• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Nope.

You just so happen to post when I'm not around aka sleeping.

Plus with all the hype going on it made it hard to respond to everything.
You shouldn't have left the convo, btw. It has gotten 100x better.

and LOL my update is stuck on 7%.

I'm under the impression that Zelda rose from bottom 5 to bottom 10? Or better? I mean, she can kill better and she has more combos but did she get any improvements with her landing lag

Oh, can someone test if her f-tilt whiffs up close? I mean, I could ask my bro to test it instead but I'm too lazy to get up from where I am atm soooo
You're excited to see me again obv.
ofc I am

D

Deleted member

Guyysssss I'm too lazy to read. Can anyone tell me what changes Zelda received? o:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Stuff that fast fall nair true combos into now: (any percent)
-Down Smash. Good near the edge of the stage
-Down Tilt. You can also true combos Nair → Down Tilt → Up Smash for 11-12 hits. Possible kill set up on bad DI on down tilt. Nair → Down Tilt → Nair is also a true combo for 8-9 hits. Idk if you can fast fall the 2nd nair fast enough to continue the combo.
-Farore's Wind. This kills so use it lol
-Up Tilt. Doesn't really lead into anything after up tilt

I love this update.
She could already do this even before the patch =P

It's just the change to Nair makes it more viable (& possibly make the Elevator work on more characters & more reliably) =3

Last edited:
is it me or are ledges dumb in this patch
Idk. I did hear about the universal nerf for the ledges. I hear Slush lamenting "Yoshi mid-tier" now in the 1.0.8 thread.

Not sure about the full details

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guyysssss I'm too lazy to read. Can anyone tell me what changes Zelda received? o:
- Usmash kills drastically earlier (about 20% earlier)
- Front hit of nair does 2% and back does 1%, it used to be opposite. More damage in the front = true comboes off of falling nair like elevator (see D3RK's post from the last page)
- She can't Love Boost anymore

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
@ Berserker. Berserker. F-tilt still has the blind spot where it misses at point blank.

New BNB gorls. Learn it. Love it. 26% and works at pretty much until really high %s (around 80-90% is when d-tilt pops too high to true combo on marth)

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Okay the nair change I glossed over initially but I'm psyched.
Sakurai DOES know Zelda exists:happysheep:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
So I went on the Miiverse stage and one of the messages that popped up said "best waifu".

I was using :4zelda:against:4wiifitm:so I thought it was referring to :4zelda:.

Than I saw the outline was colored grey and it was really referring to the CPU.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
So I went on the Miiverse stage and one of the messages that popped up said "best waifu".

I was using :4zelda:against:4wiifitm:so I thought it was referring to :4zelda:.

Than I saw the outline was colored grey and it was really referring to the CPU.
Everyone knows male WFT is best waifu

@ Berserker. Berserker. F-tilt still has the blind spot where it misses at point blank.

New BNB gorls. Learn it. Love it. 26% and works at pretty much until really high %s (around 80-90% is when d-tilt pops too high to true combo on marth)
Wtf Sakurai

But anyway, these buffs are nice for Zelda~
Shulk buster buddies? :happysheep:
Buster buddies~

Also, buster+shield is too good against rushdown characters LOL.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I USE USMASH SO MUCH NOW OML I LOVE YOU SAKUTENA
With Zelda's buffs, I shall now call him: "Sakelda"
Wtf Sakurai

But anyway, these buffs are nice for Zelda~

Buster buddies~

Also, buster+shield is too good against rushdown characters LOL.
ikr.

I feel like i'm the only one who doesn't use 'Speed' tho :o

I don't use speed because I feel like I don't have good "control" over it. I'm gonna try to master speed because all I've been doing was focusing on my buster art skills.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep for real. Good night friends~

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Speaking of love boost, one of the posts that popped up on the Miiverse stage said "love boost" with a picture of a crystal.

If only that poster knew what happened to it...

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I don't use speed because I feel like I don't have good "control" over it. I'm gonna try to master speed because all I've been doing was focusing on my buster art skills.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep for real. Good night friends~
Goodnight! See yah later, alligator!

How will you destroy me?
Hmmmm?
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 & @Koiba ......ITS MORPHIN TIME!

*hideous sound*

Edit: Beloved Red Tags, i'm sorry for my sins *hugs, and gives cookies*

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I main Ryu now.
Does this mean Mario's going to be the student to Ryu? 'Cause y'know, they both have Shoryukens... sort of.

Welp, Falco's definitely the bottom character now. They nerf him of all characters. What happened to giving him safer options like a faster Dash Attack, faster, but weaker Dair, better IASA on jab, faster grabs, less end lag on Blaster, fixing his Falco Phantasm hitbox, faster run speed, and faster air speed? Nope, let's make his Uair which wasn't a problem weaker, let's make his Fair landing weaker when it's part of a move not meant to be used purposely, let's remove the ground bounce from Dair which frame canceling could abuse, but was difficult as sin to pull off in the heat of battle, let's make Nair weaker, but make it connect better, and let's give Fair 1% more, apparently change its KB so you can't combo it like Fox can, and seemingly make it quicker despite the fact it being relegated to an edgeguard move is all it can do and has been doing.

Falco's patch history can be summed up as nerfs with trivial buffs, but aren't major enough to make him better. 3DS patch removed a janky way to spike people, added 3% to his landing Fair and fixed the hitbox a little, and made his Blaster fire quicker. Overall: nerf. Why? Yes, it's janky and a lot of characters lost those weird spikes, but it was a boon to Falco's game plan, Blaster doesn't need to fire more projectiles, it needs less end lag to be safer, and why 5% on the landing hit? Just give it better knockback to cover his landing if he screws up; Fair's not even supposed to be used from a short hop or even on the stage. Mewtwo patch: Up Smash connects better. Whoopty-freaking-doo! It's not even a good kill move or anti-air. A small buff. Lucas, Roy, and Ryu patch: 1% less on Uair - Why? Was this move a Diddy or Rosalina Uair? -, 1% less on Nair - does this move look like it kills? -, 2% less on landing Fair - basically reverting it to 3DS Fair -, and Dair cannot ground bounce which cool, people can't tech it, but the fact it had hit lag prior to this patch meant it had a cue to tech. In return: Fair does 1% more in the air and might be faster and Nair connects better - yeah, like connecting better does much since you could position yourself backwards to connect it better. Overall: nerf.

At this rate, Falco's going to have his own tier if this trend of nerfs and trivial buffs continue. Future Wolf patch: Falco's jab now true combos into rapid jab and his Bair does 10% sweet-spotted and 5% with the late hit to make Wolf's Bair look good. Meanwhile, Dr. Mario: Super Jump Punch accepts the Shoryuken input for more power and height.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Idk. I did hear about the universal nerf for the ledges. I hear Slush lamenting "Yoshi mid-tier" now in the 1.0.8 thread.

Not sure about the full details
It makes us get rid of stuff like this

And our one decent option of dash to ledge upb to slide off the ledge and grab it for possible trumps is gone now.
Yoshi is mid-tier anyways and these patches show even moreso since they don't have any intention of buffing or fixing any problems he has.

For now as long as scrubs think he's a lagless OP character and he goes another 10 months of 0 results then maybe people will realize he's not all that good lol

Tbh it's not that big of a thing, but every trick we lose is kinda big since we kinda have to rely on tricky things like that.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I got some tests so far on a part of the Mario cast on Roy's combos.

D-Throw > NAir doesn't work on any of them.

However, NAir > Jab works on Peach, Bowser & Yoshi at certain percents:
Peach (0% - 20%)
Bowser (15% - 24%)
Yoshi (5% - 15%)

I'll report back asap girls once I've read the Zelda cast. :yeahboi:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It makes us get rid of stuff like this

And our one decent option of dash to ledge upb to slide off the ledge and grab it for possible trumps is gone now.
Yoshi is mid-tier anyways and these patches show even moreso since they don't have any intention of buffing or fixing any problems he has.

For now as long as scrubs think he's a lagless OP character and he goes another 10 months of 0 results then maybe people will realize he's not all that good lol

Tbh it's not that big of a thing, but every trick we lose is kinda big since we kinda have to rely on tricky things like that.
Was Yoshi affected by this patch in any other way? If he wasn't and even then at least Yoshi can still be called a viable character. Falco on the other hand gets nerfed while being considered a low tier. Seriously, WTF? The slide off ledge thing could have been useful to Falco, but maybe nobody will know now that it's not available for him. Better nerf Falco is going to be the new, "better nerf Greninja". Stupid, ******* game.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Lucas is too much fun, his throws are just ridiculous.

Definite secondary there. I just hope playing with him doesn't mess up my Greninja play. I really need to stop overestimating his grab range and the lag on it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ryu is so much fun man. Just been messing with him and found out Hadoken can jab lock.

Top Bottom