• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Currently the Swordspider fanbase consist of optimistic people who know the Mii sucks but don't care. (but you already knew that)

I claim this page for the Butter knives

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't feel like I should ever feel like a minority as a straight male and yet it seems to happen a lot

I've had a theory for a long time that that female characters in general attract gay men. As for Smash, Peach attracts the most gay men, but Zelda has a pretty big gay player base, too. I can't speak for everyone, but I play female characters because I feel like I connect better with them. Male characters are usually all macho and that just isn't me, so I don't like them. That's probably why I dislike Captain Falcon.
Character selection depends more on mentality I think. Some people think of the character they're playing as as a representation of themselves ("I am a man so I need to play a manly character like Captain Falcon"), some people think of it as the thing they'll be staring at over hours of playtime ("I'd rather have Rosalina on my screen for hundreds of hours than some dumb filthy chimp"), and some people straight up don't care about aesthetics and are just in it for the toolkit the characters provide (coughweirdoscough).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm... Does anyone actually think I'm or thought that I was black and since we did talk about height, basically Kevin Hart because I main Falco?

imo it sounds like you're compensating for something :secretkpop:
Meanwhile, Shulk mains and their Monado range. :p

Character selection depends more on mentality I think. Some people think of the character they're playing as as a representation of themselves ("I am a man so I need to play a manly character like Captain Falcon"), some people think of it as the thing they'll be staring at over hours of playtime ("I'd rather have Rosalina on my screen for hundreds of hours than some dumb filthy chimp"), and some people straight up don't care about aesthetics and are just in it for the toolkit the characters provide (coughweirdoscough).
Falco is my spirit animal; we're always irritated at everything. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
:rosalina: attracts dense waifufegs who lick their Rosalinda amiibos, treat her as some goddess, and get extremely offended if she is not considered superior to everyone and everything in existence
:4robinf: attracts people who love shipping and ships and OTPs and love and top bottom stuff
:4zelda: attracts masochists
:4shulk: attracts men who just want to feel it
:4falcon: attracts scrubs
:4ness: attracts ebola
:4sonic: attracts brain cancer

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Some people tierwhore without understanding how sharply the tiers changed between games and then get far too attached to the character to give it up.

Those people usually find an avi that has nifty shades and dress it up every now and again.

You do not want to know.
This is the internet.

We can find out.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
:rosalina: attracts dense waifufegs who lick their Rosalinda amiibos, treat her as some goddess, and get extremely offended if she is not considered superior to everyone and everything in existence
:4robinf: attracts people who love shipping and ships and OTPs and love and top bottom stuff
I can confirm that I'm a masochistic feeling it man

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
:4zelda::4miisword: attracts masochists
ftfy
btw I like to pretend swordfighter and Zelda are friends even before I joined this thread

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Just played the Splatoon demo and it was amazing.
So hyped for this game now.

I personally love the controls. It reminded me of that metroid game from Nintendo land. (I loved that thing)

I'm pretty sure there's going to be non motion controls so I'm not too worried.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I don't feel like I should ever feel like a minority as a straight male and yet it seems to happen a lot
I'm not going to go all tumblr on you, but heterosexual people are around 90% (maybe that number has went down since I looked it up) of the world's population, and there are slightly more men on the planet than women, so you should never feel like you're a minority lol. i still <3 u tho and don't take this like i'm some psychotic radical because that wasn't what I was going for.

My process of deciding if I want to play as a character is something like:
1. Is this character from a franchise I like?
2. Do I like the character him/herself?
3. Are they fun and satisfying to play?
4. Can I see myself using this character frequently?

Occasionally, I'll play a someone because I like the character but don't like how they play (Bowser Jr., Mega Man, Villager) or that I don't really care for the character but I like the moveset (Yoshi, Game and Watch, Alph, Mewtwo).

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wow. When they said 9/5 they really meant it.

Also that Rosalina vs Falco ratio.
Yeah, M&SG is on point with things. The irony that the Falco MU ratio isn't horribly skewed.

ouch does falco lose that badly to Rosalinda?
Let's see, a lightweight, fast faller with bad air speed, no way to challenge Rosalina's disjointed aerials, slow ground movement and no quick, safe way to kill Luma, cannot force Rosalina (or anyone for that matter) to approach, limited approach options, slow grab, and really exploitable recovery. Would you like to see the hospital and funeral bills for Falco?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Yeah, M&SG is on point with things. The irony that the Falco MU ratio isn't horribly skewed.

Let's see, a lightweight, fast faller with bad air speed, no way to challenge Rosalina's disjointed aerials, slow ground movement and no quick, safe way to kill Luma, cannot force Rosalina (or anyone for that matter) to approach, limited approach options, slow grab, and really exploitable recovery. Would you like to see the hospital and funeral bills for Falco?
you need a hug, *give hug*

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The only good thing about Wolf not being in the game (yet) is that I don't have to worry about him being really bad compared to Brawl unlike some characters.

Than I realize it's better to have a bad but fun character than to have no fun characters at all regardless of how good they are.

Great, I still lose no matter what.

E3 can't come soon enough.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Eeeeee Splatoon was so funn. The Squidboards are going insane, lol.

I'm gay and all of my mains are technically male soo...
(I don't really main Zelda I'm just lying to fit in.:secretkpop:)

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
does like Zelda attracts a lot of gay men? who knew.
I still love you all
Actually a lot of people said they were straight in this thread. Which means less people for me to hit on.

Also, GUUUUUYYYYYS. SPLATTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOON IS AMAAAAZZZZZZZZZIIINNNG!

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
If I were to confess, I mained :zelda: since Brawl because I was a huge waifufeg who was madly in love with her. As an immature middle schooler who just had nothing better to do with his love life, I got extremely salty and offended when people talk trash about Zelda, as well as if I lose with her in Brawl.

I am blessed to have escaped that dark path thanks to actually deciding to grow the f*** up and mature as time went by because who knows, I could've turned out to be the Zelda equivalent of M&SG or :4sonic::4miibrawl:(this is definitely how we should write his name from now on btw)

Now, I love :4zelda:for all the wrong reasons:
- Still like her as a waifu so waifufegness still lingers
- Masochist
- Likes to be dominated
- Sucks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Has sucked for 10+ years
- Get the opponent to react and think "wtf is a Zelda"
- Sassiest queen on the planet

Most of all, I find you lovely gorls because of my loyalty to the basement dweller that has a fetish for elevators~

D

Deleted member

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm just imagining you going around and yelling "ZELDA IS THE BEST CHARACTER AND BEATS EVERYONE" :secretkpop:
Zelda beats everyone because she's perfect and can elevator from around the world
she beats everyone 100:0 smh she needs more buffs tho less landing lag on n-air and a din that has a hitbox n the small flame

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
...Huh? Where is all this stuff about the Rosalina mod coming from? I mean sure, I have problems with him myself, but where did your guys problems come from?

I feel like I missed something.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm just imagining you going around and yelling "ZELDA IS THE BEST CHARACTER AND BEATS EVERYONE" :secretkpop:
That just feels funny to see when I'm pretty much the ultimate tsundere troll here that always seems to say our queen is the worst in the game :secretkpop:

...Huh? Where is all this stuff about the Rosalina mod coming from? I mean sure, I have problems with him myself, but where did your guys problems come from?

Mostly from our brief visiTs to the Rosalinda boards, they didn't really make us incredibly welcome, despite our "good and pure" intentions.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

he posted some unnerving storypost picture in the funny caption thread about how she is just better than everyone else with lightly more subtlety than a rhino in heat
one of my post with a lot of likes is just me saying that his Rosalinda posts are really uncomfortable

Last edited:

Soul.

This game's controls are so weird rofl. I just watched a video to see the manual...
lol Rosalina.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ah, I see. Kinda related to my own problems with him but not completely. And I also have other problems with him including how he mods the boards but oh well.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'm straight and everyone else seems to be gay

:nifty:

being in the minority is weird

Top Bottom