• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Meanwhile I'm reading over the Amiibo Thread to see all the raging and such at the horrible situation. I'll be super grateful if I can barely snag a :4charizard: and :4robinm: at Target (thanks to my Mom) on Friday, let alone :4jigglypuff: and :4lucina:. : \

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 my b on the timing to look away from here. PLEASE DO use the data in the fairy fountain. It's the for the spread of knowledge~ I mean, as long as you're not taking credit for the work, you don't really need to credit me. :p

Last edited:

Soul.

Wait, really? Why? I never for the impression that it was THAT centralizing (I mean, heck, it's not even 105 Speed).

Did their "Test Giratina-O in OU" thing go anywhere?
Landorus has been a dominating force throughout the 6th Generation, both in XY OU earlier and ORAS OU currently. With its impressive base 125/115 offensive stats, backed up by an above average 101 base Speed, decent defenses (for an offensive Pokémon), a wide physical and special movepool and an excellent ability in Sheer Force, Landorus-I represents an extremely versatile Pokémon that, in the hands of an expert player, becomes incredibly hard to stop. Landorus-I can fulfll several roles into any given team. It can act as a mixed wall-breaker, as a lure for specific Pokémon, and as a late game sweeper with access to stat boosting moves such as Rock Polish and Calm Mind. While the current OU metagame is ruled by incredibly powerful Mega-Evolutions (such as Lopunny and Metagross), according to many players, there are a few traits that make Landorus-I stand out:
  • its absurdly powerful special attacks (Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Focus Blast, Psychic), which get boosted by Sheer Force and get a recoil-free Life Orb boost;
  • its unpredictability, which allows it to use mixed sets to get get rid of many of its common switch ins (see Knock Off for the Lati twins and Rock Slide for Tornadus-T and Zapdos);
  • the lack of true counters, with the exception of Mega-Latias;
  • the fact that, despite all of the above, Landorus-I doesn't occupy the Mega slot.
These characteristics make Landorus-Incarnate quite a restricting threat in terms of team building.
Gira-O was an April Fools joke.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Wait, really? Why? I never for the impression that it was THAT centralizing (I mean, heck, it's not even 105 Speed).

Did their "Test Giratina-O in OU" thing go anywhere?
That was an April Fools joke. But yeah, Lando-I was never too bad for me. Difficult to switch into, like any wallbreaker, but it can be played around to an extent. I don't feel like laddering to vote in the test though. I don't care if it goes tbh.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Does anyone have a list of crouches by height?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
sheik is perfectly fine

@ Locke 06 Locke 06 how do you deal with mm as peach... lemons are dumb.
also im in losers semis gorls
Lemons are dumb against Peach. I have a good friend who's learning Peach and all the cool technical QFR stuff and Mega Man is like "lol I don't care about what you're doing. You might as well be standing still."

My best advice is to use the arc of turnip throws along with approaching either with spaced FAirs or shielding your way in. It's tough. But once you get in, DAir>stuff or Dthrow>stuff and stay in. Peach can do some dirty things to Mega due to his weight/fall speed.

Does anyone have a list of crouches by height?
There's a thread of character heights in the academy. It has crouch heights too, but it's kinda weird due to how some characters crouch (Mega's hands are higher than his head).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Lemons are dumb against Peach. I have a good friend who's learning Peach and all the cool technical QFR stuff and Mega Man is like "lol I don't care about what you're doing. You might as well be standing still."

My best advice is to use the arc of turnip throws along with approaching either with spaced FAirs or shielding your way in. It's tough. But once you get in, DAir>stuff or Dthrow>stuff and stay in. Peach can do some dirty things to Mega due to his weight/fall speed.

There's a thread of character heights in the academy. It has crouch heights too, but it's kinda weird due to how some characters crouch (Mega's hands are higher than his head).
yeah well he keeps catching my turnips ;o;

How's Rosalina vs MM

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Agreed. I can show something worse. Crossover art of Sora X Madoka. *Shudders*
Y'know, I was going to question why a pairing like this exsists, but then I remembered that there are probably even more wtf pairings out there.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Y'know, I was going to question why a pairing like this exsists, but then I remembered that there are probably even more wtf pairings out there.
Yeah. But seeing that one pairing just makes me rather mad. : P

Since I always see Madoka being Homura's waifu/girlfriend. Not some spiky haired twit's. :troll:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
yeah well he keeps catching my turnips ;o;

How's Rosalina vs MM
He can't lemon with turnips on the ground and most MM's are not good enough at z-drop re-catch lemons to keep a hold of them and stuff. If I were Peach, I'd just keep trying... but Iunno. It's a hard life.

Rosa v MM is, I think, even. MM has good tools to get rid of luma and forces Rosa to approach with crash bomb & stuff. Once luma is gone, it's heavily in MM's favor due to lemons and her height. However, she can uair him and play aggro with luma well. If you get in to the space where you can react to MM's dtilt/dash grab and still hit him with luma, MM can't really do anything but try and reset. They both edge guard each other well (Ledge drop BAir does a ton of work and DAir beats out UAir).

45:55 Rosa when luma is around.
65:35 MM when luma isn't around.

Utilt punishes Rosa's mistakes hard. Dash attack on shield = utilt or dsmash (safer at low %'s)

Last edited:

Soul.

@ Alacion Alacion is a 31 HP / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD Amoonguss good? I just bred one and got a 4IV Relaxed Foongus w/ Regenerator.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
No worries
GGs!
<3

I was surprised that Shulk's Leaping Back Slash has armour on startup. That's super handy. Shame I never see that custom used much since it seems to be rather nice for vertical recovery, minus the awful end lag. Feels so satisfying to get it though. I did show how rusty my Zelda was too. I'll probably use her mostly for fun now. :yeahboi:

And again, that intimidating Kirby. His cuteness will kill you. Also, your Lucario has some nifty stuff going for it too. I swear to god it looked like as if Lucario hit Lucina with a Bob-Omb when he killed her at 110%. (96% and he's that strong!? Daaaaamn.)

Them Lucina/Bowser combos too. *w*

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Why do characters change their height during idle animations or taunts :(

labbing the back hitbox of Shulk's utilt is stupid

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Thankfully I only dropped two ranks from what I was early today so it wasn't too bad. You really fell though, I wasn't expecting to see you in 34th (I'm at 33th right now lol).
I only fell a rank but lots of pints \o getting it back together though

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Why do characters change their height during idle animations or taunts :(

labbing the back hitbox of Shulk's utilt is stupid
Mega Man holding an item doesn't move.

But yeah, it's dumb. This game is unnecessarily precise with its hurtbox/hitboxes (Z-axis) in my opinion.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
0_- *twitchs uncontrollably*

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
Agreed. I'd show it, but instead... to save the trouble of me having to look up bad stuff like that.

Or you can just go onto DA and search "Sora Madoka". I wouldn't. ._.

And as an added bonus...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/funk_a_lunk/reviews Anime reviews. :D (Bad Anime reviews. :C)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

My whole experience of maining Zelda summed up in a gif
I've experienced this.

First time wasn't too bad so I (barely) brushed it off .

The second time though...

The day that happened was the day I stopped using her.

Never again will I experience this.

Remember kids: always try to wreck the phantom.
I know that feeling. But as of now, I'm trying to jump between characters. Thinking of either Mario, Robin or Luigi. Since I've now retired Zelda.
I thought someone disappeared from your signature.

Not too surprising on who it was.

Wario definitely likes this. I really need to find a copy of this game...
Wario Land: Shake It is an incredible game.

Definitely worth playing.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I thought someone disappeared from your signature.

Not too surprising on who it was.

Wario Land: Shake It is an incredible game.

Definitely worth playing.
What're you on about? She's always been there? :troll:

But yeah. It's mainly because I'm getting rather rusty with her. Might use her solely for fun. :3

And I agree, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension is great. I still believe Wario's Victory Fanfare was from that game.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
cant go, going to texas that week... entering shockwave...
daaaaaaannng i am going, it woulda been cool if we ran into eachother lol

anyways, in case you were at least curious, smash 4 has more entrants than melee, at 300, while melee has like 230. smash 64 has more than brawl by 1 person lol

Edit: also i just noticed you have falco as your main

what did ffamran tell you

Last edited:
Top Bottom