• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
That being said, is it appropriate to ask what everyone's orientation is, here? I apologize and take my question back if it isn't; it's just something that's had me really curious for a while.
I identify as a Cis-gendered Homosexual. :cheep:

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm starting to think that I'm having too many mains again but Idk what to do. Even if I don't practice a lot with the others, they still remain extremely reliable and continuously improve too. I started out playing most of these characters for fun, and became good with them after a little while. Idk what to do. I end up having too many tournament-ready mains despite not wanting to
I have way more mains than you do. It's hard to kinda juggle between all of them.

Last edited:
Also, I'm having a @Macchiato dilemma :secretkpop:
My tournament mains includes :4link::4megaman::4myfriends::4zss::4darkpit: (In order of skill but Ike and ZSS are a toss-up)
I'm starting to think that I'm having too many mains again but Idk what to do. Even if I don't practice a lot with the others, they still remain extremely reliable and continuously improve too. I started out playing most of these characters for fun, and became good with them after a little while. Idk what to do. I end up having too many tournament-ready mains despite not wanting to
Drop 3 of them and focus on one character

Last edited:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
I have way more mains than you do. It's hard to kinda juggle between all of them.
Actually, I decided to narrow it down to those 5 mains HAHA
I actually forgot to put in :4luigi: and some others since I'm trying to narrow down. My Luigi's probably better than my Dark Pit and around my ZSS's level IMO.
I also have :4mario::4falcon::4ganondorf::4ness::4zelda::4jigglypuff: under my group of tournament-ready mains but I think they're a league below my Top 6 mains and that's why I didn't include them
@ berserker00 berserker00

Just focus on Link or Mega Man

Or ZSS if you want someone exciting :p
My Ike is love. He was my first Brawl main. He's also the most underrated and one of the more reliable of all my mains

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
That being said, is it appropriate to ask what everyone's orientation is, here? I apologize and take my question back if it isn't; it's just something that's had me really curious for a while.
I consider myself straight, but I've never been in a relationship before so I guess it could change.

On another note, I finally managed to convince my sister to play RPG's that aren't pokemon.

She managed to beat Awakening on easy but she definitely wouldn't have made it without casual mode.
Next up is Bravely Default.
After that I'm going to make her play Xenoblade.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I actually forgot to put in :4luigi: and some others since I'm trying to narrow down. My Luigi's probably better than my Dark Pit and around my ZSS's level IMO.
I also have :4mario::4falcon::4ganondorf::4ness::4zelda::4jigglypuff: under my group of tournament-ready mains but I think they're a league below my Top 6 mains and that's why I didn't include them
You can be the guy who's 8th in my region's PR and uses :4bowser::4falcon::4diddy::4dedede::4dk::4ganondorf::4luigi::4ness::4rob::4robinf::4sheik::4wario::4villager:and probably a few more.

He also went random as the ultimate counterpick once to win a set. :p

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I have... :4zelda::4wiifit::4miisword::4falco::4charizard::4gaw::4dedede::4olimar::4lucina::4littlemac:. They are all characters that are tournament-ready. I've used every one of them in a tourney at least once before.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Anime... Why you so crazy? :laugh:
I can agree to this.

You got your cute:

Funny:

Then you have this:

Edit: Third image was changed because the former one might be considered rude/vulgar.
Thanks for the heads up @ Berserker. Berserker.

If you want sauce for each anime:
1st Image: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic
2nd Image: Joshiraku
3rd Image: Ninja Slayer
3rd Former Image: Gintama 2015

Last edited:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
You can be the guy who's 8th in my region's PR and uses :4bowser::4falcon::4diddy::4dedede::4dk::4ganondorf::4luigi::4ness::4rob::4robinf::4sheik::4wario::4villager:and probably a few more.

He also went random as the ultimate counterpick once to win a set. :p
Lol I did that on a Top 15 (IMO he's #11 in my national scene) player in my national scene and he brought out his 1st main against me in a casual that he seemed to be taking very seriously despite me going random all the way. HAHA I beat his Dr. Mario with my :4mario: once and was embarassingly taken aback pretty hard by my :4greninja: (Who I only troll with) and almost lost against my Greninja. There I was using random to troll my casuals and there he was bringing out his 1st main and in my mind, I was thinking

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I was looking up some articles, and they said that the chemical changes take a while to subside, but once they do it settles into a much deeper attachment. It's definitely why I've been feeling so mood swingy lately; from elation when we're together to sorrow when we're apart, with all the ecstasy, anxiety, doubt, longing, and every other bread and butter in-between. It's hard right now, since work keeps us from spending enough time together (without judgment), and so many other things getting in the way.

It's all worth it, though. I care about her very much, and I'm very happy. I've never had a relationship like this one, to be honest. ~

f jhkl I'm just. aahhh covering my face ;w;

It's really funny, actually. We (and everyone else who ever works at Walmart) complain so much about our jobs, but we look back and can't help but think, heh, the ONE good thing Walmart did for us was bring us together. No matter how much it hurts during this phase, it feels all that much better once I'm next to her again. I can't get over how much I love everything having to do with her, and I never want to. <3

Relating to where your girlfriend had to go away for two weeks, I'm kinda really bugging about the fact that mine is going on a family trip in about a month's time. We're trying to get her father to let me go with them, but it's the whole stress about the homosexual relationship that's preventing him from giving us an answer. I'd need one soon so I have time to take a week off from work, but he's probably going to say no, just because of "sleeping arrangements" and how the rest of her family is going to take our relationship. It's a huge eye-rolling situation, in my opinion. She's pissed, too, because to us, as long as we're happy, then what does anything else matter? We have to expect this kind of injustice, though, no matter how much we resent it.

Mainly just super bummed about how I'm probably going to have to deal with a week without her. But we'll cross that bridge once we come to it.

That's cool about you and your girlfriend, I'm glad. c:

I'm one of those people who easily loses control of my thoughts and starts to doubt or panic, and needs near-constant consolation and reassurance. I don't like being a bother, though, so I keep to myself and deal until I can feel better again. I'm bad at communicating my own insecurities, but my loyalty knows no bounds when it comes to the needs of those important to me. I'm working on the insecure thing, though; it helps that she and I are literally almost exactly alike.

I'm also very practical and realistic. While I crave her company more than anything right now, and my moving out is a thing happening by the end of this month, I know it wouldn't be a good thing for us to live together for some time. I'm well aware that we'd need a few months at least to settle into our relationship, otherwise we'd only end up hurting what we have. One step at a time.
I'm probably super late on this because time zone differences/sleep but I'll try to make it worth your time.

First thing is that I enjoyed reading all of this because I'm a big sucker for romance even though I'm a dude. Read a lot of romantic Link & Zelda fan fics back in the day and I really like the green text color.

2nd thing is that I'm 100% heterosexual like a lot of people are. Always have been, always will.
The female body is a beautiful thing for my eyes to look at and my heart rate goes up to very high levels if I see a pretty face attached to one.

Been single my whole life and it's probably gonna stay like that because I'm a :shyguy: beyond anything but I've been trying to overcome it and I've come a long way.

Of course it doesn't help that girls are non-existent where I live but that's a different story.

Regardless of what happens, I'm happy with which ever outcomes happens since I enjoy being single, but I'd gladly take the opportunity to be in a relationship if it ever happens.

"incoming personal story about my life"

Of course a ton of girls have flirted with me over my school career so I guess I can say that if nothing else.

I've never flirted in my life or even try to get their attention.

Girls just kept coming to me even when I didn't want the attention and wanted to talk and ask me a ton of questions about myself.

It really wasn't easy when they would come in groups of 4+ either. Not kidding, a whole group would keep coming after me no matter what I tried.

I even once literally ran away and they still kept coming.

I was literally a chic magnet even though I never asked to be one.

They would even sit down next to me even when I was busy talking with one of my friends.

My friends got very jealous but they were also proud considering how much of a :shyguy: I was.

If nothing else, it gave me enough experience to finally get 2 incredible female friends that were massive amounts of fun to be around, which was a huge step for me at the time.

"end story"
The whole "brain chemical" thing will defiantly go away after a while.
It's probably caused by the fact this is your first relationship and your brain is really feeling all the new "love emotions" that only relationships between two people can create.
(What am I even talking about here? I've never been in a relationship in my life and I'm no:4drmario:either. Ah, whatever. I like romance and I like talking about it so we'll go with that.)

I'm happy for your relationship and I hope that it lasts until your game is over for a long time.
I'm not the "lovey dovey" type at all but I find it pretty cute anyway so reading how much you love your gf made me happy.

Your gf's dad/family is probably gonna be a struggle and I wish I had some advice to share, but I'll say this:

1) You & her are both adults and they'll have to accept the fact that you make your own decisions and they can't control your lives anymore.

2) Better to have your child in a relationship you don't agree with than to have your kid dead because of suicide due to ridicule or hatred because of their orientation.

Also it's definitely a good thing that you decided not to move in together yet.

From what I've seen and heard, waiting until your relationship matures (and possibly once your finances are at a stable level) is worth all the waiting you have to endure.

With all that said, good luck to you and hopefully your relationship blossoms into something magical!

Last edited:
Lol I did that on a Top 15 (IMO he's #11 in my national scene) player in my national scene and he brought out his 1st main against me in a casual that he seemed to be taking very seriously despite me going random all the way. HAHA I beat his Dr. Mario with my :4mario: once and was embarassingly taken aback pretty hard by my :4greninja: (Who I only troll with) and almost lost against my Greninja. There I was using random to troll my casuals and there he was bringing out his 1st main and in my mind, I was thinking
I told you to go random that time. Still no regrets :smirk:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay, I really need to watch The Rolling Girls.

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
I'm probably super late on this because time zone differences/sleep but I'll try to make it worth your time.

First thing is that I enjoyed reading all of this because I'm a big sucker for romance even though I'm a dude. Read a lot of romantic Link & Zelda fan fics back in the day and I really like the green text color.

2nd thing is that I'm 100% heterosexual like a lot of people are. Always have been, always will.
The female body is a beautiful thing for my eyes to look at and my heart rate goes up to very high levels if I see a pretty face attached to one.

Been single my whole life and it's probably gonna stay like that because I'm a :shyguy: beyond anything but I've been trying to overcome it and I've come a long way.

Of course it doesn't help that girls are non-existent where I live but that's a different story.
Regardless of what happens, I'm happy with which ever outcomes happens since I enjoy being single, but I'd gladly take the opportunity to be in a relationship if it ever happens.
"incoming personal story about my life"
Of course a ton of girls have flirted with me over my school career so I guess I can say that if nothing else.

I've never flirted in my life or even try to get their attention.

Girls just kept coming to me even when I didn't want the attention and wanted to talk and ask me a ton of questions about myself.

It really wasn't easy when they would come in groups of 4+ either. Not kidding, a whole group would keep coming after me no matter what I tried.

I even once literally ran away and they still kept coming.

I was literally a chic magnet even though I never asked to be one.

They would even sit down next to me even when I was busy talking with one of my friends.

My friends got very jealous but they were also proud considering how much of a :shyguy: I was.

If nothing else, it gave me enough experience to finally get 2 incredible female friends that were massive amounts of fun to be around, which was a huge step for me at the time.

"end story"
The whole "brain chemical" thing will defiantly go away after a while.
It's probably caused by the fact this is your first relationship and your brain is really feeling all the new "love emotions" that only relationships between two people can create.
(What am I even talking about here? I've never been in a relationship in my life and I'm no:4drmario:either. Ah, whatever. I like romance and I like talking about it so we'll go with that.)

I'm happy for your relationship and I hope that it lasts until your game is over for a long time.
I'm not the "lovey dovey" type at all but I find it pretty cute anyway so reading how much you love your gf made me happy.

Your gf's dad/family is probably gonna be a struggle and I wish I had some advice to share, but I'll say this:

1) You & her are both adults and they'll have to accept the fact that you make your own decisions and they can't control your lives anymore.

2) Better to have your child in a relationship you don't agree with than to have your kid dead because of suicide due to ridicule or hatred because of their orientation.

Also it's definitely a good thing that you decided not to move in together yet.

From what I've seen and heard, waiting until your relationship matures (and possibly once your finances are at a stable level) is worth all the waiting you have to endure.

With all that said, good luck to you and hopefully your relationship blossoms into something magical!
I'm really far from shy (well if ever, I'm only a :shyguy: to the most important one(s)) but I tend to think that I'm extremely inadequate when it comes to anything related to love life. I can flirt, talk and I've also had my share of girls flirting with me (After all, it's college and everyone flirts xD) but I don't really know how to follow through. There were times where in my feelings were reciprocated but still never pushed through because of how much I suck at dealing with these kinds of things. This is probably why I'll be single for life </3
It's not always about confidence. It's also about making the right decisions :(
I told you to go random that time. Still no regrets :smirk:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm not watching much anime lately, the only one I've been following lately is Mikagura School Suite.

It's admittedly not a very good anime but it's a good pastime at least =V

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hi gorls, this is my catching up post ! :secretkpop:

Hope everyone's having a good day and stuff !

Yay, quiz time.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx

Take it or get infracted.

Why him ? Maybe it fits, I don't know, lol.

I took the old Which smash bros character are you test that was once popluar here and I kid you not this is who I got like I didn't know he was an answer :/
also

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Granted, no online test is going to be as effective as the ones administered in person but it's what we got and this is the Zelda social on smashboards so who really cares about true accuracy. Knock yourself out, kiddies.
Your personality type is:
Campaigner (ENFP-A)

I don't really get what it means though, lol. Especially the %.

Like 1% extraverted. 20% intuitive. 11% feeling. 56% prospecting. 29% assertive.

Customs :4robinf: and :4tlink: are fun

Custom Toon Link has some seriously nuts camping set-ups that aren't cancerous whatsoever. Time bombs can act as mines that are there to knock away opponents. Fire arrows are also land mine but they're for racking up damage. Boomerang is your basic "direct" projectile.

Custom Robin has firewall. Aimed right and you can easily cover your landing. I might wanna try out speed thunder but thunder+ is pretty good so far (hits really hard). Distant nosferatu is nice for long ranged punishment. Gliding elwind is just a personal preference

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Does Glided Elwind spike ?

I still haven't got all the customs, the system is such an annoyance. I don't get why they didn't make a shop to buy them.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
You'll probably rag on me for this, but, uh, isn't MK's playstyle somewhat similar to Falcon's? At least with the dashing, and the grabbing, and the aerials, and the punishes?
I'm well aware of that since *news flash* i main MK, the big difference between the 2 is that one of them is scrub friendly while the other isn't. Falcon is used by practically everyone while MK is used by a small player base and tbh most of the MKs aren't good.

Also MK is a character i find annoying to fight, i've made it clear in some posts but luckily no one uses him often and they tend to suck. Falcon is so scrub friendly in this game, he's also a meme bomb loved by all. While MK is hated from his Brawl dominance, if i got a nickel for every MU write up starting with "its not like Brawl that's for sure".

I think i'm the only one that hates fighting MK. He isn't aggressive at all lol, maybe against :4robinm::4bowserjr::4falcon::4olimar:(ONLY WITHOUT PIKMAN):4villager:.

My opinion on Falco has waned over time. I think I should just git gud with him and change my mind quickly but lol his mobility.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
My opinion on Falco has waned over time. I think I should just git gud with him and change my mind quickly but lol his mobility.
His mobility is truly bad. It's pretty much the reason I've been trying to consistently perform the Perfect Landing Slide tech.

Soul.

This place is only quiet because muh competitiveness.
The Smash 4 Social means quiet though.

Custom Toon Link is decent I guess.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Apparently, it was done by Wit Studio, the animators who did Attack on Titan.
That's quite interesting. I did see AoT. And I feel like it was overhyped to be honest.

I might give The Rolling Girls a shot. But maybe when one of the anime I'm watching finishes. :V
And I got about six to watch.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Is this what it's like when everyone is at school?:drsad:

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID