• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Remember when @ Cenizas Cenizas posted this?

Skype chat updates instantly (when it isn't being stupid), so instantaneous conversation is wayy easier.
It also makes all of your conversations meaningless. There is nothing to reflect on, no need to make well thought out posts, no good uses of gods and pictures, and most importantly, there is no page 89!

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Nice! How many people do you have at the ZSS skype chats typically?
We have approximately 10 active contributors, and 40 lurkers. There are a lot of EU and US people, so there are strings of conversation that happen at random times (as is convenient to those timezones). There's no limit on who can join the chat, anyone who posts in the skype chat thread with their username will be added.

We generally chat about random tech, tier lists, what's happening on stream, Choco, and right now, speedrunning. Also, the flowchart you guys posted on the ZSS social thread was a big hit. Got a lot of laughs. ;)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's an honour to contribute to your ZSS poisonous land. ;)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hey gals, remember this?

so I had this dream that I picked up zelda and did this really sick KO by holding down during Farore's Wind so I didn't ledgesnap and reappeared onstage to KO my opponent with the sweetspot

and then I went to try it when I woke up thinking "oh man this is gonna be so cool"

why does zelda refuse to be good
I actually got it to work the way I expected it to a few times

I have no idea how but I'm trying to figure it out

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Skype is aids in chat client form.

I miss when people just used IRC and Mumble so I didn't need to use a bloated program polluted with ads that crashes randomly and eats way more memory than it should.
just this, all my hate at skype is this is a little ball form that explodes anytime when a friend mentions using skype that reforms afterwords. I've got salt against skype for a long time

micstar615

Smash Ace
We have approximately 10 active contributors, and 40 lurkers. There are a lot of EU and US people, so there are strings of conversation that happen at random times (as is convenient to those timezones). There's no limit on who can join the chat, anyone who posts in the skype chat thread with their username will be added.

We generally chat about random tech, tier lists, what's happening on stream, Choco, and right now, speedrunning. Also, the flowchart you guys posted on the ZSS social thread was a big hit. Got a lot of laughs. ;)
Wow that's a lot of people, I didn't know it was so popular, I'm so out of the loop, it's like my age is equivalent to Zelda's tier position in Sm4sh (late 40s-early 50s) . Also, that flow chart was fabulous :drflip:

I've done it by accident too. Zelderp and FW are weird.

I appreciate @ micstar615 micstar615 ;'s avatar js
<3 it's very sexy isn't it? :p love Link's postman costume

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Hey gals, remember this?

I actually got it to work the way I expected it to a few times

I have no idea how but I'm trying to figure it out
I expanded on this a little because I have done this myself on accident and landed kills with it lol. Ledges are evil, they WILL always cause you to change direction if you don't sweet spot the ledge. I have had random times where I hit the ledge perfectly but it popped me straight up above the stage. You probably aimed slightly above the ledge without realizing it which caused you to teleport that way.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
There are definitely times where skype is quite stupid. Autocorrect shouldn't be turned on by default (you can turn it off, though), and sometimes you get massive dumps where 30 minutes worth of new messages get dumped on you all at once because skype is strange. However, I have history turned on, so I can go back and search (ctrl+f ftw) for relevant parts of past conversations, and I really do value the instant notification. Either way, I know a lot of you gurls don't like skype, so I'll stop talking about it lol.

I have legit used Zelda like maybe twice, mostly just to finish in-game challenges. I might use her a bit for fun just to see how she works. :p

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You probably aimed slightly above the ledge without realizing it which caused you to teleport that way.
That's what I was starting to think

but after I toyed around with it with crosshairs on it does seem to slide around the ledge at more horizontal angles.

I managed it from lower than that but the recording for that turned out horribly.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
There are definitely times where skype is quite stupid. Autocorrect shouldn't be turned on by default (you can turn it off, though), and sometimes you get massive dumps where 30 minutes worth of new messages get dumped on you all at once because skype is strange. However, I have history turned on, so I can go back and search (ctrl+f ftw) for relevant parts of past conversations, and I really do value the instant notification. Either way, I know a lot of you gurls don't like skype, so I'll stop talking about it lol.

I have legit used Zelda like maybe twice, mostly just to finish in-game challenges. I might use her a bit for fun just to see how she works. :p
Hey, that's the same for me with Dark Pit. Except I just hate Dark Pit because of his unapologetic cloneness.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Zelda's pretty great at single player modes though. I swear, being able to land kick after kick on scrubby CPUs is legit stress therapy. She's also God tier at smash run, the one place Din's is actually viable.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda's pretty great at single player modes though. I swear, being able to land kick after kick on scrubby CPUs is legit stress therapy. She's also God tier at smash run, the one place Din's is actually viable.
I think one of our thread titles has actually lampshaded this before.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
LOL guys I played melee the other day (idk if I told you) but I beat someone with bowser by legit only using <100% get up attack from the ledge and koopa claw

it was glorious

Spirst

Zelda works, she's a great character. Everyone here over exaggerates on her flaws and makes her sound like kirby in melee

SSS Tier:

@ Macchiato Macchiato (formerly: Salad Bowl)

Founder of the “Zelda Strategy Discussion” thread. Has consistently shown optimism towards characters who rank low on tier lists (i.e. SSB4 Zelda, Hyrule Warriors Agitha). When optimism is challenged, will often defend said optimism relentlessly.
This makes a lot of sense.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Such a shame that Smash Run doesn't exist in the only version of Sm4sh I have :'D

That's what I was starting to think

but after I toyed around with it with crosshairs on it does seem to slide around the ledge at more horizontal angles.

I managed it from lower than that but the recording for that turned out horribly.
That would just confuse the **** out of me tbh. I'd be like "okay low enough to get the edge LOL NOPE."

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
:4zelda:Bottom tier in the streets.
Top tier in the sheets. :4zelda:

*shot*

Spirst

Oh by the way, @ Fernosaur Fernosaur , I've also heard Tamacun from Rodrigo y Gabriela as well as their cover of Metallica's Orion. Gonna spend time now listening to more of their stuff.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Such a shame that Smash Run doesn't exist in the only version of Sm4sh I have :'D

That would just confuse the **** out of me tbh. I'd be like "okay low enough to get the edge LOL NOPE."
I find it so aggravating that Sakurai didn't put Smash Run on Wii U, where it has the power to have the players on the same map so they can attack each other, see their favorite minions in HD, and have a bigger or multiple maps, and it would be amazing like Kirby Air Ride. While having Smash Tour on 3DS, because it would be less confusing and easier to read because of the dual screen. I also think Smas tour would be perfect on 3DS because the boards themselves are graphically unpleasant but would fit in the 3DS version.

Sigh..... Sometimes I really hate Sakurai's "design choices".

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Lozjam Lozjam I legit think smash tour is gross
It really would have been better on the 3DS version. First is it wouldn't have been a graphical disappointment, it would actually look better on the 3DS version because of it's stylized look. You would have the touch screen to explain everything that is going on and it would give you the ability to use items any time you wished. You could have had Smash Run type minigames like reach the finish, defeat the enemies ect. It would have actually been pretty fun!
With Wii U they could of made Smash Run's objective to collect fighters, where you can collect trophies of your fighters and powerups and have the final battle like how Smash Tour had it...

Sigh....
It saddens me how I could have thought of better ideas for both modes than a professional and arrogant developer.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I find it so aggravating that Sakurai didn't put Smash Run on Wii U, where it has the power to have the players on the same map so they can attack each other, see their favorite minions in HD, and have a bigger or multiple maps, and it would be amazing like Kirby Air Ride. While having Smash Tour on 3DS, because it would be less confusing and easier to read because of the dual screen. I also think Smas tour would be perfect on 3DS because the boards themselves are graphically unpleasant but would fit in the 3DS version.

Sigh..... Sometimes I really hate Sakurai's "design choices".
I'm with you there. Smash run is one of my favorite in-game modes, and I would've really enjoyed seeing what could've been done on the Wii U version. Instead, we get Smash Tour, which doesn't demonstrate the better graphics at all. And when doing a mini-match, the game tells you what kind you're going to do next, but it flashes by on the screen so fast you don't get to see what it is unless you're really paying attention. I hate using a good smash tour power and then realizing it was a home run contest mini-match.

The other thing I don't like is how poorly designed the interface is. The fact that you have to exit the character select screen to change who you're playing against in For Glory, which resets your controller settings, is a nuisance. Also, why is the trophy rush mini-game in the vault section, where there aren't any other mini-games? That makes zero sense. And the fact that the game will drop duplicate mii outfits/hats, and duplicate custom moves. I have been perpetually 1 move away from unlocking all of ZSS's customs--and yet I have already unlocked them all for ROB, a character I never play as. :-/

EDIT: lol ninja'd

EDIT2: Also, the idea of having smash run final battles (the race to the finish, or climb highest ones in particular) as mini-matches in Smash Tour would've been pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom