• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Fun fact

FA can stop Utilt combo's from:4mario:. And don't listen to anyone that thinks :4jigglypuff: beats Ryu, we got 2 anti sh aerial moves one sets up dp and the other obliterates Jiggly.

Up throw seems to be Ryu's kill throw...i think. This characters a monster you don't need to master shoryuken tbh, just master the hadokens.

Also :4metaknight: got buffed a **** ton. His Nair has less landing lag, Ftilt got a 1% buff and it kills Gdorf at 140% near the ledge in training, jab has very low end lag now and its able to set up tech chase situations early on.

Praise the Lord my main and secondary are monsters. JACKPOT.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4ryu: added
:4diddy: uair no longer has the world's dumbest hitbox
:4metaknight::4greninja::4zelda::4myfriends::4marth::4lucina: buffed
best patch confirmed

just need :4mewtwo: buffs now and we're golden

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think Greninja's Up-Air has hitbox changes that while people can still fall out of it, it seems to be rarer. Don't quote me on that though.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Ayyyy, it seems Palutena's U-tilt has bigger hitboxes and links properly! Jab>U-tilt will be easier to land now. :happysheep:

Anyways, I'm having a lot of fun with Roy. Can't get the hang of Lucas and Ryu tho

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Unintentionally found another combo with Roy. But I doubt its any good.

D-Throw > Jab. Randomly found it when testing his D-Throw > NAir combo on Link. :V
I've done about as much as I want to do today. I've reached Toon Link and I think that's where I'll end it for now. But I may want to continue experimenting. I'll leave my notes on which characters can be combo'd by which move at what percents in the spoiler below:

:4mario: 0% - 14%
:4luigi: 0% - 14%
:4peach: 0% - 20%
:4bowser: 15% - 25%
:4yoshi: 5% - 15%
:rosalina: 5% (Is awkward to combo, Luma can prevent you from getting the combo)
:4bowserjr: 0% - 20%
:4wario: 12% - 20%
:4dk: 14% - 25%
:4diddy: 10% - 14%
:4gaw: 0% - 14%
:4littlemac: 0% - 20%
:4link: 0% - 20%
:4zelda: 5% - 8%
:4sheik: 0% - 14%
:4ganondorf: 10% - 20%
:4tlink: 0% - 14%

:4diddy: 50% - 55%
:4gaw: 23%
:4littlemac: 32% - 33%
:4sheik: 46% - 59%

These may not be accurate, might need more researching. What do you guys think? :yeahboi:
Like I said, I might research these in the future, or someone can continue the research for me. :V

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Played a few matches online with @OmegaSorin

Ryu is pretty amazing overall. Like, it's mind-boggling how good this character is and there is no way anyone who studies this game can say otherwise. It's right in your face.

+Incredible damage per hit. This is Brawl Snake levels of awesome.
+Long range moves.
+Actual Combos.
+Powerful kill moves.
+A super armor move that when full charged can lead into a kill move.
+High Tier Recovery.

His issues from what I've seen.

-Terrible grab range
-Abyssmal aerial control (his air speed is awesome but it's basically impossible to manuever without specials or DJ)
-Recovering low can be an issue.

Right now the ones I see beating Ryu are the sword characters. Marth, Ike, Roy, Lucina, Metaknight, maybe Shulk. But those can be even matches. Hadoken and FADC puts in a lot of work against these guys

Even Zero thinks he's Top Tier.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What buffs did Marth and Lucina get?
apparently jab1 has a more vertical launch to it which can supposedly combo into usmash/tipper fsmash at kill percents

that's all I've heard, but if true that's amazing

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Wow. This was the patch of buffs it seems.

And Falco nerfs.

At this rate I think Falco is going to be the worst character in the game, especially considering Zelda got some very nice buffs.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

And Falco nerfs.

At this rate I think Falco is going to be the worst character in the game, especially considering Zelda got some very nice buffs.
Yeah, Her nerf doesn't really matter either because love boosting was VERYVERYVERY situational

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I still need to get the patch :c

Apparently Game & Watch's Dtilt does more knockback now, making it a better poking tool. Sounds like it can kill by the edge now too lel. I would have preferred a FAir buff but OH WELL.

Falco got nerfed? Guess they don't want people to try him :falco:

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Is

Is it still atrocious frame data wise?
Frame data's probably the same still, but at least it works properly. It kills at decent %s with rage so at the very least Jab>U-tilt is more relevant because it works from a slightly more lenient range.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I wonder how many people will realized that Ryu's method of a weak attack and a strong attack based on how long you hold the button is based off of how Fighter Kirby played. :3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

And Falco nerfs.

Falco's Uair became more generic now. It doesn't have a sour-spot body hitbox that used to let him confirm into a Bair, it's much weaker even though it lost 1% since the knockback growth probably died, and it sends people at different angles more like Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Mario, Luigi, and ZSS's Uair. It kills with the legs on Pit at 194% when it used to kill at 162%. The body hitbox used to kill at 872% because it had little to no knockback, but because it's just another hit angle now, it kills Pit at 178 as it launches Pit straight up. Falco does a front flip, the other do a back flip like Fox and Yoshi's Up Smash. That means Falco will be sending people more horizontal if he's facing them and probably even when he's facing away from them with Uair while Captain Falcon can send you straight up with Uair. Falco then needs to be directly below someone of above someone to do get a clean vertical launch which as we know his issues with being below characters like Link or being above characters like Sheik, Rosalina, and Yoshi, he's not going to have good times.

At launch, his Dair was just another spike, now his Uair is just another Uair juggle. Seriously, developers? His Uair used to be something like Ganondorf's where if you land it, you get massive rewards since they're both slow and their Uair's raw power made up for it. Hell, even Fox's could count since Fox isn't exactly fast in the air. Or how about Zelda's? That's similar, but no, give the character with horrid air speed and ground speed another Uair juggle and let him attempt to juggle. At least Luigi has a throw that confirm it easily while Falco's U-throw sends people way up high and was supposed to let him Uair chase.

Aside from like Nair connecting better and Fair apparently being faster, Falco was nerfed from game plan - Uair chases and frame canceled Dair spike locks are pretty much gone -, lost a hit confirm, a kill move being weaker - Uair -, and doing less damage with aerials - landing Fair, Nair, and Uair all do less damage. Oh, but now he gets to juggle like everyone else with Uair being weaker...

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Eh MK kinda bops Ryu, his u smash prefents ryu from touching the ground because its a multi hit move. DA into nado works on ryu and once again multi hits.

I don't know what MK can do with his buffed ftilt and jab other than early percent tech chase set ups but ftilt is reliable kill move now. MKs 2nd best move just so happens to be a multi hit attack and FA just so happens to lose to multi hit moves.

Ryu needs a **** ton of development and MKs need to adjust to their first ever real buff. Can't wait to see what my characters will do now.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This thing was a goddamned omen. Even in the direct, Falco gets roasted by Roy (using Blazer).

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Apparently in like, 3 hours. Unlike SOMEONE told me yesterday smh. I used my special "wake up an hour early" superpower at the wrong time.
Oh...did I tell you wrong?

Sorry... :c I could've swore the Miiverse post said 8 AM Pacific...
-------------------
Reading the last 10 pages:
-Ugh, there probably won't be any changes>
-Oh so there WERE changes
-Love Boosting gone? THANKS FOR THE NERF SAKURTENA
-Usmash KOs 20% earlier
-lsaf;ajwfejawpfjpasejfp
-Nair is changed
-k
- @D3RK posts nair stuff
-;lajsfsajefjaspefjasj

I found the changing opinions hilarious.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
This thing was a goddamned omen. Even in the direct, Falco gets roasted by Roy (using Blazer).
from melee
Up specialBlazer5% (first hit), 1% (the others), 13% (total)Roy soars upwards with his flaming sword which has the ability to engulf enemies in flame. This move can be aimed by quickly pushing the control stick in a direction after the initial up special. It does more damage on heavy characters such as Ganondorf. Hits 5 times.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay, actually playing around with the patch now.

:4metaknight: jab/ftilt changes are really nice, but ftilt1's hitbox wasn't changed at all and I'm not really sure that nair landing lag was changed either but it may have been. ftilt 3's kb is quite nice though and jab's end lag reduction was substantial.
:4marth: Marth tipper jab1 is like, a straight vertical popup. This thing is silly. It doesn't look like true combo fsmash is actually a thing but I'm not sure if there's enough time to really do anything about it.
:4greninja: Greninja's ftilt went from trash to seeming like a very usable spacing tool.
:4dk:Dong Cyclone still autocancels lol
:4mewtwo:Seems unchanged at a precursory glance, disappointingly.
:4zelda:FF NAIR > FARORE'S IS REAL NOW, THERE IS A GOD

Top Bottom