• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

D

Deleted member

Gorlssssss I got one day of Finals done. Only 3 more to go! \o/

3 more days......of studying and testing and grades and testing.......I can do this...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
also random question: does anyone know how to DI Boost Kick for best survivability?
Down, I believe (at least, based on my rudimentary testing just now)
If the ZSS just goes straight up, you can hold the opposite direction in which she's facing to escape the move. most intelligent ZSS's will probably realise this, and do the same (hold back on the control stick), but if you hold the direction in which she's facing, you die earlier instead of escaping.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Have you guys heard of Mobius Final Fantasy? It's a mobile FF game.

I have no idea if it's good or not - and I don't care - but apparently fans complained because the male hero's outfit was "too sexy" and too revealing, so the developers actually changed it.

More images under spoilers.

Of course, FF/Square Enix has never had any characters wear revealing, impractical fighting/adventuring outfits -- nope that has literally never happened, not even one time.

LOL. Male gamers literally threw a tantrum because a guy had a ridiculous costume for once.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend

I have no idea if it's good or not - and I don't care - but apparently fans complained because the male hero's outfit was "too sexy" and too revealing, so the developers actually changed it.

That's a man?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Down, I believe (at least, based on my rudimentary testing just now)
If the ZSS just goes straight up, you can hold the opposite direction in which she's facing to escape the move. most intelligent ZSS's will probably realise this, and do the same (hold back on the control stick), but if you hold the direction in which she's facing, you die earlier instead of escaping.
Some more details (assume ZSS is facing left when she starts the move, and holds right during the move. Tested on the lower right platform of BF with Mario at 100%):

Hold up, up-left, or up-right, and you die earlier off the top blast zone.
Hold left or down-left, and you die earlier off the left blast zone.
Hold down-right, you die off the top blast zone.
Hold right, you die in the top-right corner somewhere :confused:
Hold down, and you live.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Of course, FF/Square Enix has never had any characters wear revealing, impractical fighting/adventuring outfits -- nope that has literally never happened, not even one time.

LOL. Male gamers literally threw a tantrum because a guy had a ridiculous costume for once.
And yet no one got mad over shirtless Shulk

Nintendo fan base is tolerant of all fan service <3

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Of course, FF has never had any characters wear revealing, impractical fighting/adventuring outfits -- nope that has literally never happened, not even one time.

Funny how they feel uncomfortable about a male character being sexualized but don't care or even encourage oversexualization of female characters. Thanks society :^)

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

Pot met kettle.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
TFW Meta Knight's Dsmash and Usmash WHIFF at point blank

TFW that makes you think Zelda has hope

But then you go back to reality and realize Zelda will forever be bottom tier

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Some more details (assume ZSS is facing left when she starts the move, and holds right during the move. Tested on the lower right platform of BF with Mario at 100%):

Hold up, up-left, or up-right, and you die earlier off the top blast zone.
Hold left or down-left, and you die earlier off the left blast zone.
Hold down-right, you die off the top blast zone.
Hold right, you die in the top-right corner somewhere :confused:
Hold down, and you live.
Thanks so much for doing all of this research. It's really helpful <3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Clearly I have a very different view of what makes a man attractive. Girls in ridiculous outfits are always nice.

Either way, that guy looks awful with both costumes.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
People were too busy complaining about ZSS to care about Shulk
Tbh ZSS' design annoys the **** out of me. Why did they have to make her boobs bigger?

But the thing that I cannot stand is they gave her f****** high heels. I don't ever want to see women fighting in high heels in video games lol. That has to be the least practical thing.

Also this video is relevant:

I guess we know why ZSS is so fast though: she's wearing the boots of swiftness :secretkpop:

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
What was even the point of ZSS' heels besides upsetting people LOL. "Stronger attacks," ok no her attacks with her feet and legs were already strong in Brawl, like bad excuse Samurai smh

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Pretty sure there's Zero Mission concept artwork that says, "Don't put heels on the Zero Suit."

Kek.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
What was even the point of ZSS' heels besides upsetting people LOL. "Stronger attacks," ok no her attacks with her feet and legs were already strong in Brawl, like bad excuse Samurai smh
They should have introduced a feature similar to Pichu for ZSS. Whenever she lands after her flip kick or kicks someone, there's a 10% chance that she twists her ankle and falls over while taking 5% damage lmao.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

dammit censor D:<
TFW Meta Knight's Dsmash and Usmash WHIFF at point blank

TFW that makes you think Zelda has hope

But then you go back to reality and realize Zelda will forever be bottom tier
Steve Harvey makes for some god tiered gifs

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Funny how they feel uncomfortable about a male character being sexualized but don't care or even encourage oversexualization of female characters. Thanks society :^)
To be fair, not all strait guys do that. I personally don't encourage sexualization of female characters, in fact I'm mad about ZSS, but I don't censor it either. Same goes for male characters.

The thing with this is:

(I didn't realize there was a gay gamer . net site)
it doesn't seem like male sexualization but rather just looks weird, imo. Maybe I'm not into anime but it seems like male sexualization should make a character look more manly.

Not that I'd censor anything.

/my 2 cents

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
To be fair, not all strait guys do that. I personally don't encourage sexualization of female characters, in fact I'm mad about ZSS, but I don't censor it either. Same goes for male characters.

The thing with this is:

it doesn't seem like male sexualization but rather just looks weird, imo. Maybe I'm not into anime but it seems like male sexualization should make a character look more manly.

/my 2 cents
not in japan
in the west burly hunks are what is attractive
in the east Bishonens are the way to go

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
They should have introduced a feature similar to Pichu for ZSS. Whenever she lands after her flip kick or kicks someone, there's a 10% chance that she twists her ankle and falls over while taking 5% damage lmao.
lolol

Jw, would you say ZSS' heels sexualize her or are just very impractical? I've heard viewpoints from both sides so just wondering what you think. To me it seems she just has them to say "look! a strong girl! in a fighting game!" rather then sexualizing her or serving any other purpose.

The thing with this is:

all

/my 2 cents
No of course not all straight guys! Sorry if I made it seem like that.
I don't get Japanese culture :/
Gorl, you're missing out on the bishies :^)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I never cared about ZSS's design because I really never cared about her being portrayed as being really sexy. I mean Samus was sexualized ever since day one what with the "clear the game fast enough and you'll see Samus in a bikini!" thing the earlier Metroid games had.

The heels are silly and impractical, yes but honestly in the context of Smash Bros I don't mind them going a bit silly because this game is very ridiculous in concept alone. In the Metroid series you're probably never going to see Samus outside of the Power Suit doing actual fighting ever.

This is the same game where we have a 1.5m tall ninja frog that uses his tongue as a scarf face off against an ordinary fitness instructor, talking space animals, angels and more, I don't think this game is supposed to make sense.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
lolol

Jw, would you say ZSS' heels sexualize her or are just very impractical? I've heard viewpoints from both sides so just wondering what you think. To me it seems she just has them to say "look! a strong girl! in a fighting game!" rather then sexualizing her or serving any other purpose.

No of course not all straight guys! Sorry if I made it seem like that.

Gorl, you're missing out on the bishies :^)
yes remove those things they over sexualize her and they kill me way too early

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I like women in business attire. Really like the professional look. I don't like how ZSS looks.

What's a fun MMO to play? Anybody want to join me?

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
@ Rizen Rizen

I definitely agree the outfit looked weird. It looked terrible. But I don't think it's any worse than female characters wearing almost nothing, wearing bunny outfits, or fighting in high heels. I think a lot of the weirdness comes from the fact that we see women wear super impractical costumes all the time, but this is one of the first times a male character has had a costume on that level lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom