• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is this like the thing we had before where we decided a character being bad doesn't mean they're hard to use
I think so.

It doesn't matter, I unwatched the thread so that I can preserve what little sanity I have left. :142:

I'd say Greninja probably is going to be a very difficult character to play optimally if the footstool combos he can do start becoming standard. I still can't pull those off consistently.
iirc i gave him an 8/10? that's hardly easy/10

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 GGs Phil. How do I deal with ZSS nair? Like it's 20 feet long with no landing lag so I just have to sit there in my shield like "help" LOL

Omg when you got gimped by falling out of fsmash. BAN•THE•WITCH

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
This made me laugh a bit.
Fatalities in reverse.
It looks like they're fixing them instead of ripping them apart.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 GGs Phil. How do I deal with ZSS nair? Like it's 20 feet long with no landing lag so I just have to sit there in my shield like "help" LOL

Omg when you got gimped by falling out of fsmash. BAN•THE•WITCH
GGs! There's a lot I could say.
- Celestial Fireworks killing at 50% BANWORTHY
- disappointed that you didn't use Tuna after the first 4 matches :///
- wtf that 3 stock in Duck Hunt did not deserve that lol
- BAN LYLAT I USED FW GOING UP AND IT WENT SIDEWAYS TO MY DEATH. TWICE.
- you honestly played so well today, me not so much I was being read so hard lol
- TFW our mains lost to a Samus aka the worst character in the game smh

Part of the reason why I picked up ZSS is because I don't know how to deal with her Nair either tbh :^)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
GGs! There's a lot I could say.
- Celestial Fireworks killing at 50% BANWORTHY
- disappointed that you didn't use Tuna after the first 4 matches :///
- wtf that 3 stock in Duck Hunt did not deserve that lol
- BAN LYLAT I USED FW GOING UP AND IT WENT SIDEWAYS TO MY DEATH. TWICE.
- you honestly played so well today, me not so much I was being read so hard lol
- TFW our mains lost to a Samus aka the worst character in the game smh

Part of the reason why I picked up ZSS is because I don't know how to deal with her Nair either tbh :^)
-See, Celestial Fireworks is too OP pls nerf :^)
-I just didn't really feel like getting my Tuna on after the first few matches tbh, sorry
-Omg you went up? I thought you were teleporting sideways cuz you didn't know if you would be able to hit the second hit or not. WTF LYLAT SUCKS CarlyRaeJepsengif SMH X10
- Thanks. You really weren't playing bad like pls don't be so hard on yourself Phil smh
- Lololol BAN•SAMUS
- ZSS nair is horrible omg. BAN•SAMUS•AGAIN

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
-See, Celestial Fireworks is too OP pls nerf :^)
-I just didn't really feel like getting my Tuna on after the first few matches tbh, sorry
-Omg you went up? I thought you were teleporting sideways cuz you didn't know if you would be able to hit the second hit or not. WTF LYLAT SUCKS CarlyRaeJepsengif SMH X10
- Thanks. You really weren't playing bad like pls don't be so hard on yourself Phil smh
- Lololol BAN•SAMUS
- ZSS nair is horrible omg. BAN•SAMUS•AGAIN
Samus too OP pls NERF. I was so sad I missed the paralyzer Jab Lock into Dsmash twice in the same match smh.

I also noticed you hold shield a lot without moving, even though it gets obvious after like 5 seconds of stalemate someone will have to go for the grab but it never was you. You should be able to react to my whiffs on your shield or spot dodges with a shield grab I would think.

Still think I have some ways to go before being tourney ready for next Saturday haha. Maybe it's because that I'm sick right now that I'm not reacting as fast or pressing too much buttons smh

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Samus too OP pls NERF. I was so sad I missed the paralyzer Jab Lock into Dsmash twice in the same match smh.

I also noticed you hold shield a lot without moving, even though it gets obvious after like 5 seconds of stalemate someone will have to go for the grab but it never was you. You should be able to react to my whiffs on your shield or spot dodges with a shield grab I would think.

Still think I have some ways to go before being tourney ready for next Saturday haha. Maybe it's because that I'm sick right now that I'm not reacting as fast or pressing too much buttons smh
So are you saying like I need to be a bit more aggressive when we're both in shield? I just shield a lot because I'm like defensive: the person so yea

Hmm well idk. You only had like two "bad" (not even that bad tbh) habits I noticed that'd be really easy to fix and then you'd be good to go imo

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So are you saying like I need to be a bit more aggressive when we're both in shield? I just shield a lot because I'm like defensive: the person so yea

Hmm well idk. You only had like two "bad" (not even that bad tbh) habits I noticed that'd be really easy to fix and then you'd be good to go imo
Yeah like I've noticed a few times when we are in shield stalemate, and both of us are facing to the left, the person on the left (who was usually me) should be at a disadvantage position wise, even if I turn around and try to do an attack you should be able to block or dodge it and punish. But I would turn around, throw random attacks on your shield to see if you would bite, and then grab you because I see you being a bit too comfy in the shield, which for someone like me to be in a disadvantageous state to win the stalemate shouldn't happen haha. Essentially gave me too much time to escape where you can capitalize on my poor positioning. Especially when ZSS's grab is so damn slow too le sigh.

I think I know my two bad habits and those are:
- Excessive regular get ups from the ledge omg
- Possibly air dodging too close to the ground (but it was supposed to be a tech welp)
- I can't punish opponent's ledge options at all someone send halp

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Gawd, I am trying my best to learn Peach, Dark Pit, and Palutena, but I have a better chance at picking up Sheik, it seems.

I got way too comfortable using only Zelda for the past five weeks.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think I know my two bad habits and those are:
- Excessive regular get ups from the ledge omg
- Possibly air dodging too close to the ground (but it was supposed to be a tech welp)
- I can't punish opponent's ledge options at all someone send halp
mfw can't count

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I'm 99.9% sure I have a hater. :secretkpop:

I've only linked the "When I'm Falco (+Others)" vid to here, so basically only my subscribers and you gorls know about the video. Seeing that it only has 20 views and 1 dislike most likely means that someone has subscribed to my channel just to put dislikes and hate me.

I'm really not sure why somebody has that much free time to pick on a small Youtube channel just to dislike. I'm honestly shocked that some person have considered an unknown dude like me important enough to troll and hate me.
But no worries. I've narrowed it down by quite a bit of who the culprit could be. :happysheep:

mfw can't count
Consider the second bullet point a bonus then. :^)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Semi-relevant comment, when people complain about ZSS's grab I want to say "but Villager's." I'm fairly convinced Villager's grab is the worst in the game. It's not the slowest (frame 14, ZSS's is frame 16) but unlike every other tether grab it only lasts two frames and still its total animation is over a second. Its range is also nothing special, slightly bigger than most normal grabs (Bowser's and Charizard's probably beat Villager's, maybe a few others). Pivot grab at least has good range and at least his BThrow kills, though he gets no combos from his grabs (I suspect you can get a techchase from DThrow on platforms though). Also, he doesn't get a ZAir (Villager's trailer lied smh).

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Semi-relevant comment, when people complain about ZSS's grab I want to say "but Villager's." I'm fairly convinced Villager's grab is the worst in the game. It's not the slowest (frame 14, ZSS's is frame 16) but unlike every other tether grab it only lasts two frames and still its total animation is over a second. Its range is also nothing special, slightly bigger than most normal grabs (Bowser's and Charizard's probably beat Villager's, maybe a few others). Pivot grab at least has good range and at least his BThrow kills, though he gets no combos from his grabs (I suspect you can get a techchase from DThrow on platforms though). Also, he doesn't get a ZAir (Villager's trailer lied smh).
I was wondering, what if Villager's sideB was the net and grab was the fishing pole? It's the only major item not represented in the moveset and lloid rocket is kind of not in Animal Crossing anyway.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Villager can go rot in his roach infested home :secretkpop:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I was wondering, what if Villager's sideB was the net and grab was the fishing pole? It's the only major item not represented in the moveset and lloid rocket is kind of not in Animal Crossing anyway.
Depends on how it worked and if it was a command grab. Lloid Rocket is pretty integral to Villager's gameplay.

Villager can go rot in his roach infested home :secretkpop:
He's the mayor, he should get a good grab if he wants one. :4villager:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i prefer to think of the stick as the fishing rod substitute because Sakurai hates fishing :secretkpop:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Sooo, what goes on in here typically?

I don't know because I was brought here once and didn't come back for a while and I still have this thread followed for whatever reason.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sooo, what goes on in here typically?

I don't know because I was brought here once and didn't come back for a while and I still have this thread followed for whatever reason.
if I can summarize this thread in a single gif...

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So with being at Disney means more streetpasses. And with that, I decided to actually buy a couple stuff for the Streetpass plaza. One of those being Ultimate Angler. In addition to Coraline being great waifu, it is actually a decent game. It's animal crossing fishing thats a bit more fleshed out. You even get little tanks to put fishies in.

I'm also glad that Play coins seem to actually be a decent alternative with the bait system it has, so in theory I don't have to have street passes. As long as I do the 1000 steps a day. I could probably have like 5 anglers a day. Street passes just allow me to play the game more frequently. Heck, having play coins also helps with that.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Brawl was and is still the best Smash game tbh.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
It really is great!! Like...you have to kinda turn your brain off when you see it, but what's great about it is that it knows this, and it knows that's what the audiences are expecting of the film.

I guess it's pointless for me to talk more about it until you see it :p So I'll come back tonight to read your thoughts on it!
I quite liked it. It was miles ahead of JP3 and I personally enjoyed it a lot more than TLW. The dinosaurs looked fine to me, and I just can't understand why everyone is so hell-bent on ******** that there weren't enough animatronics. I-rex was legit terrifying, and I found a lot of his deaths to be quite brutal, especially when he rips apart that one ACU trooper.

The violence was well-done and felt natural.

I can't believe they killed off Echo, Delta, and Charlie. That was a good hit to the feels. The end battle was AMAZING, and people in the theater knew it. After the Mosasaur kills I-rex, some guy yelled "F*** yeah!" and everyone cheered. Good stuff

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I hope you weren't looking for my protection as your 'Zelda momma' with that comment,

*Sanae creepy stare intensifies*

*queue IsmaR italics*

Since I fully support and enjoy Project M.
*translation*
Yo gunna git yo soul erased!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Zelda Momma, I enjoy playing Project M as well, we didn't really need it though.

I'm just salty because there isn't an adventure mode in Sm4sh yet.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I haven't played PM in a good while
Is Zelda considered good or bad? Last I saw people were still trying to figure out the new Din's.

Top Bottom