• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I wish our connection was better. I suck with G&W and can't buffer dash attacks :/ Does Pac hydrant beat G&W's Uair?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I wish our connection was better. I suck with G&W and can't buffer dash attacks :/ Does Pac hydrant beat G&W's Uair?
a dropping hydrant more than likely beats anything that doesn't reflect

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Amusingly enough from my experience if Greninja uses Up-Air when Pac-Man drops the hydrant he'll hit it and not get damaged by it even as the hydrant is clearly making contact with him.

So basically this:

I thought it was just luck but this actually seems to happen quite consistently. I have no idea how that works.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't think I can learn G&W in this lag. I keep trying to buffer one thing and have an entirely different attack come out. I'm going to go Ganon for fun.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the connection. We just got a new service and I guess it's not as good :/ Could also be that my Wii U is downstairs and the router is upstairs.

The windbox from UAir doesn't affect the hydrant but the damaging hits should (hard to time, though). USmash beats it handily though, as you saw.

First tip: don't use DAir to land unless the opponent overcommits. It's easily punishable. It's pretty good as an anti-air attack, however, and can hit some fighters through platforms.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
a dropping hydrant more than likely beats anything that doesn't reflect
Amusingly enough from my experience if Greninja uses Up-Air when Pac-Man drops the hydrant he'll hit it and not get damaged by it even as the hydrant is clearly making contact with him.

So basically this:

I thought it was just luck but this actually seems to happen quite consistently. I have no idea how that works.
you can clank the hydrant drop

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
This is addictive. She says it softy, but if understand different languages, you can catch what she's saying... There should be a warning for this video. WARNING: May cause diabetes and suger overload.
I heard German, Japanese, Mandarin and Spanish.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Kofu Kofu GGs :). Sorry for dropping out. I learned in Brawl never learn a new character in wifi. The lag inconsistency plus unfamiliarity makes learning in wifi terrible. I keep trying to play G&W like in Brawl but it's not working out :/ He seems slower and clunkier than before.
How do I combo from Dthrows?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
My skill level is pretty mediocre overall, really.
Homie. Homie. Real talk minute.

I thknk you're selling yourself short in terms of your skill.
You see this? This. You're baller.

I read where you go over your reasoning. You aren't really feeling it. :4shulk:You keep autopiloting. You keep losing to a Robin (by the way, you might want to hit up the RST, @Raziek specifically, if you want to figure out some countermeasures; they're good peeps).

You're still damn good, man. You cleaned up the whole social. I've not seen something from you yet that wasn't solid. There might be some bias inasmuch as victors writing history, but I honestly believe in your skill.

You wanna see mediocre, play me sometime. I'll show you what mediocre really looks like.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@2004Zilla ZILLA DID YOU WATCH IT ALREADY?!?!

I just came back from the theatre, man. It's good!! Like, actually good and not boring, ridiculous and stupid like JP3 was.

Well... it kinda IS stupid, but mostly because they sort of accepted that the pseudo-science behind Jurassic Park as a franchise is kind of outdated in terms of scientifical accuracy. They sort of finally accepted that they're not a science franchise, but a soft sci-fi monster flick that tried to take itself too seriously. So they kinda recognized that in-universe and just went full-out on a lot of stuff. The end result is pretty entertaining to watch, and has a lot of great moments.

Also, Owen is not an insufferable prick! And Claire is awesome!! And the kids are surprisingly likeable too!

It's kinda like, NOT Jurassic Park in the sense that, yeah, it had to grow up (or down, in this case) after 22 years.

But do let me know what you think about it when you watch it!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link's Uair sends Pac's Hydrant drop back at him. I didn't know if G&W's Uair wind box blew it or not; it doesn't seem to.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@2004Zilla ZILLA DID YOU WATCH IT ALREADY?!?!

I just came back from the theatre, man. It's good!! Like, actually good and not boring, ridiculous and stupid like JP3 was.

Well... it kinda IS stupid, but mostly because they sort of accepted that the pseudo-science behind Jurassic Park as a franchise is kind of outdated in terms of scientifical accuracy. They sort of finally accepted that they're not a science franchise, but a soft sci-fi monster flick that tried to take itself too seriously. So they kinda recognized that in-universe and just went full-out on a lot of stuff. The end result is pretty entertaining to watch, and has a lot of great moments.

Also, Owen is not an insufferable prick! And Claire is awesome!! And the kids are surprisingly likeable too!

It's kinda like, NOT Jurassic Park in the sense that, yeah, it had to grow up (or down, in this case) after 22 years.

But do let me know what you think about it when you watch it!!
Fern shut up about dinosaurs and pay attention to me and praise me ok?

Gosh, so inconsiderate.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Charging Smash Attacks increases the knockback you take right?
Why is that still a thing?
To punish reckless use of charged smashes.
To give incentive to challenge someone charging a smash.

It's been a thing since Melee, at any rate.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
you can clank the hydrant drop
Of you couldn't flank it it would be (borderline) broken, lol. It would almost literally be a "get out of juggles free" card.

@ Kofu Kofu GGs :). Sorry for dropping out. I learned in Brawl never learn a new character in wifi. The lag inconsistency plus unfamiliarity makes learning in wifi terrible. I keep trying to play G&W like in Brawl but it's not working out :/ He seems slower and clunkier than before.
How do I combo from Dthrows?
GGs! Sorry about the lag, I hope it's not a consistent thing for me now. :/ Not learning a character in lag sounds like good advice tbh.

Playing him like his Brawl version doesn't work very well. Almost all of his aerials had lag tacked on bar FAir (but in exchange for a severe damage nerf) and NAir no longer autocancels (it also has a less forgiving hitbox). His smashes are considerably weaker (usually killing at over 100%) and FSmash lost its lingering hitbox and instead got a sweetspot/sourspot mechanic (one of the changes I'm most bitter about tbh). DTilt was also changed significantly, but I'll get to that in a second.

Probably the main thing to remember about :4gaw: is that he actually has a ground game now. Jab has great range and can intercept a lot of attacks, and FTilt is a good defensive attack. Dash attack is wonderful at knocking opponents into the air, racking damage, and catching landings. Its main improvement from Brawl was the distance he lunges forward when he uses it (I do miss the backward launch angle though, it was so wonderfully quirky and could stage spike). UTilt is still pretty bad but I've been working to implement it into my game as an anti-air attack. DTilt is still fast but it's lost much of its knockback that made it such a good "get off" attack in Brawl and gained considerable endlag. Instead it has a weird windbox that screws with aerial approaches and various specials. I think it has uses but it's a lot more niche than before. It is his second fastest ground attack, though, after jab, and is still okay to get someone away.

USmash is great with its invincibility frames on his head before its release, but the hitbox is tiny and it's slow (hits on frame 24). It has minimal lag, however, which makes it hilariously safe to throw out to bait things. It's excellent for beating aerials and high-hitting ground attacks. DSmash has good reach and is his fastest smash (not really that fast unfortunately) and is the only one of his smashes to retain their lingering properties (USmash and FSmash are only active for two frames, I think DSmash is active for 5 or something). It is the weakest in terms of damage, though. I'll use it to catch rolls or landings on the side. FSmash needs to land the sweetspot to have good knockback, but it is his most powerful smash in that case. I believe it has the longest reach of all his ground moves. I tend to use it occasionally against aerial foes (since it has a slight diagonal trajectory) and against getup attacks.

His aerials are still good but not really safe to use from a short hop to approach. They are fairly good from a full hop, however, thanks to their short cooldown. NAir does 17% if all hits connect but no longer hits to his side at the start. Nonetheless it still covers him well and is great at catching airdodges/hitting people on platforms. FAir is a respectable move but unfortunately not safe on shield. It can wall certain characters out with some reliability and is great for edgeguarding. It more or less gets more potent the higher the opponent's damage gets. It probably won't kill unless you're near the edge, though. BAir is terribly weak damage-wise now (9%, 12% with the landing hit) and has a lot of landing lag. I've noticed the landing hit is good at poking shields, though. You can occasionally chain two together in the air for a bit of damage. Its high base knockback, large size, and lingering hitboxes make it great at denying opponents the ledge and beating out other attacks. UAir is finicky but potent. The second hit is one of his better KO attacks but if you don't position yourself right with the first hit opponents will just fly up thanks to its windbox. Still good at juggling, and didn't have its damage reduced from Brawl. DAir is a little disappointing to me, to be honest, but it has its uses. Its hitboxes aren't that big and it has a lot of landing lag (you can't slow fall it for a mixup anymore either). The meteor hitbox is small and only at the very beginning of the move, often making it impractical. It does a good job at challenging other aerials, though.

Chef is better in this game thanks to airdodge lag. The pan still semi-spikes and the food can trap certain characters at the ledge. Can occasionally set up for grabs, too. Judge is... Judge. I don't think I need to explain how it works, except that to my knowledge it never true combos out of DThrow. Fire is still good, though if used point-blank on a grounded opponent you'll often do no damage unless they're tall, instead only hitting with the windbox. The invincibility seems to be active for the middle portion of the jump, expiring before the apex. It's great as a juggling tool and also good for edgeguarding thanks to its launch angle and the parachute enabling return to the ledge. Oil Panic is better at collecting but otherwise the same (except no bucket braking, rip).

FThrow and BThrow both do 8% and are really only good for putting opponents offstage or for positional advantage. UThrow also does 8% and is actually better at very low percents than DThrow for combos, though you can really only do UThrow to Fire and then an aerial. DThrow, while different from Brawl, is still very strong. At about 15-20% you can start getting NAirs out of it on most of the cast (at lower percents they can often DI down to land to avoid the followup, but you might get a jab or a tilt off of it). All other aerials except DAir can combo out of DThrow depending on DI, but NAir and UAir do the most damage assuming they connect properly. DThrow to UAir is even a kill combo though a very frame-and-percent-strict one. To be honest I don't know everything about his DThrow combos, especially when DI is involved, but the key is really to just know when you can act. You can usually get a NAir guaranteed up until about 50%, possibly higher with correct jumps. If you read DI FAir is also satisfying. Or read an airdodge and gamble on Judge :p

Wow, that was long, made worse by the fact I'm on mobile. Anyway, good stuff I saw:
  • Use of Chef to restrict my aerial movement (I don't do this enough)
  • USmash out of DThrow (I know it was partially due to your uncertainty with DThrow combos, but it's a legitimate mixup and USmash has low enough lag/high enough damage to allow for followups)
  • Use of USmash to beat/challenge my aerials (or Hydrant)
  • Use of jab as a "get off" tool
  • BAir to catch me from the air
  • Fire going past the ledge to hit me into FAir (another thing I could do more of)
Things to work on:
  • Too much DAir to land (Game & Watch has great aerial mobility, use that instead)
  • Not enough dash attack (this was probably a result of lag though)
  • Too much DSmash (it's not awful but it is punishable)
  • NAir to ledge regrab (again, not always bad, but you lose your invincibility and become vulnerable to punishment)
That's mainly it I think. Game & Watch has to play a weaving/punishing game now because he's so light. He lost a lot of kill power which is a detriment in a game with rslage. Honestly, if he had a smidge more kill power or a safer kill move he'd be pretty solid.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
The true ending of Naruto is that Sharpay Evans killed Sasuke. (I didn't make this; I found it on tumblr)

"Hey~"

Sasuke scoffed and glared at the girl standing before him. “Sharpay Evans. I know you were the one who ordered my older brother to destroy my clan. For that, you shall die!” He roared, closing his eyes and activating his Sharingan. ” I WILL AVENGE MY FAMILY!”

“I’d love to see you try, sasuke”

“You can’t lay a finger on me, not with that horrendous top.”

That was it. The final straw. This boy had insulted Sharpay’s fashion sense and that was a fatal move.

“The uchiha bloodline ends here”

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The true ending of Naruto is that Sharpay Evans killed Sasuke. (I didn't make this; I found it on tumblr)

"Hey~"

Sasuke scoffed and glared at the girl standing before him. “Sharpay Evans. I know you were the one who ordered my older brother to destroy my clan. For that, you shall die!” He roared, closing his eyes and activating his Sharingan. ” I WILL AVENGE MY FAMILY!”

“I’d love to see you try, sasuke”

“You can’t lay a finger on me, not with that horrendous top.”

That was it. The final straw. This boy had insulted Sharpay’s fashion sense and that was a fatal move.

“The uchiha bloodline ends here”
Why would you wear a dress that shows off your kidneys though?

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
That depends, where's the sweet-spot, sour-spot, and is the rest of it just for show? :p

Also, forgot about this: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-power-rankings-directory-project.401710/page-4#post-19385401. @ Zylach Zylach 's #7 for Wisconsin's power ranking.
Sorry I got to this so late. There are 145 more messages after this and I didn't see it until now lol. Thanks for the recognition. That list was made by the #1 player here in WI, Marshall, whom I've faced many times. I'm grateful he thought I was good enough to be 7th in all of Wisconsin. To all the Zelda players out there, There is Hope!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Sorry I got to this so late. There are 145 more messages after this and I didn't see it until now lol. Thanks for the recognition. That list was made by the #1 player here in WI, Marshall, whom I've faced many times. I'm grateful he thought I was good enough to be 7th in all of Wisconsin. To all the Zelda players out there, There is Hope!
It's alright.

There is definitely hope out there.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just had my breakfast, and watching KY's Binding of Isaac Rebirth stream. Plus I'm thinking of trying out :4yoshi: now from seeing My Smash Corner's video, plus so I can have a somewhat better time against Rosalamborghini and Trash Sheik. :3

I forfeited because I wasn't able to finish or lose on time. I snagged two wins and one loss. It was a relatively small tournament. Guaranteed top 8 or a bit outside that. I went Shulk all the way and had power vision ready. I only snagged one kill with it

Buster and shield. I luv you. Also b-air

I defeated the following in order:

Match 1 (Won 2-1, lost 1 against Villager)
Ebola :4villagerf:, Ebola :rosalina:

Match 2 (Won 2-1, lost 1 against DK)
Ebola :4dk:
**** :4sheik:

I got defeated (although the matches were close) by an ebola :4villagerf: though. Seriously though. **** customs. I also got windboxed by DK in one match (but I managed to win the next match)

I love b-air, buster b-air, grabbing, and camping in shield

If you're wondering how I won the Sheik match, I stayed shield almost all the time so the damage I received didn't mean ****. Also, the combos weren't working at early percentages. I played patiently and intentionally allowed myself to get bodied in shield. He kept f-airing and needling and bouncing fishing. Little did he know that he's staling his attacks while I'm in shield art. I made my durations in buster art brief but I made sure I hit him which I did. I spaced correctly against Sheik, b-air was godlike and b-throws and stuff. I also power vision'd Sheik so yeah.

In friendlies, my :4fox: is on point~

My :4charizard: got 2 stocked :( @Space Stranger I never learn LOL

My next match (which I forfeited) was a customs :4palutena:

So it was a decision between a party full of good food or a customs :4palutena:?

Um.... Isn't that obvious? Food is life.

BYE

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
If you're wondering how I won the Sheik match, I stayed shield almost all the time so the damage I received didn't mean ****. Also, the combos weren't working at early percentages. I played patiently and intentionally allowed myself to get bodied in shield. He kept f-airing and needling and bouncing fishing. Little did he know that he's staling his attacks while I'm in shield art. I made my durations in buster art brief but I made sure I hit him which I did. I spaced correctly against Sheik, b-air was godlike and b-throws and stuff. I also power vision'd Sheik so yeah.
Hearing that makes me feel so happy that you wrecked that character with Shulk. <3

Buster to win

Also, I was a bit greedy with the u-smash reads. But it worked so yeah

Anyway **** customs. **** it. I still can't believe I beat that Sheik.

Customs Villager is so cancerous, they were shocked that I wasn't curb stomped by two of them (I beat one of them, the other was close) so they thought I was really good with Shulk or something.

Power vision wasn't that helpful tbh. It got one kill for me but... eh.

OH, Customs DK is dumb. I may have adapted (and beat) customs DK but I still hate that ****. I dropped a match because air bending magic. So **** customs

ajfkasjflsakfksfnlasksaf

Anyway, I'll go to the party soon so yeah

Last edited:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Lesson for today is....
BAN CUSTOMS

Customs :4villager: is Black Typhoid Bubonic Malaria Terminal Ebola MERS H1N1 SARS Smallpox Influenza Measles Cholera Plague Meningitis Epidemic Cancer

My camping game was literally rendered void and either pocketed or pierced through by a custom side B....

Had to forfeit because of so many events on the same day....

Beat:
:4ness: 2x (including a Ness that apparently was Smash Bros. Guam's #9 whose ass I smashed back to his country for the glory of my country on Independence Day and another one I 4-stocked)
:4fox:
:4villager: (4-stock)
:4charizard: (MY GORL :4zelda: TWO STOCKED @ Berserker. Berserker. 's Charizard)

then left mid-tournament. Me and @ Berserker. Berserker. reached Top 8 anyways.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Buster to win

Also, I was a bit greedy with the u-smash reads. But it worked so yeah

Anyway **** customs. **** it. I still can't believe I got revenge on that Sheik.

Customs Villager is so cancerous, they were shocked that I wasn't curb stomped by two of them (I beat one of them, the other was close) so they thought I was really good with Shulk or something.

Power vision wasn't that helpful tbh. It got one kill for me but... eh.

OH, Customs DK is dumb. I may have adapted (and beat) customs DK but I still hate that ****. I dropped a match because air bending magic. So **** customs

ajfkasjflsakfksfnlasksaf

Anyway, I'll go to the party soon so yeah
Lesson for today is....
BAN CUSTOMS

Customs :4villager: is Black Typhoid Bubonic Malaria Terminal Ebola MERS H1N1 SARS Smallpox Influenza Measles Cholera Plague Meningitis Epidemic Cancer

My camping game was literally rendered void and either pocketed or pierced through by a custom side B....

Had to forfeit because of so many events on the same day....

Beat:
:4ness: 2x (including a Smash Bros Guam player whose *** I smashed back to his country and another one I 4-stocked)
:4fox:
:4villager: (4-stock)
:4charizard: (MY GORL :4zelda: TWO STOCKED @ Berserker. Berserker. 's Charizard)

then left mid-tournament. Me and @ Berserker. Berserker. reached Top 8 anyways.
lol custom villager. Jank to the max.

Top Bottom