• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Just recently fought an FG Link who was decent I guess, ZSS does get zoned pretty well by Link's wall of projectiles, so if Links play a bit more campy and defensive I think the MU would be a lot easier to deal with.

Also I never seem to know what to do when Link Dthrows me. Does he get a free Utilt at lower percentages?

And Dakpo putting work with that Zair, brb taking notes so I'll be one step closer to maining ZSS.
DI or jump away immediately from Link because D-Throw chains are absolutely magical. Also remember that most D-Throw attack successions don't true combo. The u-tilt thing works indeed at low percentages but I tend to use D-Throw and mix-up what comes right after and take a pick between F-Smash/B-Air/Reverse N-Air to Jab Combo chain (Jab cancel to d-tilt then F-air too if possible)/U-Air frame trap/F-Tilt to Dash Attack mistech punish

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Going to need to be updated, but that Sonic Up Smash, though. Wait, what makes Fox's Up Smash so strong then? Does it have a strong knockback growth and that's where its power is from, but Sonic's Up Smash... Please nerf. :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol yes :4duckhunt: now counts as my official secondary, i still need to take him to a tourney one of these days to know for sure he can hold up and not just be random when i don't know how to fight a character lol
YOU'RE IN LUCK, IM DOING DUCK PUNT'S FRAME DATA RIGHT NOW

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Going to need to be updated, but that Sonic Up Smash, though. Wait, what makes Fox's Up Smash so strong then? Does it have a strong knockback growth and that's where its power is from, but Sonic's Up Smash... Please nerf. :p
That video is like, trash tier.

Zelda's usmash, despite being ranked #40th, will KO at least 10% before MK's, ranked #7th.

Sonic Usmash gets its power from what I assume is high BKB, which is why it scales retardedly with rage.

Pit and Dark Pit have the same usmash too, but that doesn't stop him placing pit higher than dark pit.

Last edited:

Soul.

so im wasting my time doing the silly thunder wave infinite
lmao, why bother using meteor qa

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
my code came for adventures of pip
now I can be all smug when I see my name in the credits
tumblr_nmetaosDjb1rljy4lo1_400.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That video is like, trash tier.

Zelda's usmash, despite being ranked #40th, will KO at least 10% before MK's, ranked #7th.

Sonic Usmash gets its power from what I assume is high BKB, which is why it scales retardedly with rage.
Yeah, I just checked and its base knockback is 80 and knockback growth is 177 if nothing has changed. It doesn't help that it's a safe move despite being one of Sonic's slower moves. If it were to be nerfed, I'd like some of that nerfed power to go to Utilt. Utilt seems like there's something to be used there, but it's just there without much. As an anti-air, it could have been a good move since it lingers, but Sonic's better off using a jump aerial, Spin Dash, Homing Attack, Up Smash, or whatever. Shame since Utilt looks cool.

Fox's Up Smash is purely on knockback growth and damage like Falco's Bair; sweet-spotted, it has 94 knockback growth and 30 base while doing 16%. Checking more and Yoshi's Up Smash is literally Fox's, but tweaked. It does 14% instead with a knockback growth of 95 and base of 37 and comes out at frame 11 instead of 8. Good job, developers. :p

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Checking more and Yoshi's Up Smash is literally Fox's, but tweaked. It does 14% instead with a knockback growth of 95 and base of 37 and comes out at frame 11 instead of 8. Good job, developers. :p
have you played melee in a while? if you aren't going strict top tiers, it's match the animations the game

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
have you played melee in a while? if you aren't going strict top tiers, it's match the animations the game
Well, they could have done something different to Yoshi's Up Smash property-wise. The animation while it's "in affect" is the same as Fox, but startup, charging, and ending are different and startup-wise, I'm pretty sure Fox kicks with both feet before letting his other leg lag behind while Yoshi only kicks with his big foot. I mean, Yoshi doing a backflip is cool, but something could have been done to make it different like maybe make it cover Yoshi in a 180 degree arc instead of 150-ish or send people at more of an angle since I think both of theirs send people almost vertically. So, Fox's sweet-spotted would send people vertically, but Yoshi's sends people at 45 degrees, but to compensate for the longer distance, it's stronger. Yoshi's Up Smash being more consistent while Fox needing to sweet-spot and minor startup, knockback, and damage values don't really cut it, but oh well.

It's kind of why I don't like Dark Pit, Lucina, and Falco's designs and the Koopalings for Bowser Jr.'s alts. Dark Pit is the clone that even Melee clones had much more differences than him because they functioned completely different while Dark Pit is Pit with a different Side Special, tipperless Ftilt, and a miniscule more powerful Neutral Special. Lucina at least functions a bit like a Melee clone, but Roy functioned much more differently allowing him to be played almost like the opposite of Marth, while Lucina's well... tipperless Marth. Everything Marth does, Lucina either does the same or slightly worse and being tipperless only has more consistent and negligible damage increase over untipped Marth's hits. There's little to no compensation like Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Roy, Falco, and hell, even Pichu. Falco? Falco became more generic and more like other characters than standing on his own. Yeah, let's give him Wolf's Bair and Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ike's Dair startup when he could have ended up with a (pathetically) weak, but fast Dair spike. I wouldn't give a damn if his Dair couldn't spike until 999%, but if it was frame 5, it'd be kind of cool and balanced unlike in past games where his Dair was incredibly fast and powerful for a spike compared to everyone's. The Koopalings lose their subtle charms by being Bowser Jr.'s alts. I mean, where's Morton's big ol' hammer and Ludwig's magic? Oh wait, they're just Bowser Jr., but with different heads.

Edit: I don't own Melee anymore. :p

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I had to take a phone call in the middle of a FG match and that meant playing with one hand.

My Zelda 1 handed and distracted is better than my 2 hand Zelda. I got like 70% on the G&W 1 handed and when I got both hands on it I barely ever touched him again.

I don't know what this means.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
So I had to take a phone call in the middle of a FG match and that meant playing with one hand.

My Zelda 1 handed and distracted is better than my 2 hand Zelda. I got like 70% on the G&W 1 handed and when I got both hands on it I barely ever touched him again.

I don't know what this means.
Means you should tell your girlfriend that you are gay & that you like Death Grips

Rizen

Smash Legend
So much Link hate. TL is more annoying than Link in terms of spam.
Also I never seem to know what to do when Link Dthrows me. Does he get a free Utilt at lower percentages?
Link has no true combos out of Dthrow. He can go for an easy read of Usmash if you airdodge, Ftilt if you DI away, SH Bair/Fair for jumps and Uair if you jump and DI toward Link (which often works if Dthrow puts you offstage).

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I was about to say something about sack-ah-potatoes, but Asuna got my attention

Anyway about sack-ah-potaters, just watch him nerf Sheik's KO'ing again and do nothing about Luigi and Falcon. Although I'm kinda confident that he's gonna do something about Luigi and Falcon. I doubt he'll nerf hammer them because he's usually conservative with patches
>"Ganondorf is one of the best characters in Brawl!" says Sakurai
>Ganondorf is actually the worst character in the game
>"Samus is one of the best characters in Sm4sh!" says Sakurai
>Samus is actually the worst character in the game
>"I don't know how to use Palutena at all so I can't really balance her!" says Sakurai
>gives his seaweed waifu Lightweight and Super Speed as ALREADY UNLOCKED CUSTOMS

MasterHero Samurai pls

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
THE THOUGHT OF MAINING ZSS IS SO INCREDIBLY EROTIC AND HOT AND STIMULATING

BUT

I CAN'T

I CAN'T BETRAY MY WAIFU

I CAN'T LEAVE HER ALONE IN THE BASEMENT THAT WOULD BE TOO SAD

I DON'T WANT SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN OBSESSIVELY TOUCHED BY TOO MANY WAIFUFEGS
Accurate representation of SBPhiloz4 below. :p

He never said anything about hating characters aka, the unfavorites. :p

I also still legitimately want Falco to be nerfed just to see the reactions. By nerf, I'm talking about worse than Greninja's nerfs and on a bad character.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly, I care more about buffs at this stage of the game then nerfs. I think there are still a decent chunk of characters that need something more.

I mean sure, characters like Sheik probably warrant it, but I want to see more characters rise up.

This whole regular patch updating is great tho. At least it shows that Sakurai cares a bit. As long as the patches don't have a DRAMATIC effect (refer to 1.04 patch update), it's okay. I'm not really against the conservative approach of patching.

If each patch though changes a lot of character mechanics etc., then it becomes really hard for me to take this game's metagame seriously (it's already dumb enough that you don't have to play or practice this game to do well in tournaments anyway).

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Copy pasting of comments from the article I posted:

"Don't forget Palutena. She's one of the worst characters in the game."
"No legitimate competitive player I have ever talked to has taken [Kirby] seriously since the N64."
"I play very well with Pit & Dark Pit, but they could really use some BUFFS, not nerfs."
"I think Pit is just awful, with few reliable KO moves and an overall lack of damage/knockback output."
"Damn Ike & Lucina are op if you know how to use them."
"[Marth] is slower than the previous versions, but he's a fairly well balanced character. Have you tried chain grabbing?"
"Well f***ing buff back sonic's throws, if you're gonna make megaman, mario, and pac man's throws good do the same for sonic"
"Wtf are you joking? Link is mid-high tier. He's ranked 14th out of 50 [according to Eventhubs]. He's not below average."

MFW

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Accurate representation of SBPhiloz4 below. :p

He never said anything about hating characters aka, the unfavorites. :p

I also still legitimately want Falco to be nerfed just to see the reactions. By nerf, I'm talking about worse than Greninja's nerfs and on a bad character.
that reminds lady sakutena give Falco fox's jab locks plox

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Honestly, I care more about buffs at this stage of the game then nerfs. I think there are still a decent chunk of characters that need something more.

I mean sure, characters like Sheik probably warrant it, but I want to see more characters rise up.
I just want to see how people will react to a bad character being severely nerfed just for ***** and giggles. I mean, could you imagine in back during Brawl's days - patches were almost nonexistent because of how the Wii interacted with the internet, but regardless - if Ganondorf was nerfed? I want to see a saltstorm. Or hell, let's buff Sheik, Rosalina, and Diddy. WHY? 'CAUSE IT'S HILARIOUS!

Click me to listen to evil laughs. :p

that reminds lady sakutena give Falco fox's jab locks plox
NO! Make Falco's jab slower than Zelda's and can't connect with jab 2! IT WILL BE GLORIOUSLY HILARIOUS!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think Wario's Fsmash might as well be considered a projectile. It outranges Megaman's whole toolkit.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
tfw you find kill combos with Celestial Fireworks
tfw hearing Palutena scream Celestial Fireworks 20 times in a row has made you go deaf
tfw Celestial Fireworks might be the prettiest move in the game
tfw you might start using Celestial Fireworks over Deadat0%weight

help

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I was about to say something about sack-ah-potatoes, but Asuna got my attention

Anyway about sack-ah-potaters, just watch him nerf Sheik's KO'ing again and do nothing about Luigi and Falcon. Although I'm kinda confident that he's gonna do something about Luigi and Falcon. I doubt he'll nerf hammer them because he's usually conservative with patches
I hope MaskedHero Samurai avoids Weegee and Falcon. I like my ability to gloat at users begging for nerfs. :4falcon::4luigi:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This game doesn't need more jab locks ffs
I think Antonykun meant jab cancel since Brawl Falco's jab cancel was pretty good while not being as good as Smash 4 Fox's or *** compared to Smash 4 Falco's. Still, I'd like them nerfs please because of hilarity. :p

I see Mikagura School Suite is making it's way around =V
Redheads are cute beautiful hot awesome. Embarrass

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
tfw you find kill combos with Celestial Fireworks
tfw hearing Palutena scream Celestial Fireworks 20 times in a row has made you go deaf
tfw Celestial Fireworks might be the prettiest move in the game
tfw you might start using Celestial Fireworks over Deadat0%weight

help
I actually wanted to use that move when it first came out.

But lol lightweight + anti-customs.

Top Bottom