• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I have't really kept in touch with these modern animes. Too many to watch. @_@
Haha, she's actually from a 2010 video game. The art makes her look animu but she isn't a part of that.
I cannot remember the name of that game. Was it Nier? All I remember is that she is a hermaphrodite. o.o
YES. GOOD JOB GORL~ :^)

And hey spoilers much. >=(

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I remember watching a playthrough of Nier back when I was 14 I think. Good thing I watched a playthrough, because apparently the gameplay was a bit shallow. Fights were okay, but side quests were annoying as heck. I skipped all of those and just watched for the major story events. And the art is TERRIBLE too Square Enix pls.

LOVED the story to death. It was truly a compelling experience. Although being a 14 year old kid at the time, I didn't think I was mature enough to really understand parts of the story. Also back then, I never realized just how pretty Kaine is. She was definitely a turn off when I was 14 because of all the swearing and foul-mouthed language and sass she had. But her character is developed so well in the story it's amazing. Now, I might reconsider. ;)

Thinking back about it, if I watched the story again, I definitely might have saw it in a different light. Highly recommend you gorls to watch the story, and maybe play the game because it's probably dirt cheap right now.

NNID
Budget_Player
I never though I'd say this but...

I'm so bored to the point where I feel like I want to read fanfiction >_>
Correction: THIS is where I come in! :D

I can recommend, among others (you can find these on FIMfiction):
- Hard Reset and its sequels
- .out.of.character
- Life And Times Of A Winning Pony
- One Of Those Days
- Plural Possessive
- This Game Of Mine
And if you're into NSFW stuff, PM me.

...I could probably go on for quite a while, really. :D

Why was I called in here...

...Oh right, customs.

The main reason I'm against customs is they make the game more campy and defensive.
Yeah, that just isn't true. The vast majority of what customs does is open up new tools for characters to mess around with. Some of these are defensive (most of Villager's kit, really), but the vast, vast majority of them are tools that help characters get in and put on the hurt when they're there. Wizard's Dropkick, Dark Fists, Heavy Skull Bash, Thunder Wave, Plasma Whip, Gravity Grenade, Jumbo Hoops, Kong Cyclone, Rose Waft, Jumping Inhale, Upper Cutter, Light Turnips... These are all weapons that speed up the pace of the match tremendously and offer characters far more lethal and effective aggro tools.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Dead or Alive is best. Also nobody mentioned Virtua Fighter on the topic of 3D fighters?
God Dead or Alive Dimension's Story Mode was ***** slap central.
And why the **** does Elliot look so damn girly? It took me a minute to realize that was actually him lol

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
God Dead or Alive Dimension's Story Mode was ***** slap central.
And why the **** does Elliot look so damn girly? It took me a minute to realize that was actually him lol
The only game where he didn't look completely girly was DOA5 lmao

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
idc if sc is good or not it still has some of the best character creation in the game.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
that reminds me 50% of the Swordfighter boards are in this thread.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I saw the trailer for that monster girl anime some people were getting hyped about.

At first I thought it'd look alright.

Until I saw Arachne (Half Spider, Half Woman)...

NO THANK YOU. I don't like Spiders. ;~; *Will not watch it*

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
dang bowser jr is so fun

trying to find combos and setups with the mecha koopa is kind of like links/tinks bombs, but i almost pulled a wombo combo off last night, mecha>up-b explosion>hammer, looked pretty cool i guess

his damage income mechanic is kinda weird, but it could be useful, but i had a question

if someone, say dthrows jr, which will almost always be hitting his head, will it do the extra damage?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah, that just isn't true. The vast majority of what customs does is open up new tools for characters to mess around with. Some of these are defensive (most of Villager's kit, really), but the vast, vast majority of them are tools that help characters get in and put on the hurt when they're there. Wizard's Dropkick, Dark Fists, Heavy Skull Bash, Thunder Wave, Plasma Whip, Gravity Grenade, Jumbo Hoops, Kong Cyclone, Rose Waft, Jumping Inhale, Upper Cutter, Light Turnips... These are all weapons that speed up the pace of the match tremendously and offer characters far more lethal and effective aggro tools.
Sorry I have to agree with Seagull that customs are "powerful exploits". Most of what you mentioned only amounts to harder camping to avoid the moves like Dark fists, kong cyclone, jumbo hoops etc. Annoying attack chains plus a custom finisher that kill at 30% (or avoidance of them) will become the metagame. And then there are customs that make certain MUs revolve almost entirely around camping like the famous villager with trip sapling and exploding balloons. Remember planking in Brawl? Custom villager is the SSB4 version.
While some characters will become more viable like Ganon other like little mac get horrendously one sided MUs. Most bad MUs become more one sided with customs.
The game wasn't balanced around customs. People need to develop the metagame and get good with what characters already have like in Brawl when many -4 MUs became -3s (DK vs DDD) because people really made good use of their character(s).

NNID
Budget_Player
Sorry I have to agree with Seagull that customs are "powerful exploits". Most of what you mentioned only amounts to harder camping to avoid the moves like Dark fists, kong cyclone, jumbo hoops etc. Annoying attack chains plus a custom finisher that kill at 30% (or avoidance of them) will become the metagame. And then there are customs that make certain MUs revolve almost entirely around camping like the famous villager with trip sapling and exploding balloons. Remember planking in Brawl? Custom villager is the SSB4 version.
While some characters will become more viable like Ganon other like little mac get horrendously one sided MUs. Most bad MUs become more one sided with customs.
The game wasn't balanced around customs. People need to develop the metagame and get good with what characters already have like in Brawl when many -4 MUs became -3s (DK vs DDD) because people really made good use of their character(s).
Yeah literally nothing in here actually matches up with what is actually going on in the customs-on meta. Oh, and Seagull is a gigantic scrub who refuses to adapt or learn how to deal with anything.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hey gorls, a new site has appeared that talks about competitive Sm4sh!

Let's look at the Zelda section!

... O-Oh. ; w ;

Soul.

Its gonna be a mix of Tekken and Naruto storm. From a 1 dimensional pov.

Tekken = Good
Naruto storm = Bad(alot of broken stuff from what i heard)

Bad + Good = Meh
From a technical standpoint, game bugs are something to be expected. For the most of us, it's "I don't care." Almost every game has a game-breaking exploit. You may expect them to do well and make it sp that it doesn't have any bugs, but nope, it gets bugs.

There is no such thing as a "balanced fighting game" in my eyes.

I have never played the Naruto games, mainly because weeaboo **** ninja stuff that I don't, well, care. If nothing is good there, then what's the point of playing it? Outside of seeing anime the games seem like that one guy acting smart reading a visual novel.

Pokkén may look like it's going to get jank, but let's be real here: do most fighting games have some kind of jank? Perfect balance is nigh impossible. Machamp looking worse than others has to be more of a design problem (it's strong but slow in Pokémon games); at least they didn't put the type advantage/neutrality/weakness/resistance/immunity. lol

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wooooo raid time let's get the Zelda social 10% closer to the next page! :4miisword::4miisword::4miisword:

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The Swordfighters can't raid Zelda.

It's either our sass is way too huge for their FACELESS identities, or we simply have to unite because bottom of the tierlist amirite.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
From a technical standpoint, game bugs are something to be expected. For the most of us, it's "I don't care." Almost every game has a game-breaking exploit. You may expect them to do well and make it sp that it doesn't have any bugs, but nope, it gets bugs.
After 4 installments its still bad, its a button mashing game since one button does the full combo for you. I think pokken has the same control scheme.
There is no such thing as a "balanced fighting game" in my eyes.
The grass is also green.
I have never played the Naruto games, mainly because weeaboo **** ninja stuff that I don't, well, care. If nothing is good there, then what's the point of playing it? Outside of seeing anime the games seem like that one guy acting smart reading a visual novel.
erm ok.
Pokkén may look like it's going to get jank, but let's be real here: do most fighting games have some kind of jank? Perfect balance is nigh impossible. Machamp looking worse than others has to be more of a design problem (it's strong but slow in Pokémon games); at least they didn't put the type advantage/neutrality/weakness/resistance/immunity. lol
Just because other fighters have jank it doesn't mean its alright, Pokken has the same formula as weaboo ninja storm as you call it and they're trying their hardest to add Tekken elements. Naruto storm is outright shattered not broken shattered, you get one combination and no one can beat you and Pokken will do the same thing.

The game will be meh. A fun game for pokemon fans i guess, but it'll be custom Sm4sh in 3D basically.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
After 4 installments its still bad, its a button mashing game since one button does the full combo for you. I think pokken has the same control scheme.

The grass is also green.

erm ok.

Just because other fighters have jank it doesn't mean its alright, Pokken has the same formula as weaboo ninja storm as you call it and they're trying their hardest to add Tekken elements. Naruto storm is outright shattered not broken shattered, you get one combination and no one can beat you and Pokken will do the same thing.

The game will be meh. A fun game for pokemon fans i guess, but it'll be custom Sm4sh in 3D basically.
I'm excited for Pokken to be honest.

Soul.

Smash 4 in 3D sounds funny, actually. If Pokkén ever comes to Wii U I can already see the major stupidity happening. I may or may not get it, as long as it has depth I guess.
Also yeah the grass is green; I thought it was light blue.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
What was planking in Brawl again?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've always wanted a Pokemon fighter where you could actually move around freely, like in the anime or manga. The strats would be so real

Top Bottom