• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
*blinks* wha

Falcon has a crazy awesome mixup game. Fastfall empty hop into jab, perfect pivot (the longest perfect pivot in the game) jab/d-tilt, RAR b-air out of dash, dash grab, dash attack, empty hop dash in, SH n-air, SH falling up-air on shield -> jab, dash in shield, Raptor Boost/Falcon Kick, run behind turn-around jab, run behind Raptor Boost, crossup up-air and b-air, double jump fastfall d-air/n-air/dash grab... all of these, and more, are strong options for Falcon.

Falcon has more options in neutral than anyone but Sheik and maybe Pikachu (but only because of Quick Attack).
Falcon only needs to approach if he doesn't have the lead. Din's Fire is beyond useless, you're never going to hit a character as fast as Falcon with that from long-range. If I have the lead as Falcon I'm going to sit and wait for you to approach me.

Falcon's neutral game is like, top 5.

It's not neutral that Falcon struggles in. It's disadvantage. He gets bodied in disadvantage, but in neutral he's a king.
@ Macchiato Macchiato here's what I meant. It's not like Falcon can just be shut out with jab (especially when Zelda's jab is frame 11). Nayru's is super laggy, too.

(Sorry for the notification, SolidSense)!

edit: F*** that was my 1000th post. I've been working on something for a while, but I guess that's not happening. Maybe I'll still post it when I finish.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Bair < Shield
Dash Grab is stopped by jab
Falcon Kick < Shield
Nair < Shield
Uair < Shield
WHOA! IT'S ALMOST LIEK DA SHIELD IS A MOVE MAID FUR BLOCKING ATTACKS!

I never said they were safe but they are his options.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Once again leaving lol

Gamer is ridiculous

this page is dedicated to 5-volt

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
yeah but the rest can be shielded other than DG which is stopped by jab and nayru
Jab comes out on frame 11. Falcon's dash grab comes out on frame 9. Nayru's has 32 frames of endlag and the hitboxes come out on frame 13. Zelda can just be grabbed out of shield. Idk what your point is because jab and Nayru's are not great options to stop Falcon's approach.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Jab comes out on frame 11. Falcon's dash grab comes out on frame 9. Nayru's has 32 frames of endlag and the hitboxes come out on frame 13. Zelda can just be grabbed out of shield. Idk what your point is because jab and Nayru's are not great options to stop Falcon's approach.
If you see them running at you, then throw it out. I played tweek's falcon a while ago and throwing out jab worked for stopping jab approaches.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
A jab that's slower than a dash grab.

What a joke.

Jabs are supposed to be a character's fastest move, not one of their slowest.

It feels good to be free from the shackles of mediocrity.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If you see them running at you, then throw it out. I played tweek's falcon a while ago and throwing out jab worked for stopping jos approaches.
Wifi has this magical thing called lag. That in and of itself means that online matches cannot be used to correctly judge match ups. Nayru's is amazing on wifi because it's really hard to react to it with lag. You'll get punished for using it every time when playing a decent play offline, though.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Jab works well against Falcon to a point. But once they start to expect it and mix up their approach options, it's not that great.

Not to mention when you hit with it, a lot of the time Falcon can jab and stop our follow-ups so our jab > DA/grab combo isn't very reliable against him. So most of the time we stop his approach and deal 2%-6%.

But if he gets in, he can deal so much damage and then gain the lead. Now he doesn't have to approach and we absolutely cannot approach him, so...

Sure, reckless aggressive Falcons are easy (but annoying). Calm and defensive (campy) Falcons wreck us.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 Great ****ing games there I'm laughing my head off at some of them. Very nice Zelda/Shulk!

Probably with Zelda is just to get the timing of those Dtilts at the ledge as they will be very helpful on some MUs I feel (though this is something I need to git gud at myself). Can't say anything for Shulk tho sorry

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wifi has this magical thing called lag. That in and of itself means that online matches cannot be used to correctly judge match ups. Nayru's is amazing on wifi because it's really hard to react to it with lag. You'll get punished for using it every time when playing a decent play offline, though.
ok in theory, the zelda would input the jab first making it hit first. the falcon could shield but, correct me if im wrong, due to jab have like no endlag. Its pretty safe on shield.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Is it weird that I don't mind Zelda dittos?

It's mainly because I don't get salty over the other player having vastly better moves and options. At least in zelda dittos the opponent's character sucks as much as ours lol

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I really ought to stop playing FG. Starting to feel like I've sort of hit the wall, and I'm just not improving any more (probably getting worse, if anything). It might be just because of wi-fi, but, while I can beat players who actually try to play the game properly, I keep getting scrubs who just come in and hit buttons, and will still beat me. Not exactly sure what to make of it. :/

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Thanks! You have a very good Zelda as well and a good Swordfighter. That was an amazing Mii tbh
Cheers! :3 The things you can do with a default Mii (I wish I was the one who came up with the name tho) :p

I really ought to stop playing FG. Starting to feel like I've sort of hit the wall, and I'm just not improving any more (probably getting worse, if anything). It might be just because of wi-fi, but, while I can beat players who actually try to play the game properly, I keep getting scrubs who just come in and hit buttons, and will still beat me. Not exactly sure what to make of it. :/
You play fire with fire sis

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Don't let it bother you that you're losing to bad people bc...it's Roll Glory lol. Don't take that place seriously. Just remember that you can beat good people and that you're a good player. If you want to give up FG then a ton of the gorls here would play with you

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
ok in theory, the zelda would input the jab first making it hit first. the falcon could shield but, correct me if im wrong, due to jab have like no endlag. Its pretty safe on shield.
It has like 9 frames of endlag, which is pretty decent. However, it's not like jab is going to do much to him, since he can still approach and then murder Zelda. Jab's hitboxes aren't too fantastic, either. And Falcon can always jump and use an aerial to start a combo.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The recovery on his grabs is what throws me off the most about the character. Like damn I get punished every time I go for a grab so I now know why a lot of Villagers don't go for it.
It was recently pointed out that USmash OoS is actually faster than grabbing. NAir is even better but it lacks range.

I'm not using an optimal Mii Brawler but my god this character is so fun
What's your setup? Size/moveset. For what it's worth, Dapuffster plays default size.

No, I will not live with :falcon: again! I CANNOT LIVE WITH THE NERFED KNEE!

I came here to laugh at you. :4falcon:
Melee knees are so easy to land lol

Real talk though, would Falcon still he usable if his dash grab wasn't huge and his dash attack wasn't safe on Bob-omb? I think he would. He just wouldn't be quite as easy to pick up.

Raptor Boost doesn't bother me. Much. Playing light characters can make it a bit irksome, but at least it's super unsafe on shield. And hey, you can take solace in the fact that Pit's Upperdash Arm is better than it in every way except kill power!

Once again leaving lol

Gamer is ridiculous

this page is dedicated to 5-volt
Gamer is one of my favorite stages. No joke.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You play fire with fire sis
ok
brb spamming :4falcon: dash attacks and :4mario: d-throw > u-tilt x100000000

Don't let it bother you that you're losing to bad people bc...it's Roll Glory lol. Don't take that place seriously. Just remember that you can beat good people and that you're a good player. If you want to give up FG then a ton of the gorls here would play with you
Thanks :) Yeah, I'd love to get some games in against people here. Just as long as my internet co-operates :/ (it's not that bad for lag, it just randomly decides to not work sometimes).

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The series as a whole has terrible character design. Why do you think characters like 64 Kirby, Melee Fox and Falco, Brawl Meta Knight, Falco, and Ganondorf, Smash 4 Diddy, and Zelda exists? Oh, yeah, bad character design.

Anyway, there is no way Ike's Eruption comes out a frame 11, right? That's probably when it can charge. The Japanese frame data listed it as 30 and that seems more plausible. Ike's Specials frame data is just pure horror... Falco's was too. Specials in general are pure horror.
It's not even a matter of characters being bad. What you're talking about is bad execution. I'm talking about bad design. Bad moveset concepts. Not only did Sm4sh got execution wrong, it also completely butchered every character's concept design by making everyone do exactly the same things. We have a roster of 51 characters that are all basically the same.

In Sm4sh there's two types of characters. Those who grab you and then chain the same aerial attack 3 times, or those who have ONE special move that basically centralizes their whole moveset around it, with no unique or interesting individual qualities to them.

Tbh the only characters I find to be interesting by design are Rosalina, Pac-Man, Shulk, Villager and Bowser. The rest are just carbon copies with different colors and different visuals. The only thing that differentiates characters is whether they're strong due to execution and frame data or not, and by now I've grown bored of this.

Brawl was a terrible game due to its crappy mechanics, slow engine and a bunch of other problems, but at least the character design was great. Peach was unique, the ICs were unique, Zelda was unique, Ness was unique, Snake was SUPER unique, Olimar was unique, DDD was unique, Link was unique, even the three furries were unique when grouped together and in comparison to the rest of the cast. Characters actually felt different from each other, and you had to give some time to every character in order to find the potential of all of their tools.

In Sm4sh everyone does the same thing. Grab, d-throw, fair/nair/uair... and that's it. Sure, there are other moves and whatnot, but in general everyone is basically just the same thing.

That's why Sm4sh's design is bad, not because characters have dumb frame data or reach. It's because barely any character in this game has individuality.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
He's had Zelda in his last 2 or 3 strawpolls and she has consistently been the least voted for. I guess everyone hates Zorldo :(
I think she was second to last in the one after Jiggs

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Zelda has never been popular though, she's always been a low fan favorite and kind of only in it because she's the star princess and triforce of wisdom. but at least we can take pride in knowing that anyone that likes Rosie secretly likes Zelda too since Rosie is Zelda with a few different moves.

also on Falcon, take those damn disjoints away and i'll be happy he moves too fast and doesn't need disjoints like that.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
ITT: Everyone is salty that :4falcon: has returned to punishing characters lower than him
:4wario:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's not even a matter of characters being bad. What you're talking about is bad execution. I'm talking about bad design. Bad moveset concepts. Not only did Sm4sh got execution wrong, it also completely butchered every character's concept design by making everyone do exactly the same things. We have a roster of 51 characters that are all basically the same.

In Sm4sh there's two types of characters. Those who grab you and then chain the same aerial attack 3 times, or those who have ONE special move that basically centralizes their whole moveset around it, with no unique or interesting individual qualities to them.

Tbh the only characters I find to be interesting by design are Rosalina, Pac-Man, Shulk, Villager and Bowser. The rest are just carbon copies with different colors and different visuals. The only thing that differentiates characters is whether they're strong due to execution and frame data or not, and by now I've grown bored of this.

Brawl was a terrible game due to its crappy mechanics, slow engine and a bunch of other problems, but at least the character design was great. Peach was unique, the ICs were unique, Zelda was unique, Ness was unique, Snake was SUPER unique, Olimar was unique, DDD was unique, Link was unique, even the three furries were unique when grouped together and in comparison to the rest of the cast. Characters actually felt different from each other, and you had to give some time to every character in order to find the potential of all of their tools.

In Sm4sh everyone does the same thing. Grab, d-throw, fair/nair/uair... and that's it. Sure, there are other moves and whatnot, but in general everyone is basically just the same thing.

That's why Sm4sh's design is bad, not because characters have dumb frame data or reach. It's because barely any character in this game has individuality.
Beautiful.

Take this :starman: to protect you from potential attacks.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Honestly interested in which characters are which

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
but at least we can take pride in knowing that anyone that likes Rosie secretly likes Zelda too since Rosie is Zelda with a few different moves.
I'll quit Smash if :4sonic::4miibrawl: violates Zelda like he did Rosalina. And having the entire Rosalinda cult playing Zelda would be enough for me to jump off a cliff or something.

Last edited:

Soul.

The only things I miss from Brawl are Pika CGs, NAir doing 12% instead of 8%, and uhm, yeah. I didn't mention QAC because it's still in Smash 4, and I'd rather have Smash 4 QA.
Smash 4 makes everything simplified; I honestly don't think this is a bad thing. Yeah, Brawl characters were unique... so?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'll quit Smash if :4sonic::4miibrawl: violates Zelda like he did to Rosalina. And having the entire Rosalinda cult playing Zelda would be enough for me to jump off a cliff or something.
i dont think sonic is as bad as it is for rosalina. at least she has fsmash to beat spin dash. its still unfavorable but imo its really not that bad

BRAWLER IS BS

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
lmao and I just started considering Captain Falcon as a potential secondary.

i dont think sonic is as bad as it is for rosalina. at least she has fsmash to beat spin dash. its still unfavorable but imo its really not that bad

BRAWLER IS BS
He meant the user, dude.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah, Brawl characters were unique... so?
Have you ever heard of quality over quantity? Sure, Smash 4 has a lot of characters and the game is accessible for everyone, but when every character feels the same or very similar, you've got a problem.

Characters that were unique in Brawl:
:ivysaur::squirtle::zelda::zerosuitsamus::peach::popo::wolf::yoshi2::olimar::snake:

Characters that are unique in Smash 4:
:rosalina::4megaman::4duckhunt::4villager::4pacman::4robinf::4littlemac:

Last edited:
Top Bottom