• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why didn't phantom reflect back?
Where he get phantom reflects lol?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
SFLR_9: I can't look at male Robin anymore bc his character select picture looks like doge

Great now I can't unsee it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Got bored and I was curious, but what is considered good or bad end lag?
Normals
Move|Hit Frames|Total Frames
Jab 1|2-4|22
Jab 2|10-12|32
Rapid Jab Finisher|5-6|39
Dash Attack|8-17|39
Utilt|5-16|36
Ftilt|6-8|27
Dtilt|7-9|27
Up Smash|8-19|49
Side Smash|17-20|48
Down Smash|7-9|46
Grab|8-9|31
Dash Grab|10-11|39
Pivot Grab|11-12|37

Aerials
Move|Hit Frames|Total Frames|Landing Lag
Nair|3-23|48|15
Uair|10-14|37|15
Fair|12-36|58|32
Bair|4-11|37|15
Dair|16-31|51|26

Default Specials
Move|Startup|Total Frames
Blaster (ground)|11|58
Blaster (aerial)|9|49
Fire Bird|20|19* (Landing Lag)
Falco Phantasm|18|60
Reflector|5|50

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I saw Zelda get exposed by lemons, Aero not doing enough sass to win, AND got rejected on my marriage proposal to one of the Aussie commentators.

brb kms

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
;-; it wasn't enough gorls.

You will never fall apart, Aero you're still in our hearts
Never let you fall apart together we'll dance in the dark.

That's it, playing Zelda is pretty much dancing in the dark.

I would like to say a few highlights;
1. Commentator be like
UpB is like Zelda's only kill option of course it will kill again
2. When that phantom didn't get reflected I died inside like wtf
3. Another commentator moment when he was rejecting one of our ladies

Sadness but it was clawesome to watch @Aerodrome

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Now, I love :4zelda:for all the wrong reasons:
- Still like her as a waifu so waifufegness still lingers
- Masochist
- Likes to be dominated
- Sucks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Has sucked for 10+ years
- Get the opponent to react and think "wtf is a Zelda"
- Sassiest queen on the planet

Most of all, I find you lovely gorls because of my loyalty to the basement dweller that has a fetish for elevators~
Oh my.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Got bored and I was curious, but what is considered good or bad end lag?
Normals
Move|Hit Frames|Total Frames
Jab 1|2-4|22
Jab 2|10-12|32
Rapid Jab Finisher|5-6|39
Dash Attack|8-17|39
Utilt|5-16|36
Ftilt|6-8|27
Dtilt|7-9|27
Up Smash|8-19|49
Side Smash|17-20|48
Down Smash|7-9|46
Grab|8-9|31
Dash Grab|10-11|39
Pivot Grab|11-12|37

Aerials
Move|Hit Frames|Total Frames|Landing Lag
Nair|3-23|48|15
Uair|10-14|37|15
Fair|12-36|58|32
Bair|4-11|37|15
Dair|16-31|51|26

Default Specials
Move|Startup|Total Frames
Blaster (ground)|11|58
Blaster (aerial)|9|49
Fire Bird|20|19* (Landing Lag)
Falco Phantasm|18|60
Reflector|5|50
You mean for Zelda? Zelda doesn't have any terrible end lag except he specials and landing lag. F/USmash are punishable if they wiff. Tilts and Dsmash are fast and mostly safe.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Whenever I see a Peach accidentally up b the wrong way, not be able to grab the ledge, and then fall to their death, it's almost as depressing to watch as Zelda dittos :^(

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
You mean for Zelda? Zelda doesn't have any terrible end lag except he specials and landing lag. F/USmash are punishable if they wiff. Tilts and Dsmash are fast and mostly safe.
But dem kicks.
*whiffs kick*
*faceplants the ground*

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, it's Falco's end lag data... Lavani mentioned Fox's Up Smash total frames was like 55? and Falco's is 49, yet... people say Falco's end lag is bad in general, but there wasn't any data to really back it up.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So I was having these really intense sets against a Captain Falcon player in the ladder, won the first set 2-0 and the second was tied and we were both down to our last stocks and...

How To Win While Making Your Opponent Feel Like A Moron 101

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Whenever I see a Peach accidentally up b the wrong way, not be able to grab the ledge, and then fall to their death, it's almost as depressing to watch as Zelda dittos :^(

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Wut.

Forward and Up smashes are also punishable on block.

F-tilt is unsafe on whiff and block; u-tilt and d-tilt are unsafe on block (these are relatively safe but not completely); and d-smash is unsafe on whiff and block too.

Zelda's lowest end lag move is her jab, which has 9 frames of end lag IIRC. Her frame data is not good on almost all of her moves.

edit: you know Zelda is bad when even the Phantom can be effective against her :D

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Omg seeing Rosalina up b into the blast zone is the funniest thing ever though. She's just like "WOOHOO!' as she launches herself to her death
she's probably happy she died so she can escape her fanbase

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Myself and @ Yackabean Yackabean discuss the Irish power rankings.

Skarfelt:
1. Rosalina
2. Zelda/Ganon (this thread's very own @evmaxy54
3. Sheik/ZSS
4. Fox/Sheik
5. Bowser
6. Mega Man

Yackabean:
I'm sorry
ZELDA / GANON?

Skarfelt:
There's a bit of a gap after that
Yeah.
I don't even ****ing know.

Yackabean:
What did you do to rank below that ****ing **** LMAO
I'm still baffled by this. I want footage of this godlike Zelda / Ganon main!

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Phew... I'm finally done on greeting all the new members on the sister site. There were at least 10 posts today.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Omg seeing Rosalina up b into the blast zone is the funniest thing ever though. She's just like "WOOHOO!' as she launches herself to her death
she's probably happy she died so she can escape her fanbase

I'm not joking when I say this but my auto predict always changes Rosalina to Roslindale so uh, yeah :069:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

I'm not joking when I say this but my auto predict always changes Rosalina to Roslindale so uh, yeah :069:

I've gotten in the habit of sometimes accidentally typing Rosalinda instead of Rosalina and it's just omg no don't do this to me Roastaluma

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
For the first time in a Smash game, I'm not maining Kirby...

because I'm maining Zelda :4zelda:

details in a bit but Kirby's my secondary while Zelda is my main~

Soul.

your first smash 4 main is falcon... at least that's what your profile says
get out

Last edited:

Soul.

If I were to have a secondary, I'd be I dunno. Pika alone is good enough but I use other characters for no reason at all.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why am I not surprised... Falco's end lag data aside for Jab, Dair, and sort of Utilt since the changes between Melee and Brawl, are almost identical. Falco's end lag is a bit closer to Melee, but that doesn't matter when it's almost the same. Jab's end lag and presumably IASA are slower, but it's getting stupider and getting closer to the fact that Falco was reliant, dependent, his entire game plan revolved on Blaster. Well, since that move is FUBAR'd, Falco's game plan is now on his secondary game plan: punish and box up close which doesn't work when even Ganondorf can force Falco to approach and punish him. I mean, what is Falco going to do? Fire off slow lasers that have room for Ganondorf to play jump lasers and room for him to punish the end lag severely which hey, funny enough - it's not funny - is pretty much the same from all the games. One difference: no auto-cancel. Gee, I wonder why his Blaster was so damn good.

Brawl Wolf's Blaster IASA was 45. That's around 15 less than Falco's which hey, would be fantastic and wouldn't be broken. Smash 4 Fox's IASA is 33, ground end lag is 42, and aerial end lag is 40; and Luigi's end lag on his Fireballs is 40. WHY DOES IT TAKE A GODDAMNED SECOND FOR FALCO TO PUT AWAY HIS BLASTER?! A CHILD COULD PUT AWAY A TOY GUN FASTER THAN THAT!

How could you betray your Kirby pals? Meanie.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Ffam, literally nobody cares about Falco. You've spent over half of your time here complaining about his nerfs.

Just face it.

Falco sucks Diddy's monkey cheeks.

"Personally, I prefer being dead :(" - Falco Lombardi

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Why am I not surprised... Falco's end lag data aside for Jab, Dair, and sort of Utilt since the changes between Melee and Brawl, are almost identical. Falco's end lag is a bit closer to Melee, but that doesn't matter when it's almost the same. Jab's end lag and presumably IASA are slower, but it's getting stupider and getting closer to the fact that Falco was reliant, dependent, his entire game plan revolved on Blaster. Well, since that move is FUBAR'd, Falco's game plan is now on his secondary game plan: punish and box up close which doesn't work when even Ganondorf can force Falco to approach and punish him. I mean, what is Falco going to do? Fire off slow lasers that have room for Ganondorf to play jump lasers and room for him to punish the end lag severely which hey, funny enough - it's not funny - is pretty much the same from all the games. One difference: no auto-cancel. Gee, I wonder why his Blaster was so damn good.

Brawl Wolf's Blaster IASA was 45. That's around 15 less than Falco's which hey, would be fantastic and wouldn't be broken. Smash 4 Fox's IASA is 33, ground end lag is 42, and aerial end lag is 40; and Luigi's end lag on his Fireballs is 40. WHY DOES IT TAKE A GODDAMNED SECOND FOR FALCO TO PUT AWAY HIS BLASTER?! A CHILD COULD PUT AWAY A TOY GUN FASTER THAN THAT!

I'm just kidding I really do feel bad for you and your cause but you know, I'm tryin' to make ends meet over here with Zelda and it isn't a gaytime.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I got INFJ for the personality test. I looked up what it means and it's pretty accurate. #unique

I'm like 5 pages behind, but these relationship stories are beautiful and I'm almost crying alone in my room lol.

Hey, gorl! You don't seem to post too often anymore, but it's always really nice when you do. Congratulations on the new relationship; it sounds adorable and I'm jelly. I hope everything is going well for you!

To answer your question, I'm gay. Like really, really gay. However, I'm not stereotypically gay (a.k.a. mincing and 'feminine'). But here's the kicker : I can't come out (despite how desperately I'd like to), because my family is somewhat homophobic and I don't want to risk jeopardizing my safety. I don't think anything bad would happen to me since I know my closest friends would be very supportive and my mother loves me unconditionally, but my step-father, biological father and his wife, and most of my other family are kind of "old-fashioned" and probably wouldn't take the news too well. I literally have no gay, bi, or lesbian family members, so I'd be the first. Considering how large my family is, it's quite strange.

I've literally never been attracted to women, so it's not like it was a big revelation for me to be like, "Oh, I guess I like dudes." However, there was a long period of time when I was struggling with finding my identity and I thought I was bi and just leaned more on the gay side. As of now, I don't think I'd date a woman, but I'm not against it. I've just never met a woman I've been attracted to. One friend of mine in particular keeps on bringing up how I have only "liked" one girl throughout school and it's getting kind of annoying. I think he wants me to come out to him, but I know he'd treat me differently because that what he did to a friend of his when she came out to him as bisexual. He's one of my closest friends, but trying to coax me into coming out to him has really been getting on my nerves. When I do come out, I want things to remain the same, since I'm literally the same person except that my friends and family know a bit more about me than before I told them. Idk, sexuality isn't a big deal and I don't know why people get so upset over it. Like it's my life, let me live it.

/end mini-rant thing idk
I never really have anything to say, so I kind of just lurk and occasionally like posts. ;w;
sometimes it's just "belonging" issues, and insecurities, but I won't bother with going through them

Thank you <3 it's actually kind of really painful right now, but I know it's just a phase. It's especially hard right now with her having some kind of illness affecting her over the past week to two weeks that she just went to the ER tonight for. She's keeping me updated; they tested for strep which came back negative (thank goodness), and the other test (which I'm not sure what it was for exactly) takes about a day to get back to her, so she'll let me know on that one. But she's ok right now, at home with medication and staying home from work tomorrow. I just want to be near her, but I think I'm just clingy even if people tell me I'm not whenever I fret about it. I'm just super insecure, and I wish I wasn't.

As for your sexuality, I'm sorry that you're in that situation where you can't come out. :( My friends know I'm gay, as well as some of my co-workers and my mom, but most of my family doesn't know and won't know for some time. My father, who's not in Maryland with my mom and I at the time, and my grandmother especially. We're not even going to tell my father about my relationship until a month's time or so (if at all); not until my mom is down in Myrtle Beach with him and I'm moved out on my own here in MD. My grandmother? Not ever, if we can avoid it, I guess. But I hope that things will go well for you when the time comes. It's hard not having anyone else in your family to relate to like that, but at least you have very supportive friends and a mother who will love you no matter what. My own mother is really iffy on my actually having a girlfriend--even if she's known for a long time that I'm gay--but she loves me dearly and just needs some time to get used to it. I can understand it, since it's really new to me, too.

Looking back, I think I've always been gay. Even as a kid, I realize I've always been more interested in stories and shows/movies about girls rather than guys. I remember having "crushes" on characters from shows and videogames (as embarrassing as some of them were, hah), and some things I wouldn't even take an interest in unless there was a/were female character(s) involved. Gaming goes the same way: I started maining Zelda back in Melee just because she was pretty. I hadn't known about OoT before then (GASP I know), and that's actually how I got deeper into the Zelda universe. Same goes for Rosalina in Smash 4; I hadn't played SMG, and actually had a lot of fun once I tried it at a friend's house and then took it home. In other games--like Soul Calibur, for example--it makes me feel better when I'm playing as female characters, if that makes sense at all. I just never really noticed my orientation until after I was done with school. I'd had a couple boyfriends from middle to high school, but I think back on them and know it was just infatuation at the time. I also remember several crushes I'd had on girls in my classes, but never knew what they were until later, too.

Ending my life story rant, I agree that it's pretty dumb how your friend seems to be trying to force you to come out. It's entirely your choice, and no one should ever treat anyone differently because of something as simple as sexuality. There's literally no difference in who you are; just in what they know.
Idk, sexuality isn't a big deal and I don't know why people get so upset over it. Like it's my life, let me live it.
There is literally no better truth than this. As long as you're happy, what else matters? My girlfriend and I are having such a problem with this kind of thing, and it's really pissing us off, especially at work where we're starting to meet with covered-up discrimination. This is where things start to get really complicated with "social norms" and religion and all that, but I don't get why it has to be. You are who you are; people need to take it or leave it, not blow it up.

I talk too much, but again I hope things go well for you, gorl :^(
It's harder for people like us, but I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Now I'm starting to wonder what kind of players Bowser, DK, and Charizard attract. And the whole, "black people play Falco" thing. Meanwhile, the Ike boards - look at San's signature. :p
Late, but DK has attracted me since Brawl. Giant Punch is hilariously amazing and he just will go in and wreck you so fast. AND DUNKS. Might as well call him Dunky Kong.

I also played DK W1ll early in 3DS and he showed me some DK stuff. I love his shield breaking and find him one of the more unique characters in the game. (**** windy kong though)
Character selection depends more on mentality I think. Some people think of the character they're playing as as a representation of themselves ("I am a man so I need to play a manly character like Captain Falcon"), some people think of it as the thing they'll be staring at over hours of playtime ("I'd rather have Rosalina on my screen for hundreds of hours than some dumb filthy chimp"), and some people straight up don't care about aesthetics and are just in it for the toolkit the characters provide (coughweirdoscough).
Oddly, I have been more of a toolkit person throughout Smash. Link in 64 mostly because boomerang and spin attack. Luigi in Melee because loldashing (also Melee Marth because **** yeah spacing + grab). IC's in Brawl because lolgrabs (also Snake because MGS and loltilts).

Mega Man grabbed me because of how effective AAA Utilt was against computers... and then against real people. But the more I play Mega, the more I realize how fitting he is for my personality as a representation of myself. I'm pretty opportunistic and always look to push the opportunities that I get, but I don't really create for myself too much. I also don't commit to things lightly; if I commit, I commit hard. Most of the time it works out, but I've also been burned for it hard.

Also, platformers. Never was a huge Mega Man fan, but I love platformers and he plays like one. So, I'll play him until I stop playing the game.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Late, but DK has attracted me since Brawl. Giant Punch is hilariously amazing and he just will go in and wreck you so fast. AND DUNKS. Might as well call him Dunky Kong.

I also played DK W1ll early in 3DS and he showed me some DK stuff. I love his shield breaking and find him one of the more unique characters in the game. (**** windy kong though)

Oddly, I have been more of a toolkit person throughout Smash. Link in 64 mostly because boomerang and spin attack. Luigi in Melee because loldashing (also Melee Marth because **** yeah spacing + grab). IC's in Brawl because lolgrabs (also Snake because MGS and loltilts).

Mega Man grabbed me because of how effective AAA Utilt was against computers... and then against real people. But the more I play Mega, the more I realize how fitting he is for my personality as a representation of myself. I'm pretty opportunistic and always look to push the opportunities that I get, but I don't really create for myself too much. I also don't commit to things lightly; if I commit, I commit hard. Most of the time it works out, but I've also been burned for it hard.

Also, platformers. Never was a huge Mega Man fan, but I love platformers and he plays like one. So, I'll play him until I stop playing the game.
WEIRDO.

I played Luigi and Jigglypuff in the first three games because I like Luigi and I like Jigglypuff, and sweetspot SJP/Rest were hilarious moves.

I play Rosalina for the combined reasons that she is a puppet character, has the same floaty feel that Luigi/Jiggs have, is defensively oriented, can edgeguard/perform offstage well, and ain't half bad on the eyes either :200:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Tfw You're done with your college semester

View attachment 50887

I'm free GORLS​
Welp, I'm just starting mine. :c

Well, it's Falco's end lag data... Lavani mentioned Fox's Up Smash total frames was like 55? and Falco's is 49, yet... people say Falco's end lag is bad in general, but there wasn't any data to really back it up.
Yeah, I'm really confused by this as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom