• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
:4robinf: kinda has dthrow combos, but nothing is guaranteed out of it. It's read and DI dependent.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
SCV litarally felt like a street fighter with better graphics. They took out Fan Favorites too with no good reason. Seung Mi Na, Talim, Taki, Cassandra, Dhaslamel.
they took away player control and added auto combos. at least in SF most people have to put in a couple hours to do perfect combos off of hitcomfirm not spam X move till it lands cause its safe or get a knockdown and walk people off the stage :v
That's my point lol If he changed something people would've gotten mad and he didn't people are still mad. It's a lose-lose situation for him, even though he tried his best to compromise. Game design isn't killing the game, we are
half of duckhunts moveset doesn't hit in a game with no DI, harmless techs like Fsmashing while holding an Item and peach ledge turnip free pull were removed, some characters can jab cancel still while others cannot...how we as players play the game turn it into something other than the initial design might have been BUT when you have characters that have everything they need to work in almost any given situation and characters who have had the same flaws multiple games in a row you have to ask "did they really go through everyone, and who decided X character needed this removed but Y character did not when it essentially functions the same way but now worse on character X than character Y?"

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
12/51 Up-Bs that don't kill :'D. VARIETY.

I'm assuming you meant these characters don't have a d-throw combo, because otherwise your post doesn't make sense. As an addendum to that, Greninja's up-throw functions basically the same as everyone else's d-throw, and Kirby uses d-throw to fair (I think?). Wii Fit's d-throw looks like it was meant to be a combo starter but it doesn't really work because lawl hitboxes.
yeah i meant doesn't
no kirbys dthrow doesnt have true combos.
WiiFit's dthrow either has too little hitstun or dumb endlag.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Can someone explain to me why Brawl Sheik has a +3 matchup against Fox

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Can someone explain to me why Brawl Sheik has a +3 matchup against Fox
Sheik could lock Fox down with her f-tilt chains. He could try to DI away but since it's a f-tilt Sheik could just chase his movement. At around 90% she could sweetspot u-smash him for a KO.

It was pretty sad and hopeless, tbh.

Spirst

yeah i meant doesn't
no kirbys dthrow doesnt have true combos.
WiiFit's dthrow either has too little hitstun or dumb endlag.
:4mewtwo: has no true combos from dthrow either or any of his throws. :4duckhunt: combos from fthrow instead of dthrow since the latter has no true followups and the former can lead to fair or RAR bair.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Ffamran Ffamran I'm not sure I can agree with you when there are some discrepencies. "characters each had their own niche" "Ganondorf's main issues right now are that without a safe way to deal with stuff at a range even with his massive natural range, he's screwed." IMO Ganon's niche is a walking death machine that hands out damage. How balanced would the game be if "If he had a sword like Ragnell, and could space well" ? You even said for example, "Superman in Injustice, anyone? I get it, Superman's all powerful, but in a fighting game, he doesn't need to be all-powerful like that." Ganon is a an absolute powerhouse, but he doesn't need to dominate the entire cast because "he doesn't need to be all-powerful like that" Why? Well, "There's a reason why Algol was banned in Soul Calibur IV and was nerfed to be a reasonable fighter in Soul Calibur V." What I'm trying to say is that you're being way too critical of something you can't change. Yeah, some changes weren't needed or wanted, but at the end of the day that's what we're left with. You say that Sakurai shouldn't stay true to the series, but look at us for example. Earlier, we were saying that he shouldn't have changed some of Zoroldo's moves and that it doesn't make sense, so imagine if he changed the entire moveset? He changed Down-B, most players just forgot it even existed.
That's the thing! It's because everyone is really critical of everything! If we gave Ganondorf a sword, he would either have to be weaker or/and slower and guess who has a sword is slower and weaker than Ganondorf? Ike. That would destroy Ike or Ganondorf's niche. You can't please anyone and you can't make anyone unique since everyone overlaps. People talk about Ganondorf being the ultimate punishing machine, but then you have arguements that Sheik, Fox, and Captain Falcon punish extremely well too. Or how the scary edgeguarding Ganondorf has also applies to Falco, Pikachu, Pit, and Kirby. Or how Ganondorf's raw power can be applied to Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Jigglypuff.

There are point where staying true to the series doesn't work when it was already tampered with like Zelda's fake Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and even Farore's Wind. If they were true to OoT, then Din's Fire would essentially be Melee Fox's Reflector, but larger and slower, Nayru's Love would basically be Wolf's Reflector intangibility frames made broken or it's basically no damage, but you still feel knockback, and Farore's Wind would basically be Mewtwo and Palutena's Teleport. At least Pit's Power of Flight does involve him being lifted off since if he actually had Uprising's Power of Flight, he would make Brawl Meta Knight look fair. Din's Fire never really summoned a "mobile" area of effect explosion like that, Nayru's Love never reflected stuff, and Farore's Wind was anything, but a damage spell. Hell, you could have given Zelda the spells from A Link to the Past and it would have been fine, but tampering with them does sort of ruin it. Here's the thing: you have to tamper them to make them balanced or make them work. If Screw Attack worked like in Metroid, then everyone would get one-shoted, if Aether worked in Fire Emblem, Ike would be able to continually heal and deal damage, and if Thunder worked like in Pokémon, then Pikachu would never be able to hit anything... Then again...

... IKE!!! FREAKING DATA DUMP! TEMPEST DOES NOT DO 1%! IF IT DID, THEN BOWSER WOULD HARD COUNTER THE FRICK OUT OF IKE IN CUSTOMS!

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Oh, and Brawl Minus is hilarious. Played it for the first time in 3 years and Zelda is still my favorite character to play. Especially in the newest build, Zelda is a beautiful beautiful broken princess that still probably loses to the broken rushdowns of the game. But she actually forces approaches. If someone were to take Brawl Minus seriously and create a tier list, she'd probably be bad. But she can do stuff like this:

they took away player control and added auto combos. at least in SF most people have to put in a couple hours to do perfect combos off of hitcomfirm not spam X move till it lands cause its safe or get a knockdown and walk people off the stage :v

half of duckhunts moveset doesn't hit in a game with no DI, harmless techs like Fsmashing while holding an Item and peach ledge turnip free pull were removed, some characters can jab cancel still while others cannot...how we as players play the game turn it into something other than the initial design might have been BUT when you have characters that have everything they need to work in almost any given situation and characters who have had the same flaws multiple games in a row you have to ask "did they really go through everyone, and who decided X character needed this removed but Y character did not when it essentially functions the same way but now worse on character X than character Y?"
Well, you have to first consider that Smash is directed towards a casual audience and the competitive scene doesn't experience a whole lot of love. We, at Smashboards, can easily point out certain weak points in a character because we look at it through more of a competitive POV. Could the same be done for someone looking through a casual POV? Maybe. As easily? No. A lot of my friends believe that Ness, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, and Rosalinda are the most OP characters they have ever seen. Wanna know why? Ness has the back throw, Mewtwo has the up throw, Rosalinda has Luma, and Jiggs can rest. With that kind of thought process, can you really blame the developers for the character's shortcomings? I can't speak for them in regards to removing tech, but if I had to guess it might be the online feature (FG). We all know FG is not a place where the best of the best gather, so what happens when a competent player faces a bad one and uses tech that the "baddie" doesn't know about? Complaining and lots of it. When people complain, something is usually done to stop it; the result, something a lot of us more "competitive-minded" people hate. Example Link's jab, @Rizen has already expressed his feelings towards the subject. Falco's playstyle from Melee @ Ffamran Ffamran has been talking about this and Ike. Marth's everything from Melee and Brawl

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
HOLY **** I'm finally done with this hw. ;-;
I've been working on it for like 3 hours with an insane headache. Uuuuuugh.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Oh, and Brawl Minus is hilarious. Played it for the first time in 3 years and Zelda is still my favorite character to play. Especially in the newest build, Zelda is a beautiful beautiful broken princess that still probably loses to the broken rushdowns of the game. But she actually forces approaches. If someone were to take Brawl Minus seriously and create a tier list, she'd probably be bad. But she can do stuff like this:

Now I finally know where @Potpourri got his avatar from.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

This is pretty dank.

ALSO VOTE FOR ZELDA FOR THE NEXT DANK ALPHARAD 101 ON HIS STRAWPOLL!
I'm not sure of what I just saw.
Jab comes out on frame 11. Falcon's dash grab comes out on frame 9. Nayru's has 32 frames of endlag and the hitboxes come out on frame 13. Zelda can just be grabbed out of shield. Idk what your point is because jab and Nayru's are not great options to stop Falcon's approach.
You're right, they're not. Plus, Falcon has those ridiculous disjoints. I usually use Phantom Slash against them. Sometimes it works, other times it does not.

So, does Brawl feel clunky to anyone.
Now that you mentioned it, it does feels slightly clunky. But I feel Melee was more clunkier than Brawl.

Brawl minus was my favourite Brawl mod. I liked it even more than P:M

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Huh, there's actually quite a few Greninjas in the top 50 of the ladder right now, not only is there me but two other guys, one of which is also going Greninja solo and he's the one who's a lot better than me.

I'm still the highest ranked though but that's probably going to change eventually considering I can't stop losing lately because of lag messing everything up >_>

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
On the topic of Brawl mods, I tried out PM Zelda again. She's so different feeling. How do you even use the new Din's? I liked the 3.0 one where you just placed the mines, but now you can recall the fireball and....stuff happens?? Nayru's cancelling is cool. I'm trying to figure out how to cancel her teleport now. And Sheilda is <3.

I'm having some trouble actually playing the game though. I read that there's no input buffer. I didn't realize how reliant I was on it. I can barely function without it. Moves just...don't come out sometimes.

Also Wavedashing is impossible and L-Cancelling is gonna give me cramps if I play Fox/Sheik, lol.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
How are they unique ?
Sworfighter: unique for what he doesn't have sh aerials, reversals, easy kill set ups.
Gunner: OMG Gunner <3 <3 <3 this girl has beatuful spacings and set ups that only she can do so well

Did I undertood unique?

anyways found this\

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I have wanted to try out Brawl Minus for a really long time, but I have never been able to get it to work. :/

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
On the topic of Brawl mods, I tried out PM Zelda again. She's so different feeling. How do you even use the new Din's? I liked the 3.0 one where you just placed the mines, but now you can recall the fireball and....stuff happens?? Nayru's cancelling is cool. I'm trying to figure out how to cancel her teleport now. And Sheilda is <3.

I'm having some trouble actually playing the game though. I read that there's no input buffer. I didn't realize how reliant I was on it. I can barely function without it. Moves just...don't come out sometimes.

Also Wavedashing is impossible and L-Cancelling is gonna give me cramps if I play Fox/Sheik, lol.
Under rules there's something called "input assistance" which enables a 3 frame buffer.

It's not Brawl's 10 frame buffer, but it helps.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
HOLY **** I'm finally done with this hw. ;-;
I've been working on it for like 3 hours with an insane headache. Uuuuuugh.
How do you think I feel with Ike's Specials frame data? Stuff is missing like a 2% hit that's a part of Aether, Specials are never listed, and it's not homework, but a personal project! I was going to do Samus's after, but if the next data dump doesn't have labelled Specials, then Samus will have to find another chump to mine through the slums for her! ... And my thread was moderated so nobody can see my work. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Sworfighter: unique for what he doesn't have sh aerials, reversals, easy kill set ups.
Gunner: OMG Gunner <3 <3 <3 this girl has beatuful spacings and set ups that only she can do so well

Did I undertood unique?

anyways found this\
Nayru's Rejection.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wario is ugly and pretty gross. I never use the character unless Random chooses so.

Top Bottom