• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Link's jab 1 canceling was mentioned in the tips too. That didn't stop it from being nerfed. Nothing is sacred*.

*From the Zelda series at least.
I still don't see why it would get nerfed. Even though customs are full of jank, it's whatever. There will always be something people can use to complain.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
1000th post is a page steal :secretkpop:

Have an amazing picture of expand dong
asdf.png

ty all gorls

I'll go back and respond to things later

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This reminds me that I really want to pick Robin up again but when I try to play her I'm just like "???"
Step 1: Use wind jab
Step 2: Use Thoron
Step 3: Realize there are myriad kill moves as fast as or faster than your jumpsquat and cry

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I still don't see why it would get nerfed. Even though customs are full of jank, it's whatever. There will always be something people can use to complain.
Agreed. With the amount of things people are complaining about with :4sheik: right now. *Secretly cheers them on* I'm expecting her to get nerfed soon.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
wait, Bronze Sword smashes kill at the same time as Levin Sword?

what

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What's skull bash?
A death metal band.

Frame 9 isn't really that great for an aerial, you'd be looking at frame 5 or under for stuff that gets you out of juggles (Ness nair, Luigi nair, Diddy uair, Rock Hurl, etc.).
Meanwhile, Falco's Nair... I think it's the only fast aerial to actually make his disadvantage worse since he gets stuck flapping his arms in despair. Zelda can lightning kick your face if you screw up and her Nair actually has range and connects well.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Meanwhile, Falco's Nair... I think it's the only fast aerial to actually make his disadvantage worse since he gets stuck flapping his arms in despair. Zelda can lightning kick your face if you screw up and her Nair actually has range and connects well.
I actually started playing a bit more of Falco and I have a question relating to this, is nair any good? I find myself resorting to it a lot because lol Shulk but it doesn't really seem to do anything

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The ap computer science test was bleeeeh. I think it is likely I passed, but the possibility I failed is there.

Was hoping my mom was right about me not having to go to school afterwards but oh well.

Anyway, I'm free now! Time for more activity on the forums. <3

Splatoon direct thoughts:

It was pretty hype all around. Though it also gave me confusing and even disappoing feelings.

The confirmation of more weapons, modes, cool little details, Arcade explained, you can customize abilities...kinda.

At the same time they did kinda tread old ground, and their strategy of releasing new content is...strange. Especially when a lot of it look finished like the ink brush. :/

SCIENCE.

What really kinda hurt though was the pre-order bonus. I really don't want to pay physical money. I mean I have the cash to get it...but I only have enough for it. And I wanted to get more amiibos as well...I mean I have plenty of money Nintendo on the eshop...and it would be way more convenient for me as well for it to be digital. :/

Overall, good direct. Plenty of content to look forward to...even if half of it isn't even coming out until my next school year. >.>

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Am I the only one not particularly excited for Splatoon?

episode 2 of controversial opinions

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The ap computer science test was bleeeeh. I think it is likely I passed, but the possibility I failed is there.

Was hoping my mom was right about me not having to go to school afterwards but oh well.

Anyway, I'm free now! Time for more activity on the forums. <3

Splatoon direct thoughts:

It was pretty hype all around. Though it also gave me confusing and even disappoing feelings.

The confirmation of more weapons, modes, cool little details, Arcade explained, you can customize abilities...kinda.

At the same time they did kinda tread old ground, and their strategy of releasing new content is...strange. Especially when a lot of it look finished like the ink brush. :/

SCIENCE.

What really kinda hurt though was the pre-order bonus. I really don't want to pay physical money. I mean I have the cash to get it...but I only have enough for it. And I wanted to get more amiibos as well...I mean I have plenty of money Nintendo on the eshop...and it would be way more convenient for me as well for it to be digital. :/

Overall, good direct. Plenty of content to look forward to...even if half of it isn't even coming out until my next school year. >.>
I'm looking forward to Splatoon myself. However, I already spent some cash on ordering a Gamecube Adapter, LAN Adapter for my Wii U and some cable. I'll wait for my monthly payment before I get it. Plus I wanna get Puzzle & Dragons Z. : D

Also, Nisekoi S2 tomorrow. Looking forward to the new episode.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I actually started playing a bit more of Falco and I have a question relating to this, is nair any good? I find myself resorting to it a lot because lol Shulk but it doesn't really seem to do anything
It's basically a combo tool on stage and sometimes off stage. Reason being that Fair's landing lag is punishable if the person knows about its landing hit and avoids it. So, Nair is for comboing, Fair for gimping and edgeguarding, Bair for kills and punishes, Uair for juggling and killing, and Dair for severe punishes e.g. charging Fire Fox right below the ledge and Falco's next to the ledge. Drop and spike. The funny thing is that Falco can combo with all of his aerials like chaining Bairs or Fairs. Nair can gimp because it doesn't have strong knockback and it can stage spike funny enough, but Fair's autolink angles and Bair's one hit makes them better at gimping and stage spiking. Since Nair stays out long, it can catch air dodges, especially on For Glory aka spam air dodge to win.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I find it hilarious how people think the inklings are deconfirmed because of the mii costumes. Because Mewtwo and Lucas clearly can't get in because they had trophies. :happysheep:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wii Fit's frame data is surprisingly decent. I thought it would be way worse than it is.

Nair is frame 9 (decent), dtilt is frame 10 (idk why since it's not a great move), dsmash is frame 18 (gross), and dair is frame 20 (lol).
Yeah it's actually good, also I think people are taking her range more serious than it is. I think her only problem is range and amount of rep.
Her dairs not bad though due to it being strong and a decent kill move. It's still a spike. Her Dsmash makes her crouch which may go under many attacks and hit them instead.

Soul.

Every time I hear about Splatoon I fear for its competitive scene longevity.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
It's basically a combo tool on stage and sometimes off stage. Reason being that Fair's landing lag is punishable if the person knows about its landing hit and avoids it. So, Nair is for comboing, Fair for gimping and edgeguarding, Bair for kills and punishes, Uair for juggling and killing, and Dair for severe punishes e.g. charging Fire Fox right below the ledge and Falco's next to the ledge. Drop and spike. The funny thing is that Falco can combo with all of his aerials like chaining Bairs or Fairs. Nair can gimp because it doesn't have strong knockback and it can stage spike funny enough, but Fair's autolink angles and Bair's one hit makes them better at gimping and stage spiking. Since Nair stays out long, it can catch air dodges, especially on For Glory aka spam air dodge to win.
I really don't know how you manage to play him, he feels so clunky, lol. And I kinda hate fighting Falco too, he's very...weird to play as and against.

Good luck with your main !

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I beat it many years ago on GBA.

Save states didn't exist there so I beat it the natural way.

Took many tries, but I eventually did it with the assistance of maps for the 5th palace onwards.

I would recommend doing the 2nd palace before Death Mountain since it's much easier to beat and it'll get you to a higher level to make the mountain easier.

The best way to take out Goriyas is to jump/block their initial attack and attack before the boomerang comes back. Once it starts to come back, jump or use your shield to dodge/block it.

Part of the reason Death Mountain is so hard is that it's literally a giant maze with tons of strong enemies and it takes forever to reach the end and if you get a game over "lol back to the start with you".

In other words, it's pretty much all or nothing.

Also huge emphasis on the strong enemy part though. Goriya's got nothing on them.
Wait I thought the second palace was called death mountain

They're seperate? Ugh I know nothing

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah it's actually good, also I think people are taking her range more serious than it is. I think her only problem is range and amount of rep.
Her dairs not bad though due to it being strong and a decent kill move. It's still a spike. Her Dsmash makes her crouch which may go under many attacks and hit them instead.
Wii Fit Trainer's Bair, though. WFT against characters with large hurtboxes like Bowser makes her range issues moot. Fighting against other close range fighters like Fox and Falco also makes her range moot. It's only against characters with disjoints, overwhelming options like Sheik's aerials, Captain Falcon's sheer power and speed, and really short characters where WFT has trouble and even then, WFT in the air does not care since she can go deep off stage like Pikachu.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wii Fit Trainer's Bair, though. WFT against characters with large hurtboxes like Bowser makes her range issues moot. Fighting against other close range fighters like Fox and Falco also makes her range moot. It's only against characters with disjoints, overwhelming options like Sheik's aerials, Captain Falcon's sheer power and speed, and really short characters where WFT has trouble and even then, WFT in the air does not care since she can go deep off stage like Pikachu.
The only big problem is short chars. Characters with big range aren't a problem. Especially heavy ones. Also captain falcon is a good MU for her. She combos him easily, can zone him and easily gimp him while keeping up with him. Her only bad MUs are :4gaw::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4shulk::4zelda::4pikachu:

Soul.

wait, what can Zelda do to Wii Fit so that she "wins" that MU?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I find it hilarious how people think the inklings are deconfirmed because of the mii costumes. Because Mewtwo and Lucas clearly can't get in because they had trophies. :happysheep:
Link has a costume

Link deconfirmed
This is Macchiato we're talking about

his list of optimism goes Zelda --> Wii Fit apparently

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Link has a costume

Link deconfirmed

This is Macchiato we're talking about

his list of optimism goes Zelda --> Wii Fit apparently
I would've mention that and zelda, but a lot of people like to think they countered that because "OMG LINK IS A VETERAN THOUGH!!!" :p

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
That is some very stupid logic to be honest.

"Waluigi's hat is a Mii costume. Waluigi deconfirmed!"
>Waluigi is in the game as an assist trophy

It is some dumb logic.

How is this song so good!? (Might not play in other countries. :c)

Also, it's ambiguous by GARNiDELiA (2nd OP to Kill la Kill)

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Seriously, Wii Fit VS Kirby or Pikachu is just... Awful. At least Jigglypuff is the lightest and she won' be on the floor much... Kirby and Pikachu on the other hand... That Pika back air... lol

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
That is some very stupid logic to be honest.

"Waluigi's hat is a Mii costume. Waluigi deconfirmed!"
>Waluigi is in the game as an assist trophy

It is some dumb logic.

How is this song so good!? (Might not play in other countries. :c)

Also, it's ambiguous by GARNiDELiA (2nd OP to Kill la Kill)

OOOhH. I have that song on my itunes! I listen to it constantly! <3

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Zelda can reflect everything and farores wind to her when she headers. Her disjoint are pretty big. Due to WiiFits pressuring with nair if a Zelda is careful they can elevator. It's also hard for us to gimp while for her it's entirely possible

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I really don't know how you manage to play him, he feels so clunky, lol. And I kinda hate fighting Falco too, he's very...weird to play as and against.

Good luck with your main !
I ask this myself too and he's my best character. :p

Falco was clunky in Brawl too, but laser spamming helped since he could bunny hop from one end of the stage and camp there. Now, he actually has to move his freaking feet. I think he was the clunkiest high tier character in Brawl while Wolf was really fluid because of that air speed. If Smash only dealt with vertical movement, then Falco would be the king, but it doesn't and his horizontal movement is *** compared to even Ganondorf. Why Ganondorf? Well, it feels right and make a sense for Ganondorf to feel slow mobility-wise since Ganondorf's the hard hitting tank, but Falco's lighter, wearing no armor except for his shinguards, and carrying little weight, but moves slower than Ike.

When I play as Wolf in PM and check his movement in Brawl and go back to Falco, it's like moving from a decent car to a rusted pair of boots. It's like, "***********. Why?" The sad part is that all of Falco's moves make sense, but then again, I main him. We're talking about a character who can combo with kill moves and kill with combo moves. Every move has a purpose and they flow well, but his mobility is what's making him feel so freaking clunky at times. If he ran as fast as Ike and had the same air speed as Fox, he'd be a stronger character. Now, imagine him with Greninja or Captain Falcon's ground and air speed.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Wait I thought the second palace was called death mountain

They're seperate? Ugh I know nothing
Death Mountain is basically a very evil part of the over world and isn't a dungeon at all, but it has the difficulty like a palace.

It's located at the bottom left part of the over world.

The 2nd palace is called the Midoro/Swamp Palace.

All palaces have the white temple icon on the map.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that both Death Mountain and the 2nd palace are done at the same time, both are required to beat the game and the fact that Death Mountain has a high difficulty level that's similar to a palace difficulty.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
and farores wind to her when she headers.
I'm sure a frame 41 attack with substantial ending+landing lag is an answer to a move that ends frame 40 at the earliest, and failing that, can be airdodged out of. :196:

Top Bottom