• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah, in short, what Spirst said. The magic never really dies, it just changes shapes and goes from butterflies in your stomach and daydreaming to spending a whole week in your underwear watching TV, playing games and binge eating chips with onion dip.

Tbh all of it is pretty great, and it just gets better the more time it passes so long as you make a conscious effort to keep your relationship healthy and are always open to your partner's feelings and needs. It's a really cheesy thing to say, but communicating is the single most important part of a relationship.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
On Camalange's link I got ISTP with percentages of 78, 38, 1, and 11 respectively. I'm an introvert until I get to know and bond with you and then you can't shut me up. But it's hard for me to emotionally connect with others and I thoroughly dislike being in the middle of big crowds.

The test is hard because it deals in absolutes. For most questions I want to swing different directions depending on the circumstances.

Lol, with the original link I got INFP (70, 12, 55, 14). IIRC true Myers-Briggs' tests only use yes/no questions.

Looking at that reply again of avatur theft

THAT WOULD MAEK A COOL AVATRU

DONT MIND IF I DEW

-Locke (I still love you man

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Tbh I'm just here being like "that's f***** cute." :D

I'm glad you found someone you feel so strongly for, girl. Really happy for you!! The first phase will be over way faster than you think, and then you'll just begin feeling overall comfortable with being around her and just hanging out.

Embrace this part of your relationship, though. It's a very "unique" moment, even if you feel bummed sometimes.

Also, answering your question, I'm bisexual. Also pretty sure the Zelda social is the most diverse subforum in all of SFW when it comes to sexual orientation.
f jhkl I'm just. aahhh covering my face ;w;

It's really funny, actually. We (and everyone else who ever works at Walmart) complain so much about our jobs, but we look back and can't help but think, heh, the ONE good thing Walmart did for us was bring us together. No matter how much it hurts during this phase, it feels all that much better once I'm next to her again. I can't get over how much I love everything having to do with her, and I never want to. <3

I feel like I can relate to that in my own relationship when it took off. Didn't really help that only a month after, she had to go away for two weeks. I'm honestly not a huge lovey-dovey emotional type at all but I can understand where you're coming from. The phase does subside eventually. I've heard people say things like, "The magic wears off in time" but I don't necessarily agree with that because it implies the relationship takes a downwards spiral or the attraction subsides once the initial stages are over. I prefer what comes after. Feeling comfortable and being able to just do whatever is a great thing and is a lot more valuable than one would think. Some of my fondest memories as of late have come from just hanging out. I really appreciate that kind of thing.

Nah, the question isn't inappropriate at all. As for me, I'm straight. Been with my girlfriend for over a year now.
Relating to where your girlfriend had to go away for two weeks, I'm kinda really bugging about the fact that mine is going on a family trip in about a month's time. We're trying to get her father to let me go with them, but it's the whole stress about the homosexual relationship that's preventing him from giving us an answer. I'd need one soon so I have time to take a week off from work, but he's probably going to say no, just because of "sleeping arrangements" and how the rest of her family is going to take our relationship. It's a huge eye-rolling situation, in my opinion. She's pissed, too, because to us, as long as we're happy, then what does anything else matter? We have to expect this kind of injustice, though, no matter how much we resent it.

Mainly just super bummed about how I'm probably going to have to deal with a week without her. But we'll cross that bridge once we come to it.

That's cool about you and your girlfriend, I'm glad. c:

Fernosaur also said:
Yeah, in short, what Spirst said. The magic never really dies, it just changes shapes and goes from butterflies in your stomach and daydreaming to spending a whole week in your underwear watching TV, playing games and binge eating chips with onion dip.

Tbh all of it is pretty great, and it just gets better the more time it passes so long as you make a conscious effort to keep your relationship healthy and are always open to your partner's feelings and needs. It's a really cheesy thing to say, but communicating is the single most important part of a relationship.
I'm one of those people who easily loses control of my thoughts and starts to doubt or panic, and needs near-constant consolation and reassurance. I don't like being a bother, though, so I keep to myself and deal until I can feel better again. I'm bad at communicating my own insecurities, but my loyalty knows no bounds when it comes to the needs of those important to me. I'm working on the insecure thing, though; it helps that she and I are literally almost exactly alike.

I'm also very practical and realistic. While I crave her company more than anything right now, and my moving out is a thing happening by the end of this month, I know it wouldn't be a good thing for us to live together for some time. I'm well aware that we'd need a few months at least to settle into our relationship, otherwise we'd only end up hurting what we have. One step at a time.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Also I've discovered through this relationship that I'm a huge pile of cheesy romantic garbage (in the best way). My specialty is cheesy songs :3

For a reason we're not entirely sure of, we consider Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding to be "our song", and I've found that the song Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum is literally us right now. But I'm sure a lot of people could say the same thing, so weeeeee :drshrug:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404

It's really funny, actually. We (and everyone else who ever works at Walmart) complain so much about our jobs, but we look back and can't help but think, heh, the ONE good thing Walmart did for us was bring us together. No matter how much it hurts during this phase, it feels all that much better once I'm next to her again. I can't get over how much I love everything having to do with her, and I never want to. <3

Relating to where your girlfriend had to go away for two weeks, I'm kinda really bugging about the fact that mine is going on a family trip in about a month's time. We're trying to get her father to let me go with them, but it's the whole stress about the homosexual relationship that's preventing him from giving us an answer. I'd need one soon so I have time to take a week off from work, but he's probably going to say no, just because of "sleeping arrangements" and how the rest of her family is going to take our relationship. It's a huge eye-rolling situation, in my opinion. She's pissed, too, because to us, as long as we're happy, then what does anything else matter? We have to expect this kind of injustice, though, no matter how much we resent it.

Mainly just super bummed about how I'm probably going to have to deal with a week without her. But we'll cross that bridge once we come to it.

That's cool about you and your girlfriend, I'm glad. c:

I'm one of those people who easily loses control of my thoughts and starts to doubt or panic, and needs near-constant consolation and reassurance. I don't like being a bother, though, so I keep to myself and deal until I can feel better again. I'm bad at communicating my own insecurities, but my loyalty knows no bounds when it comes to the needs of those important to me. I'm working on the insecure thing, though; it helps that she and I are literally almost exactly alike.

I'm also very practical and realistic. While I crave her company more than anything right now, and my moving out is a thing happening by the end of this month, I know it wouldn't be a good thing for us to live together for some time. I'm well aware that we'd need a few months at least to settle into our relationship, otherwise we'd only end up hurting what we have. One step at a time.
Read this big block of text and reminded me of how single I am and afterwards I thought

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Read this big block of text and afterwards I thought
I didn't mean to make anyone sad ;_;

On the bright side, if I can find someone to be with, anyone can. I thought the same thing as you, but then lolWalmart; it works in mysterious ways.

It's way past my self-imposed bedtime, so I'm gonna head on out. Night gorls!~

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm back. Got some stuff done.

Edit: Welp the thread is dead again. Oh, well.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh hey, Azure Striker Gunvolt got an update.

I'm not sure what was added beyond a fifth special mission though (which appears to just be another boss rush stage).

Christ I'm rusty at this game.
Oh Jesus Christ

The Asimov fight doesn't give you Anthem mode like the original fight did, this seems ridiculous to beat ;_;

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was looking up some articles, and they said that the chemical changes take a while to subside, but once they do it settles into a much deeper attachment. It's definitely why I've been feeling so mood swingy lately; from elation when we're together to sorrow when we're apart, with all the ecstasy, anxiety, doubt, longing, and every other bread and butter in-between. It's hard right now, since work keeps us from spending enough time together (without judgment), and so many other things getting in the way.

It's all worth it, though. I care about her very much, and I'm very happy. I've never had a relationship like this one, to be honest. ~

That being said, is it appropriate to ask what everyone's orientation is, here? I apologize and take my question back if it isn't; it's just something that's had me really curious for a while.
So I just learned that "lovesickness" really is a thing.

My girlfriend and I started dating three weeks ago, and we noticed we both have had a sudden drop in appetite, as well as other physical ailments with no real cause. Keep in mind we're both the first girl the other has ever dated, so this relationship is really new to us.

But yeah, it's a thing with chemical changes in the brain and all. Who knew?
Wow, I never actually knew love sickness was an actual thing. Because I never actually had a relationship. ;_; Your happy relationship is so adorable though! :3

What do you mean by orientation? Do you mean sexuality? I think I'm technically Hetero, but I like to consider myself Bi because I wouldn't mind dating a guy. So my door swings both ways is what I mean. :happysheep:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer - Guy at my local was like "I found this website where a guy is slowly putting together all the frame data for each character. There's a cool graphic for each character with the attributes of the character."

And I was like, "yup. Kurogane Hammer?"
"HOW DID YOU KNOW?"

:secretkpop:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer - Guy at my local was like "I found this website where a guy is slowly putting together all the frame data for each character. There's a cool graphic for each character with the attributes of the character."

And I was like, "yup. Kurogane Hammer?"
"HOW DID YOU KNOW?"

:secretkpop:
omg!! haha, I love how it's starting to go around

Where are these people finding this from I wonder.

Gotta finish Robin's then!

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
omg!! haha, I love how it's starting to go around

Where are these people finding this from I wonder.

Gotta finish Robin's then!
Oh, apparently he found it via your frame data post on the Peach boards, because he's trying to learn Peach.

@ Lavani Lavani - inorite? Although, I think I might switch again. Berserker. Berserker.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just had my lunch. Waiting for the items I purchased to come through the post.

Also, Masahiro Anbe (Creator of Squid Girl/Ika Musume ) drew another piece of art of the Inkling Girl. :yeahboi:

I'd laugh if he asked if he could do an anime on Splatoon. :3

And yes @bluecrow, that song I posted yesterday is actually from an anime. Kill la Kill's 2nd Opening sequence.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I took the old Which smash bros character are you test that was once popluar here and I kid you not this is who I got like I didn't know he was an answer :/
also

This is so so so late but I got Pit from that test. Yaay :4pit:

Edit: This wasn't meant to be in spoilers but whatevs

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I really struggle to talk to people in a group. When I see people talking I tend to just listen and say nothing even if the topic interests me just because I don't want to accidentally interrupt someone when they're talking. I also feel nervous when people focuse on me because I'm always afraid of being judged or made fun of if I end up saying dumb.

In general when I say something dumb I tend to beat myself down internally over it for days on end even if it was something really small and keep thinking of myself as a moron for letting that happen.

In general I just worry way too much about stuff and I have a mentality of "do it right or don't do it at all". I even feel bad for asking people for favors because I really don't want to inconvenience people so I often don't bother with it at all and just try to find another alternative.

Yeah, I have a lot of issues =V
You sound a lot like me that it's creepy. :V

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Mornin. Woulda replied sooner but then I fell asleep in my recliner.
Don't judge me it's ****ing comfy.

So there's some quizzes and things. Let's just get the obvious one outta the way:

upload_2015-5-8_10-4-33.png

I think you could've seen this coming by now. It's like I spoiler'd Rosebud.

And then there were two more I didn't take. Yay apathy.

This is just too cute. Been reading and from one cheesy romantic to another I'm happy for ya.

To throw my shades in on the orientation question from later on down: hetero, gf of two and a half years.

Also, Masahiro Anbe (Creator of Squid Girl/Ika Musume ) drew another piece of art of the Inkling Girl. :yeahboi:
@Camalange ran that as an avi for a while. Still adorbs.

Aight I'm back to lurking in case recliner strikes again.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Relationships, Frozen, and .gifs

This is why I come to the :4zelda: thread. :4falcon:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I know we were talking about Mortal Kombat X cheesy dialogue wayyy back but omg I found the funniest one so far XD

Mileena: "Repulsive human. ."
Johnny: "Doing Baraka is repulsive."
Mileena: "WHO TOLD YOU THIS!!!???"

Omg this game is so lighthearted and cheesy at its core.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
That being said, is it appropriate to ask what everyone's orientation is, here? I apologize and take my question back if it isn't; it's just something that's had me really curious for a while.
I'm straight as an arrow and proud of it. :grin:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I was looking up some articles, and they said that the chemical changes
Late reply whoop whoop.

I actually really have no idea what orientation I am. I mostly consider myself hetero, but I don't exactly mind the idea being in a relationship with a guy. Only thing is that I don't see myself actually being committed to date a guy and have the relationship work out, nor that I have found a guy that I would want to date.

Doesn't help with the fact that although I am a nerd and is in crazy love for many fictional female characters, there are select male characters that I do feel a sense of fondness over. I really don't know if it's actually so called love or not though. So honestly I really don't know.

But I mean, I do casually tease with some of the guys here and act incredibly moe and girly and disgusting because that's just something I like to do as well. I might as well be called a weirdosexual~ :happysheep:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
MBTI types? I hit ENFJ a few years back and then ENFP in tests we're given at school most recently but after having researched on both types, ENFP fits who I am so much more. I scored high on E, N, and F but not very high on P.
I

(Yes I'm very straight)
Also, I'm having a @Macchiato dilemma :secretkpop:
My tournament mains includes :4link::4megaman::4myfriends::4zss::4darkpit: (In order of skill but Ike and ZSS are a toss-up)
I'm starting to think that I'm having too many mains again but Idk what to do. Even if I don't practice a lot with the others, they still remain extremely reliable and continuously improve too. I started out playing most of these characters for fun, and became good with them after a little while. Idk what to do. I end up having too many tournament-ready mains despite not wanting to

Last edited:
Top Bottom