• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Whoa wait, that is smooth! I was gonna copy-paste it here (in the Zeldaganda) but I can't actually select the words! That's some nice fraud block.
Alas, not nice enough. :198:

May 1st, 20XX; 12:23PM
Weather: Sunny

The blaring sound of the horn echoes into the distance. It is quickly swallowed up by the sounds and voices of people gathering towards the center of the arena.

This is no ritual though. Rather, this is war. The horn signals the start of a brutal bloodbath that is to come.

The Cornucopia, the epitome of goods, weapons and necessities, is the first key to survival. If one is brave and daring enough, he or she can claim whatever possible before retreating. However, one wrong move and a quick and devastating death will occur, all in the hands of fellow players who are fighting for the same freedom and victory.

"This is my chance." a faint voice murmurs in the shadows.

A young boy dashes towards the Cornucopia. Petite in figure, but bold and strong in heart, he is the youngest of the players in this game. Whereas most have evacuated in fear of their lives, Koiba did not have retreat in mind. Much like his Smash main, Dark Pit, he's determined and focused, even sharing the same hair colour and trim. Quickly, he snatches the first thing his hand can reach for in the Cornucopia.

"Oh, I seeee you, young boy." a female voice hurls in the distance.

"... Aww shi-"

The young Koiba couldn't finish his sentence before a cloud of arrows infested the sky. Banjo has always seemed to be a lucky girl, and she might have brought that luck in picking a suitable weapon from the Cornucopia.

But if there's one thing Koiba excels in, it is his speed and ability to quickly reach flight mode, similar to the playstyle of his character main. Swiftly, he manages to flee the barrage of arrows before hiding in the deep realms of the forest to safety.

May 1st, 20XX; 1:12PM
Weather: Sunny

Koiba takes a deep breath of relief, narrowly escaping death. He grits his teeth, looking grimly on the ground. This was not his decision to participate in this bloodbath. Known as the SmashBoards stamina games, members are forced to participate should their boards and threads are found to be distasteful to the eyes of the head administrator. Although new to the forums, Koiba has found many people he can call good friends. However, the thought of sacrificing the "gorls" to survive sends a chill down his spine.

Koiba inspects the item he obtained from the Cornucopia before fleeing. His smile, already grim, turns even more somber upon learning what he was clenching in his hand.

"I... I risked my life... to get a fishing rod!?"

Koiba blankly stares ahead, his eyes starting to swell. He closes his eyes, attempting to hide his tears. "This can't be used as a weapon! I don't even have fishing gear, what can I use this for?" he mutters.

He brings himself up, and decides to stroll slowly through the forest, gazing into the sky.

Why do I have to be in this game? Will I even survive? What did I do to deserve this? He thought to himself. The sounds of his footsteps through the heavy branches stop, and he looks down.

"Maybe... I should just give up."

Just as he mutters those harsh words, a loud splash can be heard from the distance. It was the sound of running water. Koiba runs towards to noise to witness a flowing river. There, a particular individual jumps out of the lukewarm waters.

"... Hell, catching fish is a lot harder than I thought." the woman exclaims. Her short, blonde hair gleamed in the sunlight. Her height and body figure all indicate that she is a mature woman, perhaps a whole dozen years older than the young Koiba.

"Ferna... sensei?" Koiba shouts in surprise.

"Well, if it isn't little Koiba!" Ferna laughs, her entire body drenched in water. "Did you actually saw that? Your teacher just made a fool of herself right in front of a student, haha!"

Ferna then notices the fishing rod Koiba had firmly grasped in his hand. "It seems that our encounter was blessed by the gods. See, catching fish with just fishing bait alone is tough business. Say, why don't we collaborate for the day? We can at least get away with one good meal today!"

Koiba pauses, then breaths a sigh of relief. He smiles. "I'm so glad I found you, Ferna-sensei! With you, I think I'll be able to survive this whole ordeal! Let's work together to get out of here alive!"

Ferna briefly gives a faint smile before squatting down to Koiba's height. "Listen kid, there are no guarantees that we'll be sticking together for the whole trip. Anything in this bloodbath can happen. We could be separated, or perhaps have to fight face to face against each other." She announces in a sharp tone.

"You're young, kid. This will be a test to see your abilities to be mature and independent. You never know if some so called allies are going to betray you one night and kill ya while you're sleeping. Trust can only be placed with a grain of salt in this game; relying on others will lead to your death. But I see your potential kid. You might have what it takes to go all the way." Ferna smiles and gives a pat on Koiba's back.

Determination filled the young boy's eyes. Ferna-sensei always had a motherly figure with her soft eyes, her kind smile, and her wise words. Although the thought of fighting her teacher to the death in the potential future scares him, Koiba is glad that he has found somebody to be of assistance for the day.

"Thanks Sensei! I will try my hardest to become the strongest man alive!"

Ferna laughs wildly. "If you can come back out alive as a better and improved individual, all the girls will start fallin' for ya! Now let's go find some fresh water! I'm gettin' thirsty."

"That sounds like a great pl-... wait. Sensei, we have a river here."

"... You're right."

I guess even the great Ferna-sensei can be absentminded at times. Koiba thought to himself, then giggled.

It was the start of a journey he'll never forget.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
To be fair, Villager is a good partner for almost everyone. That psychotic child could be the best double character in the game? I can't think of who would be better.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Remember kids: don't talk to strangers.

But yeah in later towns random people will turn into enemies and attack you if you talk to them so watch out for them.

Best advice: the healers (and other important people) walk back and forth outside a building so observation is key.

If you have enough magic, the "life spell" if you have it or the "shield spell" can help with survival on those "forced levels" like the bridge.

Also restore points can really help so use them as much as possible if you want.

And if you need any help, I have a ton of maps for all the palaces and the locations of all the heart and magic containers along with general advice.
Death Mountain really lives up to its name in this game. That's the area that comes next.
ah thanks. yeah ive heard death mountain is the hardest part in the game, surprisingly the 2nd palace, but id like to see how far i can get without help. but if i am stuck, i guess i could ask you for guidance. i presume you beat it, yes?

i just hate the freaking goriyas, omg

Soul.

Villager + Pikachu is hilarious. Pocket Thunder KOs that will most likely never happen because cri

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
ah thanks. yeah ive heard death mountain is the hardest part in the game, surprisingly the 2nd palace, but id like to see how far i can get without help. but if i am stuck, i guess i could ask you for guidance. i presume you beat it, yes?

Dude I bought that game back in the Wii virtual shop days and apparently the only reason I got it was to wreck my own self-esteem :'D. I could never get past the second palace, eventually stopped trying because work + other games.

Good luck on your run, though!!

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I love how on FG Kirby vs Fox/Falco matches ALWAYS start with me ducking under their lasers. :kirby:
Also fun to copy ZSS and dance with that ponytail~

Last edited:

Soul.

remind me why do people want Skull Bash to not have the "press like a smash attack to charge faster" thing when it's mentioned on the in-game tips. Pretty sure it was meant to work this way.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I like Greninja the way he is right now. He doesn't have anything really abusive about him or any jank like Sheik's F-Air or Fox's jab but he does have a solid all around kit and has an amazing combo game to boast about.

I like Greninja because he's a pretty honest character that takes quite a bit of determination to do well with because you really need to do some quick thinking with him and you need good spacing and precision to be able to pull off his most effective combos and be able to pressure the opponent without putting yourself in risk of punishment.

Really, the reasons I play Greninja from most important to least important:

1. I love the character
  2. His movement feels really good
  3. Mindgames all day
  4. Really stylish character
  5. His combos are really satisfying to pull off
  6. His moveset allows for a lot of creativity
  7. Mastering him is really difficult but rewarding
  8. He's a good character competitively.
I dunno, it just feels good to win with Greninja because I really wanted to do well with him in this game ever since his announcement and after putting a lot of time into learning everything he can do, winning against other great players and noticing how much I've been improving with him lately is just really satisfying.

I don't think Greninja is top tier, heck, I don't even know if I find him top 15 anymore, but he's no doubt a very much viable character that just takes quite a lot of work in order to use effectively but sadly not too many people are willing to put time into learning him and so he kinda gets overlooked by a lot of people.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I like Greninja the way he is right now. He doesn't have anything really abusive about him or any jank like Sheik's F-Air or Fox's jab but he does have a solid all around kit and has an amazing combo game to boast about.

I like Greninja because he's a pretty honest character that takes quite a bit of determination to do well with because you really need to do some quick thinking with him and you need good spacing and precision to be able to pull off his most effective combos and be able to pressure the opponent without putting yourself in risk of punishment.

Really, the reasons I play Greninja from most important to least important:

1. I love the character
  2. His movement feels really good
  3. Mindgames all day
  4. Really stylish character
  5. His combos are really satisfying to pull off
  6. His moveset allows for a lot of creativity
  7. Mastering him is really difficult but rewarding
  8. He's a good character competitively.
I dunno, it just feels good to win with Greninja because I really wanted to do well with him in this game ever since his announcement and after putting a lot of time into learning everything he can do, winning against other great players and noticing how much I've been improving with him lately is just really satisfying.

I don't think Greninja is top tier, heck, I don't even know if I find him top 15 anymore, but he's no doubt a very much viable character that just takes quite a lot of work in order to use effectively but sadly not too many people are willing to put time into learning him and so he kinda gets overlooked by a lot of people.
HmmmMmmM interesting because this is exactly what I think about Wii fit. Literally every single word. Some people might say her nair is broken, but it really isn't. It might have an amazing damage output and speed with combos and kill setups but it's still not safe on shield and the range is only adequate.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Wii Fit's frame data is surprisingly decent. I thought it would be way worse than it is.

Nair is frame 9 (decent), dtilt is frame 10 (idk why since it's not a great move), dsmash is frame 18 (gross), and dair is frame 20 (lol).

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
WFT's nair isn't broken, but it does break my heart and make me want to stop playing
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 talk to me about robin frame data ;___;

Robin mains are apparently boring and don't ask questions
Is uthrow even a real move? Like wtf is the purpose of it...it has so little KBG. This is like...Zelda tier levels of bad.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Frame 9 isn't really that great for an aerial, you'd be looking at frame 5 or under for stuff that gets you out of juggles (Ness nair, Luigi nair, Diddy uair, Rock Hurl, etc.).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
WFT's nair isn't broken, but it does break my heart and make me want to stop playing

Is uthrow even a real move? Like wtf is the purpose of it...it has so little KBG. This is like...Zelda tier levels of bad.
There are a lot of moves in Smash that I question.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Fthrow is worse, that **** won't kill at 500%

No one has commented on tome durability yet

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Frame 9 isn't really that great for an aerial, you'd be looking at frame 5 or under for stuff that gets you out of juggles (Ness nair, Luigi nair, Diddy uair, Rock Hurl, etc.).
I would have guessed that it was like frame 6 or something. It's like Sakutena wanted Wii Fit to be bad.

Her bair is frame 5, though.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Fthrow is worse, that **** won't kill at 500%

No one has commented on tome durability yet
At least you can do fthrow to Thoron. Really good for edgeguarding since your opponent has to recover low and not get hit (aka risk being spiked) or take the Thoron. Is there anything you found about tome durability that isn't already known?

also lol @ 2398 frames for Nosferatu regeneration

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

I beat it many years ago on GBA.

Save states didn't exist there so I beat it the natural way.

Took many tries, but I eventually did it with the assistance of maps for the 5th palace onwards.

I would recommend doing the 2nd palace before Death Mountain since it's much easier to beat and it'll get you to a higher level to make the mountain easier.

The best way to take out Goriyas is to jump/block their initial attack and attack before the boomerang comes back. Once it starts to come back, jump or use your shield to dodge/block it.

Part of the reason Death Mountain is so hard is that it's literally a giant maze with tons of strong enemies and it takes forever to reach the end and if you get a game over "lol back to the start with you".

In other words, it's pretty much all or nothing.

Also huge emphasis on the strong enemy part though. Goriya's got nothing on them.

Rizen

Smash Legend
remind me why do people want Skull Bash to not have the "press like a smash attack to charge faster" thing when it's mentioned on the in-game tips. Pretty sure it was meant to work this way.
Link's jab 1 canceling was mentioned in the tips too. That didn't stop it from being nerfed. Nothing is sacred*.

*From the Zelda series at least.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
At least you can do fthrow to Thoron. Really good for edgeguarding since your opponent has to recover low and not get hit (aka risk being spiked) or take the Thoron. Is there anything you found about tome durability that isn't already known?

also lol @ 2398 frames for Nosferatu regeneration
It might have dropped 2 frames

Link for everyone else: www.kuroganehammer.com/smash4/robin

Top Bottom