own (a grounded one), it won't even hit because he has no range. Of course I could go for an aerial, or try to grab when out of reach (that might not even reach either if I get pushed back while shielding), but that could take too long before they can react themselves or I could easily miss. For rolls, I'd have to anticipate them and do a tilt/jab/smash in the opposite direction I'm facing at the right moment. Also, PKT2 has like, no priority. You can easily be hit out of it.

These aren't my full thoughts on the matter, after all, it's almost 2:30AM and I can barely think straight. This is just what my mind conjured up for now. Some of this stuff I obviously have to get used to or find a way around, but other things are clear flaws.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So someone on FG just called me a tier ***** when I switched from Zelda to Roy, then Sheik.

And they were using Falcon and Fox.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It was a shame too, they were actually decent. They had good tech skill (PPing after every stock) but their fundamentals were lacking.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
You wanna know what I really hate?

Big ****ing roaches. Or, at least, things that look like big ****ing roaches.

Unfortunately for me, I ran into one. At 11:30. PM.

I kinda feel sorry for it because I smacked the **** out of that thing.

I'm petrified.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
My For Glory rating is plummeting now since I started playing Lucas lol.
My life's story right now. I've switched back to Zelda for half the time until the Lucas community as a whole steps up our meta development game. It's already starting go grow pretty fast, it's just the fact that we don't have an answer to all of his flaws yet.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
My life's story right now. I've switched back to Zelda for half the time until the Lucas community as a whole steps up our meta development game. It's already starting go grow pretty fast, it's just the fact that we don't have an answer to all of his flaws yet.
PK Thunder is the worst thing ever in lag I swear.

Soul.

Lucas is eh so far from what I can tell. People will still play Ness more because of muh brainded dthrow -> fair **** and his signature back throw. NAir is pretty good, too... why does no one use that ****?

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Even Zelda's laggy moveset feels okay compared to the lag on PKT1. You might as well make sure you can guide it into yourself at the end, since shooting yourself off in a random direction is safer than enduring those 2-3 seconds of torture.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don't understand the Ryu noobs mentality. I've fought 3 in a row who just spammed attacks, whether I'm near them or not.

I mean WHY would you charge a smash across the stage from me. WHY.

EDIT: They're also all in love with his downB because teh supah armah!!!!111

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Doubles Zelda is so much fun OMG practicing with my Wendy partner.

Din's Blaze killing at 60% delicious it is. And team combos are hyyyyype.

Our team name is fittingly Crowns and Clowns. :p
I love that name!

My friend and I were "Yoshi's Hylian"

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't understand the Ryu noobs mentality. I've fought 3 in a row who just spammed attacks, whether I'm near them or not.

I mean WHY would you charge a smash across the stage from me. WHY.

EDIT: They're also all in love with his downB because teh supah armah!!!!111
That Down B needs some nerfing, I've heard that it can't be countered, it should have worked like a counter, by only punching if hit. Also
G.E.T. A. L.O.A.D. O.F. T.H.I.S.
Hello

mah name ez Duf en I haz com 4 yur pizzas en golf. yus weel subitz to mah deamhands en tak abowt mi! I dougnt chukl i rathe flex mah muscles.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That Down B needs some nerfing, I've heard that it can't be countered, it should have worked like a counter, by only punching if hit. Hey wait a minute the Zelda thread is talking about things you can do in Smash bros!?
This can't happen, um aha G.E.T. A. L.O.A.D. O.F. T.H.I.S.
Hello

mah name ez Duf en I haz com 4 yur pizzas en golf. yus weel subitz to mah deamhands en tak abowt mi! I dougnt chukl i rathe flex mah muscles.
But you can just grab him while he's charging it....

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
That Down B needs some nerfing, I've heard that it can't be countered, it should have worked like a counter, by only punching if hit. Hey wait a minute the Zelda thread is talking about things you can do in Smash bros!?
This can't happen, um aha G.E.T. A. L.O.A.D. O.F. T.H.I.S.
Hello

We talk about Smash bros all the time...

Just not about Zelda.

Where have you been?!

Please go back there.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So I'm playing Touhou and I see this bug in my room. NATURALLY, I freak out, forget to pause the game, and get a tissue to put it in the garage. When I came back, I somehow hadn't lost any lives.
LONG LIVE REIMU

Also, stage 3 of EoSD is the death of me. Colorful Sign "Colorful Rain" more like colorful pain SMH

Last edited:
Oh yeah, in case any of your gorls were wondering why I decided to main Zelda, it was her unbeatable levels of sass and because I'm secretly a masochist :secretkpop:

Real answer: She's like the only character I feel comfortable playing as, the rest of the cast don't click with me.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Oh yeah, in case any of your gorls were wondering why I decided to main Zelda, it was her unbeatable levels of sass and because I'm secretly a masochist :secretkpop:

Real answer: She's like the only character I feel comfortable playing as, the rest of the cast don't click with me.
Oh god come here gorl give me a hug

*cries* SO #relatable!

Top Bottom