• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Huh, there's actually quite a few Greninjas in the top 50 of the ladder right now, not only is there me but two other guys, one of which is also going Greninja solo and he's the one who's a lot better than me.

I'm still the highest ranked though but that's probably going to change eventually considering I can't stop losing lately because of lag messing everything up >_>
I played @ momochuu momochuu I beat her with Zelda the first time we fought. Then she started camping me the second set we ever played and she won. On Smashladder I'm known as HannahMontuna

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wario gameplay-wise is a pretty fascinating and unique character.

Wario character-wise is a fat, gassy, crude little man

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I honestly don't have respect for any of you anymore except Antonykun and Lavani y'all Wario haters are mean and basic
I hope you get eaten by him :4wendy:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
If Wario spoke actual English most of the time and not random grunts, he'd be higher than Sonic in terms of irritability in playstyle and character.

Spirst

I honestly don't have respect for any of you anymore except Antonykun and Lavani y'all Wario haters are mean and basic
I hope you get eaten by him :4wendy:
Wario is one of my favorite Nintendo characters in non-Smash games. It's just that his Smash moveset is a horrible excuse for character representation and I hate it.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I played @ momochuu momochuu I beat her with Zelda the first time we fought. Then she started camping me the second set we ever played and she won. On Smashladder I'm known as HannahMontuna
Play xDarkAurax he's ridiculously good with his Greninja. He apparently even played with aMSa before and learned a few things from him and it really does show. He even has a perfect win streak in the ladder right now though he only played 22 matches.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
but at least we can take pride in knowing that anyone that likes Rosie secretly likes Zelda too since Rosie is Zelda with a few different moves.
I know this wasn't serious, but yeeeeeeeee-no. I tried Zelda several times during friendlies, and I always get 3 stocked. Only 2 if I get a good read. I don't understand her at all. Every move of hers feels like I need to know exactly what my opponent's next move is. I also like to have hitboxes out...which is something I can't really do with Zelda or else I will die because a large chunk of her moves have quite a bit of lag.

As for the moves she shares with Rosalina, I can really only think of Down smash, and even then down smash isn't what I think of when I think of Rosalina.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I know this wasn't serious, but yeeeeeeeee-no. I tried Zelda several times during friendlies, and I always get 3 stocked. Only 2 if I get a good read. I don't understand her at all. Every move of hers feels like I need to know exactly what my opponent's next move is. I also like to have hitboxes out...which is something I can't really do with Zelda or else I will die because a large chunk of her moves have quite a bit of lag.

As for the moves she shares with Rosalina, I can really only think of Down smash, and even then down smash isn't what I think of when I think of Rosalina.
just sounds like you can't handle real characters :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Random thing but is :4luigi:really that good? Tourney results and all that lean him towards a top 3 or top 5 character in this game. And he does beat characters like :4diddy:and :4falcon:, but he has weird MUs overall. He gets bodied hard by :4sheik: and :rosalina:, and even some out of there characters like :4dk: give him problems.

Worst of all, he's not THAT advantageous against :4zelda:so that automatically makes him a bad top tier. :^)

Random thing but is :4luigi:really that good? Tourney results and all that lean him towards a top 3 or top 5 character in this game. And he does beat characters like :4diddy:and :4falcon:, but he has weird MUs overall. He gets bodied hard by :4sheik: and :rosalina:, and even some out of there characters like :4dk: give him problems.

Worst of all, he's not THAT advantageous against :4zelda:so that automatically makes him a bad top tier. :^)
Does that make us good bottom tier? :^)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Really, I have a Luigi in my local. He's pretty much undefeatable at this point in time. How does Zelda deal in the MU ?
For Zelda, Luigi's combo ability from grabs and his zoning pressure give her lots of problems. The problem I find Luigi has is that he's relatively slow in mobility, which means an aware Zelda can avoid getting hit by his grabs and combos. Without Dthrow -> DownB, Luigi has a hard time killing reliably, and he can't punish Zelda's laggy moves as well because of his traction. If Luigi can't kill early, he risks getting an early kill, either from a rage elevator or a gimp with Zelda's decent edgeguard recovery. Finally, Luigi's landing options are not exactly the best, and if the Zelda player can scare him to air dodge often, she can get a read LK or Uair.

This is all theory fighter though, haven't fought a legitimate Luigi yet. :/

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
For Zelda, Luigi's combo ability from grabs and his zoning pressure give her lots of problems. The problem I find Luigi has is that he's relatively slow in mobility, which means an aware Zelda can avoid getting hit by his grabs and combos. Without Dthrow -> DownB, Luigi has a hard time killing reliably, and he can't punish Zelda's laggy moves as well because of his traction. If Luigi can't kill early, he risks getting an early kill, either from a rage elevator or a gimp with Zelda's decent edgeguard recovery. Finally, Luigi's landing options are not exactly the best, and if the Zelda player can scare him to air dodge often, she can get a read LK or Uair.

This is all theory fighter though, haven't fought a legitimate Luigi yet. :/
Thanks, I'll test it out at the next local.... which is this weekend.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I use tall and thin.
Any reason why? I can never remember what all the size variations do for Miis. IIRC tall would give him range and thin would help him be mobile... but I could be wrong.

Also, screw Ike's Specials frame data. Everything is so messed up!
You're using Ike? He's a pretty good fundamentals character.

I think swordfighter and gunner are very unique
Gunner is like a mix of Samus and Villager with an actual grab and it's beautiful. Swordfighter is like Kirby and Link mixed. It's weird.

Wario is one of my favorite Nintendo characters in non-Smash games. It's just that his Smash moveset is a horrible excuse for character representation and I hate it.
They took out one of (the?) his only Wario Land moves, his FSmash. Little Mac isn't unique with his super armor smashes, Wario did it first :warioc: (I think)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thanks, I'll test it out at the next local.... which is this weekend.
Some advice is to be patient, and try to fight it on the ground. You can't challenge him in the air that much, and don't panic if you're getting combo'd early. Best to keep your cool, and try to wait for his attempt to try and kill you, and punish whiffs. Get stage control and try to put him in a disadvantageous spot as much as possible off-stage.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Any reason why? I can never remember what all the size variations do for Miis. IIRC tall would give him range and thin would help him be mobile... but I could be wrong.
It's just the Mii I made for an OC I made some time ago so I just went with the size that would fit with that character, it's not for competitive play or anything like that =V

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Some advice is to be patient, and try to fight it on the ground. You can't challenge him in the air that much, and don't panic if you're getting combo'd early. Best to keep your cool, and try to wait for his attempt to try and kill you, and punish whiffs. Get stage control and try to put him in a disadvantageous spot as much as possible off-stage.
Yeah, Ven gave me the same advice too. This time, I'm going for first place with my mains because it's the last tourney I'll be maining them other than Zelda. (she's going to be my doubles main)

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
lmao Big D used Mii Swordfighter in Grand Finals and won 3-1 in my region's weekly today

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
like Swordspider needs to stop winning so many tournaments before sakurai nerfs him

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You're using Ike? He's a pretty good fundamentals character.
I've been using Ike since Brawl, but less so in Smash 4; I'm data mining and his Specials are a soooooooo annoying to deal with.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Was it always a known fact that Ike, Pit, Fox, and Falco, and maybe Captain Falcon and Ganondorf have less end lag if they short hop their Side Specials?

Top Bottom