• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I suck at SF in every incarnation I've played. I'm just bad at traditional 2D fighters in general.
2D fighters are hard

What really throws me off about them is the lack of free movement, that's something I really appreciate about games like Smash. coughandelswordcough I don't appreciate being forced to face my opponent at all times and having my movement restricted accordingly because of it.

I bet you gorls are better at anime fighters :4villager:
probably play as the obligatory waifu
Ahaha just who do you think I a-

erm

welp

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Sakara is a solid high tier imo. like one combo does like half a health bar. I'm p sure she has one of the best combo potential in the game too.
Sakura was my favorite SF character since Alpha 2 which was the first SF I played.

Funny that what you said about her combo potential also applies to Greninja tho lol.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Omfg you're not ****ting me.

HAHA oh the irony!!!

Best new page OP though.
IKR? It makes it even better to me because I called it and purposefully posted where I did so I could get the page steal. Then I screwed up my math and posted 1 too early like a frickin chode for brain xD

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
2D fighters are hard

What really throws me off about them is the lack of free movement, that's something I really appreciate about games like Smash. coughandelswordcough I don't appreciate being forced to face my opponent at all times and having my movement restricted accordingly because of it.

Ahaha just who do you think I a-

erm

welp
I'm not overly familiar with BlazBlue, is that Lambda, Mu, or Nu?

I've never gotten into 2D fighters even though I have a friend that loves them. He got me one of the Guilty Gear games but I'm just so off-put by all the weird (to me) inputs like quarter circles and the like. I'm so used to Smash's simple button combination that inputs that require dexterity like that scare me (and I hear GG is one of the most technical series?). I'd probably use Faust in GG and Valkenhayn in BB.

G&W MU post is up if anyone wants to read it btw.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I've never gotten into 2D fighters even though I have a friend that loves them. He got me one of the Guilty Gear games but I'm just so off-put by all the weird (to me) inputs like quarter circles and the like. I'm so used to Smash's simple button combination that inputs that require dexterity like that scare me (and I hear GG is one of the most technical series?). I'd probably use Faust in GG and Valkenhayn in BB.

lamba aka obligatory trsgic waifu

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

That would be Lambda. I don't care for Mu, and in Calamity Trigger (which I didn't pick up for long) I played Rachel over Nu.

Complex button inputs for attacks is definitely offputting when you're new to the genre, yeah. I didn't mind it much after getting used to it, but I definitely prefer more logical controls like Smash'scoughorelsword'scough That said, 360/720 inputs are literally satan.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So I just brought my guitar into work and I'm just going to play guitar today and get paid for it, like what even is this job? What do they pay me for? Why do they pay me so well?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Honestly what I don't really like about most fighting games is that a lot of it just memorization and muscle memory instead of a reaction game which I find a lot more interesting. I like Smash not only for the freedom of movement but also because it encourages thinking on the spot since you have to read the opponent's DI and stuff in order to keep your combos going and I think that's a lot more engaging to play.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur

I'll admit... baby I-rex is pretty creepy.

They keep using the T. rex roar for Indominus for some reason.
They might not have the correct soundfiles, hahaha. But that trailer was at least pretty cool.

Man, I hope the black raptor trainer guy doesn't die predictably >_>u

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
They might not have the correct soundfiles, hahaha. But that trailer was at least pretty cool.

Man, I hope the black raptor trainer guy doesn't die predictably >_>u
considering that he's so close to the raptors and he's black... :<

Soul.

Eh, arcade-like fighters don't interest me at all. Smash is cool.
Then there's fighters with 2D and 3D forms of movement *cough* Pokkén *cough*, which is cool too.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Marathoning Cardcaptors.

@ ZombieBran ZombieBran

Did I miss the Welcome Back party? Why is everyone so nonchalant about this gorl's return?
I honestly had this same thought. He was gone for so long I kind of wondered if ZombieBran had actually died or something.

But I guess he is a Zombie sooooooooo

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
So many new people have showed up though. I was a new kid when you vanished, now they all bow down to me every day and give me fresh oranges. I hate oranges (D Tier for sure) but I appreciate the sentiment.

D

Deleted member

Blonde Gaston is nice too haha.

I'm really liking the new character designs for Fire Emblem: If right now.
I feel like this is almost Hoshido's answer to Nohr's Wyvern Waifu.

[collapse=You know the one]

[/collapse]

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I feel like this is almost Hoshido's answer to Nohr's Wyvern Waifu.

[collapse=You know the one]

[/collapse]
Everyone wants to go for purple boob lady.

I wouldn't go for girls that are too popular with everyone.

But she's going to be voiced by the amazing Miyuki Sawashiro, who also did the voice for female Robin. o_o;;

D

Deleted member

Everyone wants to go for purple boob lady.

I wouldn't go for girls that are too popular with everyone.

But she's going to be voiced by the amazing Miyuki Sawashiro, who also did the voice for female Robin. o_o;;
I fear she's already become If's Tharja in that regard.

:\

Drill pigtails is adorable though.

And Felicia is mine.

I don't even care about the bandwagon with her, she's sooooooooooooooooooooo adorable.

Top Bottom